PDA

View Full Version : Most profitable 8-12 hour recipe

foxysquash
03-07-13, 07:43 PM
Hi :)
I am horrible at math and have been looking at the spreadsheets until my eyes are almost bleeding and I have a couple questions if anyone can help.
If you are playing strictly for gaining the most money as fast as possible:

Since you have no control over which item customer will take, and you have high amounts of multiple items, does it make more sense to make items that gain the most overall profit or the items that make the most profit per hour? Not sure why my brain won't let me make sense of that. lol

Also, I can't seem to figure out which overnight 8-12 hour recipes are the most profitable. I like to put items that are no more than 12 hours before I go to bed.

I'm only level 22 so I can't make watermelon cake, starfish biscuits, cornbread, and don't have fortune cookies for some reason.
I have regular ovens, ice cream maker, drink mixer, fryer and big apple oven.

mightyleodragon
03-07-13, 08:50 PM
For me, Cappuccino is the best (12 hours) because you can sell them quickly (10 coins per servings) if you want to gain more money as fast as possible.

wingus
03-07-13, 09:04 PM
Cappuccino or Cinnamon Rolls. Both 12 hours, both 10 coins each.

saucysammis
03-07-13, 11:51 PM
If you find yourself with an empty oven in the early afternoon the 16 hr banana bread brings 8 coins.

foxysquash
03-08-13, 04:51 PM
Ok great! I'll try those. Thanks!

s8Angel
03-08-13, 05:02 PM
Cappuccino or Cinnamon Rolls. Both 12 hours, both 10 coins each.

I wasn't sure if this answer was in regards to the level 22 player or players of all levels! Are there any other 10 coin or higher recipes? Not just 8 to 12 hour foods & drinks, but for all times.

saucysammis
03-08-13, 07:16 PM
I wasn't sure if this answer was in regards to the level 22 player or players of all levels! Are there any other 10 coin or higher recipes? Not just 8 to 12 hour foods & drinks, but for all times.

Earl Grey tea is a one day (22hr) recipe that has 10 coin servings, and is a better money maker than the cappuccino or the cinnamon rolls... Pay a little over 6,100 and earn over 15000 coins per appliance a day. but in lower level bakeries that don't have counters back logged with food it's easy to run out when baking 1 day recipes.

Red Velvet cake gives 12 coin servings, but there are less of them than there are of the earl grey. So you pay 6,200 and the payback is 14,700 or close.

I cook earl grey on 4 appliances and red velvet on 4 appliances every day. This money maker keeps me earning so I can use my other 10 appliances for new recipes or goals, buy decor, and still have profits to save towards expansion.

I buy 4 of any new appliance. If I work on goals as soon as they are available, 4 "goal" appliances has always been enough to finish goals with weeks to spare.

foxysquash
03-09-13, 11:16 AM
Yeah right now I'm having trouble staying stocked if I start making the longer recipes since most of them yield so much less. I tried stocking up on at least 3-4K of everything with about 12 counters full before I started trying for the bigger money makers like red velvet cake and liberty cookies. But as soon as I started doing that, my food count plummeted so quickly, I am now starting all over with trying to get really high amounts of the lower timed recipes. I really don't want to have to close my door at night but I'm spending so much time during the day trying to get lots of servings dished out that I might need to consider that. Or take some chairs away.
Can't wait until I have a ton of appliances.
Speaking of appliances, how many stars total does it take to get to the next level?

saucysammis
03-09-13, 12:34 PM
Maybe the star level up requirements are listed somewhere, but I haven't seen them. I've been over level 96 for 2 years and once you pass a level you only see what is next needed.

I would not take away chairs! Your bots will become unhappy! Just let your food sell. Close the app while your happiness is at 100. The happiness is related to when you last opened and shut. Only block the door when you run out of food. You can keep from running out if you cook a bunch of brownies. (Which will also help you level up)(don't gift brownies though, it is not worth it at any level to accept them.) Cook the other short recipes with the large amounts of plates to stock up.

I ran out on restaurant story recently and that's approximately what I did and now I'm loaded up again.

foxysquash
03-09-13, 06:11 PM
I have 23 chairs so I could probably take some away without the bots getting unhappy but I'm choosing to be on a baking frenzy all day every day instead so far. lol
I only gift parts or cappachino unless someone specifies. The first few days I was playing the game, I had no idea of tipping or gifting and couldn't figure out why sometimes I'd have coins on my tables. lol
I did my second expansion today and did a lot of redesigning. Do you know if the time "stops" or food stops getting served when you are in design mode? I hope not because I was doing it for a really long time. I know the food time keeps cooking during design mode but wasn't sure about whether it's getting served or not.

saucysammis
03-09-13, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure about whether servings stop when you are designing. They seem to but maybe they serve at the same rate as when you're closed...?

s8Angel
03-10-13, 06:07 PM
Earl Grey tea is a one day (22hr) recipe that has 10 coin servings, and is a better money maker than the cappuccino or the cinnamon rolls... Pay a little over 6,100 and earn over 15000 coins per appliance a day. but in lower level bakeries that don't have counters back logged with food it's easy to run out when baking 1 day recipes.

Red Velvet cake gives 12 coin servings, but there are less of them than there are of the earl grey. So you pay 6,200 and the payback is 14,700 or close.

I cook earl grey on 4 appliances and red velvet on 4 appliances every day. This money maker keeps me earning so I can use my other 10 appliances for new recipes or goals, buy decor, and still have profits to save towards expansion.

I buy 4 of any new appliance. If I work on goals as soon as they are available, 4 "goal" appliances has always been enough to finish goals with weeks to spare.

Thank you so much for this info! It starts to get really confusing once you've unlocked most of the recipes! I recently started making only watermelon cakes on my other account cause i thought that was a better money maker! Are there any really good money making foods/drinks that are 4 hours or less?

s8Angel
03-10-13, 06:13 PM
Yeah right now I'm having trouble staying stocked if I start making the longer recipes since most of them yield so much less. I tried stocking up on at least 3-4K of everything with about 12 counters full before I started trying for the bigger money makers like red velvet cake and liberty cookies. But as soon as I started doing that, my food count plummeted so quickly, I am now starting all over with trying to get really high amounts of the lower timed recipes. I really don't want to have to close my door at night but I'm spending so much time during the day trying to get lots of servings dished out that I might need to consider that. Or take some chairs away.
Speaking of appliances, how many stars total does it take to get to the next level?

While having less chairs is an option u get a lot of really angry customers, i think a better solution is to keep the cash register on the other end of your shop that your door is, that way it takes customers longer to get to the host and then a table thus slowing down sales but having happy customers!

wingus
03-10-13, 11:27 PM

Sorry s8Angel - I've been busy and not on the forum. The answer was in regards to all players. If you check out this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AirojqZymHCpdDlCX3F1OU1tODFTNW4xZWpBb2RDZ EE&gid=14) by Sehana, you'll see all the recipes and their details. I've currently sorted it by Net/Serv but if you click on any of the blue titles at the top, you can sort by those columns.

Cooking based on maximum Net/Serv will make you money faster, but it doesn't always make you the most money. I prefer to cook recipes based on Cashflow. Sure the money comes in a bit slower, but you get more. For example, Red Velvet Cake costs the most per serve, but only returns you $2,500 whereas Candy Corn Muffins returns you $5,720. Also, the latter only takes 16 hours compared to 22 for RVC. AND it has more servings, so will last a little longer. I find RVC runs out very quickly!

ladym7
03-11-13, 01:17 AM
Sorry s8Angel - I've been busy and not on the forum. The answer was in regards to all players. If you check out this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AirojqZymHCpdDlCX3F1OU1tODFTNW4xZWpBb2RDZ EE&gid=14) by Sehana, you'll see all the recipes and their details. I've currently sorted it by Net/Serv but if you click on any of the blue titles at the top, you can sort by those columns.

Cooking based on maximum Net/Serv will make you money faster, but it doesn't always make you the most money. I prefer to cook recipes based on Cashflow. Sure the money comes in a bit slower, but you get more. For example, Red Velvet Cake costs the most per serve, but only returns you $2,500 whereas Candy Corn Muffins returns you $5,720. Also, the latter only takes 16 hours compared to 22 for RVC. AND it has more servings, so will last a little longer. I find RVC runs out very quickly!

I think they run out quick too :) I'll try the candy corn muffins, thanks :p

sugarlevi
03-11-13, 05:45 AM

I noticed with 11 counters, almost 4k food per counter is being sold per day. I'm stocking up on the high volume 8 hour recipes during the night (oolong green tea/lemonade/milkshakes/chocolate cherry trifle (! 2000+ !)/ blueberry scones/peanut butter cookies), and the fast recipes during the day. Have about 7 applicances right now, and I take out as many ovens as I have, and after that as many drinks machines as I have, to stock up on large amounts of the short time recipes. Then I can take out the jazz ovens and 1 oven and 1 drink machine to keep stocked on the 1- 2 - 3 - 4 hour high volume recipes (matcha/jasmine tea/raspberry macaroons/celebration trifle/fruitcake - candy apples/angel food cake - Red velvet cookies (! 1700+ !)/tapioca pudding - Pecan pie/Vanilla cupcakes) .

Three oolong green tea, and two chocolate trifle, will last you until the morning, and by then you will be able to restock those. If you have six ovens, you can do three drinks, and three chocolate cherry trifle, building up a buffer of those trifles, and add something else to the mix overnight. You can bake the short time recipes whenever you have the time to do so, I try to keep at least 1000 at hand. That way I can get through a couple of hours of not being able to play. I use the gifts when I have got empty counters and nothing to fill them up, so I spare my other counters. And don't forget about the red velvet cookies. With only three batches a day, you will start building up a nice buffer of those as well.

So with 2 overnight high volume recipes, 6 short time recipes for when you have time to play, and the red velvet cookies, you can fill up 9 counters to last you at least a day, you can use the 1 to 4 hour recipes depending on the schedule of your day and time to play.

There are some other high volume recipes on the other appliances, but since I am concentrating on the jazz goals right now, so I haven't bothered building those yet.

foxysquash
03-11-13, 08:42 AM

Thank you! This is exactly what I've been trying to figure! My brain that refuses anything math or statistics related wouldn't let me make sense of this. lol

foxysquash
03-11-13, 08:45 AM
And Sugarlevi, this is almost identical to what I've been doing! lol

I have my tables placed as close to the door as possible trying to make sure customers don't have to take more than ten steps (because I read somewhere on here that was best method and fastest way to serve food) so maybe I should take that idea mentioned and get my tables further away from the door so it takes longer for them to get there. Good idea. I can try that until I'm like uber stocked. lol Then rearrange back to closer to the door.

wingus
03-11-13, 11:16 PM
And Sugarlevi, this is almost identical to what I've been doing! lol

I have my tables placed as close to the door as possible trying to make sure customers don't have to take more than ten steps (because I read somewhere on here that was best method and fastest way to serve food) so maybe I should take that idea mentioned and get my tables further away from the door so it takes longer for them to get there. Good idea. I can try that until I'm like uber stocked. lol Then rearrange back to closer to the door.

I did this too until I reached about level 40 or so when I had sufficient ovens to keep food on the counters. Then I changed my layout and am now starting to bring in lots of coins. I found cooking Candy Corn Muffins really helped as there were a lot of servings and returned me more coins. I only had one Candy Oven too, but you could build more if you like.

I also found that by cooking the same recipe on a number of ovens helps to keep the food on the counter. For example, if you have six ovens, cook three Chocolate Cherry Trifles, and then three Red Velvet Cookies. Just make sure that you balance the long term recipes with short term ones. I did find unfortunately that a lot of the shorter time recipes give you negative cashflow, but that can't be helped when you're trying to keep food on the counters!

Good luck!

saucysammis
03-12-13, 11:03 AM
Let's see if this posts in the format in which it was typed....

Red Velvet Cake /Earl Grey Tea/. Candy Corn Muffin
Yield: $14,700. $15,100 Yield: $10,600
Cost: $6,100. $6,240 Cost: $2440
Profit: $8600. $8,860 Profit: $8160
Plates: 1225. 1510 Plates: 2650
12 coins/plate. 10 coins/plate 4 coins/plate

22 hrs to bake. 22 hrs bake 16 hrs to bake
24 hrs to serve. 26hrs serve +48hrs to serve
24 hrs earns $8600. (50) hrs earns $8160

Red velvet profits $440 more coins and Earl Grey profits $700 more coins in one day. Candy corn muffins earn $440 and $700 LESS and it take twice as long to earn the coins.

We could take into account that 16 hr recipes can be cooked 1.5 times more often than red velvet cake... Once in the early morning, again at night, then the following afternoon, then once again the next morning... But wow. Still easier and more profitable to have that red velvet cake & earl grey tea going on.

Baking candy corn muffins if you've already earned the gems when you could bake & earn gems from new recipes makes no sense.

saucysammis
03-12-13, 11:10 AM
Is this easier to read??....

Red Velvet Cake. /Earl Grey Tea/. Candy Corn Muffin
Yield: $14,700. / $15,100 / Yield: $10,600
Cost: $6,100. / $6,240 / Cost: $2440
Profit: $8600. / $8,860 / Profit: $8160
Plates: 1225. / 1510 / Plates: 2650
12 coins/plate. / 10 coins/plate/ 4 coins/plate

22 hrs to bake. 22 hrs bake 16 hrs to bake
24 hrs to serve all 26hrs serve all +48hrs to serve
24 hrs earns $8600. Earns:8860 (50) hrs earns $8160

Red velvet profits $440 more coins and Earl Grey profits $700 more coins in one day. Candy corn muffins earn $440 and $700 LESS and it takes twice as long to earn the coins.

We could take into account that 16 hr recipes can be cooked 1.5 times more often than red velvet cake... Once in the early morning, again at night, then the following afternoon, then once again the next morning... But wow. Still easier and more profitable to have that red velvet cake & earl grey tea going on.

Baking candy corn muffins if you've already earned the gems when you could bake & earn gems from new recipes makes no sense.

wingus
03-13-13, 09:23 PM
But the profit is not what you actually get in hand as you bake more recipes.

Let me try and explain:

When you bake one batch of RVC, you earn $8,600 BUT when you go to bake another batch, you have to spend $6,100 to bake that second batch, and therefore from that $8,600 you are only left with $2,500.

When you brew one batch of Earl Grey Tea, you earn $8,860. You spend another $6,240 to brew another batch. You are only left with $2,620.

When you bake one batch of Candy Corn Muffins, you earn $8,160. You spend another $2,440 to cook another batch. You are left with $5,720.

Thus you get much more actual money to use than RVC. In fact, with the Candy Corn Muffins, you have enough money to bake TWO more batches earning you TWO more lots of profit whilst only running through the first lot of profit earned.

We are talking about earning the most money here and not gems. I haven't mastered the Candy Corn Muffins or the Candy Cookies yet, so it doesn't bother me. I'd rather use coins to finance my expansions than use hard earned gems.

figuresk8er88
03-14-13, 06:16 AM
But the profit is not what you actually get in hand as you bake more recipes.

Let me try and explain:

When you bake one batch of RVC, you earn $8,600 BUT when you go to bake another batch, you have to spend $6,100 to bake that second batch, and therefore from that $8,600 you are only left with $2,500.

When you brew one batch of Earl Grey Tea, you earn $8,860. You spend another $6,240 to brew another batch. You are only left with $2,620.

When you bake one batch of Candy Corn Muffins, you earn $8,160. You spend another $2,440 to cook another batch. You are left with $5,720.

Thus you get much more actual money to use than RVC. In fact, with the Candy Corn Muffins, you have enough money to bake TWO more batches earning you TWO more lots of profit whilst only running through the first lot of profit earned.

We are talking about earning the most money here and not gems. I haven't mastered the Candy Corn Muffins or the Candy Cookies yet, so it doesn't bother me. I'd rather use coins to finance my expansions than use hard earned gems.

well you need to take into account that food starts piling up quickly, and i mean very very quickly. you easily start having >50k plates of some item, even with an efficient design. the servings of these recipes are just so high! so, since all those numbers listed only make sense AFTER you sell the entire batch, if you keep on baking candy corn muffins and it starts to stockpile, it will take ages before you get your money back. at lower levels if you sell out all your food quickly and wake up each morning to empty counters, then yes, candy corn muffin is probably a better choice than red velvet cakes or earl gray tea.
at higher levels though, you really need to try having more higher profit/plate recipes, which is why red velvet cake is so popular at $12/plate. earl gray, and a few other recipes that sell at $10/plate are good choices too. i cook red velvet cake even though i've mastered it already, and then other lower-yielding recipes just to master them, but i will clear the $4 plates when they start piling up to make sure that i'm selling enough $12 and $10 plates. the important thing to keep in mind is that you're not earning anything if the food is still sitting on your counters!

somamom
03-27-16, 06:53 AM
I believe to earn max profit in one day, you have to look not at total profit, but profit per serving. These are some recipes in the 8-12 coin range:
Sugar Cookies, 1 day, 10 coins
Valentine Cookies, 1 day, 8 coins
Cinnamon Buns, 12 hrs, 10 coins
Banana Bread, 16 hrs, 8 coins
Gingerbread, 6 hrs, 8 coins
Cappucino, 12 hrs, 10 coins
Latte, 1 day, 10 coins
Love Potion, 1 day, 10 coins
Earl Grey Tea, 1 day, 10 coins
RVC (Red Velvet Cake), 1 day, 12 coins
Hot Apple Cider, 16 hrs, 10 coins
Pumpkin Pie, 2 days, 8 coins

THERE IS A CATCH
While all of these recipes earn you a good amount of coins, they do not have sufficient servings, to when the next batch is ready. Cooking these and spreading each serving onto 10 different counters is a real money-maker, but you will run out of food quickly. To use this strategy, you must have 45K servings in all. I believe that is the maximum number of food you can serve in 24 hrs. So, either stack up 2-3K of like 12 different foods. Or, pair one of the mm foods with something that has a lot of servings:

Key Lime Pie, 6 hrs, 2275 servs
Cannoli, 12 hrs, 2350 servs
Eclairs, 6 hrs, 2025 servs
Sweet Potato Pie, 20 hrs, 4400 serves
Autumn Cake, 18 hrs, 3725 serves
Berry Rhubarb Pie, 10 hrs, 2700
Castella, 11 hrs, 3125 serves
Blueberry Buckle, 1 day, 3600 serves
Seashell Cupcakes, 18 hrs, 4150 serves
Black Forest Cake, 18 hours, 3875 s
Starfish biscuits, 13 hours, 3800 S
Watermelon cake, 12 hours, 3450 S
Lemon meringue pie, 16 hours, 3425 S

So, I would pick two with same times, and cook! Feel free to add the lower level recipes.