PDA

View Full Version : Possible food bug work around

lesleypsg1
12-18-10, 10:10 AM
I got hit by food bug too trying to make plum pudding

After trying to trash the dish, failing miserably. I tried cooking over it when stove showed blank. Did 5 minute eggs. Took two tries of prepping eggs, but when it showed omelets in pan, it switched itself to pots back to cooking plum pudding So far it's holding. I'll let everyone know if it bugs again

Until team lava is back again Monday, this may help those stuck with buggy appliances so thought I'd share. I hope so anyways. Good luck all.

deadpix
12-18-10, 10:12 AM

After trying to trash the dish, failing miserably. I tried cooking over it when stove showed blank. Did 5 minute eggs. Took two tries of prepping eggs, but when it showed omelets in pan, it switched itself to pots back to cooking plum pudding So far it's holding. I'll let everyone know if it bugs again

Until team lava is back again Monday, this may help those stuck with buggy appliances so thought I'd share. I hope so anyways. Good luck all.

Just shut your game down and start it up again.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:14 AM
Just shut your game down and start it up again.

Tried that a few times and never worked. Even shut device on and off, didn't work. Thanks tho for suggesting.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:20 AM
Take your game out of multi tasking.

1. Press your home button twice
2. Your game will show up on the bottom row
3. On the upper left hand side of the icon, there is a red minus button. Tap this button and the game icon will disappear from the bottom row but will still be in place on your screen.

4. Shut down your device. Count to 10. Restart. This worked for me when I had food that would not come off the stove. Good Luck!

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:21 AM

Yeah! It worked! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:22 AM
How about putting the appliance in storage and then placing it out again. Wouldn't that take care of the spoiled food?

deadpix
12-18-10, 10:23 AM
Tried that a few times and never worked. Even shut device on and off, didn't work. Thanks tho for suggesting.

It's worked for me and my buddies who are currently playing. My "spoiled" roast turkeys got revived and my buddies are reporting similar successes with the other new dishes.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:24 AM
Take your game out of multi tasking.

1. Press your home button twice
2. Your game will show up on the bottom row
3. On the upper left hand side of the icon, there is a red minus button. Tap this button and the game icon will disappear from the bottom row but will still be in place on your screen.

4. Shut down your device. Count to 10. Restart. This worked for me when I had food that would not come off the stove. Good Luck!

I tried that way first, several times but it didn't work for me. Hope one of these two suggestions work for everyone. First one solved my problem even when second one didn't. Thanks to all who are saying what worked for them tho

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:36 AM
Thanks! I tried this with french toast and now I have the plum pudding cooking again like nothing ever happened. Hopefully, it will stick.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 11:15 AM

I had to do the unthinkable... I deleted my game and reinstalled it and it worked. And I didn't loose any of my things of my level (I'm currently at level 46)

Unregistered
12-18-10, 12:16 PM
I had to do the unthinkable... I deleted my game and reinstalled it and it worked. And I didn't loose any of my things of my level (I'm currently at level 46)

After trying first suggestion, it does work but is tedious. Thanks for posting though!!! At least u were looking out for other players.  So I finally deleted and. Reinstalled. So far it's working

Unregistered
12-18-10, 12:35 PM
After trying first suggestion, it does work but is tedious. Thanks for posting though!!! At least u were looking out for other players.  So I finally deleted and. Reinstalled. So far it's working

This deleting and reinstalling is working because you are installing the new update from the 15th Dec. I had buggy new food, quit app and installed update and started app and new food was ready to prepare. Countdown timer is working and no more flies.

Norm
12-18-10, 12:40 PM
We apologize for your incontinence and we promise to rectify the situation as soon as possible. Our staff is investigating everything, probing deeply and exploring all nooks and crannies.

-- Norman

deadpix
12-18-10, 12:54 PM
This deleting and reinstalling is working because you are installing the new update from the 15th Dec. I had buggy new food, quit app and installed update and started app and new food was ready to prepare. Countdown timer is working and no more flies.

I already had the new update installed when I encountered the "spoiled" food issue, but for me, simply shutting down RS completely and starting it up again solved the issue.

deadpix
12-18-10, 12:58 PM
We apologize for your incontinence and we promise to rectify the situation as soon as possible. Our staff is investigating everything, probing deeply and exploring all nooks and crannies.

-- Norman

Norman???

There's nothing wrong with our bladders ... Oh! Wait! You're posting from an iPhone/iPod/iPad and the auto spell check gotcha! :-)

Unregistered
12-18-10, 01:01 PM
Norman???

There's nothing wrong with our bladders ... Oh! Wait! You're posting from an iPhone/iPod/iPad and the auto spell check gotcha! :-)

Not Norman, tho u probably know that. Just some ten year old looking for attention

Unregistered
12-18-10, 01:07 PM

-- Norman

Norman???

Actually, if you really think about it, the statement is really quite funny, particularly if "rectify" had been misspelled with an "a"; what with "incontinence", "rectify", "probing deeply", "nooks and crannies"... :-)

Ah me... I've been awake for too long.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 01:09 PM

I did delete the app from my iphone and reinstalled. All the flies are gone and new dishes are back on the stove!

Unregistered
12-18-10, 02:10 PM
Thank you everyone for reporting these issues, we are currently looking into them. Please continue to provide us with details of the problems, thanks!

Wow! You're here on a Saturday. I'm impressed. Update works fine after a delete and reinstall. Thanks for the update!

Unregistered
12-18-10, 02:19 PM
When it was time to serve the roast turkey it got stuck. I tried the above methods except deleting it...I finally just put the ovens in storage and lost my money and time. This sucks.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 02:31 PM
Thank you everyone for reporting these issues, we are currently looking into them. Please continue to provide us with details of the problems, thanks!

New food items are still stuck in "prepare" mode. Can't try other foods or manage dish. Deleting and reloading game didn't work.

Luv2Prowl
12-18-10, 03:10 PM
New food items are still stuck in "prepare" mode. Can't try other foods or manage dish. Deleting and reloading game didn't work.

I'm having same problem. When I purchased my new items hours ago they went right to the stove/oven with no prep (which I thought was unusual but thought since they were new maybe there was no prep). When I went to collect item from my grill all my new items on stove/oven had the pics above them so I thought they were ready since it was about that time but got the tap to prepare. Now I can't do anything with them because I can't get past the tap to prepare. I've tried shutting everything down & nohing changed even deleted the game & reloaded and nothing has changed still stuck in prepare stage. The only thing I can do is put them in storage and lose my food.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 03:30 PM

Everyone likes gems. 

Unregistered
12-18-10, 03:38 PM
Well I've tried it all; shut down, restarted, unistalled, reinstalled, throwing iPhone, yelling at iPhone, all of it to no success. All I know is that I can't prepare my food at now my kitchen is closed because every oven and stove is full of buggy food that is fixing to go bad. 

katsplace
12-19-10, 06:32 AM
Well I've tried it all; shut down, restarted, unistalled, reinstalled, throwing iPhone, yelling at iPhone, all of it to no success. All I know is that I can't prepare my food at now my kitchen is closed because every oven and stove is full of buggy food that is fixing to go bad. 

Same thing was happening to me! Then I tried putting my buggy stove or oven in storage. I then closed out of RS, waited 5 mintues & went back in. Took the stove & oven out of storage and...good as new!! Even make a successful helping of pudding last night!!!