PDA

View Full Version : Help -switched from IOS to Android... havent tipped neighbors...

dirtybeautiful
03-10-13, 11:49 PM
Hey everyone...

I would like to learn tips from those of you who play on the android. I switched from my iphone, over to the galaxy s3.

On IOS, I was able to see all posts that my neighbors put on my wall (using emoji's), now everything is boxes (even their name if they have emoji in it)..

Also, I had short keys for my different messages I would post on walls.. I am clueless with this new phone and android network...

Can anyone share some tips with me??? I want to start posting back on my good nieghbors walls.......

CuteTali
03-11-13, 08:01 AM
I also switched from iOS to Android recently and learned the hard way that unfortunatelly Android does not support emoji language at all. I dowloaded just about every emoji program decoder and converter out there, but I either get blocks or wose, empty blank spaces. Also it seems as though Android users don't get the (very substantial) daily bonus that iOS users get every day :-(

AgentRV
03-11-13, 09:42 AM
I am on the Android platform and here is what I do if I want to post the same thing to all my neighbors:
type out the message on the wall of my 1st neighbor. Press and hold inside the message box. When the menu comes up select 'COPY'. It is now saved to clipboard much like Windows. Go to your next neighbor. Press and hold inside the message box. When the menu comes up select 'PASTE'.

Yes, emoji doesn't work on the Android. I to have tried different programs with no success.

True, Android does not get the daily bonus the iOS users enjoy everyday.

Question for you: Do iOS users get gems for downloading other TL games? I am looking to get a new phone and the iphone 5 is looking really good. One of the things we Android users got was 6 gems for downloading any new version of Restaurany Story, Bubble Mania, Farm Story, etc. It came across Bakery Story as a goal. I was curious if iOS users get the same thing.

CuteTali
03-11-13, 04:09 PM
Nope, I had it on the ipod touch before i switched to an android tablet. Whenever new quests would pop up to install a new game, it showed no reward whatsoever, which is why I never downloaded any. But now on android I get some gems for trying new games, I try a lot of them.

OnCloudDivine
03-11-13, 06:31 PM
Question for you: Do iOS users get gems for downloading other TL games? I am looking to get a new phone and the iphone 5 is looking really good. One of the things we Android users got was 6 gems for downloading any new version of Restaurany Story, Bubble Mania, Farm Story, etc. It came across Bakery Story as a goal. I was curious if iOS users get the same thing.

I'm not sure what kind of phone you have now but, if you're like me (also tempted by iPhone 5 :p), I would look into the Samsung Galaxy S ii -- it's comparable but still on the Android platform, so you can still earn gems from downloading :) I'm thinking of getting one.

sweetstuff525
03-11-13, 06:46 PM
I am on the Android platform and here is what I do if I want to post the same thing to all my neighbors:
type out the message on the wall of my 1st neighbor. Press and hold inside the message box. When the menu comes up select 'COPY'. It is now saved to clipboard much like Windows. Go to your next neighbor. Press and hold inside the message box. When the menu comes up select 'PASTE'.

Yes, emoji doesn't work on the Android. I to have tried different programs with no success.

iOS users do get gems but we are not suppose to say it

In ios after you download the game you get another goal asking up buy chair/table and that's when you receive the 6 gems
But lately tl has not given iOS any new versions so that has meant no goals for some time now

borat2
03-11-13, 06:52 PM
You can install a custom keyboard like SwiftKey. It remembers what you type and next time it will suggest the same words, so you can write a long sentence in a few taps.
But for some reason my SwiftKey keyboard is not showing up in bakery story anymore...

sourlicorice5
03-15-13, 07:35 PM

Sort of, we don't get gems for downloading the game (as apple won't allow game companies to do that) but we will get the goal to download another game with 0 reward and once we download it another goal (ex: buy a table) will pop up with a gem reward.

pinkster73
03-15-13, 07:37 PM
Sort of, we don't get gems for downloading the game (as apple won't allow game companies to do that) but we will get the goal to download another game with 0 reward and once we download it another goal (ex: buy a table) will pop up with a gem reward.

TL should do tax preparation.