PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event Bat Dragon Sweepstake - Win 5,000 Gold! [Winners Announced!]

FrozenTurtle
03-04-13, 11:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LfiQzen.png

The Bat Dragon does not reside mostly in caves as one might expect, it prefers the Black Sands where it can get plenty of Firapples to eat. If you find Firapple husks completely drained of juice, you may have a Bat Dragon on your Island. While this Dragon looks ferocious, don't be alarmed. His fearsome look keeps other Dragons in line and protects the Island from creatures with foul intentions. Help us fill Dragon Story with these majestic defenders for a chance to win a super sized bag of Gold!

Sweepstake and Rules:
Starts: Monday, March 4th 11am PST
Ends: Thursday, March 7th at 10:30am PST

- BREED or BUY 1 Bat Dragon for 1 entry!
- EVOLVE a Bat Dragon to level 10 for 10 entries!

10 players will win 5,000 Gold each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

You can breed or buy a Bat Dragon for this sweepstake through the following versions:

Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id594076335)
Dragon Story for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id513474544)
Dragon Story for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon)
Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon5)
Dragon Story: New Dawn for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon2)
Dragon Story for Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Dragon-Story/dp/B008OOYALE)

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/fHs1Nkh.png

Join us in congratulating the winners!

Please note that for privacy reasons, we used profile names and not Storm8 IDs. Profile names are not unique and it's possible for more than one user to have the same profile name. All prizes have been awarded. If you did not receive Gold, unfortunately, you were not one of the winners. Sorry!

RotomGuy
03-04-13, 11:43 AM
3 days? Might as well attempt it!

RotomGuy
03-04-13, 11:44 AM
That wasn't meant to sound pessimistic, by the way ;3

teogionia
03-04-13, 11:44 AM
Realy like black dragons, good job TL

Baraze
03-04-13, 11:45 AM
Ooohhh, new dragons! Dang it, should have kept my second black habitat.

topherocious
03-04-13, 11:48 AM
Bat Dragon = 9hrs. Deep Dragon = 15hrs. Evolving my Bat to lvl7 right now but don't think I'll make enough food before the contest ends.

LilMzB4Life
03-04-13, 11:50 AM
Ooh, if bat dragon is 9 hours, then I got it on 1st try!!! Cool, since I still can't get goblin and haven't attempted Hunter yet.

RotomGuy
03-04-13, 11:51 AM
Ooh, if bat dragon is 9 hours, then I got it on 1st try!!! Cool, since I still can't get goblin and haven't attempted Hunter yet.

It could be a Seabreeze.

topherocious
03-04-13, 11:51 AM
Bat Dragon is tricky. Seabreeze is also 9hrs. I got lucky, thinking I had gotten Seabreeze but it turned out to be Bat. (:

Baraze
03-04-13, 11:53 AM
Boo! I got an aether, trickster and now have 14 hours. Ill wait it out. My sapphire is in the evolution anyways.

LilMzB4Life
03-04-13, 11:54 AM
It could be a Seabreeze.

I sped up the hatching in my one of my nest then sped up breeding and its the bat dragon!!! I'm relieved!!!

ts260pp
03-04-13, 11:55 AM
I got bat and deep dragon at my 2nd try.��Bat dragon is 9 hrs and deep is 15 hrs.....yayyy...lucky me����

MazShaddix
03-04-13, 12:01 PM
I got seabreeze hatching and 8 hours breeding.

ShelesSweets
03-04-13, 12:02 PM
Thank you for letting kindle get in on the action. I just saw the bat this morning and attempted it, but got a 7 hour breed time. Came here to see how long it takes and saw this contest. Hopefully, I'll get one next time.

Who has gotten a bat so far? What dragon did you breed with the night dragon to get it?

EmmaZoo5
03-04-13, 12:16 PM
It took me some gold, and I finally splurged on the nest, but I got the bat dragon on my first try, followed by the hunter dragon that had been evading me. I now have a Goblin and a Deep on the nests. WooHoo! Now if I could just get that darn Anubis that has been avoiding me like the plague!

cedkugedchgd
03-04-13, 12:17 PM
omg am i the only one who didn't get the bat dragon on first try? :( got a coral instead -_-

EmmaZoo5
03-04-13, 12:18 PM
Bat was Night and Air for me.
Night and Water gave me the deep
Night and fire gave me the Goblin
Night and Forest gave me the hunter

I started trying with hybrids but I had no luck.

gentry5
03-04-13, 12:23 PM
I got Bat Dragon on very first try using Night and Trickster!!

Candy3030
03-04-13, 12:25 PM
Can someone post a pic of the eggs when they get a chance :) thanks and congrats to those who got them.

brandonu
03-04-13, 12:29 PM
I keep getting Coral dragons as well. Are people breeding night + basic element or are they breeding Night + hybrid dragon for these? I had no luck using basic elements, so I tried using Night + Mirage got 11 hours, so it's either Mirage or Athletic.

kooky panda
03-04-13, 12:29 PM
Can someone post a pic of the eggs when they get a chance :) thanks and congrats to those who got them.

Ignore the one in the middle... LOL.
Bat- on right
Deep on left

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/63B9B9F7-7060-4C23-809A-AB4072B05E6C-600-0000003DA2597960_zpsc5ba5bb1.jpg

Candy3030
03-04-13, 12:30 PM
Ignore the one in the middle... LOL.
Bat- on right
Deep on left

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/63B9B9F7-7060-4C23-809A-AB4072B05E6C-600-0000003DA2597960_zpsc5ba5bb1.jpg

Awsome!! Congrats and thank you :)

Baraze
03-04-13, 12:33 PM
I love the Deep egg. Trying to be good and not buy gold for speed breeding.

RotomGuy
03-04-13, 12:35 PM
Bought gold for the first time ever, got my Deep and now I'm trying for Bat. Sorry but the Deep is cool!

Mani_Sari
03-04-13, 12:36 PM
So excited to see 9 hours, 3 in a row. They all turned out to be Seabreezes haha, I never get these on the first day lol.

fattom19
03-04-13, 12:40 PM

Awesome! Thanks for that combo, I blew through about 250 in gold speeding up getting nothing but mists and some other random fails, I read your post and tried night and trickster and BAM first shot I got the bat dragon!! THANK YOU!

Baraze
03-04-13, 12:43 PM
This will be a long wait. I have a mindvolt and wizard in the nests. I got Bat with night and clown.

enoch4
03-04-13, 12:44 PM
Awesome! Thanks for that combo, I blew through about 250 in gold speeding up getting nothing but mists and some other random fails, I read your post and tried night and trickster and BAM first shot I got the bat dragon!! THANK YOU!

DITTO ^ thanks :)

ShelesSweets
03-04-13, 01:07 PM
Thanks. I'll try this next. Air didn't work for me.

SybreTiger
03-04-13, 01:11 PM
Man, still trying for the Hunter and Goblin... But at least now if I use Night + Aurora, I have a chance at Hunter or Deep...

topherocious
03-04-13, 01:30 PM
I used Night and Mist and got Deep. Then used Air for Bat. Good luck everyone!

EmmaZoo5
03-04-13, 01:31 PM
Seemed easy on the Kindle using the 1 element dragons, but on ios, I had more trouble. Finally got one using parakeet. I have not gotten a hunter on this account so figured I would use parakeet to try for both. Now I still need a hunter and goblin on this account though!

NouraMoh
03-04-13, 01:51 PM
Stupid Diamond!
I put Night and Mirage hoping for Bat or Goblin
And got 2 days 44 gold :/

fattom19
03-04-13, 02:01 PM
Does anyone have any help for me, I cannot seem to get a hunter dragon no matter what combo I use. If a couple people can share which combo they used to get it I'd appreciate it

NouraMoh
03-04-13, 02:10 PM
Fattom19
I used Night and Aurora for Hunter. Good luck :)

NouraMoh
03-04-13, 02:16 PM
Woohoo!!!
Got Bat with Seabreeze
9 hours :)

kiirsttz
03-04-13, 02:20 PM
How do you get in the competion?

RotomGuy
03-04-13, 02:31 PM
How do you get in the competion?

Breed a bat, and your entered.

NouraMoh
03-04-13, 02:42 PM
Got Deep using Night and Water, 15 hours breeding time :)

LilMzB4Life
03-04-13, 03:13 PM
Stupid Diamond!
I put Night and Mirage hoping for Bat or Goblin
And got 2 days 44 gold :/

I had to laugh when I read this because I know how you feel!! Stupid diamond shows up at the worst possible time.

davewin
03-04-13, 04:30 PM
Got one, working on Deep Dragon now :D
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/saiyansnake/BatDragon.png

davewin
03-04-13, 04:36 PM
ROFLOLMAO! I got a Deep Egg as soon as I made that last post :)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/saiyansnake/DeepDragon.png

NouraMoh
03-04-13, 04:43 PM
Lucky you :)

sweetstuff525
03-04-13, 05:31 PM
Wow seems like many are getting diamond using night dragon

I just got my 2nd diamond with night and aurora

krisypie1
03-04-13, 05:38 PM
I got Bat dragon with Night/Gold

The_Sicilian
03-04-13, 06:41 PM
Bat Dragon = 9hrs. Deep Dragon = 15hrs. Evolving my Bat to lvl7 right now but don't think I'll make enough food before the contest ends.

Unless you buy gold!! Muhahahahahahaha!!! Funny how it goes "on sale" during certain "contests" lmao. No new shoes for little billy, but I got my bat dragon to lvl 10 before Thursday!!! Woo! hoooo!

kevinh92
03-04-13, 08:43 PM
Okey, first super dragon, and then bat dragon. Now where is my spider dragon teamlava?

henrylucky
03-04-13, 08:56 PM
Okey, first super dragon, and then bat dragon. Now where is my spider dragon teamlava?

I know what you mean!
Super-man....Bat-man... Spider-man.. :) but, Iron must be Cool...

MazShaddix
03-04-13, 10:07 PM
I know what you mean!
Super-man....Bat-man... Spider-man.. :) but, Iron must be Cool...
What about villains?? Doom dragon / apocalypse dragon / magneto dragon etc

infinitelove19
03-04-13, 10:13 PM
Third attempt 9 hours! After no Goblin anywhere in sight after 4 days of constantly trying, I sure hope this is a Bat & not a Seabreeze!! Waiting 'til I have a freen est to find out for sure. ;-)

MazShaddix
03-04-13, 10:25 PM

This combo really works. Got bat on first try when I changed to this combo

Beneath
03-05-13, 04:33 AM
Tryed bat with night and air, got 10hrs is it coral?? Don‘t have trickster or seabreeze... is there any other good combos for bat? 8)

tb328
03-05-13, 07:15 AM
Does anyone have a gem sale? I notice that everytime there is a contest I don't get any gem sales - wondering if this is game wide or just my bad luck

mjtang
03-05-13, 08:42 AM

mayb i should try this out too.

vickielea
03-05-13, 09:17 AM
So first try with night lvl 5 n air lvl 7 got a coral.
2 nd try with lvl 5 night n lvl10 air have a 14 hour breed time. What is it?

Thx :-)

tb328
03-05-13, 09:20 AM
So first try with night lvl 5 n air lvl 7 got a coral.
2 nd try with lvl 5 night n lvl10 air have a 14 hour breed time. What is it?

Thx :-)

You have a MIST

Mani_Sari
03-05-13, 10:10 AM

Maybe for some, 11 tries using this got nothing but fail dragons. Funny how my friends use weird combos such as hunter/parakeet, goblin/seabreeze and night/scorpion and end up getting the bat in 1-3 tries, yet i'm sticking to a color pool with less colors in the mix with little luck, funny game lol.

mikeclit
03-05-13, 01:57 PM
I got it easily but the amount of food it needs is ridiculous. Especially if you're trying to meet that deadline. Not everyone had a million food stocked up

gentry5
03-05-13, 02:02 PM
Used Night and Trickster and got it on first try but just try to feed the little greedy sucker right now.

wassupbaby
03-05-13, 02:59 PM
Got it 1st try with night and mirage. But im not bother to evolve it , 1 ticket for me :S

ShelesSweets
03-05-13, 04:47 PM
I have lots of food but can't breed a bat. For those who have, do you need a level 10? I just bred my Night dragon and evolved once before the contest started. It's a level 6, but must be shooting blanks because it's only creating common dragons.

tonguelashing
03-05-13, 05:23 PM
I haven't been able to breed any of the hybrid black dragons either. Keeps breaking down. Doesn't matter if I breed it with a solid element (air, fire, etc) or a hybrid, I haven't gotten a single black hybrid :-( So the short contest time is just insane, can't do squat in that time.

jrodt333
03-05-13, 05:27 PM
Lol, I got 9 hrs yesterday and assumed it was the Bat dragon. I was very surprised when a Seabreeze egg appeared in my nest! I got another 9 hrs though right now. Good luck to everyone in this contest!

jasmilyn
03-05-13, 05:53 PM
Does anyone have a gem sale? I notice that everytime there is a contest I don't get any gem sales - wondering if this is game wide or just my bad luck

It's the other way around for me. I've never gotten a gem sale until recently, and it's always when there's a contest going on. In fact, I got another gem sale today and -gasp- just in time for that bat sweepstakes! :O

Kasa80
03-05-13, 06:28 PM
How does one qualify to enter the sweepstakes? I have the bat dragon, but never received any notification that there was a sweepstakes for this.

tonguelashing
03-05-13, 06:36 PM
How does one qualify to enter the sweepstakes? I have the bat dragon, but never received any notification that there was a sweepstakes for this.

You're automatically entered when you breed and hatch one.

kurebiz
03-05-13, 06:48 PM
I'm on android and have been getting 20% off sales everyday for quite a while. Seems like I'll have to give this contest a miss. Not getting any luck. Had coral mist mist..

Applejacksfriend
03-05-13, 08:09 PM
My bat dragon is at Lv 8 so far, does that mean I automatically enter the contest or do I have to do something?

Applejacksfriend
03-05-13, 08:10 PM
My bat dragon is at Lv 8 so far, does that mean I automatically enter the contest or do I have to do something?
Never mind I just read the above post, oops sorry.

Beneath
03-06-13, 07:59 AM
I tryed bat with honeybee and night..... got 18hrs so i think that‘s trickster... lol didn't see that one coming :D

lollipop_rp
03-06-13, 01:38 PM
I still didn't get bat or goblin! I want to enter but hopefully I will get one soon lol

ShelesSweets
03-06-13, 02:53 PM
I wish the dragons they used for the contest weren't so super rare. I would bet that only a few people are allowed to actually breed the bat dragon during the contest time. My belief is that only the people who purchase gold on a regular basis will win this contest. If the dragon were easy to breed, it would be a true contest open to anyone who tried. They have the ability to decide exactly which accounts are eligible to breed which dragons, so most of us are wasting our time. The contests are fixed ahead of time.

midnightmeerkat
03-06-13, 03:06 PM
I wish the dragons they used for the contest weren't so super rare. I would bet that only a few people are allowed to actually breed the bat dragon during the contest time. My belief is that only the people who purchase gold on a regular basis will win this contest. If the dragon were easy to breed, it would be a true contest open to anyone who tried. They have the ability to decide exactly which accounts are eligible to breed which dragons, so most of us are wasting our time. The contests are fixed ahead of time.

Just because they are rare dragons does not mean the contest is fixed...... I would very much doubt that it is fixed

betsyb514
03-06-13, 03:10 PM
Just because they are rare dragons does not mean the contest is fixed...... I would very much doubt that it is fixed

I agree. I think that there are a lot more people playing than we realize. With only 10 winners out of how many? I'm just happy when I can have at least one entry. It's like getting a free lotto ticket. You know your chances are almost non-existent, but you are there, sitting on the edge of your seat when they are picking the numbers! Good luck to all!

RotomGuy
03-06-13, 03:10 PM
So far, I've gotten a Mindvolt, a Trickster, a Genie and, just now, a Clown trying for this one.

I'm getting a Super Rare but not a Rare! Gah!

LilMzB4Life
03-06-13, 04:09 PM

I purchase gold and haven't won a contest yet!!! I wasn't even able to breed goblin but I did get 2 bats. Unfortunately, I can't get neither one of them to epic with the amount of food they eat so I'll just be happy with my 2 little entries and hope for the best. Believe me, if the contests were fixed based on your assumptions, I would have won at least one of them by now. I believe all dragons are breed able for everyone but its a matter of finding the right combination for your game!!! JMHO

betsyb514
03-06-13, 06:30 PM
I purchase gold and haven't won a contest yet!!! I wasn't even able to breed goblin but I did get 2 bats. Unfortunately, I can't get neither one of them to epic with the amount of food they eat so I'll just be happy with my 2 little entries and hope for the best. Believe me, if the contests were fixed based on your assumptions, I would have won at least one of them by now. I believe all dragons are breed able for everyone but its a matter of finding the right combination for your game!!! JMHO

I think you are right about the breeding. I also pay on my phone and will use the same combinations and they just won't work. Must have tried for the Snowman over 100 times and nothing with the same combination I used on my iPad. It was the reverse for the Elf.

tonguelashing
03-06-13, 07:24 PM
So far, I've gotten a Mindvolt, a Trickster, a Genie and, just now, a Clown trying for this one.

Yeah that's happened to me a lot. Got a 2nd snowman before I got a rose dragon.

maximinidan
03-06-13, 09:52 PM
I never get the contest messages on my ipad... However, I always get them on my android phone (galaxy s3).
I just started on my phone so I can't breed the dragons for the contest, but I breed them on my ipad. I hope it's not in vain, though, since I never receive the contest messages. Can someone reassure me ? :)

Beneath
03-07-13, 01:59 AM
Whaaaaaat?! I thought i will have trickster from night and honeybee.. i just put the egg into nest and it's cupid!?!? I am shocked that i didn't expect :D

NouraMoh
03-07-13, 04:07 AM
Got my Bat to level 8 and I'm struggling to feed the little bugger!!!
Got the coins, just think I'm running out of time before I get it to epic

Still no Goblin.. :(

sand
03-07-13, 10:47 AM
On a whim for either Bat or Hunter, I paired Night with Fruitful. Aurora came out. That made me smile.
But then came my earnest attempts at Bat: Air & Night made Genie. Genie & Night made Mist. Mist & Night made Coral. In a last ditch effort, I tried Storm & Night (to match the current weather and time). 14hrs would bring another Mist, and the Bat sweepstakes will be over by the time it hatches.*
Maybe I'll pair Fireworks & Night to congratulate the winners.*

cedkugedchgd
03-07-13, 11:46 AM
just got a 9 hours breeding time, finally... please don't let it be a seabreeze, pleaase :(

Mani_Sari
03-07-13, 11:57 AM
just got a 9 hours breeding time, finally... please don't let it be a seabreeze, pleaase :(

Good luck. I had three 9 hours in a row the other day, I was so happy, but my smile turned into a frown when they were all sea breezzes lol.

bryanjdbalot
03-07-13, 05:53 PM
still no winners?

tonguelashing
03-07-13, 09:10 PM
Well I gotta tell ya, there may be nothing to the dragon names...but my Night dragon is named 'Zero' which is pretty descriptive since so far, s/he's produced Zero hybrids. Not a single black hybrid. breaks down every time. dealing with Cupids, Corals, Wizard, Titan, ANYTHING BUT Goblin, or bat...haven't bothered trying for Hunter or deep. Very disappointing. And the contest time frame was ludicrous for this one which didn't help.

winkysy
03-07-13, 10:30 PM
feeding this Bat is really no joke. I harvest and harvest and quick harvest till the last hour before my bedtime to just get the last 10K food and put Bat to evolve and put in 9 gold to quicken it and peacefully go to bed. how's that for the contest? *stressful* LOL. Good luck to all who particupate!

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-07-13, 10:31 PM
breaks down every time. dealing with Cupids, Corals, Wizard, Titan, ANYTHING BUT Goblin, or bat...haven't bothered trying for Hunter or deep. Very disappointing. And the contest time frame was ludicrous for this one which didn't help.

Tell me about it. 2 wizards in a row, then a planet, then night? not to mention the corals and hearts in between. I mean come on!!!!!!
I think I need a break from these darks. They're a real nightmare.

:mad:

gotalotaluv
03-09-13, 03:08 PM
Tell me about it. 2 wizards in a row, then a planet, then night? not to mention the corals and hearts in between. I mean come on!!!!!!
I think I need a break from these darks. They're a real nightmare.

:mad:

I agree with tonguelashing and lolas on this one!!! The bat is NOT my friend!!! Bat and water gave me 22 hr wait (wizard I didn't need) and now Bat and light just gave me another 22 hr wait (mindvolt). So I'm using the level 9 hybrid bat with level 10 singular elements .. and it's not working. How about a Joker dragon to give my Bat dragon a reason to live!! lol

Mani_Sari
03-09-13, 09:24 PM
Got my 7th 9 hr breeding this week, decided to wait it out and no surprise it's another freaking "super rare" seabreeze. Goodness I just need 1 "rare" Bat Dragon, not that I believe in rarities anymore with all these crazy outcomes.

kwhales
03-10-13, 06:52 AM
Got my 7th 9 hr breeding this week, decided to wait it out and no surprise it's another freaking "super rare" seabreeze. Goodness I just need 1 "rare" Bat Dragon, not that I believe in rarities anymore with all these crazy outcomes.

It amazes me that when you want a rare, you keep getting super rares. But when you breed for the super rares, you get commons. Its like the system is ignoring rares.

henrylucky
03-10-13, 07:11 AM
It amazes me that when you want a rare, you keep getting super rares. But when you breed for the super rares, you get commons. Its like the system is ignoring rares.

You're true, when I tried for Cupid, I just got 2 planets -_-, and never get it until now....

sharbuch
03-10-13, 07:25 AM
Anybody know who won I know its not me I only breed one just curious

mariahcheergirl
03-10-13, 08:40 AM
I'm still trying to get one.I got a fairy dragon yesterday by accident

Chelsea79
03-10-13, 06:42 PM

What did u breed night with to get a trickster and clown... I don't have those yet.. I want to try them too... Getting so annoyed with this now.. Keep getting coral..

bryanjdbalot
03-11-13, 04:37 AM
hmm still no winner for this one?..

kwhales
03-11-13, 05:40 AM
hmm still no winner for this one?..

Its still sleepy time for TL. Like 5:30 am. Maybe later.

henrylucky
03-11-13, 08:29 PM
Its still sleepy time for TL. Like 5:30 am. Maybe later.

Now 7.30 pm, Maybe you mean 3 yours ago is 4.30 pm

betsyb514
03-11-13, 08:42 PM
It takes them longer to announce the winners than they gave us to qualify for the contest! lol

[S8] Elsa
03-12-13, 12:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fHs1Nkh.png

Join us in congratulating the winners!

Please note that for privacy reasons, we used profile names and not Storm8 IDs. Profile names are not unique and it's possible for more than one user to have the same profile name. All prizes have been awarded. If you did not receive Gold, unfortunately, you were not one of the winners. Sorry!

henrylucky
03-12-13, 03:58 PM
Congratulations !

LilMzB4Life
03-13-13, 11:13 AM
Congratulations to all of the winners!!!!