PDA

View Full Version : Why do some people send old stuff?

robbytheseal
03-14-13, 06:04 AM
Why do some people send the parts of appliances which are not available any more? such as bunny ears or Dracula's capes?

I just would like to know the reason. I even wonder if they don't like me?:confused:

bjuiil
03-14-13, 06:26 AM
I call those neighbours pests - they're the same ones who request current part and gift brownies. I just re-gift the junk to them. If they are new, I understand but someone who's been playing this game for a while knows better.

LindaBLB
03-14-13, 07:19 AM
I just deleted someone who continually did this. She left a nasty message on my wall in reply. I think they are kids.

nky1111
03-14-13, 08:26 AM
go to halloween edition and request dracula capes from them until they are blue in the face)))

bakerbarbie12
03-14-13, 11:45 AM
It IS super annoying. Or when people gift someone who is at a high level and clearly has enough food to last about 4 years already on the counters and they gift brownies. Ugh. I don't mind screws or paint in the hopes we might actually need them some day, but i have no use (or patience) for dragon scales or brownies!

Ooobeee
03-14-13, 02:14 PM
It IS super annoying. Or when people gift someone who is at a high level and clearly has enough food to last about 4 years already on the counters and they gift brownies. Ugh. I don't mind screws or paint in the hopes we might actually need them some day, but i have no use (or patience) for dragon scales or brownies!

What's wrong with gifting brownies? I for one have been known to gift brownies on occasion. When I gift, I choose one gift, whether it be food or part, and send it to everyone on my list in one sweep. However, I do have one friend who wrote on my wall and specifically asked for food gifts only, so I do try to accommodate that person. Frankly, even though I'm at level 73, I would still prefer food because this way if I ever decide to clear my counters, I can put food gifts on them to make money while waiting for my food to finish cooking on the stoves. One thing I do agree with you, though is that I would prefer not to receive parts like shamrocks or dragon scales unless they are needed for a goal. And even then, if I need the part, I'd rather ask for it than to have 50 of them sitting in my inventory.

bjuiil
03-14-13, 04:21 PM
What's wrong with gifting brownies? I for one have been known to gift brownies on occasion. When I gift, I choose one gift, whether it be food or part, and send it to everyone on my list in one sweep. However, I do have one friend who wrote on my wall and specifically asked for food gifts only, so I do try to accommodate that person. Frankly, even though I'm at level 73, I would still prefer food because this way if I ever decide to clear my counters, I can put food gifts on them to make money while waiting for my food to finish cooking on the stoves. One thing I do agree with you, though is that I would prefer not to receive parts like shamrocks or dragon scales unless they are needed for a goal. And even then, if I need the part, I'd rather ask for it than to have 50 of them sitting in my inventory.

When I was new at the game and needed a way to make cash to either buy appliances or decorations for a goal, brownies were much appreciated. Now, I don't really care for them as I'm well-stocked with food. In the beginning, I also gave brownies until someone said it was better to give cappuccino that earns more money.

If you see I have lots of food on my counters - tea, cookies, pies, red velvet cake, etc - I clearly don't need brownies. I know this may sound like I'm being ungrateful, but it's just that the gift slot will be better used if I could get something I need.

If I see someone is new at the game, I would gift cappuccino so they could build up inventory and cash. If a player has an appliance that needs a part, I would gift them a part for that appliance. Also, if they request a part, I can fill that request with one slot and then gift them the other part they need.

bjuiil
03-14-13, 04:23 PM
I think some people are being thoughtless when they send gifts. They'll send a request for a much-needed part and then immediately gift u brownies as if to say 'see, I'm a good nbr'. And these people, I've noticed only gift when they want something.

ShawnBFC
03-14-13, 04:41 PM
The better question is why hasn't TL taken those useless gifts out?

Even though I have been playing for a little while (right after Christmas) I still don't know which parts go to what appliance unless I've bought it. I've come to learn that unless an appliance is for a goal, they're useless to me since the basic oven and drink machine produces products that earn the highest profits. That being said, I only gift new parts or cappuccino, unless I see a neighbors post on their wall specifying what they need/want as gifts (I look before gifting).

cacolvin
03-16-13, 02:14 AM
can you get rid of the bunny ears and bat from your gifts if you don't need them? I don't see where I can do this.

dcass92
03-16-13, 12:55 PM
well if there's no goal and you don't want food then what in tarnation do you want

GroovyRuss
03-16-13, 06:22 PM
well if there's no goal and you don't want food then what in tarnation do you want

basic parts of course

We just had the

Clay oven (10 springs and 10 screws basic parts needed) + special parts
Pancake Griddle (4 springs and 4 screws basic parts needed) + special parts

I built 16 of each because i have 500+ of each of all basic parts
Just the Clay ovens set me back 160 springs and 160 screws lol

jhevel
03-17-13, 12:07 AM
I'd like to defend SOME people who commit the crime of sending old stuff.

When I'm on a goal and I have 5 people who start sending me shamrocks like crazy, I start to think "oh, we're going to need shamrocks?" I know it's horrible horrible group think that perpetuates a lie, but in my noobish state, I fell victim. Since I'm a new player, I didn't realize that the stuff for the current season is actually from a year ago (or more). I usually only sent them back to the person who sent them to me, but there may have been a time or two when I mass sent them to everyone cause I thought they might be required.

Now that I have SEEN THE LIGHT *praise-jesus-hands*, I don't send stuff anymore unless it's 1) generic parts (screws), 2) food, or 3) stuff I KNOW is used for the current set of goals. Obviously, I always honor requests first and foremost.

Anyhow, it may not be intentional or chronic stupidity. It might just be a case of the temporarily-stupids.

GroovyRuss
03-17-13, 08:56 AM
Anyhow, it may not be intentional or chronic stupidity. It might just be a case of the temporarily-stupids.

no worries if new players do it but if a level 99 nbrs keeps doing it to me BYE BYE

related topic

I have half dozen nbrs that keep sending me FOOD. I dump about 200K of food a day in the trash.
everything from thr clay, pancake, lucky, music oven and music drink machine TRASH

I save none of it yet here comes brownies lol

heidik901
03-17-13, 11:25 AM
This isn't a big deal for me. I simply decline a gift I don't want to make room for another gift to come in instead. I never have any problem filling my daily quota with items I want that particular day. Sometimes I accept all the current special parts, sometimes regular parts, sometimes food, depending on what I need. Just like in life, if you don't like the item, return (decline) it for something else.

islanddoll1
03-17-13, 07:38 PM
I will admit, when i just started playing i just gifted with I thought looked nice. after a while I began to realize what the parts were for and which food was most requested. I gift cappuccino because it goes quickly and rakes in the most profit. As far as parts go, i rarely gift them unless they're requested or new oven parts. That's all need from neighbors too, cappuccino or new oven parts as they become available. I don't care for neighbors to tip but i do tip to maintain my star rating.

123cheri
03-18-13, 02:35 AM
Why doesn't TL remove the parts for the appliances that are no longer available? If you haven't built the old appliances by now, you never will.

saucysammis
03-18-13, 07:26 AM
Why doesn't TL remove the parts for the appliances that are no longer available? If you haven't built the old appliances by now, you never will.

There are bakeries out there, some of them long abandoned and some active, that have appliance boxes for those NLO items waiting for parts or construction.

I agree, though that I'd like to see the gifting options disappear after 3 months for items that have been discontinued. If the box is in a bakery, the parts can be requested.

yupiyupigumgum
03-19-13, 10:02 AM
I just can't understand why TL REMOVED the Holiday recipes and stuffs but LEFT the old useless parts? At least please 'recycle or reuse' the old spareparts.

rainedrop101
03-19-13, 03:26 PM
My motto: "When in doubt, send a screw."

saffira5711
03-19-13, 03:58 PM

Hahaha, that made me laugh. Good motto. Yes, I have neighbors that keep sending the old shamrock. Or don't gift at all, but request all the time. I don't like food gifts either, as they are not needed, but I'm glad that those people gift me at all. I gift daily and send either a part for new ovens or basic parts. But I am a terrible tipper, because I hardly have time for that. But yeah, I really need to find the time to make a spring cleaning in my neighbor list :)

rusticjess
03-19-13, 06:05 PM
My neighbors don't usually send old appliance parts. But a lot of them like to send me chocolate cake. I don't know why, but it confuses me. So many of them send...chocolate cake...

wingus
03-20-13, 04:46 AM
At least you can sell chocolate cake. I hate when neighbours send me DRAGON PARTS!! I have no intention of building the mini dragon baker... :(

robbytheseal
03-20-13, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys for your replies.

After reading the posts, I got the idea that they send old parts not by bad intentions; they are just ignorant. Not all players come to this forum and research about the games. I play and make the plan for this game by looking at the charts, recipes, or forums, but some people (I don't know how many though) don't ever look at any kind of these.

Therefore, they don't know which parts go to which appliances, or the parts they are about to send are for appliances that are not available any more. I guess they even don't know that cappuccino is the most making-money gift among the food gifts either.

It is difficult to tell what the neighbor would like, food or parts. I personally would like parts only because there is so much food in my bakery, and I'm kinda obsessed to collect appliances. On the other hand, I notice some people prefer food gifts.

If I have a time, I gift something which the neighbor requests so that he/she can get parts double.

That's great:D

nky1111
03-20-13, 08:11 AM
At least you can sell chocolate cake.

yea if you go on vacation for a month or two))))