PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, TeamLava

AgentRV
03-14-13, 10:14 AM
NOTE TO TeamLava:
Just wanted to take a moment and thank the people that have put together a great game that we are able to enjoy. In light of all the complaining I have read on here for the past several months about what is wrong with the updates, decor, goal items that you have to use gems for, etc., I just wanted to let you guys/gals know that not everyone feels like complaining. I would imagine that most of us playing your FREE game enjoy the goals, make use of the decor you provide for us, and appreciate the time you have taken to make this game what it is. I, for one, have throughly enjoyed playing Bakery Story despite the late night and early morning removal of items off ovens so they don't spoil. :p Since I have been playing (Halloween is when I started), I've enjoyed designing and re-designing my bakery, completing goals, and building appliances.

NOTE TO COMPLAINERS:
Do I agree with every decor item, recipe, goal, and theme that comes out...of course not, but...IT'S FREE!! What do I do?...I pick the ones I like, and don't worry about the rest. Do I like spending gems on a goal item after just spending gems on expanding 3X...of course not, but...IT'S FREE!! What do I do?...I baked like a madman to get the gems needed to get the little trumpet guy. Did I like it when TL took last years appliances away before I could get all my Candy Hatchery ovens (I love the peeps)...of course not, but...IT'S FREE!! What do I do?...well, cry a little, and then move on. What's the common denominator here...IT'S FREE!!

LET THE DISCUSSION BEGIN:
I know I have not made some people happy with some of what I have posted, but sometimes I just get tired of checking to see what is new on the forums only to find that it is just more complaining about what TeamLava did wrong or about what TeamLava didn't do. I welcome your feedback whether good or bad. Just remember, let's enjoy the game for what it is, and let's thank the guys/gals that make it happen for us. I know that now everything is going to make everyone happy, but...IT'S FREE!!

THANKS AGAIN, TEAMLAVA:
Again, thank you for what you do to improve and move this game forward. It has given me much enjoyment and has helped pass the time away during some times that needed something to do that. Your work has not gone unnoticed although many times you only hear the negative from the community. Keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing what is next!!

NOTE: Since the time I have been playing I have yet to spend actual money on gems. Everything in my bakery is either bought by earned gems or by coins. It can be done, and it can look good. You just have to be creative. I have attached a picture of my current design for your enjoyment. :D

rocketsmama
03-14-13, 10:27 AM
I agree with you on what you said. But Not everyone will agree on everything that comes out, pricing, ect. Its a fact of life. It is a forum and people do have a right to voice their opinion good or bad. I think a lot of people are frustrated because they feel like TL doesn't listen to the people that play their games. I do however have more important things to do in my life then get all worked up over this. I buy what I like and skip over what I don't. It's not that big of deal at least to me. If I like something I will write about it, if I don't like something I will write about it, just voicing my opinion. But your right its a fun free game.

AgentRV
03-14-13, 10:42 AM
I agree with you on what you said. But Not everyone will agree on everything that comes out, pricing, ect. Its a fact of life. It is a forum and people do have a right to voice their opinion good or bad. I think a lot of people are frustrated because they feel like TL doesn't listen to the people that play their games. I do however have more important things to do in my life then get all worked up over this. I buy what I like and skip over what I don't. It's not that big of deal at least to me. If I like something I will write about it, if I don't like something I will write about it, just voicing my opinion. But your right its a fun free game.

Well said, and I agree 100% on not getting worked up over it. I just wanted to let TeamLava know a positive in the midst of a bunch of negative, and I took the opportunity to jump up on a short soapbox.

If only the world was filled with rainbows and unicorns...then we all would be happy and tranquil. :cool:

rocketsmama
03-14-13, 10:50 AM
Well said, and I agree 100% on not getting worked up over it. I just wanted to let TeamLava know a positive in the midst of a bunch of negative, and I took the opportunity to jump up on a short soapbox.

If only the world was filled with rainbows and unicorns...then we all would be happy and tranquil. :cool:

Amen! Lol

Baraze
03-14-13, 10:52 AM
I couldnt have written this better myself. I stopped visiting some games posts, whereas I used it for entertainment because of the whining.

I wonder why some bother playing IF all they do is say what they dont like! Its annoying, silly and petty. No we wont like everything, but to come week, after week and week just to say what should have been done (make your own game) and how something is ugly, gets to be too much.

I buy what I like and keep it moving. If something sucks, I make a joke and keep it moving. If I love something, I buy gems, decorate and keep it moving. Very simple.

FrozenTurtle
03-14-13, 10:56 AM
Thanks for sharing your comments! :)

As a friendly reminder to you all...

Whether you agree or disagree with these comments, please keep your comments respectful and forum appropriate. Any post not adhering to our Rules and Policies (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) will be removed with possible disciplinary actions taken if necessary. Thanks for your cooperation! :)

thatgirl444
03-14-13, 11:23 AM
I couldnt have written this better myself. I stopped visiting some games posts, whereas I used it for entertainment because of the whining.

I wonder why some bother playing IF all they do is say what they dont like! Its annoying, silly and petty. No we wont like everything, but to come week, after week and week just to say what should have been done (make your own game) and how something is ugly, gets to be too much.

I buy what I like and keep it moving. If something sucks, I make a joke and keep it moving. If I love something, I buy gems, decorate and keep it moving. Very simple.

Agreed!! It's so annoying listening to everyone mad at this...then upset at that....This forum is filled with it...nothing is ever good enough for anyone.

Spend your gems on what you like...no one is forced to buy anything.

FaithEternal
03-14-13, 11:35 AM
Hi, i agree that TeamLava has some great games! I also agree that incessant whining is annoying and pointless. But customer feedback is crucial to any company's growth. Numerous companies send out anonymous surveys in order to identify opportunities for growth, it is the only way to stay ahead of the competition. And who knows better than the actual players where improvements are needed? :)
As for the many complaints regarding "disappearing gems" or other bugs, TeamLava needs to be made aware.

sourlicorice5
03-14-13, 11:51 AM
However that being said TL do have the best games and almost always do a good job with updates. Yes some things I don't like so don't get them. Do I think they need to make some changes yes. Like a confirmation button on gem purchases so no one accidently loses hard earned or bought gems. I think anyone who has lost gems most definelty has a right to be upset with that and voice their opinion. People have been voicing their concern with that for over a year and TL has not listened but instead added a complete all food for x amount of gems above the complete the one dish for 5 gems. Sorry but I think that was not a good decision on TLs part. And can Definetly understanding players voicing their thoughts on that.

However there are also many good things TL have done, weekly updates, goals for free decor or gems, contests to win gems etc so I will thank TL for those things :-)

sugarmilkppm
03-14-13, 02:40 PM
Here is a disclaimer. My post is not a debate on the efficacy of TL's business model and it is not a debate on what paying vs non-paying players are entitled to.

I think it's important to make the distinction that this is a freemium game. You can choose to enjoy the game and not spend a dime or you can choose to pay however much you want. People playing freemium games and not paying a dime is part of the risk of the freemium business model but I think it's safe to assume that without those who are paying the developers money, you would not be enjoying these games for free.

I think that everyone has a right to give constructive feedback about the game, whether it's praise or criticism; key word here being constructive. I pay money for TL games. The way I see it, I'm not just paying for fun items. I'm paying for continual development and improvement for the game and for the ability for TL to make even better games in the future for me to enjoy. For me personally, if I didn't have the financial means to help support a game I love playing, I wouldn't have anything to give that constituted unconstructive feedback; I'd just enjoy the game for what it is. Since I do have the means to support my favorite TL games, I do feel I have the right to post constructive feedback even if it doesn't always paint a pretty picture. I'm invested (you could say literally, even) in these games and it's continued success (read: fun for me) is absolutely of importance to me.

As for pure 100% unadulterated whinery though? I think it's sad that people get frustrated to the point where they forget or no longer have the ability to be constructive because they feel that the developers aren't listening to them and I totally understand where these people are coming from. I would absolutely love if a developer visited us every once in a while from the moon and told us something straight from the horse's mouth. It would make us fans go nuts with glee to feel remotely included in the development process, go a long way to helping improve the fan/customer-developer relationship and overrall, improve our community.

sourlicorice5
03-14-13, 05:03 PM
Here is a disclaimer. My post is not a debate on the efficacy of TL's business model and it is not a debate on what paying vs non-paying players are entitled to.

I think it's important to make the distinction that this is a freemium game. You can choose to enjoy the game and not spend a dime or you can choose to pay however much you want. People playing freemium games and not paying a dime is part of the risk of the freemium business model but I think it's safe to assume that without those who are paying the developers money, you would not be enjoying these games for free.

I think that everyone has a right to give constructive feedback about the game, whether it's praise or criticism; key word here being constructive. I pay money for TL games. The way I see it, I'm not just paying for fun items. I'm paying for continual development and improvement for the game and for the ability for TL to make even better games in the future for me to enjoy. For me personally, if I didn't have the financial means to help support a game I love playing, I wouldn't have anything to give that constituted unconstructive feedback; I'd just enjoy the game for what it is. Since I do have the means to support my favorite TL games, I do feel I have the right to post constructive feedback even if it doesn't always paint a pretty picture. I'm invested (you could say literally, even) in these games and it's continued success (read: fun for me) is absolutely of importance to me.

As for pure 100% unadulterated whinery though? I think it's sad that people get frustrated to the point where they forget or no longer have the ability to be constructive because they feel that the developers aren't listening to them and I totally understand where these people are coming from. I would absolutely love if a developer visited us every once in a while from the moon and told us something straight from the horse's mouth. It would make us fans go nuts with glee to feel remotely included in the development process, go a long way to helping improve the fan/customer-developer relationship and overrall, improve our community.

Bows down :-)

nky1111
03-15-13, 01:42 AM
so wheres the development and improvement?????? a couple of 5-minute fixes in 2 YEARS???? lol))))
look any other game, where does it get in a year.

nky1111
03-15-13, 01:52 AM
they would rather hire 100 tech support that manually transfer your games, and make you pay them, then take 10 minutes of time to make a login prompt like in other s8 games. gosh! what improvement can u expect from them???

intended
03-15-13, 02:12 AM
NOTE TO TeamLava:
Just wanted to take a moment and thank the people that have put together a great game that we are able to enjoy

I share this thoughts

With love

aBigaiL

applesauce510
03-15-13, 11:05 AM
To the original OP. Very nice sentiment. I had the chance to look at your bakery and it's sweet. But please make no mistake TL creates these mini flash games for PROFIT. They do not make these games out of the goodness of their hearts for you to play and enjoy for free. Their paychecks come from and depend on the users who are spending money on their games. They hope by enticing you with a few "gems" here and there it will inspire you to spend money.

While I abhor whining as well. I appreciate good constructive criticism. And sometimes people just being able to display their anger at what they feel is wrong or what upsets them.

I was impressed at the onset of this goal event. I thought " oh wow they're listening to their end users and making a few things more affordable?" Only to be (like many others) disappointed in the "bait and switch" tactic they displayed. Waas it intentional? I don't know but it is most certainly how the majority of the users felt.

Thanking the developers for their hard work in creating a game you enjoy is a very nice thing to do. But please don't feel that the complaints or the people who post here on this board are whining about a "FREE" game. There's a much bigger picture. Some people have spent real money on this game and therefore should have an active voice.

It would behoove TL to take ALL it's users FB into consideration and make the improvements the players themselves ask for. Most game developers rely heavily on satisfied paying customers. And their continued positive feedback/gameplay and support. :cool:

applesauce510
03-15-13, 11:11 AM
Bows down :-) Joins :)

sourlicorice5
03-15-13, 11:23 AM
To the original OP. Very nice sentiment. I had the chance to look at your bakery and it's sweet. But please make no mistake TL creates these mini flash games for PROFIT. They do not make these games out of the goodness of their hearts for you to play and enjoy for free. Their paychecks come from and depend on the users who are spending money on their games. They hope by enticing you with a few "gems" here and there it will inspire you to spend money.

While I abhor whining as well. I appreciate good constructive criticism. And sometimes people just being able to display their anger at what they feel is wrong or what upsets them.

I was impressed at the onset of this goal event. I thought " oh wow they're listening to their end users and making a few things more affordable?" Only to be (like many others) disappointed in the "bait and switch" tactic they displayed. Waas it intentional? I don't know but it is most certainly how the majority of the users felt.

Thanking the developers for their hard work in creating a game you enjoy is a very nice thing to do. But please don't feel that the complaints or the people who post here on this board are whining about a "FREE" game. There's a much bigger picture. Some people have spent real money on this game and therefore should have an active voice.

It would behoove TL to take ALL it's users FB into consideration and make the improvements the players themselves ask for. Most game developers rely heavily on satisfied paying customers. And their continued positive feedback/gameplay and support. :cool:

Bows down to this post as well :-)

nky1111
03-16-13, 04:32 AM
most game developers put it out for $1. and then the more people are satisfied the more profit! not here. TL would totally twist the game logic and everything in favor of *****s and gem traps. daily limit in the bakery, why just not decrease the number of servings?? why we move from powerful appliances on low level to weak ones on high level??? on purpose ,to avoid overstock??? thats not bakery story, thats earning-the-freaking-gems story. in any other game u tap anywhere and it does what u expect.. or it does something, but definitely not taking your gems with no warning.. the dragon story has already gone into total absurd. nobody cares is it free or $1-5, but who needs such a twisted game?? anywhere else u throw $1 and get a normal game.. here u get what??? a thing asking fot more $ and NEVER getting normal???

they're talking weekly updated graphics but where are they??? in abandoned level 99 shops and that's all??? what is it, a post apocalyptic style game?? others bugfix weekly btw.. here there are gaping holes everywhere and nowhere near real opengl performance..
everybody has 3d characters already that walk and do stuff.. here the dragon's head goes funny as it walks..

nmishii
03-16-13, 10:48 AM
so wheres the development and improvement?????? a couple of 5-minute fixes in 2 YEARS???? lol))))
look any other game, where does it get in a year.

These games have had a lot of development and improvement in the last two years. More than a couple of 5-minute fixes. Anyone can see that.

nmishii
03-16-13, 10:54 AM
they would rather hire 100 tech support that manually transfer your games, and make you pay them, then take 10 minutes of time to make a login prompt like in other s8 games. gosh! what improvement can u expect from them???

I have had tech support transfer my games twice - the first time it was done in about 1/2 from my first email, the second time it took a little over an hour. I have never paid them to transfer games, and I don't think anyone else has. How much did they charge you for transferring your games?

And you can transfer your games without going through support using storm8 games. I've done that also.

I've also programmed in my job. I haven't seen the TL design or code, but it will take more than 10 min to create a login prompt and ensure it works.

nmishii
03-16-13, 11:02 AM
most game developers put it out for $1. and then the more people are satisfied the more profit! not here. TL would totally twist the game logic and everything in favor of *****s and gem traps. daily limit in the bakery, why just not decrease the number of servings?? why we move from powerful appliances on low level to weak ones on high level??? on purpose ,to avoid overstock??? thats not bakery story, thats earning-the-freaking-gems story. in any other game u tap anywhere and it does what u expect.. or it does something, but definitely not taking your gems with no warning.. the dragon story has already gone into total absurd. nobody cares is it free or $1-5, but who needs such a twisted game?? anywhere else u throw $1 and get a normal game.. here u get what??? a thing asking fot more $ and NEVER getting normal???

they're talking weekly updated graphics but where are they??? in abandoned level 99 shops and that's all??? what is it, a post apocalyptic style game?? others bugfix weekly btw.. here there are gaping holes everywhere and nowhere near real opengl performance..
everybody has 3d characters already that walk and do stuff.. here the dragon's head goes funny as it walks..

I don't think there are *****s in any of the games. I have weekly updated graphics in my shops and so do my neighbors, and none of the shops are abandoned.

This thread is to thank TL for their games. If you want to complain about the games, and post things that aren't true, maybe you should create a new thread.

If you're unhappy with the TL games, you can also choose to pay $1 for a "normal" game that will make you happy.

nmishii
03-16-13, 11:09 AM
I would also like to thank TL for their games. I appreciate the variety in the releases. If the release doesn't go well in my shop, that's fine, I just skip the release, and from looking at my neighbor's shops it did appeal to some of them.

sourlicorice5
03-16-13, 12:16 PM
I would also like to thank TL for their games. I appreciate the variety in the releases. If the release doesn't go well in my shop, that's fine, I just skip the release, and from looking at my neighbor's shops it did appeal to some of them.

I to thank TL for their games and releases. I am the same. If something doesn't appeal to me then I skip it as well. Some things I may not be happy about and 'complain' about it but the new updates every week is definetly not something I'd "complain about. TL do work hard at that and even though I may voice my "complaints about things like not adding a confirm button, raising the costs of stuff in bakery, I do appreciate other things they do add to the games like weekly updates.