PDA

View Full Version : iOS update

stoogehunter
03-07-13, 12:42 AM
Does the new update for DS on iOS mean we can now delete Valentines Day and just play the regular version?

Baraze
03-07-13, 12:49 AM
Something weird happened before I saw we had an update. Breeding diamond and virtue I got fires and loves. Thinking we must use the new version.

cmyjh
03-07-13, 03:28 AM
Bred diamond and virtue. Gave me 44 hours. Turned out to be angel dragon?!

stoogehunter
03-07-13, 04:28 AM
I have tried over 100 times to get unicorn with diamond and virtue. I have only ever gotten virtue. This gets my hopes up.

picklylily
03-07-13, 04:32 AM
Bred diamond and virtue. Gave me 44 hours. Turned out to be angel dragon?!

Wow! All I got from that combo are Virtues and more Virtues. Last night, I couldn't even breed Diamond with Fire or Forest.

wassupbaby
03-07-13, 04:44 AM
One good thing is now we can upgrade 500 golds habitat and dont have to sell or move dragons. Another small change is when we click on dragon, there's a trade button.
Anyone notices sth else ?

Baraze
03-07-13, 04:49 AM
One good thing is now we can upgrade 500 golds habitat and dont have to sell or move dragons. Another small change is when we click on dragon, there's a trade button.
Anyone notices sth else ?

I just saw this. The words are super small on the walls. I got a light dragon from diamond and air/forest and virtue. I guess pinks are breaking up again too because I also got lots of loves and fires. Fruitful must be putting his rotten apples in the water again, because something on the island isnt clean!

Baraze
03-07-13, 04:51 AM
I have tried over 100 times to get unicorn with diamond and virtue. I have only ever gotten virtue. This gets my hopes up.

Tell me about it! Have literally tried over 350 times for unicorn since it came out and have only gotten one. Now with virtue breaking up its even more rare. I give it! I finally got the last dragon ive wanted, dream, so I give up!

7Riptide
03-07-13, 05:00 AM
i need 4 inches display for my iphone 5 :(

Tossa747
03-07-13, 05:45 AM
I got infinity with diamond and magic yesterday, before the update.

SamKanj
03-07-13, 06:09 AM
i need 4 inches display for my iphone 5 :(

Me too :(

kooky panda
03-07-13, 06:35 AM
Does the new update for DS on iOS mean we can now delete Valentines Day and just play the regular version?

Yes you can delete the Valentine Version.
The regular dragon game is now the most current IOS version to be playing.

kwhales
03-07-13, 08:14 AM
Yes you can delete the Valentine Version.
The regular dragon game is now the most current IOS version to be playing.

Yay, green again. But WOW, do my eyes have to adjust to no pink.

thatgirl444
03-07-13, 08:31 AM
i dont want to part with pink

knj00
03-07-13, 09:00 AM
Now pink breakes up when breeding Virtue/Diamond >_< I thought that was a bug and they fixed it..... It's always broke up with normal breeding but never when breeding Virtue with Diamond. I can't even count the number of Virtue Dragons I got while trying for Unicorn (bad memory, lol).

Teamlava keeps changing the breeding rules and of course that is their decision but it sure does get confusing. So is this now intended, or a bug?

kurebiz
03-07-13, 09:36 AM
What happens if you breed using v day edition? It splits too?

fattom19
03-07-13, 09:50 AM
So the most up to date version on ios is the original dragon story or new dawn? Sorry i'm new to ios

fattom19
03-07-13, 09:57 AM
Forget it I see there is no more new dawn

betsyb514
So the most up to date version on ios is the original dragon story or new dawn? Sorry i'm new to ios

The original dragon story, once you download the update from the App Store. Have fun!❄⛄❄

RotomGuy
*blinks*

I've forgotten what green looks like.

sweetsweet456
03-07-13, 10:01 AM
Do they ave these game on the ds

enoch4
03-07-13, 10:04 AM
Now pink breakes up when breeding Virtue/Diamond

My neighbor said the same thing is happening with Night/Diamond. I haven't updated - I've been breeding extra night dragons to trade, and always get night. She said she updated, and now night is splitting when she breeds it with diamond.

knj00
03-07-13, 11:01 AM
My neighbor said the same thing is happening with Night/Diamond. I haven't updated - I've been breeding extra night dragons to trade, and always get night. She said she updated, and now night is splitting when she breeds it with diamond.

I just tested that 6 days ago and only got Night Dragons as a result >_< So this changed along with the Pink.... I will test to be 100%. Really wish we knew if this is intended or a bug. I hate wasting gold trying to figure it out then finding out it's a bug. It's my decision to test for accuracy but my gold suffers for it, lol. :)

enoch4
03-07-13, 11:10 AM
I just tested that 6 days ago and only got Night Dragons as a result >_< So this changed along with the Pink.... I will test to be 100%. Really wish we knew if this is intended or a bug. I hate wasting gold trying to figure it out then finding out it's a bug. It's my decision to test for accuracy but my gold suffers for it, lol. :)

Lol :) It will be interesting to hear what you get. I haven't updated - when I breed night with diamond I still get night. My neighbor who updated got water. Weird...

kooky panda
03-07-13, 11:14 AM
Yes the most current verison for IOS is the regular Dragon version 1.3

Do they ave these game on the ds

You can only download the games from google play(android device), Itunes(apple device) and Amazon Market(kindle device)

knj00
03-07-13, 11:23 AM
Lol :) It will be interesting to hear what you get. I haven't updated - when I breed night with diamond I still get night. My neighbor who updated got water. Weird...

It seems after the new update black is indeed spliting when breeding with Diamond. I got 1 Wizard, 1 Water and 3 Magic Dragons... Love all the changes (<- sarcasm) XD

enoch4
03-07-13, 11:25 AM
It seems after the new update black is indeed spliting when breeding with Diamond. I got 1 Wizard, 1 Water and 3 Magic Dragons... Love all the changes (<- sarcasm) XD

Wow, crazy. Thanks for the info. Funny that a single color is one of the possible outcomes of the split.

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-07-13, 11:36 AM

Interesting......I'm in no rush. :D

Did anything (good) come out of this latest update?

cheryllemon
03-07-13, 12:04 PM
So I go into my album just to see how many dragons I am missing and I get a message that I got an album reward....... It was the new lightning dragon!!!!!!! Yay!! Now I just need a free nest to hatch it.

tonguelashing
03-07-13, 12:04 PM

There's a new dragon reward mentioned in another thread, a pink/air hybrid...the Lightning dragon. 22 hrs. So you can go claim it.

kwhales
03-07-13, 12:23 PM
There's a new dragon reward mentioned in another thread, a pink/air hybrid...the Lightning dragon. 22 hrs. So you can go claim it.

I did. Hey the way I have been breeding, I will take anything, and a free dragon, no breeding needed, is just what I need right now to boost my spirits.

salinho
03-07-13, 02:16 PM
Funny. With this update, i get push notifications almost FOUR minutes before the timers end. Before, I would get push notifications after whatever it notified me of (expanisons, breedings, evolutions) was finished.

salinho
03-07-13, 02:18 PM
I did. Hey the way I have been breeding, I will take anything, and a free dragon, no breeding needed, is just what I need right now to boost my spirits.

Yeah, me too! Diamond-less person here. XD

kooky panda
03-07-13, 02:22 PM

You can now trade your dragons right from their habitant , instead of clicking on the trading shop.

You can upgrade your current Red, purple, and Green habitants using gold to the Glorious Grove, Grand Gardens, and Raging rocks habitants.

mymummy789
03-07-13, 02:38 PM
You can now trade your dragons right from their habitant , instead of clicking on the trading shop.

You can upgrade your current Red, purple, and Green habitants using gold to the Glorious Grove, Grand Gardens, and Raging rocks habitants.

If I ever win one of the sweepstakes I might get the big habitats. Are they bigger, size wise too, or just hold more dragons?

knj00
03-07-13, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=You can upgrade your current Red, purple, and Green habitants using gold to the Glorious Grove, Grand Gardens, and Raging rocks habitants.[/QUOTE]

I was thrilled with this addition. Selling off dragons just to get rid of the habitat to get one of those was not something I was happy about. :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-07-13, 03:26 PM

Well this is definitely useful. I always think one day I'm gonna trade the wrong dragon by pressing something too quickly!

Thanks
:)

kurebiz
03-07-13, 03:38 PM
Androids weren't included in this mini update right? Just got a virtue from breeding it with a diamond.

kooky panda
03-07-13, 03:42 PM
Androids weren't included in this mini update right? Just got a virtue from breeding it with a diamond.
This was an update in the itunes store, so it was just for IOS devices.

kooky panda
03-07-13, 03:44 PM
If I ever win one of the sweepstakes I might get the big habitats. Are they bigger, size wise too, or just hold more dragons?
They are bigger.

infinitelove19
03-07-13, 04:14 PM
One major drawback to this update, for my iPad at least, is the writing on my wall is tiny. Nearly microscopic. It's absurd.

My iPhone account's wall seems unaffected. Is anyone else having this issue? I sure hope it's not permanent. :-/

salinho
03-07-13, 04:41 PM
One major drawback to this update, for my iPad at least, is the writing on my wall is tiny. Nearly microscopic. It's absurd.

My iPhone account's wall seems unaffected. Is anyone else having this issue? I sure hope it's not permanent. :-/
Seems like they changedthe fonts. I am getting used to it, I do like some of the changes.
The writing is much smaller, yeah. But I think now we can fit more characters into one sentence... (Or probably not, lol)

infinitelove19
03-07-13, 04:54 PM
Seems like they changedthe fonts. I am getting used to it, I do like some of the changes.
The writing is much smaller, yeah. But I think now we can fit more characters into one sentence... (Or probably not, lol)

I'm actually enjoying most of the changes, bigger numbers. Many of the visuals have improved, but the wall on my iPad is ridiculous. Yes, I CAN read it, but it's surrounded by tons of white-space, so why so small??? It would be nice if we could fit more characters, but I somehow doubt it! (runs off to test....)

infinitelove19
03-07-13, 05:05 PM
I'm actually enjoying most of the changes, bigger numbers. Many of the visuals have improved, but the wall on my iPad is ridiculous. Yes, I CAN read it, but it's surrounded by tons of white-space, so why so small??? It would be nice if we could fit more characters, but I somehow doubt it! (runs off to test....)

OY! So I can post more & see more (when posting/viewing from iPad) as more fits onto two lines, HOWEVER, when d from my iPhone, the font-size is normal & the "bonus" characters are NOT visible. So, TL, what's the dealio? Will this be fixed ASAP, and is it part of the update for iPad (unintentional?) Or is this an error only some of us are experiencing?

Thanks for any info & for fixing this.

infinitelove19
03-07-13, 05:06 PM
***Above, that should read when VIEWED from my iPhone***

enoch4
03-07-13, 05:09 PM
OY! So I can post more & see more (when posting/viewing from iPad) as more fits onto two lines, HOWEVER, when d from my iPhone, the font-size is normal & the "bonus" characters are NOT visible. So, TL, what's the dealio? Will this be fixed ASAP, and is it part of the update for iPad (unintentional?) Or is this an error only some of us are experiencing?

Ah, that explains why my neighbors can see the end of wall posts that I can't see. I'm curious too, if this will change or stay the way it is.

tonguelashing
03-07-13, 06:22 PM

This is due to the fact that the game is written for a phone sized screen. They haven't designed it for a table size screen like iPad or android tablets. So when playing a game designed for the iPhone on the iPad, the iPad stretches some of the visuals, but the font size is probably set to a specific size and doesn't scale.

kwhales
03-07-13, 06:29 PM
This is due to the fact that the game is written for a phone sized screen. They haven't designed it for a table size screen like iPad or android tablets. So when playing a game designed for the iPhone on the iPad, the iPad stretches some of the visuals, but the font size is probably set to a specific size and doesn't scale.

Yeah, but before this update, the font size was bigger (or normal). Now it is very small. So whatever they did with this update, decreased the size of the ipad font.

tonguelashing
03-07-13, 06:35 PM
Yeah, but before this update, the font size was bigger (or normal). Now it is very small. So whatever they did with this update, decreased the size of the ipad font.

Hmm, will take a look at my fiancee's iPad when I get home (i'm on an Android tablet and we don't have the update yet). It's possible they changed the font and thus the problem I describe. They did change quite few fonts. Some are better, clearer and more legible.

koiju
03-07-13, 06:41 PM
Like the update...except I did like when I touched the Evolution Temple I used to get a list of all those dragons due for evolving and I could scroll through and say yes, no, 24hrs - not yet, ah 8hrs, you go first!
Now I have to chose the dragon first - annoying, someone's bound to get neglected (poor baby storm dragon, you've a long wait ahead of ye!)

kwhales
03-07-13, 06:47 PM
Like the update...except I did like when I touched the Evolution Temple I used to get a list of all those dragons due for evolving and I could scroll through and say yes, no, 24hrs - not yet, ah 8hrs, you go first!
Now I have to chose the dragon first - annoying, someone's bound to get neglected (poor baby storm dragon, you've a long wait ahead of ye!)

What? I updated my game, then went to evolve a dragon and my list still appeared. I was able to scroll and pick and choose.

koiju
03-07-13, 07:01 PM
What? I updated my game, then went to evolve a dragon and my list still appeared. I was able to scroll and pick and choose.

hmmm - nope, tried a couple of times on my phone and nada in the list! I may do a phone restart and check again - but Mist is evolving now so have 14hrs to wait (just farming at the moment a trading fodder island on nest and trading fodder magic breeding :( )

koiju
03-07-13, 07:05 PM

Same deal with my trading portal - no scrollable list. Will turn off and turn on again now... stand by.... nope still nothing to scroll through and of course about 35 dragons who could in theory go into the portal :\

tonguelashing
03-07-13, 07:05 PM
hmmm - nope, tried a couple of times on my phone and nada in the list! I may do a phone restart and check again - but Mist is evolving now so have 14hrs to wait (just farming at the moment a trading fodder island on nest and trading fodder magic breeding :( )

you tap the evolution temple, then tap the 'evolve' icon on the bottom right. You should see the list then.

koiju
03-07-13, 07:12 PM
you tap the evolution temple, then tap the 'evolve' icon on the bottom right. You should see the list then.

The outline of hte list comes up, there's nothing in it, just a blue box with the title Select Dragon and the green Evolve button shaded out (so you can't tap it). I just evolved Mist through the dragon's screen where I'd normally feed it. Same for Trade, Tap the portal pic, tap the icon, the list pops up on the right hand side but is an empty box with the Trade button greyed out - weird.

kwhales
03-07-13, 07:16 PM
The outline of hte list comes up, there's nothing in it, just a blue box with the title Select Dragon and the green Evolve button shaded out (so you can't tap it). I just evolved Mist through the dragon's screen where I'd normally feed it. Same for Trade, Tap the portal pic, tap the icon, the list pops up on the right hand side but is an empty box with the Trade button greyed out - weird.

This shouldn't be happening. I'd check into it if I were you under bugs and feedback thread. I haven't had any of those problems on my iphone or iPads.

nbella1414
03-07-13, 07:19 PM
I only have the valentines edition downloaded. Should I download the original version or stay with what I have?

tonguelashing
03-07-13, 07:33 PM

Try completely restarting your device (turn it off, wait a few seconds, turn it on) and try again. Can also try deleting and re-installing the game, see what happens there.

tonguelashing
03-07-13, 07:35 PM
I only have the valentines edition downloaded. Should I download the original version or stay with what I have?

For iOS, Dragon Story (original) is now the latest and gratest. You can delete the valentines edition from your iOS device.

For Android, Valentines Edition is still the latest one...we're waiting patiently (well almost patiently :D )

kwhales
03-07-13, 07:35 PM

The original game is the most updated. VD is now outdated and can be deleted.

ganodustin
03-07-13, 08:50 PM
chances are, U could get a unicorn or angel. as it's 44hrs, it should be angel. congratulation!

koiju
03-07-13, 10:52 PM
Try completely restarting your device (turn it off, wait a few seconds, turn it on) and try again. Can also try deleting and re-installing the game, see what happens there.

Will go to the bug thread and see, tried turning in and off, no change. I am relatively new so have only ever had valentine ds, this is a brand new download of original ds

kooky panda
03-08-13, 06:17 AM
Will go to the bug thread and see, tried turning in and off, no change. I am relatively new so have only ever had valentine ds, this is a brand new download of original ds
Responded to your own thread on this issue.

krisypie1
03-08-13, 09:36 AM
I like the new update, but I noticed you can't breed the Infinity Dragon anymore. Are they going to fix that, or won't we be able to breed infinity anymore?

krisypie1
03-08-13, 09:38 AM
I like the new update, but I noticed you can't breed the Infinity Dragon anymore. Are they going to fix that, or won't we be able to breed infinity anymore? Will we be able to breed Infinity Dragon with another Dragon?

[S8] Elsa
03-08-13, 11:09 AM
I like the new update, but I noticed you can't breed the Infinity Dragon anymore. Are they going to fix that, or won't we be able to breed infinity anymore?

The Infinity Dragon is not intended to be a Parent Dragon.

yandao11
03-08-13, 01:13 PM

Any reason why TL decide on gold instead coins for HABITATS?

mymummy789
03-09-13, 02:58 AM
since doing the update my DS keeps crashing. Anyone else having this problem?

Horntail21
03-10-13, 06:41 AM

You can't see the list while you're e solving a dragon. Only when the temple is empty. Always been like that I believe.

Horntail21
03-10-13, 06:42 AM
You can't see the list while you're e solving a dragon. Only when the temple is empty. Always been like that I believe.

Nevermind I misread. Looks like you already knew that

kooky panda
03-10-13, 02:10 PM
Pony, I posted on page 6 but didn't have any responses. Since I downloaded the updated version on my ipad my album is gone. I have seen other threads about other people getting new features, I lost one. Lol. I emailed teamlava but the response I received made no sense. I was told that they are not able to revert changes back to a previous state.
Whatever that means....
Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Sorry for the repeat post, but no one has commented either way. With the new version of DS I do not have an album. The icon is gone on my screen. when I hit menu the icon is there but blacked out and says coming soon over it. I have an iPad mini. I still have an album on my vday version. My daughter has an iPod and she still has her album with the new version. Are there other iPad mini users on here? I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have restarted my device. I emailed support and they said unfortunately changes can not be reverted back.... Does that mean I lost it? Any insight would be appreciated.
I finally got an apple device and was so excited to see what I have been missing out on with my android. Now I am losing those features.....

Try deleting and redownloading the game. If you are still getting the wording "coming soon" can you post a picture of this?

I don't like it now that you can only evolve dragons from habitats or trade dragons from the habitats! I liked the list much better! Now if I'm trading a dragon I have to search my habitats because I don't remember where I put them! And when evolving it was much easier to select one from the list by knowing the type of dragon or how much time is involved! Now I have to search in all habitats to make a decision! Not good! I could understand having the choice of either evolving/trading from "the list" OR from the habitat but not just from a habitat! Just makes no sense and makes it much harder to navigate! Please put the lists back on evolution temple and trading portal! This was not a good update! Let us decide how we want to evolve and trade...from list or habitat! I don't think anyone would like this update better than the way it was!

I am able to view my trade list and evolve lists and also have the option in the habitant.
Try deleting and redownloading the game.
If you still cannot see your list when trying to evolve, can you post a picture of this?

Zulac99
03-10-13, 03:28 PM
I noticed the size of the writing on my wall seems much smaller and hard to read when I'm using my IPad 2. The font size seems unchanged and fine on my IPhone4S though.

salinho
03-10-13, 03:33 PM
I noticed the size of the writing on my wall seems much smaller and hard to read when I'm using my IPad 2. The font size seems unchanged and fine on my IPhone4S though.

Yup, looks like iPads & iPad minis had a change in the font in most of the game, and the font on the wall became smaller! I wonder if it fits more characters now? Seems like it, but I doubt people who don't had iPads can't read everything...

kwhales
03-10-13, 03:35 PM
Yeah, the font size decreased. Read here http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47765-Android-s-new-update-font-size

mommeeof4
03-10-13, 06:41 PM
Kooky, I posted the picture but it seems to have been removed....?

kooky panda
03-10-13, 07:57 PM
Kooky, I posted the picture but it seems to have been removed....?

I sent you a PM. I moved your issued to is own thread so I could report it.

Here is a link

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47844-Album-Glitch&p=564825&viewfull=1#post564825

mommeeof4
03-10-13, 08:25 PM
Try deleting and redownloading the game. If you are still getting the wording "coming soon" can you post a picture of this?

I am able to view my trade list and evolve lists and also have the option in the habitant.
Try deleting and redownloading the game.
If you still cannot see your list when trying to evolve, can you post a picture of this?

I sent you a PM. I moved your issued to is own thread so I could report it.

Here is a link

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47844-Album-Glitch&p=564825&viewfull=1#post564825

Thank you!

Rob5374
03-11-13, 06:55 AM
Hi there !
I saw the classic version of DS is 1.0.7 on google play, and the V-day version is 1.0.6.5. Does it mean android got the update to ? Which version number is it on IOS ?

And do you know if there is any chance to have an "Install latest version of the game" quest to get some gold ?

Thx for answering ;)

RoyalSaint
03-11-13, 03:55 PM
Wow and still no support for the iphone 5 screen. Really dissapointing, not to mention the lack of resolution. Which could easily be changed.

RoyalSaint
03-17-13, 11:11 AM
Am I the only one who is questioning the lack of support for iphone 5 users?