PDA

View Full Version : TL..Players are saying NO MORE COSTUMES!!

linp825
03-13-13, 02:00 PM
Read the first two threads...there are so many of us have who have had it with the kooky costume catalogues alraeady! Please bring back REAL fashion (it IS after all called FASHION Story). They are cute but maybe save the costumes for Halloween which u know we love THAT. but Please. And for those who think im against St. Patricks save yr breath...they cd have done a really nice casual outfit with a beautiful Irish knit sweater and a pair of dark green cords or jeans with nice boots, which wd have commemorated the holiday very nicely

dugbug87
03-13-13, 02:03 PM
Could not agree more.

jojopeanut
03-13-13, 02:44 PM
I agree I also enjoy more fashionable clothes for the game. However I think that TL is trying to make all plaers happy I guess not sure of the age demographics that play I know players say there daughters play etc. So I think when they bring these catalogs they are appealing more to the under age of 12 range. Look at it this way it's another way for them to play dress up barbie or paper dolls in a way, of course I'm dating myself LOL I would venture to say no girls play with paper dolls any longer..LOL

I also feel the same when I look at the carnival items none of those catalogs appealed to me either. I haven't started either of those. And the geek catalog I have but I again it's more of highschool age catalog, again TL appealing to a different age group player base. But then again one can say including myslef how would they know they age demographic of players they never do surveys or antything.

lillykittymeow
03-13-13, 03:08 PM
Agreed! Leave the silly costumes for Halloween!

Baraze
03-13-13, 03:12 PM
What is being expected of them? Out of hundreds of thousands of players, we all cant be pleased. Its unrealistic. Very.

For most of us we are happy to get anything at all. I just dont understand why some clothes have to bring in less than four dollars. In bakery and restaurant most dishes earn big bucks. I get that they are shorter timed and have low quantity, but jeez, i need to make money! Especially with the price of decor going up so much higher.

But there are kids who play and they love the costumes. Do people complain when the costumes come out for halloween, valentine and xmas? Because lets me honest, some of them are borderline cartoonish. And so what if they are?!

Some people would love having items that reminds them of their home. The mardi gras display was heavily bashed. But I absolutely loved it. On ios there are plenty fashion games that are low on costumes. They also dont have the amazing qualities this one does.

If they stop doing releases every week for being tired of the constant griping, then we really will have a reason to be sick of.....

rengirl1978
03-13-13, 03:33 PM
I like the costumes. Fun little change here and there.

miumiuprada
03-13-13, 03:48 PM
What is being expected of them? Out of hundreds of thousands of players, we all cant be pleased. Its unrealistic. Very.

For most of us we are happy to get anything at all. I just dont understand why some clothes have to bring in less than four dollars. In bakery and restaurant most dishes earn big bucks. I get that they are shorter timed and have low quantity, but jeez, i need to make money! Especially with the price of decor going up so much higher.

But there are kids who play and they love the costumes. Do people complain when the costumes come out for halloween, valentine and xmas? Because lets me honest, some of them are borderline cartoonish. And so what if they are?!

Some people would love having items that reminds them of their home. The mardi gras display was heavily bashed. But I absolutely loved it. On ios there are plenty fashion games that are low on costumes. They also dont have the amazing qualities this one does.

If they stop doing releases every week for being tired of the constant griping, then we really will have a reason to be sick of.....

Couldn't agree anymore... As long as they provide different styles every week I am not getting reason to complain. Even in the Valentine's Day, they tried to give us some different styles, one was casual looking, one or two were costumes, one was rock.. It is not hard to understand they try to please everyone?

When they released sports, I am sure I had seen people asked for costume.

If that week is not your taste, just be patient. Things keep rotate.

maggieyyli
03-13-13, 03:55 PM

Oh, same rhyme, maybe you can try using it as contest.

linp825
03-13-13, 04:12 PM
Its too many costumes.

meme1098
03-13-13, 05:10 PM
The last several weeks have been a real let down for me. I don't have any of these costumes in my boutique. I have a 'fashion' boutique with actual clothing and not Halloween costumes.

Ic3e
03-13-13, 06:21 PM
Some of these so-called "costumes" you described as can also be described as "couture" to some. Like 'Raving Rainbow', it's not a costume more like a couture outfit, or an outfit an actual raver may wear. For 'Lovely Luck', it's traditional and besides TL could have brought back last years catalog 'Emerald Isle' but sadly they didn't. You have your point with 'Clownin Around' but I don't see it in other catalogs, maybe it's because of my expanded knowledge of fashion that I know how to find a place for these outfits in the world. Whether casual or not.

Christiana12345
03-13-13, 06:44 PM
i guess thery r ok.....like the cowboy one or geekone....but DEFIANTLY NO ANAMIAL ONE. we r humans so save them for halloween.

otherwise; i dont care about wat i order....as long i get the money!!!! :o

Christiana12345
03-13-13, 06:57 PM
i actually dont care......atleast U R NOT WEARING IT

nky1111
03-14-13, 02:52 AM
MORE COSTUMES!!! there wasn't even any Mardi Gras oufit. there's a whopping lot of theater theme items - u have grand opening, nutcracker, mardi gras, 2 fairy boxes etc. u have even a sewing machine that suggests some custom made stuff.

the bad thing is just that they remove alot of clothes leaving u no choice

linp825
03-15-13, 08:18 PM
Most pple still seem to be saying too many costumes. Otherwise maybe come out with COSTUME SHOP STORY where its Halloween all year! People would buy into that i think.

fashionvanessa
03-15-13, 09:36 PM
por supuesto que concuerdo contigo....add fashionvanessa

ferylit
03-16-13, 12:00 AM
The last several weeks have been a real let down for me. I don't have any of these costumes in my boutique. I have a 'fashion' boutique with actual clothing and not Halloween costumes.

I agree & have designated no space for such so-called fashions. When is the last time you saw anyone wear laurel on their head?

sourlicorice5
03-16-13, 12:13 AM
Couldn't agree anymore... As long as they provide different styles every week I am not getting reason to complain. Even in the Valentine's Day, they tried to give us some different styles, one was casual looking, one or two were costumes, one was rock.. It is not hard to understand they try to please everyone?

When they released sports, I am sure I had seen people asked for costume.

Same here. I'm not going to complain about any of the outfits. Yes some I don't like but I look at it this way. It's more free gems I can earn.

sourlicorice5
03-16-13, 12:15 AM
Same here. I'm not going to complain about any of the outfits. Yes I don't like some of them but I look at it this way. It's more free gems I can earn.

Edited...............

Ic3e
03-16-13, 12:16 AM
I agree & have designated no space for such so-called fashions. When is the last time you saw anyone wear laurel on their head?

Actually, I have seen someone wear a laurel/headband and that person is me. It's called style and style influences fashion because you don't just wear laurels as a costume but you can wear them if your style includes 'Hippie'. Yes my style is Hippie but it's also Punk but it's also Goth but it's also Futuristic but it's also Retro and so much more. Like I said, the reason why I'm not complaining is because my sense of style and fashion is much more eccentric. I don't dress just to look decent but I also dress to be the best.

ferylit
03-16-13, 12:52 AM
Actually, I have seen someone wear a laurel/headband and that person is me. It's called style and style influences fashion because you don't just wear laurels as a costume but you can wear them if your style includes 'Hippie'. Yes my style is Hippie but it's also Punk but it's also Goth but it's also Futuristic but it's also Retro and so much more. Like I said, the reason why I'm not complaining is because my sense of style and fashion is much more eccentric. I don't dress just to look decent but I also dress to be the best.

I meant laurel not headband. Not discounting anyone senses of style but some are really more costumes than actual fashion. Have any if us worn a yellow bowtie lately? Probably not.

Ic3e
03-16-13, 02:07 AM
I meant laurel not headband. Not discounting anyone senses of style but some are really more costumes than actual fashion. Have any if us worn a yellow bowtie lately? Probably not.

Correction, not worn but will wear, as in I will wear a bowtie tomorrow at my brothers birthday party. Okay not yellow but it's red sooooo... close enough? Lol ;D And can we all just disregard fashion for a second? Without style there wouldn't be fashion.

linp825
03-17-13, 10:57 AM
I think it wd help, and even solve the whole thing, if players had the capability to "hide" catalogues they don't like or don't plan on mastering. This way they wouldn't have to scroll past them every time and wd only have stuff they really want/use in their inventory.