PDA

View Full Version : Android's new update + font size

equinox96
03-09-13, 10:01 AM
Can anyone explain to me what's happening! One of my very good neighbors plays on android and this morning he updated DS to latest version and now he can't read anything on his wall because of the font size!!

Beware android users!!!

kwhales
03-09-13, 10:12 AM
This is not just an android problem. Ipads font got very tiny with the update while iphones seem to stay the same, readable size.

equinox96
03-09-13, 10:29 AM
Thanks for info, but it still has to do with the new updates. It has to be fixed!!

tonguelashing
03-09-13, 10:31 AM
Actually, mine doesn't seem to be any different on my Android Tablet compared to Valentines or other editions of DS. Not quite the same problem the iOS users experienced. But that's just me. Can anyone post a screenshot of the issue they are having?

equinox96
03-09-13, 10:42 AM
One of his neighbors told him how to fix the problem and he can't get screenshot. It's the writing on the walls, font size is super small so on top of being difficult to read and write, you kinda have to figure out not to write too much or else it won't all show up on others walls.

Maybe someone else that has this problem can post screenshot?!?

kwhales
03-09-13, 11:16 AM
One of his neighbors told him how to fix the problem and he can't get screenshot. It's the writing on the walls, font size is super small so on top of being difficult to read and write, you kinda have to figure out not to write too much or else it won't all show up on others walls.

Maybe someone else that has this problem can post screenshot?!?

Not showing up was always a problem. You write too much and it cuts off the excess and you have to continue on another post. This is a pain too but nothing new.

doop01
03-09-13, 12:17 PM
Was wondering what the update was when I saw it coming through. My font & wall still fine but now it's worse to scroll around, like V.D. Thanks for that T.L! :(

doop01
03-09-13, 12:38 PM
I would really like to know if T.L. are trying to fix the scrolling issue. I only ever played the V.E. game when trying to breed the pinks because of this and now my normal D.S. is the same. It makes the game horrible to play! Very frustrating! Please can they fix it???

grondai
03-09-13, 12:44 PM
It's big enough font size for an iPad player. They might have not thought that through. On a good note though, you can type longer messages

kwhales
03-09-13, 12:48 PM
It's big enough font size for an iPad player. They might have not thought that through. On a good note though, you can type longer messages

Sorry but as you are typing on the iPad, the font is very tiny and shows up on other devices just as tiny.

grondai
03-09-13, 12:51 PM
Sorry but as you are typing on the iPad, the font is very tiny and shows up on other devices just as tiny.

I know that's what I meant. They might have designed it for an iPad not thinking about how tiny it would be on an iPhone screen.

doop01
03-09-13, 01:09 PM
Oh! The pinks are now in normal D.S. for android! Yay, don't have to look at the pink screen anymore

kwhales
03-09-13, 01:22 PM
Oh! The pinks are now in normal D.S. for android! Yay, don't have to look at the pink screen anymore

Doesn't the green look so much better? Even your beautiful cake decor looks better on green.

doop01
03-09-13, 02:01 PM
Doesn't the green look so much better? Even your beautiful cake decor looks better on green.

Beautiful cake decore? Your funny kwhales lol :P

mommeeof4
03-09-13, 03:27 PM
I read the reviews on the play store and everyone is saying the food increased, did anyone notice this, before I download the update? Thanks!

grondai
03-09-13, 03:55 PM
I read the reviews on the play store and everyone is saying the food increased, did anyone notice this, before I download the update? Thanks!

Well on android that would be the case but it really isn't an increase. It's what they prices have been for iOS players. It won't matter if you try to hold out to max your dragons because eventually they will get the prices the same for all versions. They did this for iOS. I was reverting my dragon story back to the old one and eventually they fixed it so the prices were the same. Good luck

mommeeof4
03-09-13, 04:26 PM
Uhhhgggg, that stinks! Do we get all the features iOS has along with the food increase? That wouldn't be so bad then.

DragonTan1
03-09-13, 04:29 PM

I've been feeding my dragons and farming all day on ND lol Cupid level 9 1000 x5 to feed and DS is 5000 x 5 to feed... best take advantage while we still can!

krissy5000
03-09-13, 04:54 PM
Uhhhgggg, that stinks! Do we get all the features iOS has along with the food increase? That wouldn't be so bad then.

We didn't get a single one of the features, only the downside of the increased feeding costs. So yeah don't update your game.

lobius
03-09-13, 05:01 PM
its a food increase alright i have to use new dawn just to feed my dragons in a day, and all androids got was the food increase nothing else pssh take that lil update back dont need it.

gotalotaluv
03-09-13, 05:19 PM
I'm confused and it's probably a good thing because this update for Android (me) sounds like a BAD thing!! I'd **** to get rid of this pink grass (still on Valentine's verson - aren't we all or did I miss a download?) but I can stand it as opposed to it costing 1000 to feed a baby dragon, if that's what I'm reading. I just evolved my 4-leaf dragon to lvl 9 and didn't see a noticable increase in feeding cost ... not sure what I'm missing.

DragonTan1
03-09-13, 05:23 PM
I'm confused and it's probably a good thing because this update for Android (me) sounds like a BAD thing!! I'd **** to get rid of this pink grass (still on Valentine's verson - aren't we all or did I miss a download?) but I can stand it as opposed to it costing 1000 to feed a baby dragon, if that's what I'm reading. I just evolved my 4-leaf dragon to lvl 9 and didn't see a noticable increase in feeding cost ... not sure what I'm missing.

Valentine's version food cost were a lot compared to New Dawn & DS, but the new update made DS food cost the same... if you load up New Dawn you'll see, you probably didn't ntice because you were feeding your dragons on Valentine's?

lobius
03-09-13, 06:15 PM
it cost more to feed my dragon on ds then it does the valintine edition so now ive redownloaded new dawn and im using it to feed my dragons

tonguelashing
03-09-13, 06:20 PM
I finally saw the font size issue, what was really interesting is one persons post on my wall was small (like tiny) and another person's was 'normal.' However, when I closed the wall and re-opened it again, every post was 'normal'.

Additionally, the list of neighbors for map requests, some where tiny some were normal.

Very strange. Minor issue really, but should still be fixed.

DragonTan1
03-09-13, 06:26 PM
I noticed if you go to the dragons in the market it says all... now you can't get the option to go on one type of dragon >_>

tonguelashing
03-09-13, 06:35 PM
I noticed if you go to the dragons in the market it says all... now you can't get the option to go on one type of dragon >_>

Try restarting your device or deleting and reinstalling. I can choose a specific color on mine so it should be there.

DragonTan1
03-09-13, 06:43 PM
Try restarting your device or deleting and reinstalling. I can choose a specific color on mine so it should be there.

Thanks.