PDA

View Full Version : Trumpet player for Gems?

carabellexo
03-10-13, 11:57 AM
I have just completed the goal where you need to cook bananas and the trumpet player that you need to buy costs 12 gems!!

This is ridiculous TL why have you made this for gems when it is part of a goal????

sweetstuff525
03-10-13, 11:58 AM
Wait I thought someone said you get one free?

carabellexo
03-10-13, 12:01 PM
Just says this on mine.

Baraze
03-10-13, 12:07 PM
I too thought you get the first one for free?!

Because you have to place it to get to the drink machine. To get to the piano ive already planned decoating around!

carabellexo
03-10-13, 12:09 PM
I thought the same. It's not fair at all that they expect us to use gems on a goal.

Gallaghers135
03-10-13, 12:10 PM
Here here if you are going to do this lets us buy gems with coins!

carabellexo
03-10-13, 12:14 PM
I agree.

carabellexo
03-10-13, 12:26 PM
Can a mod please tell us why this is for gems not coins??

sweetstuff525
03-10-13, 12:28 PM
So I'm baking and baking and I don't get a free one after all this baking ?

This has to be a mistake

carabellexo
03-10-13, 12:56 PM
I'm really hoping it is.

Baraze
03-10-13, 02:09 PM
I guess thats why I keep having gem sales pop up. Considering all we are getting 12 gems for ALL the items s reasonable. BUT to have a hidden cost when we have to place all of the items to get to the drink machine is unreasonable. Many players wont have or cant buy gems. We have to build and makes tons of machines and recipes. That should be worth getting the item for free.

I swear if this piano costs gems too......

kooky panda
03-10-13, 02:37 PM
I will check on this guys.

Note: I also changed the title of thread.

sweetieshan
03-10-13, 10:58 PM
In RS there is a trumpet player for 72,000 coins, and it has nothing to do with the current goals there. Hopefully TL got it backwards, although I'm not thrilled about that price. I like to save my gems for the stuff I really want!

carabellexo
03-10-13, 11:11 PM
I will check on this guys.

Note: I also changed the title of thread.

Is there any update?

sweetieshan
03-10-13, 11:13 PM
Oops, he's 76,000!!

saucysammis
03-11-13, 12:17 AM
The goal does state that we must HAVE one trumpet player not BUY one. From past experience this leads me to speculate that we win it, and after the goal expires it will be available for purchase for those who did not complete the goals.

nicola211982
03-11-13, 12:56 AM
It's also only 4 gems to skip which seems high to have it to buy for 12 gems. If you skip, do you get the trumpet player as well as the tick?

Would really like to know how much the drummer and piano are too?!

carabellexo
03-11-13, 02:25 AM
You would only get the tick.

I seen on the goals forum that the drummer is 12,000 and the piano is reward. So that's free I'm assuming.

kooky panda
03-11-13, 05:25 AM
Is there any update?
The CMs are checking on this .

AgentRV
03-11-13, 06:53 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated, kooky panda

carabellexo
03-11-13, 07:23 AM

Thank you.

Baraze
03-11-13, 07:35 AM
Now that ive reached this part i think its intentional. And all the gems we will get after cooking thr last 45 recipes were supposed to go towards the trumpet player. I cannot be trusted with gems! Whether I get 1 or 100 immediately have to buy something.

When wasnt my plight seen last night, when I had a gem sale? Geez!

OnCloudDivine
03-11-13, 09:27 AM
It has been told to me through the grapevine of my neighbors who have completed the goal that the piano costs 46 gems upon unlocking it from goal, whether you get one and that's the price for additional, I'm not sure. Considering we are having to buy the decoration, I think they are charging us for the piano, too.

OnCloudDivine
03-11-13, 09:30 AM
*Excuse me, it was 42 gems. That makes it better.

Baraze
03-11-13, 10:05 AM
It has been told to me through the grapevine of my neighbors who have completed the goal that the piano costs 46 gems upon unlocking it from goal, whether you get one and that's the price for additional, I'm not sure. Considering we are having to buy the decoration, I think they are charging us for the piano, too.

Noooo! Let me get this correct. We dont get thr first piano for free? This would be a tremendous disaster. If true, no wonder the decor was so cheap. To wheel us in, then splatter butter in our faces. Im not against spending gems, but dont give us wool and pretend its silk. If these things cost gems, then the recipes should have been locked. NOT the decor.

lexiluxe
03-11-13, 10:24 AM
I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks TL has lost their mind

snlps
03-11-13, 10:32 AM
I have just unlocked the trumpet player. I'm not willing to pay 12 gems for it. I hope this is an error because I feel like I have been seriously mislead.

srg70
03-11-13, 10:33 AM
I've just unlocked the trumpet player, and this is what I found!! It cost 12 gems! This is wrong!! We should have been warned that these goals included gem purchases.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/gardnerk9/2ef03214bda75ca7e4fc925fc7d1307e_zps19137309.jpg

NoWayCupcake
03-11-13, 11:07 AM
I think we were all so excited to finally have new goals. TL did good there! The theme was cute, nothing I was dying over but it was a cute idea. Goals give us something to do, and GOAL means there is something that we're working towards in the end. Because of this I participated. We're spending coins through the whole goal process, so for our final prize to cost MORE coins is already irritating. Once we get so far into the goals, its hard to turn back/quit now! I feel like most of the players are being trapped here to spend gems when it should have been a free reward, like MOST previous goals have been (why change it now?) There definitely should have been a warning or a compromise about spending GEMs on something I didn't even really love in the first place. If that's the case, I feel like I wasted time and coins on nothing. I understand this is being checked on though and that is very much appreciated.

cast1532
03-11-13, 11:29 AM
I think there's a mistake. When there's an item involved, we always get one free and if we want more then we pay coins or gems. I'm still waiting to hear from the CMs until I move on.

Nikki_Finn
03-11-13, 11:31 AM
how long does it take to "check" on it?

soooooo disappointed in TL.
if it's not one thing (high priced decorations),
it's another (cheap prices but gem traps!)

carabellexo
03-11-13, 11:34 AM
Hopefully a mod or cm will clear this up soon..

sweetstuff525
03-11-13, 11:40 AM
Well I just unlocked it.... Not spending gems to buy a decor I don't even want...since I'm just want the piano.... Maybe I'll skip with gems

Meanwhile I'm cooking the 12 hr dish ...on six appliances .... 45 more to go
Will take me a couple days

theladymorgana
03-11-13, 11:55 AM
This has happened before- in RS christmas goals two years ago. It was intentional, and no amount of complaining ended it (the gem amount was a lot higher). This is why I don't had the clock, fruitcake, or stuffing from that year.

snlps
03-11-13, 03:32 PM
Will we be getting an answer anytime soon? I stopped working on the goals.

ashrb
03-11-13, 03:48 PM
If this was intentional then that is just sad. I thought the entire point of goals was so EVERYONE could be involved. Not all of us are willing to skip all the goals with gems for a piano and not all of us are willing to waste 12 gems on a trumpet player that should be worth coins. We shouldn't feel forced to waste OUR gems we EARNED so we can finish a measly goal! Smh..

islanddoll1
03-11-13, 03:59 PM
The goal does state that we must HAVE one trumpet player not BUY one. From past experience this leads me to speculate that we win it, and after the goal expires it will be available for purchase for those who did not complete the goals.

Just like the Bassist, we have to BUY it in order to HAVE it. This is absolutely ridiculous. We should have been warned that the goals would cost gems to complete. They "sweetened" us up with selling the bassist for coins so we would continue the goals. I even paid the 15,000 coins (instrument cable) already in the Kick it Off goal. Had I known the trumpeter and piano would cost gems I wouldn't have started those goals. Further more, if we need to complete the Kick it off goal to unlock the drinks machine I wouldn't have bothered to accept those music sheets and drum sticks... SMH Must every good thing have a catch TL??

CuteTali
03-11-13, 04:03 PM
So we work hard and long on goals and then have to PAY to get rewarded?! That sounds ridiculously absurd and hypocritical to me. /angryface (so wish android had real emoji)

islanddoll1
03-11-13, 04:04 PM
Alot of us got the option to install Bubble Mania (which is another issue by it self with its freezing and taking players energy) in order to earn gems for BS, was it TLs intention to have us earn gems and then be forced to spend them to complete a goal. And I use the word "force" because in the middle of the goal we realize that we must spend gems to continue. So its either we stop and count our losses, pay gems to skip the goal or pay gems to continue the goal.

islanddoll1
03-11-13, 04:07 PM
So we work hard and long on goals and then have to PAY to get rewarded?! That sounds ridiculously absurd and hypocritical to me. /angryface (so wish android had real emoji)

Yes.. so it would seem. After spending all that time and coins on building new appliances and baking all those recipes we have to spend GEMS, not coins, but GEMS to get our reward. I really feel bad for TL, trying to hit us with that low blow.

rocketsmama
03-11-13, 07:08 PM
Just like the Bassist, we have to BUY it in order to HAVE it. This is absolutely ridiculous. We should have been warned that the goals would cost gems to complete. They "sweetened" us up with selling the bassist for coins so we would continue the goals. I even paid the 15,000 coins (instrument cable) already in the Kick it Off goal. Had I known the trumpeter and piano would cost gems I wouldn't have started those goals. Further more, if we need to complete the Kick it off goal to unlock the drinks machine I wouldn't have bothered to accept those music sheets and drum sticks... SMH Must every good thing have a catch TL??

I just finished the 25 beignets goal and it wanted me to buy a bassist. I went under my design tab and I had him unlocked so I placed him on the floor. It counted for that kick it off goal. Not sure if you can do that but I didn't have to pay anything for him. Hopefully I don't have to for the rest either, that would be stupid. I am only on the bake 35 bananas foster goal so I don't know if this even helps lol.

OnCloudDivine
03-11-13, 07:46 PM
I just finished the 25 beignets goal and it wanted me to buy a bassist. I went under my design tab and I had him unlocked so I placed him on the floor. It counted for that kick it off goal. Not sure if you can do that but I didn't have to pay anything for him. Hopefully I don't have to for the rest either, that would be stupid. I am only on the bake 35 bananas foster goal so I don't know if this even helps lol.

I did not get the bassist free with the beignets goal, it says "tap again to buy." It IS a small amount, are you sure you didn't spend 6,000 coins when you placed it?

saucysammis
03-11-13, 08:02 PM
This has happened before- in RS christmas goals two years ago. It was intentional, and no amount of complaining ended it (the gem amount was a lot higher). This is why I don't had the clock, fruitcake, or stuffing from that year.

Ooooh now I remember why I don't have those things too!

wingus
03-11-13, 11:31 PM
No wonder the prices for everything was so cheap if they are going to hit us with a gem purchase to be able to continue the goals. And is that why we are being bombarded with gem sales?!? Really dodgy business practices. >:(

sugarlevi
03-12-13, 01:36 AM
I just placed the bassist as well, it did take 6000 coins.

AgentRV
03-12-13, 03:10 AM

Any new update, kooky panda?

rosacake
03-12-13, 03:40 AM
Bad, bad thing this TL did. There is no point achieving a goal and having to buy the prize!

rocketsmama
03-12-13, 04:33 AM
I did not get the bassist free with the beignets goal, it says "tap again to buy." It IS a small amount, are you sure you didn't spend 6,000 coins when you placed it?

Yeah i'm positive. I went under my design tab under my inventory and I had one in storage, after I completed the beignets goal. I didnt have to buy him. It might be different for the other band people I dont know i'm not there yet.

sunshine0611
03-12-13, 05:29 AM
I definitely won't be spending 12 gems on THAT.. I'll skip for 4. Hopefully we won't need to purchase anything else with gems. You earn 2 gems for completing the entire goal so it's not that bad to skip it if you don't want the trumpet player. I think it's kind of ugly. The standing bassist looks nice though, I'm glad that didn't cot gems.

Oneclouddivine - I believe I did pay 6,000 coins for standing bassist too... It wasn't free.

mymummy789
03-12-13, 06:41 AM

I didn't have to pay for mine - it had a little (1) next to it when I went to place it. I want to know about the others though. There doesn't seem to be much point in these goals if I only end up with a bass player in my jazz band!!!!!

mrsnatalie
03-12-13, 06:46 AM
Can someone from TL let us know? There are a lot of players that are confused about this!

mrsnatalie
03-12-13, 06:48 AM
Any new update, kooky panda?

Any update yet?

NoWayCupcake
03-12-13, 07:05 AM
Okay so now I understand that some players did get the bassist free? I definitely had to pay 6,000 coins for mine. What's that all about?

borat2
03-12-13, 07:08 AM
I paid 6000 too. I'm on Android. Maybe those who got it for free are on ios?

NoWayCupcake
03-12-13, 07:08 AM
I'm on ios I still paid for it :/

islanddoll1
03-12-13, 08:25 AM
I didn't have to pay for mine - it had a little (1) next to it when I went to place it. I want to know about the others though. There doesn't seem to be much point in these goals if I only end up with a bass player in my jazz band!!!!!

wait, wait, wait!!!! You mean to tell me some players are getting the reward for free and some of us had to pay for it??? What ridiculousness is this I'm hearing? I had to pay 6000 coins for him. I did not have any little 1 by the item in the design tab. I bought 2 as I was going to have a little jazz band in the corner of my bakery. TL i know it's only 6000 coins for him but if others didn't have to pay for him then I want a refund for my first bassist.

carabellexo
03-12-13, 08:48 AM
I paid 6000 too. I'm on Android. Maybe those who got it for free are on ios?

I'm on iOS and I paid the 6,000 coins for it.

snlps
03-12-13, 09:18 AM
I'm on also on iOS and play 6,000.

Nikki_Finn
03-12-13, 09:39 AM
and the wait for real answers continues............................
and the disappointment grows now that some may be getting the goals for free while others have to pay.

i'm guessing that there are different people in charge of each game, right?
whoever is in charge of bakery..........isn't very good.
or fair.

i can't remember the last set of goals i completed in bakery.
for halloween, i stopped when they wanted us to buy the ridiculously high priced coffin counters.

thanksgiving, ....was it the laughable little display table for 100,000 that stopped me?
or the ludicrous amount of tables & chairs they wanted us to buy.

i think i finished the christmas ones?
unless that was the one where they still wanted you to bake a certain amount of a recipe to get a measly couple thousand dollars.
but at least you got all the prizes before that.
i could be mixing that up with a RS goal.

do they not realize how much time & effort we put into these games?
or do they just not care?

triciag2012
03-12-13, 09:49 AM
I'm also on iOS and had to pay $6000 for the bassist. I am holding off on the trumpet player as I will not pay 12 gems for it! Hopefully, this will get fixed!

pattypopo
03-12-13, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure a CM is following this thread. It is a pity he/she cannot take the time to clear up the confusion. Not suprising however.

carabellexo
03-12-13, 11:59 AM
Come on guys. Let us know whats happening!!

sapphirecross
03-12-13, 12:20 PM
Unbelievable thread. It's bad enough that I only have one lucky oven cuz most my nbrs keep giving me music sheets and not coins or clovers. Ok. Plus the people sending the old shamrock instead of the new shamrock, and having to skip forward and back through the ENTIRE gift list cuz some new parts are at the front and some the back. Ok. Having parts for three ovens all at the same time, all different, and none reusing old parts. Ok. Now you want us to pay 12 gems to unlock an appliance that prolly has 3 foods on it - so we get back 6 gems? And I thought it was great getting gems as reward. Now I see why!
Whoever is in charge of bakery - seriously?

sapphirecross
03-12-13, 12:27 PM
This is a series of mistakes, one after another, after months of ridiculously expensive prices, goals, expansions, food - it amazes me we still play the game lol. To the person in charge - I hope everything is okay with you! Gotta be a drag to have ppl complaining everything you do. I'd be depressed lol. Vacation time! :)

Riixie
03-12-13, 02:59 PM
Unbelievable thread. It's bad enough that I only have one lucky oven cuz most my nbrs keep giving me music sheets and not coins or clovers. Ok. Plus the people sending the old shamrock instead of the new shamrock, and having to skip forward and back through the ENTIRE gift list cuz some new parts are at the front and some the back. Ok. Having parts for three ovens all at the same time, all different, and none reusing old parts. Ok. Now you want us to pay 12 gems to unlock an appliance that prolly has 3 foods on it - so we get back 6 gems? And I thought it was great getting gems as reward. Now I see why!

Whoever is in charge of bakery - seriously?

I agree with this 1000000%. I'm getting tired of these "issues". Yeah, it's a free game and we don't have to pay for gems, but at the rate that TL is going, I'm better off just downloading any other free game that doesn't have these issues.

PS-We can't even get the oven anymore with the shamrocks that were placed in the beginning of the list that day. @.@

snlps
03-12-13, 03:40 PM
Are we ever going to get an answer? 12 gems is a lot for a prize! Your not suppose to pay for a prize as someone else said if they had the intention of charging gems then the recepies should have been locked not that band members.

On another note I keep reading people saying that 12 gems isn't bad because of all the gems they have got from installing other games. I have been playing for 2 months and I've yet to get any offer that gives gems for installing other games. So that doesn't apply to all.

kofekat
03-12-13, 04:21 PM
So seriously the moderator started the thread, said they were going to check on the answer to spending gems to finish the goal, then bailed out of the conversation, really?

mrsnatalie
03-12-13, 04:29 PM
This is getting ridiculous! How long does it take to get a simple answer?

sweetstuff525
03-12-13, 04:32 PM
What about the jazz drummer? Is that also for gem? Does anyone know

kooky panda
03-12-13, 04:39 PM
So seriously the moderator started the thread, said they were going to check on the answer to spending gems to finish the goal, then bailed out of the conversation, really?

I did check on this and I am also waiting for a reply back from a community manager.
There has been nothing to report back yet.

Once I know something I will pass it on to you guys .

islanddoll1
03-12-13, 07:46 PM
What about the jazz drummer? Is that also for gem? Does anyone know

Someone completed all the goals already said the drummer is 12,000 coins and she got the first piano free and the others would cost 42 gems

FrozenTurtle
03-12-13, 08:52 PM
We're checking with the team on this. Thanks for your patience! :)

Baraze
03-12-13, 09:12 PM

I didnt have one in storage. I had to pay for him. Im happy to know the piano is free. From now until the time im finished with the pain perdu tomorrow, ill hold off om buyer the trumper player. In lieu of skipping, if the price hasnt changed ill go ahead and buy him.

electrikbarbarella
03-12-13, 09:27 PM
I'm on iOS and paid $6000 for the bassist. I won't pay 12 gems for the trumpeter. Can we still get the drink machines if we finish all of the baking but don't buy the trumpeter?

rbestmom
03-12-13, 09:46 PM
I also paid $6000 for the bassist - but when I tried to buy the trumpet player they have it listed as a goal? ? The only thing I can figure out is that I have to make the bananas foster to get to buy the next player? But it's VERY unclear.

nicola211982
03-13-13, 01:09 AM
I also paid $6000 for the bassist - but when I tried to buy the trumpet player they have it listed as a goal? ? The only thing I can figure out is that I have to make the bananas foster to get to buy the next player? But it's VERY unclear.

Yes that's right, the bananas foster unlocks the trumpet player then you have to serve 45 pain perdu tounlock the drummer.

oreo42709
03-13-13, 01:44 AM
I will check on this guys. .
Now I'm curious to the fact if u 'check' on it and it does get fixed what happens to the people who spend gems to either buy it or skip it? Do we get ripped off from our gems bc everyone ALWAYS says "sorry. We cant redeem any gems". I'm saving to expand. Not to spend it on goals. I love bakery story but really disappointed here!

minidemon88
03-13-13, 02:33 AM
I'm sure kooky panda and CM are checking on this for us. Let's just be patience for awhile. I'm not buying the trumpet player or using gems to skip the goal when there's no confirmed answer of it yet. Don't wanna risk losing gems if this is a mistake on their part.

LindaBLB
03-13-13, 06:40 AM
I'm sure kooky panda and CM are checking on this for us. Let's just be patience for awhile.

Really? Is that what you think? Cause I think as usual, TL's non-answer is our answer. They're not changing it, and we can deal with it. It's our fault, really. We keep putting up with this treatment.

cast1532
03-13-13, 06:52 AM
I lost my patience and I skipped the goal.

nky1111
03-13-13, 07:30 AM
I've also lost my patience and bought it))) anyway it's obvious that "THIS IS BY DESIGN" (c) lol)))

LindaBLB
03-13-13, 07:34 AM
I've also lost my patience and bought it

Pretty sure that's what TL was counting on all along.....

nky1111
03-13-13, 07:53 AM
who cares. as long ws these were free gems)) they won't change it anyway

laeanee13
03-13-13, 01:21 PM
To those that paid the 4g to skip buying trumpeter: what happens after that? I'm still a day away from completing cooking the dish that takes 12hours. Should I wait until I finish that to make a decision whether to skip or buy? (I'd have to wait to buy drummer to complete goal, right? Does that cost gems?)

electrikbarbarella
03-13-13, 01:34 PM
We're checking with the team on this. Thanks for your patience! :)

FrozenTurtle, any official word yet?

carabellexo
03-13-13, 01:49 PM
To those that paid the 4g to skip buying trumpeter: what happens after that? I'm still a day away from completing cooking the dish that takes 12hours. Should I wait until I finish that to make a decision whether to skip or buy? (I'd have to wait to buy drummer to complete goal, right? Does that cost gems?)

After the goal with the trumpet player and drummer etc you unlock the drinks machine. The drummer costs 12,000 coins.

rbestmom
03-13-13, 06:20 PM
Thanks! The goal achievement is really muddled :o/

rocketsmama
03-14-13, 04:46 AM
I skipped the trumpet player for the 4 gems. I know we did get some gems for some of the goals, HOWEVER, I can't help but feel like it was sorta a gem trap. If it wasn't for the musical drink machine I would of stopped doing the goals. Oh well.

figuresk8er88
03-14-13, 06:02 AM
i ended up buying it with gems. i think this was intentional, it's not the first time that a recipe/appliance was locked by something you need to buy or skip with gems. i usually will skip if the reward is a decor item, but since this unlocks an appliance, i just couldn't resist and bought it. i mean if you think of it this way, the two new appliances have 3 recipes each, so that's 12 gems for mastering all of them.

kofekat
03-14-13, 02:33 PM
I just finished the pain perdu goal and would really like to know if the gem issue for the trumpet player is going to be fixed. Any chance we could please get an answer one way or the other?

poisonoushades
03-14-13, 04:26 PM
I will wait until the timer is about to run out before skipping the trumpet player, in hopes they will change it by then.

robind30
03-14-13, 04:38 PM
Any chance we could please get an answer one way or the other?

I think this is exactly it. As long as I've lurked on these boards, I've noticed that TL's lack of communication is one of their biggest problems. I feel bad for the moderators who sit on teh front lines and end up looking bad while waiting for some kind of response to communicate to us.

rbestmom
03-14-13, 07:28 PM
Just to let everyone know, The moderators who have responded to us really are paying attention. I sent a message to them and they did respond. It's just that they aren't getting any answers to give us. I'd like to thank kooky panda and frozenturtle for their attempts to help us. :D

Riixie
03-14-13, 11:18 PM
I also caved in and bought it...x___x;;; I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't needed to unlock the drink machine but on the plus side it will be easy to get gems for the three drinks seeing how they range from 45 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hours!

opanugie
03-14-13, 11:22 PM
i think i'm going to skip on the trumpet player ... rrgghhhhhh
the goal with the gem ... ooo come on!!

rumakabir
03-15-13, 04:38 AM
me too..thinking like that...

islanddoll1
03-15-13, 06:18 AM
i skipped buying the trumpeter. it did hurt to lose 4gems i worked so hard to get but at least i was able to get the drinks machine to earn back the gems... *sigh*

electrikbarbarella
03-15-13, 08:41 AM
I will wait until the timer is about to run out before skipping the trumpet player, in hopes they will change it by then.

IMHO, this is a done deal for two reasons: 1) No response from TL = they have no intention of changing the price from gems to coins. Think of how long people pleaded for a list of the holiday recipes that were going to be removed from our appliances or an answer to why the Candy Cane recipe was removed from a purchased appliance or why they won't install a purchase confirmation button. Umm...still waiting on answers to all of those questions. lol 2) There is NO WAY they are going to change the trumpet player purchase from gems to coins once players have started paying gems. If they didn't have a single sale of the trumpet player and everyone stopped the goal, they might consider it. But, that boat has sailed. If you want the drink machine, the least you have to do is pay 4 gems to skip the goal. If you want the trumpet player you'll have to pay 12 gems.

Purplepleb
03-15-13, 09:00 AM
On the bright side...You'll get the gems back if you skip for 4 gems and finish the goals, as you get 2 for finishing the drinks machine goal and 2 for one of the earlier ones.

bunni9
03-15-13, 09:00 AM
Wish I would have noticed that there wasn't a free trumpet player sitting in my inventory before I tapped it to place it, since the goal says to "have" a trumpet player....flushed 12 gems down the toilet before I even realized that I was purchasing the guy rather than simply grabbing him out storage.

laeanee13
03-15-13, 12:34 PM
Wish I would have noticed that there wasn't a free trumpet player sitting in my inventory before I tapped it to place it, since the goal says to "have" a trumpet player....flushed 12 gems down the toilet before I even realized that I was purchasing the guy rather than simply grabbing him out storage.
If you had one in storage you wouldn't have been able to purchase another one until you placed the one in storage.

mspate
03-15-13, 12:37 PM
Same thing happened to me! I'm not real happy here anyhow :(

poisonoushades
03-15-13, 06:05 PM
IMHO, this is a done deal for two reasons: 1) No response from TL = they have no intention of changing the price from gems to coins. Think of how long people pleaded for a list of the holiday recipes that were going to be removed from our appliances or an answer to why the Candy Cane recipe was removed from a purchased appliance or why they won't install a purchase confirmation button. Umm...still waiting on answers to all of those questions. lol 2) There is NO WAY they are going to change the trumpet player purchase from gems to coins once players have started paying gems. If they didn't have a single sale of the trumpet player and everyone stopped the goal, they might consider it. But, that boat has sailed. If you want the drink machine, the least you have to do is pay 4 gems to skip the goal. If you want the trumpet player you'll have to pay 12 gems.

I still plan to wait just in case. I do barely have enough gems earned to skip it comfortably for 4, though. I am in no hurry to finish the goal just yet.

heidik901
03-15-13, 06:33 PM
I just fell into a gem trap, and it exchanged 10 of my gems for 138,000 in coins. I had 11 gems and was working to earn one more to get the trumpet player. So, I guess that means I'm done with these goals.

saucysammis
03-15-13, 06:54 PM
I just fell into a gem trap, and it exchanged 10 of my gems for 138,000 in coins. I had 11 gems and was working to earn one more to get the trumpet player. So, I guess that means I'm done with these goals.

That coin buying trap seems to be presenting itself more often, lately. It's been showing up every day but I've been lucky to avoid it. I wonder if they widened the tap responsive area around the icon.....

jennyh30
03-16-13, 04:43 AM
How much does the drummer cost?

figuresk8er88
03-16-13, 06:01 AM
How much does the drummer cost?

it's 12k coins. unlocks after completing all the goals on jazz oven.

borat2
03-16-13, 06:07 AM
You can still skip it for 4 gems. Master some short recipes for gems.

jetskie2
03-16-13, 07:08 AM
HMMMM - am I missing something? I dont even have a trumpet player in my goal locked section! I do agree with others though and think items needed to complete goal should be bought using coins. I realise TL staff have to make a living but imagine there are pleenty of people who will spend to get gems. Many less fortunates just cant afford it.

yayacupcake
03-16-13, 08:15 AM
I finished the quest last night and one was not added to my account, thought it was odd and just bought it so I could continue the quest chain...

cookietyler
03-16-13, 09:41 AM
I went ahead and skipped the quest too for a total of 8 gems and received 2 gems as a reward. It's a bummer that the trumpet player is 12 gems especially since its cute.

ganodustin
03-16-13, 07:48 PM
Wait I thought someone said you get one free?

Not anymore. i'll need to buy all of them, maybe.

CarrieMel
03-16-13, 11:38 PM
Has there been an update yet???? Like everyone else I only am able to buy the trumpet player for gems! Some people are able to continue the goal. Why not everyone?

arkinese
03-17-13, 03:48 AM
I ended up skipping the trumpet player and you actually break even when you do. It costs 4 gems to skip the trumpet player, then you get 2 gems for completing the "Kick It Off" goal and 2 gems for completing the "It Ain't Over Yet" goal -- so you're right back where you started. Plus, you then have access to the drink machines which have very short recipes, so you can get 6 more gems total once you master those. So unless you really, really want the trumpet player, I'd just skip that. If you buy it, you're still out 2 gems, since you only get 10 gems total for completing the goals and mastering all the music drink recipes.

cookietyler
03-17-13, 04:48 AM
The trumpet player should be for coins like it is in RS

jellypie200
03-17-13, 04:49 AM
Wow that's so right I never knew that that's just sad that its part of our goal and its 12 gems I thought it was free :(

cookietyler
03-17-13, 04:51 AM
I went ahead and skipped it because I wanted the musical drink machine lol

poisonoushades
03-17-13, 03:20 PM
^^^ I agree 100% I had around 65 gems before this goal popped up, and spent nearly all of them on decor assuming I wouldn't NEED any to finish the goals. The only part of the goal I have left is the trumpet player, and I refuse to spend even 4 gems to skip it unless I absolutely have to. And I won't know how to proceed without TL giving us answers. It would be nice even if they said "too bad, you have to spend gems on a goal!" Because at least that would be an answer!

lilkeeks
03-18-13, 05:56 AM
I highly doubt they are going to change the trumpet player goal to coins; think of all of the new posts that would pop up by angry players saying they paid gems for the goal and now its been changed to coins.

I paid 4 gems to skip it...personally, I dislike the faces on the music players just as much as I disliked the faces of the elves this past X-mas so I won't be displaying them in my bakery

kooky panda
03-18-13, 06:09 PM
Update: Sorry guys, this goal will not be changed. You can purchase the trumpet player for 12 gems, or skip the goal for 4 gems.

poisonoushades
03-19-13, 02:11 AM
Thank you for finally letting us know! :) I skipped it for 4 gems because I don't plan to use that decor in my bakery.

CarrieMel
03-19-13, 04:25 AM
TY for letting us know the answer! I wrote TL 3 days ago and they never replied back. Not even the standard letter. So appreciate you taking the time to reply. Had I known there were going to be items that needed gems I wouldn't have wasted so much time and effort on this goal. IMHO it should have been told to us AHEAD of time before we started. I'm quite frustrated now since I've purchased all these ovens and spent all this time and effort and get nothing for it!

minidemon88
03-20-13, 01:04 AM
Update: Sorry guys, this goal will not be changed. You can purchase the trumpet player for 12 gems, or skip the goal for 4 gems.

Thank you kooky for letting us know the answer! For those who haven't complete the goals yet, please use 4 gems to skip the trumpet player goal. Do not buy the trumpet player for 12 gems. This way, you won't end up losing any of your 4 gems as you get to recoup them back by completing the "In The Mood" and "Kick It Off" goals which reward you 2 gems each for completing the goals.

sweetstuff525
03-20-13, 05:31 AM
yeah i just skipped for 4 gems
i just wanted the piano and since it was a goal item i was happy

since if it was sold in the design tab seperate i would have even bought it.. so i think of it as i saved since i bough the piano for 4 gems

rita6834
03-20-13, 07:09 AM
I
Here here if you are going to do this lets us buy gems with coins!

agree i have so much Cions would love to trade for gems

josey12
03-20-13, 07:00 PM
Ok so I guess I'm a complete idiot. I noticed that it was 12 gems but I assumed that it was free like usual when you complete a goal, I didn't even notice that there wasn't a 1 in the corner. Basically I wasted 12 gems on the stupid little guy. I do not like these goals at all

suzilee33
03-22-13, 01:16 PM
You're not alone! I have the trumpet player also because I just assumed I had earned him after completing the goal. Sneakiest gem trap ever!

scotlandyardyummies
03-23-13, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the answer. I know it is what it is, but I have lost four neighbors because Tl decided it would be a good idea to charge gems for a goal reward. Given that this is a social game, I hope you can appreciate that this is disappointing. If this was an experiment, it did not go over well with several players. People were so excited and impressed with these goals, and then it kind of went to pot in the home stretch of the goals when they felt like there was a gen trap. I paid the 4 gems to skip, but I think you should be aware that good players just decided to quit. :(

jaeson123
03-24-13, 11:13 PM
all the goals i have finished when it is a decoration it was all free for the first one. But When I completed jaded-jean pier, I had to buy the jazz oven for $17,000.

cast1532
03-25-13, 11:53 AM
all the goals i have finished when it is a decoration it was all free for the first one. But When I completed jaded-jean pier, I had to buy the jazz oven for $17,000.

Isn't it 14,000 coins?

Iridescentt
03-25-13, 02:57 PM
Just skip it for 2-3 gems I forget which it was I believe 2 but not positive, anyways thats what I did to get past it, there was no way I was spending 12 gems on this thing that I would not use. =x
I, as well dont think its right that a goal involves purchasing something for gems. I had a similar problem in Vday edition RS, it required purchasing 4 tables 3gems each, well 12 gems later and there was NO reward at the end of the quest line, I was pretty upset. And like this quest you are referring too, I dont believe the reward was worth even skipping it for 2-3 gems.

nky1111
03-25-13, 07:55 PM
it didn't require gem tables or walls.. any tables or walls could do in that case.. or was it 2011 v.day?

sheyjose
03-26-13, 04:03 PM
I was asking my neighbors why the trumpet palyer and the jazz drummer was locked and say goal??? Do I have to complete a goal and then pay gems for it??? If its like that I can not complete it cause don't have a lot of gems and don't want to spend it on that...

pedrospets
04-06-13, 06:54 PM
If I let the trumpet player goal expire, will I still get my music machine?????? Less than 2 days left on goal

maguar
04-06-13, 07:17 PM
If I let the trumpet player goal expire, will I still get my music machine?????? Less than 2 days left on goal

You need to either purchase the trumpet player or skip that part of the goal with gems.

TinksThots
04-06-13, 08:10 PM

The musical drink machine has three recipes, so it'll get you 6 gems total when mastered, which will pay back the 4 it takes to skip him, and you'll still be two ahead. It's not the best deal, but it's the only option if you don't want to buy him for 12 gems. Either way, you have to complete the goal to get the machine at all.

MysticMTL
04-07-13, 10:38 PM
I completed every goal up until the trumpet player, then decided to wait it out and figure that I would earn the trumpet player by completing other various challenges, but after completing every challenge, the trumpet player was never given as a gift, and it asked for 12 gems. I figured it was a glitch so I continued to wait it out for an update, and now have given up and skipped the requirement. Unfortunately it's too late to complete the requirements for the next stage of the challenge, but I have my drink machine, so it's good enough. I don't like spending gems, and I never thought that a challenge would require you to spend gems to win, and those that don't have gems or can't spend money to play will be out of luck.

esse318
04-07-13, 10:49 PM
So I'm baking and baking and I don't get a free one after all this baking ?

This has to be a mistake

agree agree!!! thats not fair!!!so frustrating. :(

islanddoll1
04-08-13, 03:55 PM
agree agree!!! thats not fair!!!so frustrating. :(

Whats most unfair is that they sold it for gems. They award us gems only to have us waste it by either buying or skipping, its like being between a rock and a hard place, I skipped, the 4 gems hurt like hell, i closed my eyes and selected "skip for 4 gems" I just couldn't bring my self to watch 4 gems go down the drain

MysticMTL
04-09-13, 10:59 AM
Whats most unfair is that they sold it for gems. They award us gems only to have us waste it by either buying or skipping, its like being between a rock and a hard place, I skipped, the 4 gems hurt like hell, i closed my eyes and selected "skip for 4 gems" I just couldn't bring my self to watch 4 gems go down the drain

I feel the same way about spending gems. The only time I've ever used gems was by accident. And I did skip this challenge for 4 gems, but then found out a few hours later that they pulled the goal early, so I wasn't able to complete the next set of events.