PDA

View Full Version : 1,387 requested neighbors and no maps received?

redskyjuice
03-12-13, 09:11 PM
So I clicked through all my neighbors, and yes all 1,387 of them and requested maps to expand but it has been 24 hours and my maps have not increased by 1! Why is this happening? Also there really needs to be a request all neighbors button. It's becoming ridiculous to click every single one.

Baraze
03-12-13, 09:17 PM
So I clicked through all my neighbors, and yes all 1,387 of them and requested maps to expand but it has been 24 hours and my maps have not increased by 1! Why is this happening? Also there really needs to be a request all neighbors button. It's becoming ridiculous to click every single one.

Maybe you had already gotten your 20 requests for the day? For instance, with that number of neighbors, the requests you sent out would still carry over to the other days. That happens with me often.

maguar
03-12-13, 09:26 PM
You can only receive back 20 requests/day. When you send more than that only 20 go out. These can get delayed in the accounts of people who aren't playing and can make it take longer to get anything back. I would suggest that you don't request anything for a couple if days to let the requests filter through. When you start to request again only send 20-25 to people you know will respond daily. You will get your requests much quicker that way.

stoogehunter
03-13-13, 12:06 AM
Same thing has happened to me. I sent out 120 map requests yesterday and I haven't gotten a single map. I normally get at least 15 within a few hours. Is there something wrong with the game? I have another account and the map request hasn't even gone through to that one.

salinho
03-13-13, 01:44 AM
We need that SELECT ALL button. -.-

wealthyrich
03-13-13, 02:21 AM
well, u got alot of selfish neighbours

kurebiz
03-13-13, 02:25 AM
clear your inactive neighbours?
i've got only 90+ neighbours but I get 20 everyday. Cant send requests while expanding but neighbours will clear backlog such that by the time my expansion ends, i will have 30+ maps again.

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-13-13, 02:29 AM

Absolutely!
I'm doing some spring cleaning myself. Properly this time. I always say I am, and I only delete 1 or 2 people & feel like I've accomplished big things!. lol This time I expect to delete at least 100 if not more! :D
I recently read where another player said she kept note for 2 weeks, or was it 1 week, and after that point if you hadn't played in some shape or form... she deleted them.
I'm starting that today! :D

kurebiz
03-13-13, 02:32 AM
Absolutely!
I'm doing some spring cleaning myself. Properly this time. I always say I am, and I only delete 1 or 2 people & feel like I've accomplished big things!. lol This time I expect to delete at least 100 if not more! :D
I recently read where another player said she kept note for 2 weeks, or was it 1 week, and after that point if you hadn't played in some shape or form... she deleted them.
I'm starting that today! :D

too tedious for me, I don't have the time to visit everyone to see if they're still active (I only return visits), and some accounts might appear to be inactive but are actually secondary accounts for giving gold.. I try to keep track by seeing who gives maps / requests for it, though sometimes there seems to be maps given but it doesn't appear in the newsfeed?

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-13-13, 02:46 AM
too tedious for me, I don't have the time to visit everyone to see if they're still active (I only return visits), and some accounts might appear to be inactive but are actually secondary accounts for giving gold.. I try to keep track by seeing who gives maps / requests for it, though sometimes there seems to be maps given but it doesn't appear in the newsfeed?

Oh I don't visit them all. I visit my "regulars" and even then on occasion I forget people sometimes because of how long my list is : /
But if I do visit by chance, and I see "full, lmkwc" all on their wall way back from November? then bye.
I have people who request for maps.... but never send back. Oh they're going too. It would be good if the news feed was longer... a bit like our wall. Instead, it'll only show 8 or 9 last activities.
I have neighbours also who only return visits, and I'm totally ok with that. It's just remembering to get to them.

I'd be happy with 60 regulars, it would just make things much easier and quicker! lol

doop01
03-13-13, 04:25 AM

100% with you on that one!!!

doop01
03-13-13, 04:37 AM
Oh I don't visit them all. I visit my "regulars" and even then on occasion I forget people sometimes because of how long my list is : /
But if I do visit by chance, and I see "full, lmkwc" all on their wall way back from November? then bye.
I have people who request for maps.... but never send back. Oh they're going too. It would be good if the news feed was longer... a bit like our wall. Instead, it'll only show 8 or 9 last activities.
I have neighbours also who only return visits, and I'm totally ok with that. It's just remembering to get to them.

I'd be happy with 60 regulars, it would just make things much easier and quicker! lol
I've suggested before that I'd like an easy way to keep track of active neighbors. It's so painful scrolling thru a long list,
and you know that a lot may not be playing. I started a bit of a list recently too, even if they showed signs of recent play that's fine with me. But then I lost my list haha I think I'll start again with that though, just the ones I suspect aren't still playing and watch for anything new

kwhales
03-13-13, 05:29 AM
I try to make it easy for me to keep account of active players or ones who return favors. I go through my wall first and play them, then through my news thread. Then I will hit my list and play the ones I know are active and are just now and then players or ones that dropped off my wall/news already. Whoever is left at the end of the day has a chance of being deleted.
I request maps whenever I finish an expansion, so I know it takes a few days for everyone to catch up with the request. I will keep players around a bit, but by a few days, if they haven't returned a map, they are gone. Map giving is the easiest thing to do. So if they can't do that, they probably won't visit either.

I do admit that i have a few neighbors who don't do anything, but I keep them around cause I like to look at their island in envy.

hamadrys
03-13-13, 09:18 AM
I agree with kwhales. As amazing as it seems, there are neighbors who are active but are not sending maps. I kept a list of who visites or sent maps for 2 weeks. At the end of 2 weeks, whoever name was not on that list got deleted. I was sure to check my news feed several times a day to not miss anyone. I like to visit neighbors and send maps or other requests. But I refuse to waste time on people who could not be bothered to help or drop by once in a while.

MomsHouseofSweets
03-13-13, 09:30 AM

Count me in with doop01 ... a select all button would make life easier and save a LOT of time!

OrdinaryJoe
03-13-13, 12:57 PM
I agree with kwhales. As amazing as it seems, there are neighbors who are active but are not sending maps. I kept a list of who visites or sent maps for 2 weeks. At the end of 2 weeks, whoever name was not on that list got deleted. I was sure to check my news feed several times a day to not miss anyone. I like to visit neighbors and send maps or other requests. But I refuse to waste time on people who could not be bothered to help or drop by once in a while.

But, does the news feed show everyone who sends a map? It seems like it only lists about 10 map senders per day, but I know that I receive more than that. In fact, when my nieces send maps (and I know they do, because sometimes I do it myself from their phones) their names don't appear on the news feed....

I just don't think that the news feed is an accurate gauge of those who send maps.

kwhales
03-13-13, 02:47 PM
But, does the news feed show everyone who sends a map? It seems like it only lists about 10 map senders per day, but I know that I receive more than that. In fact, when my nieces send maps (and I know they do, because sometimes I do it myself from their phones) their names don't appear on the news feed....

I just don't think that the news feed is an accurate gauge of those who send maps.

I agree. I also don't think it logs everyone who visits. It seems if they play your island and leave a note on your wall, it sometimes doesn't show up on the news thread that they visited even though you know they did. The news thread use to be longer, keeping visits from a few days. Now it seems to keep only about 12 hours worth. Wish it kept them all until you deleted them like the on the wall.