PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see this? News Book

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 12:47 PM
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd459/JumperJing3/7F1D9E81-CB3E-4159-9E63-E3B733CCA22B-1267-00000158EA435167.jpg

I see a "news" book in upper right hand corner when my game is processing to open up. Once it opens the "news" book is gone. Just wondering if anyone else gets this or has it?

enoch4
03-11-13, 12:49 PM
I get something similar, except it is on the lower left side above the menu button, and it looks like a sealed envelope. It always disappears once the game loads. I've had it for awhile.

kwhales
03-11-13, 12:50 PM
Nope, don't have it. What OS do you have?

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 12:52 PM
I'm playing on iPhone3. This just appeared when I did the update on Friday.

kwhales
03-11-13, 12:55 PM
I just shut down my game and when I opened it again, just for a flash the other book was there on the right side. Freaky.

sweetstuff525
03-11-13, 12:58 PM
Yeah I've been seeing that ever since the spinning wheel was released to some

From pics I've seen that's the same place the spinning wheel will show

sollia
03-11-13, 01:01 PM
I get something similar, except it is on the lower left side above the menu button, and it looks like a sealed envelope. It always disappears once the game loads. I've had it for awhile.

This is what I have.

kwhales
03-11-13, 01:03 PM

That always happened. That's just telling you, you have new NEWS on your news page. SO, someone visited or gifted you a map.

enoch4
03-11-13, 01:09 PM
That always happened. That's just telling you, you have new NEWS on your news page. SO, someone visited or gifted you a map.

Yes, I was aware of that. I just noticed I'm getting this new one in the top corner instead of the old one. I'm wondering if it is the same thing in a different form? Since it also says news, and also disappears? Guess we'll see.

[S8] Elsa
03-11-13, 01:13 PM
Hi jumperjing3,

Does this flash or does it stay on your screen for a long period of time?

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 01:23 PM
It stays on the screen for as long as it takes to process to open...as soon as my game opens it disappears.

[S8] Elsa
03-11-13, 01:27 PM
It stays on the screen for as long as it takes to process to open...as soon as my game opens it disappears.

Do you see a regular splash screen before you see the black screen?

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 01:30 PM

I don't think that's the case as it shows up everytime I go into game...sometimes I received nothing new in between times I've logged in

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 01:32 PM
Not sure what u mean by splash screen? The pic that I posted is what I see right after the "dragon story" screen fades and my game starts to come up

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 01:37 PM
Yeah I've been seeing that ever since the spinning wheel was released to some

From pics I've seen that's the same place the spinning wheel will show

That's when I started seeing it...when the wheel was released. I went in looking for the wheel and seen "news" book. I don't have the wheel tho. I got the boost....500,000 coins. Haven't tried it!

salinho
03-11-13, 01:44 PM

Yes, I've had that envelope too. But this news book has been popping up since the update, and I am curious. :)

NouraMoh
03-11-13, 01:59 PM
Me too!
Got both the envelope and the book
It disappears as soon as the game is loaded
Takes like a couple of seconds

I'm actually surprised you managed to capture it :)

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 02:01 PM
I don't think that's the case as it shows up everytime I go into game...sometimes I received nothing new in between times I've logged in

SORRY kwhales!

I just reread posts and I realize you meant that for the envelope thingie! I think I better pay closer attention! My bad!

jumperjing3
03-11-13, 02:03 PM
Me too!
Got both the envelope and the book
It disappears as soon as the game is loaded
Takes like a couple of seconds

I'm actually surprised you managed to capture it :)
I'm surprised too! But I got it on the 1st try! Prolly because my old iphone3 is slow! But it's been bugging me since Friday and just had to ask if anyone else sees it. Lol

kwhales
03-11-13, 02:06 PM
SORRY kwhales!

I just reread posts and I realize you meant that for the envelope thingie! I think I better pay closer attention! My bad!

Its ok. Funny how I never noticed it before your post.

[S8] Elsa
03-11-13, 05:02 PM
Not sure what u mean by splash screen? The pic that I posted is what I see right after the "dragon story" screen fades and my game starts to come up

The Dragon Story screen is the splash screen. We've investigated this further and it's noted that you simply captured a screenshot of the game before it loads (it takes some quick tapping to do that!). It's not a bug.

mikeclit
03-11-13, 05:37 PM
Yeah I see the same thing, but very briefly on iOS

knj00
03-13-13, 07:29 PM
This has been showing up for me more than usual today. Strange little mystery book. :)