PDA

View Full Version : Sleepless City - Levels 97 - 102

OpeningCeremony
03-13-13, 12:22 PM
wow new island already!! so fast!! i haven't passed level 97 yet even after 5 tries :p i kept having one last glass left over. so far no new features, but we have yet to see. yay i love jewel mania :cool: they keep it coming!

ngamp
03-15-13, 02:14 PM
wish I was there, too. :( gotta try harder on 96. can't wait to reach the the new island!!

OpeningCeremony
03-15-13, 03:42 PM
wish I was there, too. :( gotta try harder on 96. can't wait to reach the the new island!!

hurry!! :) i've been stuck on 99 for awhile and want to whine about it with someone. hehe

omniBliss
03-18-13, 04:53 PM
Stuck on level 101, grrrr....

Someone please helpppp meeee, lol.

:confused:

OpeningCeremony
03-19-13, 02:49 PM
omg i see a new island but it's locked for me because i'm still stuck on level 99!!! HEEELLLLPP!! i just can't get any good matches and it seems like my board is constantly reshuffling because there aren't any available matches. sigh. i want to move on already

ngamp
03-19-13, 09:05 PM
Yay and noooooo! I'm now on this island, but I'm also stuck on 99. Omnibless, you are always a winner! Lol . Any tip?? haha

OpeningCeremony
03-20-13, 12:29 PM
they've increased the time limit on 99 from 1 min to 1:10 to 1:20 now. lol. i've gotten 47/48 a few times so it's very frustrating!!

jamalo
03-20-13, 04:01 PM
Also stuck on 99.. My best is 41 so i guess they need to increase the time limit to 2 minutes for me...

omniBliss
03-21-13, 05:57 AM
Thanks... I'm Still stuck on level 101, lol, smh. Oh and they added a few seconds more to this level too. I find myself needing to dig two more levels to win b4 time runs out. I might just take a break on that and finish the new challenges they've added and see if I can give any tips on how I passed level 99 for y'all.

omniBliss
03-21-13, 08:17 AM
My 2 cents, For level 99-
Make sure your first move is close to the bottom and it is (how do I put it, hmm) breaking the pure white ice block to make it into a colored jewel. If you get a game where it it not giving you that first move to do that, don't touch the board and restart the level til you do.
From there what I did was keep focus on the bottom, moving the black boxes to make a jewel match.... & at the top keeping an eye out to make bombs, lasers, etc. combine any special jewels together is alway great too.

If u do it that way, u will finish way ahead of time and get 3 stars like me. :p

Now if I could give myself advice on level 101, lol. :-/

graciecakes02
03-21-13, 11:19 AM
Hi anyone got any tips on 98 ? I can't even come close. Have only got down to level 6 once but most of time I get to level 3. Feel like I'm missing something obvious. Have been at it for days.

omniBliss
03-21-13, 05:45 PM
Yay, I finally passed 101.. With barely one star, but I'll I take it! Lol. That level was making me very annoyed. I don't think I will go back to get the 3 stars.

jamalo
03-22-13, 02:53 AM
Thanks teamlava for increasing time on level 99 to 1.50! At least i have a chance now although its still hard... I almost gave up on the game...

maian30
03-22-13, 06:36 AM
1:50 and I'm still stuck!! It is much more practical now though. I have been stuck for over a week....

OpeningCeremony
03-22-13, 10:34 AM
Thanks teamlava for increasing time on level 99 to 1.50! At least i have a chance now although its still hard... I almost gave up on the game...

they actually increased it from 1:20 to 1:30 for a short while. then all of a sudden it was 1:50. i was very happy about that too :)

jamalo
03-23-13, 12:19 AM
And now it is 2.30! And still didn't make it on my first 5 attempts.. But 47/48 now... So guess will make it somewhere later today ��

graciecakes02
03-23-13, 11:00 AM
Thanks TL for increasing time on level 98. Still haven't managed it but getting a lot closer now. Thanks

finnth12
03-23-13, 07:17 PM
I'm on lvl 102. These Doom jewel are just quicker than me....

finnth12
03-24-13, 01:06 PM
Any tips on level 102? I made vertical blasters but always run out time on the doom jewel.

sweetstuff525
03-24-13, 01:39 PM
Wow you guys are good I'm still stuck on 96
How did you beat it without buying gold?

finnth12
03-27-13, 11:51 AM
Any tips on level 102? I made vertical blasters but always run out time on the doom jewel.

Finally, passed level 102. :)

mmilonga
04-02-13, 03:36 AM
What is the trick with 98?

Phaedrakiki
04-20-13, 02:39 PM
Wow you guys are good I'm still stuck on 96
How did you beat it without buying gold?

You may no longer need this, but if so check out the Pastry Plains (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?47652-Pastry-Plains-Levels-91-96) thread. Some great tips there that helped me thru (especially OmniBliss & Aleeniweeni's.) I don't buy gold, either, & just passed 96 myself. Looking for tricks for this island now...looks like some more hard levels coming up!!! :-)

Phaedrakiki
04-21-13, 06:45 PM
What is the trick with 98?

Hi, I just passed 98 (kinda tough!) I think 2 things helped. 1. I didn't worry about clearing the board/wood tiles. (Screen scrolls when you're down to one row of dirt tiles, even if you have wooden ones left above.) And 2. I tried to start with a flat match against the 1st row of dirt tiles. Did this by restarting the level before touching any tiles. Shouldn't use an energy as long as you don't make a move. (I say shouldn't because lately Jewel Mania has been a little glitchy for me, and has stolen energy a couple times when I reset the game. Probably just me, but try at your own risk, lol!)

Phaedrakiki
04-21-13, 10:28 PM
Also stuck on 99..(...) they need to increase the time limit to 2 minutes for me...
Hahaha, they actually did increase the time to 2 minutes--and it's still difficult! I'm using OmniBliss' advice (pg. 1 this thread,) but I can tell it's gonna take several tries... Oh well, practice makes perfect (or at least 2 stars?) ;-)

Gardienn
04-22-13, 08:24 PM
98? I can't clear 89. I'm sooooo frustrated.

Phaedrakiki
04-25-13, 02:29 AM
I passed 99 earlier today, & I was thrilled not to be stuck anymore. Now 100's proving difficult--Doom jewels again!👎 They're so frustrating. I didn't think this level would be a problem...no one's mentioned it in this thread. (Ha-Maybe it's just me? lol!) As I play I keep restarting the level until I get a good layout (that allows me to clear one of the 1st 4 doom jewels in the 1st move.) But I still only got through once without setting off a "doom-ey"...w/glass leftover, of course. Hopefully I'll get some diamond jewel opportunities (while avoiding doom jewels!) when my energy recharges. Unless someone has some advice for me...please? Otherwise I'll keep trying, & hope for perfect conditions...

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 02:37 PM
I passed 99 (...) Now 100's proving difficult. (...I restart) the level until I get a good layout (that allows me to clear one of the 1st 4 doom jewels as my 1st move.) ...advice for me...please?...
Ooops! Guess I should've waited to post that, cuz my strategy worked! I passed level 100 on the 2nd try after that comment...(Yay!!)

Then I got stuck on 101, and typed a comment here to ask for help, but I decided to hold off a bit. Eventually I passed it too. But it took a lot of energies...101's a tough level! For me, it also required starting with a good layout (horizontal matches next to the dirt tiles as 1st/2nd moves--or restart 'til you got 'em.) Then haul ur bootie! I didn't use my "auto-blaster" presents until the end. Had 3 of them w/3 rows left, & the screen started flashing! Blast, blast, blast...goal achieved! Perfect timing, lol!

Now I am posting, to ask for help on 102 (glass/timed/doom jewels/ice blocks.). I know others have found it tough, too...considering the comments here. Arrrgg! Those $#%* Doom Jewels are crazy fast! So, does uh, anyone have tips for 102?
[Someone mentioned vertical blasters, and they are helpful. Might just be one of those levels where you have to play it a gazillion times so you learn how to clear glass & watch for doom jewels in two areas at once!]

Phaedrakiki
04-28-13, 01:18 PM
Whew--passed 102! I thought several times it wasn't possible, but just kept rushing through it trying to clear those doom jewels. Man, 102 makes the heart pound! Played maybe 12/13 times, and only made it thru the time limit twice...when I beat it & one other. All the other times a doom jewel got me--frustrating (@#%*!)

Just keep going, and watch out for "doomies" (the ones that fall have shorter "fuses" than the four you start with at the bottom.) As for glass, focus on your edges, corners, & the bottom...the rest pretty much takes care of itself in the mad fury of clearing doom jewels! I had 2 diamonds when I won...couldn't combine them with another special jewel (none nearby or good matches, & no time to "manipulate.") So I just swapped 'em with doom jewel colors. Hope that helps someone who's losing hope on this crazy-fast level! ;-)

Gardienn
05-03-13, 11:47 AM
I'm on 102 now. It doesn't stress me out as much as others because it's not constrained by the clock. I'm on your tail, Phaedrakiki. lol

Phaedrakiki
05-03-13, 02:02 PM
I'm on 102 now. (...) I'm on your tail, Phaedrakiki. lol

Lol! :D

artlomin
05-03-13, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the hint on 100, Phaedrakki. I was preparing for a long frustrating battle and when I read that you'd come through in two tries, I approached it with a positive attitude, got lucky with a few blasters and got 3 stars on my fourth try.

Phaedrakiki
05-03-13, 06:28 PM
Awesome! That makes me happy! :D

artlomin
05-10-13, 05:32 PM
Phaedrakki's hints were also right on target for 102. I focused on the sides rather than the center and somehow that helped me make the bombs and blasters I needed to get rid of the initial doom jewels. You do have to make sure new ones don't spoil everything, but focusing on the sides was the key for me.

FrozenTurtle
05-10-13, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the hint on 100, Phaedrakki. I was preparing for a long frustrating battle and when I read that you'd come through in two tries, I approached it with a positive attitude, got lucky with a few blasters and got 3 stars on my fourth try.

Phaedrakki's hints were also right on target for 102. I focused on the sides rather than the center and somehow that helped me make the bombs and blasters I needed to get rid of the initial doom jewels. You do have to make sure new ones don't spoil everything, but focusing on the sides was the key for me.

Congrats! Onwards to the next region! :)

purplepickle
06-02-13, 08:12 PM
I'm stuck on 101!!! Any tips on this level? Need to dig down 14 meters and I am getting to 6 or 7 before time runs out. At this rate I may never finish 101. :(

Phaedrakiki
06-02-13, 10:20 PM
Did you see my comment (#28?) I know 101 was difficult. Does it have doom jewels, too?

koetsub
03-08-14, 12:48 PM
I passed Level 101 on my iPad a while ago. Now playing it on my iPhone. After many attempts I finally got to "Goal Achieved", with two stars, but the next display said "Level 101 Failed", and no stars. It's very frustrating when you pass a level after so many attempts, but a bug prevents it from getting recorded as such.

bac12037
04-21-14, 08:05 PM
level 102 is indeed a bear. but what's worse is that when you do finally pass that level you can't move on to the next island bcz you need to get 6 more stars. what I find most frustrating is that even when you pass a level like 102 the software won't give you the second star. stars not being awarded happens on lots of levels not just in sleepless city. any ideas on why that happens

Phaedrakiki
04-22-14, 02:14 AM
Stars are based on the points you earn in each level, and every level has different requirements regarding points needed per star. I got 2 stars on 102 with 184K points. If you had more points than that & only one star, we might have different versions (they make changes to levels now and then.) Luckily, once you earn stars, you keep them--even if the requirements change.

As for moving on to the next island: you have to have an average of 2 stars per level (total) to advance. So for Pearl of the Sea island, you'd need 102 x 2...or 204 stars. They can be earned on any level. The easiest way to get those extra 6 stars is to go back to the earliest/easiest islands & replay 1 or 2-star levels to improve your scores. Remember, you get the most points when matching jewels while other jewels are falling. So keep them moving--scores will be higher. There are other tips for getting more stars