PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Poll and suggestion thread - 3/6/13

maguar
03-08-13, 06:17 PM
Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom. You can vote for multiple items but you can only vote once.

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder that Mothers Day and May Day are coming up.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. Please note that these will not be included in a poll. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41032-More-gifting-please) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations. For info on the upcoming March update check out this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47304-March-Content-Update-Teasers-amp-Info!).

maguar
03-08-13, 06:20 PM
I think it's about time Thurston washed his boxers which is why I added the washing line.

The wooden stocks are those wood things that people get locked up in and have rotten fruit thrown at them. I'm not thinking of anyone in particular (baron).

GrammyTeadrinker
03-08-13, 08:07 PM
I would like to be able to gift more than 3 times a day, I can't keep up with the neighbors who gift me.

CatLadyy
03-08-13, 09:42 PM
This is a great poll, I voted for everything. Ravens please!!!

CatLadyy
03-08-13, 09:42 PM
I think it's about time Thurston washed his boxers which is why I added the washing line.

The wooden stocks are those wood things that people get locked up in and have rotten fruit thrown at them. I'm not thinking of anyone in particular (baron).

Ha! I like this.

graciemarie1
03-08-13, 09:57 PM
I would really just like to expand. Not understanding why that's not possible. Clearly, there are goals outside our little world that we should be able to reach. I think swans and fruit stands are really great but perhaps we could have a vote on how many of us would like to be allowed to grow our kingdom...even if it's just a little...please, please, please

graciemarie1
03-08-13, 09:57 PM
I agree!!

graciemarie1
03-08-13, 09:59 PM
I would like to be able to gift more than 3 times a day, I can't keep up with the neighbors who gift me.

I agree!!

thatsmrswilson2u
03-08-13, 10:31 PM
I would just like a lot more quests. I get through them so fast. I would also like to level up beyond 30.

onemansmiracle
03-09-13, 02:04 AM
Which one is more practical and useful rather than merely a decor? We can only have 100 of them anyway.. Which one should I vote,emmmm....

roosfamily
03-09-13, 04:39 AM
I would really just like to expand. Not understanding why that's not possible. Clearly, there are goals outside our little world that we should be able to reach. I think swans and fruit stands are really great but perhaps we could have a vote on how many of us would like to be allowed to grow our kingdom...even if it's just a little...please, please, please
I agree I want to expand I have no more room after months with nothing to do with material execpt construct buildings

maguar
03-09-13, 04:59 AM
This is the info we have on expansions

There are no plans to open additional expansions in March, but new expansions will probably be opened in April as part of an update that will add a new character and associated quests and storyline.

Mylly2
03-09-13, 05:38 AM
I'd like to have some shorter adventures, maybe 4, 6 and 8 hour ones. I would also like more things to make in the forge, objects that could be used on shorter expeditions perhaps?

amasfarm
03-09-13, 05:29 PM
I would like to expand, give more gifts and to level up beyond 30

hiltonhead1
03-09-13, 05:41 PM
I would like to be able to trade excess items for those I need, such as glimmer dust and wisps.

graciemarie1
03-09-13, 06:29 PM
I would just like a lot more quests. I get through them so fast. I would also like to level up beyond 30.

Where do I sign the petition for this too!?! :)

mamareader02
03-09-13, 06:46 PM
Throwing a vote in for shorter adventures also,along with fruit stand(but it has to have a useful purpose!)

olcastle
03-09-13, 09:21 PM
I would like to be able to trade excess items for those I need, such as glimmer dust and wisps.

We already can kind of "trade" coal for wisps with crafting.
It would be great to be able to make glimmerdust from glimmerbulbs too - I maxed on them for ages.

Fomomo
03-09-13, 10:11 PM
As the number of neighbors increases, it is getting harder to browse the neighbors section. I would like to have a search box in the neighbors section or a scroll bar (or an alphabet tab) on one side, so I can get to a certain area in the list quicker.

dng1234
03-09-13, 10:51 PM
as the number of neighbors increases, it is getting harder to browse the neighbors section. I would like to have a search box in the neighbors section or a scroll bar (or an alphabet tab) on one side, so i can get to a certain area in the list quicker.

love this!!

NayanPrakash
03-09-13, 11:18 PM
This poll was so great that I voted for everything!!I would love to see wooden fences so that I could put my animals in them. And fruit stand and clothing lines are such a great idea! Swans and ravens would look so cool in Castle Story

CatLadyy
03-10-13, 04:59 PM
We already can kind of "trade" coal for wisps with crafting.
It would be great to be able to make glimmerdust from glimmerbulbs too - I maxed on them for ages.

That would be great.

It would be nice to have some goats and donkeys, a village square, a band scene..

blurbie
03-11-13, 12:47 AM
I want a weather vane for my animal buildings, a scarecrow too. It could be anything, not just a straw man, but something for fields. How about tulips in a pot for new flowers?
My forge would like to make shiny things for the ravens to steal. Or chalices for the cathedral. Or platters for the knights to take on a quest. Or jewelry to give to the mermaids.

I still think clouds of butterflies should come to the flowers. Or maybe we could place them in our gardens.

If we get wash-lines, I want a goat to eat poor hapless Thurston's clean laundry.

lala_gabbana
03-11-13, 12:49 AM
More expansions and level increases

nickerrs
03-11-13, 05:12 AM
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but a drawbridge or some type of bridge (with flexible lengths) would be a nice addition.

clarabesked
03-11-13, 07:03 AM
A star rain that one could send to a friend once a week. The star rain would increase the power of all the friends buildings.
A new part on the green fileds on the right hand side. I could think of something to do with summer and summer houses.
Some work for Thurston and Ivy. They really could contribute more. Not only washing thier underwear. ;-) Could they have thier own power supplies, maybe?
A nice chair for Old Thomas outside his house. I really do want to let him rest his old legs.

lotuskat
03-11-13, 07:40 AM
Hmm...for the poll: gazebo, a jousting lane and tournament tents for Thurston, maybe an inn for Ivy to serve her odd food (?) and some new crops to plant (herbs, eggplants, pumpkins), and something nautical like a harbor for when we finally get expansions closer to the sea!

As for game mechanics, I wholeheartedly support all those suggestions about expansions and trading items! I don't know what to do with all the glimmer bulbs and cabbage!

jaybay1147
03-11-13, 03:34 PM
I know Ivy's quest line isn't done. Notice how you can sell the troll pit, but not the Magic Garden.

MonkeyMomma76
03-11-13, 07:29 PM
I thought when I planted glimmerbulbs I would be able to trade or craft them into Glimmerdust. Disappointed they haven't made that possible. I have a majillion mushrooms taking up space just so I can get enough Glimmerdust for all the quests and building expansions. It's needed for so many things I'm surprised we don't have a more reliable source for it.

I would also LOVE to be able to buy energy somehow...maybe coins or trading silver ore or some other commodity. And I agree that we need more items to craft in the magic forge. Just making the same sword over and over again seems pointless :-((

olcastle
03-12-13, 02:35 AM
More expansions and level increases

+1
Until these are done I don't care much about new deco.

turtle805
03-12-13, 05:33 PM
I like the idea of turning glimmer bulbs into glimmer dust. It would have been cool if the windmill was a crafting building to actually make flour instead of a town building.
It would be interesting if our limit on resource buildings was raised by one after all buildings of that type were raised to level 5. (After I have two level 5 mines I can build a third mine). It would make it seem more worthwhile to keep upgrading. Perhaps this would not unlock until level 20 or so.
We need some Thomas inventions like a DaVinci like helicopter or a hot air balloon. After making the balloon it could be used in a quest for the knights.
A catapult maybe?
Are there any ogres in the woods?

MBRBTBRB
03-12-13, 06:38 PM
I want to be able to trade spare items with neighbours. It could work like this:

1. I can post an advert saying what I am offering and which item I want in return (Note that I can specify quantity of item offered and quantity of item desired).
2. I can withdraw an advert at any time.
3. I can view a list of my neighbour's adverts.
4. When I 'accept' a trade advertized by a neighbour the items are swapped immediately.
5. Discussions about trades can take place via our existing wall posts.

graciemarie1
03-12-13, 08:37 PM
+1
Until these are done I don't care much about new deco.
I second that.

noctual
03-12-13, 11:45 PM
I have a few gameplay suggestions. First, at higher levels it takes such a long time to expand, and it also starts limiting how far out one can expand as well which is frustrating. I wish that it could either take less time to make the wisp lanterns, allow users more than one workshop, or even possibly add a new workshop-ish building that could break up the things you can make within the workshop. Also, another building that uses some of the numerous supplies that are either rarely or never used, including much of the food that is made in the kitchens(I feel like I wasted gems on those fruit trees when the food made with them isn't used for anything). Removing the level cap would be nice as well. And lastly, I do not understand why there should be a cap on decor, specifically walls. This makes absolutely no sense to me, we should be able to place as many walls as we like.

noctual
03-12-13, 11:48 PM
I second that.

I third that completely.

jdelvalle1
03-13-13, 04:42 AM
I also agree that it makes little sense to add more decoration when space is limited, though I understand why expansions have been limited. There are a lot of great suggestions, but I think a flower stand/"shop" would be a great idea for mother's day, perhaps we should get flower petals from here (multiple colors at the same time) & whole plants as rare drops (in this way we don't have to have flowers in every nook & crany) & should then get MORE useful/rarer items in Ivy's hut, like glimmerdust (which she rarely drops) & even mermaid scales instead of petals. I mean Ivy's the game's eccentric for a reason, why shouldn't she not give rare items?

MBRBTBRB
03-13-13, 05:19 AM
I'd like to be able to place paths under gates. It seems odd that a path can't continue through to the other side of the gate.

goldensed
03-13-13, 05:19 AM
I keep thinking there should be the option of a door in the walls so you can close up the kingdom and be secure. The open arches are pretty but not as secure!

I've decided from all my visiting that personality shows through in each kingdom. I put stuff in and out of storage because I like more open space and I can't stand the constant beckoning of all those water cans for the flowers. I'd like to be able to toggle off production so I can enjoy the garden and even the aminals without accidentally using energy planned for something else.

jdelvalle1
03-13-13, 05:42 AM
I second that, I have 4 Towers at each corner of my kingdom for "protection" but open gates kind of defeat the purpose don't they?

brandonu
03-13-13, 07:23 AM
Archery targets

goldensed
03-13-13, 09:01 AM
I second that, I have 4 Towers at each corner of my kingdom for "protection" but open gates kind of defeat the purpose don't they?
I think that's how all the beasts keep getting in!

Em_storm
03-13-13, 03:27 PM
I think the Maypole would be a nice addition and the wooden fence might keep Sir Pigglesworth from wandering off. :) I really like brandonu's suggestion of archery targets. The barter system some people have mentioned- trading items we have lots of for items we need- certainly has an appeal. I would especially like the stocks if, as maguar said, they came with a certain individual *cough-cough (Baron) cough* in them. They could be a goal you unlock in the course of getting to the crown out there in the unexpanded area. Make sure you include lots of tomatoes in the goal for throwing. I'm just sayin'...

Em_storm
03-13-13, 03:34 PM
Oh! And since we have new buildings tomorrow and a new character in April, maybe we could have a goal for upgrading the cathedral for Thomas and Agnes' June wedding?

Paul__
03-14-13, 01:23 PM
1. Weather (Wind,Rain,thunder, flooding,hurricanes,tornados,snow) and stuff like that .when that stuff some buildings will get damaged and you repair them. trees cant be repaired .but they can be replant for 50 gems or cut up for 1,000 coins if you will get 20 wood and 100 leaves (you can stack leaves up to 2,000)
2. leather (made with 20 leaves )
3. 100 leaves and 20 woos now drop from trees
4. armor made using 20 stone,wood,leather,or leaves all have 100 uses you can put them in a box to get the armor on

lotuskat
03-14-13, 01:26 PM
Oh! And since we have new buildings tomorrow and a new character in April, maybe we could have a goal for upgrading the cathedral for Thomas and Agnes' June wedding?

That's a really cute idea! (^_^)

FaithEternal
03-14-13, 01:41 PM
Mother's Day Idea: Thurston's mother could visit and get Thurston and Ivy on the road to romance, lol, it'd be fun building a new house for them once they marry (like a nature loving cottage with weapons attached;). Actually planning the wedding and crafting a wedding dress would be a lot of fun.

Decoration Idea: Little blue birds (Blue Jays), they'd be perfect for Ivy's wedding. They could drop silver feathers or something to be used to craft her wedding dress. Who knows?? :)

FaithEternal
03-14-13, 01:42 PM
That's a really cute idea! (^_^)

Oh, yeah! I agree, they have to get married

FaithEternal
03-14-13, 01:45 PM
1. Weather (Wind,Rain,thunder, flooding,hurricanes,tornados,snow) and stuff like that .when that stuff some buildings will get damaged and you repair them. trees cant be repaired .but they can be replant for 50 gems or cut up for 1,000 coins if you will get 20 wood and 100 leaves (you can stack leaves up to 2,000)
2. leather (made with 20 leaves )
3. 100 leaves and 20 woos now drop from trees
4. armor made using 20 stone,wood,leather,or leaves all have 100 uses you can put them in a box to get the armor on

I love the weather idea -- it's great!! Especially snow :)

wassupbaby
03-16-13, 09:00 AM
The new amphitheater is quite cheap.I'd love to see some EXPENSIVE decor , sth like ... Idk diamond lake, diamond sword statue, diamond throne , diamond castle ... Etc . It must be expensive and it must be amazing so it could motivate me keep collecting coins and playing CS.

Criagirl
03-16-13, 09:28 AM
off topic suggestion: I wish there was an extra step before spending gems to speed things up. the only thing that seems to stop me from using them is when I don't have enough! I often am just trying to move the screen and end up touching the " speed up for x gems" and boom. hard to build up a stockpile to actually buy something that way.

FaithEternal
03-16-13, 10:46 AM
I have always wished for a better looking lake, particularly one with a waterfall. A diamond waterfall lake could be beautiful. And if you could fish gems from it, who wouldn't buy it?!?
The diamond throne would be cool too :)

elaur
03-17-13, 07:50 AM
I would suggest drops from magic garden/ivy's hut for later in game. I like the hot peppers of course but magic fruit??

Another suggestion would be other adventures that drop high end items so we don't have to do the same adventure every day to get good stuff.

SweetySama
03-17-13, 08:42 AM
off topic suggestion: I wish there was an extra step before spending gems to speed things up. the only thing that seems to stop me from using them is when I don't have enough! I often am just trying to move the screen and end up touching the " speed up for x gems" and boom. hard to build up a stockpile to actually buy something that way.

I'm with you here! I accidently have spend gems on speeding up a plant... -.-

MBRBTBRB
03-18-13, 12:23 AM
Yes! There must be an "Are you sure?" message before spending gems. This is the single biggest problem with the game.

Em_storm
03-18-13, 01:40 PM
Mother's Day Idea: Thurston's mother could visit and get Thurston and Ivy on the road to romance, lol, it'd be fun building a new house for them once they marry (like a nature loving cottage with weapons attached;). Actually planning the wedding and crafting a wedding dress would be a lot of fun.

Decoration Idea: Little blue birds (Blue Jays), they'd be perfect for Ivy's wedding. They could drop silver feathers or something to be used to craft her wedding dress. Who knows?? :)

Woohoo! Double wedding!

turtle805
03-19-13, 07:21 AM
New goal: From Ivy, a fertilizer for plants or trees that after it is applied they give more items or more rare items for a day. Maybe this could come from the glimmerbulbs that we have no use for.

turtle805
03-19-13, 07:23 AM
New goal: From Ivy, a fertilizer for plants or trees that after it is applied they give more items or more rare items for a day. Maybe this could come from the glimmerbulbs that we have no use for.

or maybe it can be the next step after we get the purple cow

maguar
03-25-13, 12:38 AM
Thanks so much for the suggestions. You'll find the new thread here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48690-Castle-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-3-20-13).