PDA

View Full Version : New food spoils immediately and the game won't let me clear the flies!!!

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:37 AM
First of all, thank you TeamLava for sending some new food our way. Unfortunately, I put some glazed ham and turkey in my ovens proceeded to tip my neighbors and when I came back all my 6 oven were spoiled. It takes 1 day and 8 hours respectively. PLEASE fix this bug. And NOW it will not allow my to clear the food. THERE ARE FLIES IN MY KITCHEN!!! If the Health Department comes on a flash inspection I'm screwed. It keeps saying that the server is out of sync!!! Also it did not refund the money so I'm out a pretty large amount: $9,900 coins to be exact. Help!!!

Lola
ID: UrSecretLove

PS And now the server is down?!?!?! Come on!!!

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:39 AM
The server came back up again but I still have flies in all my 6 ovens and I can't clear them!!! It's embarrassing... :'(

Lola
ID: UrSecretLove

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:51 AM
Same thing happened to me i left a message on my wall so ppl do not delete me. Also leaving messages to ppl I tip not to cook new food so hopefully it won't happen to them. I hope they fix this soon

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:55 AM
Yup plum pudding is buggy.

Team lava isn't here usually weekend so we may want to hold off cooking new stuff

deadpix
12-18-10, 10:11 AM
You guys might want to try shutting the game down (make sure that it is not running in the background if you're on iOS 4 and above) and starting it up again. This refreshes the data in the game to handle the new stuff.

I had the same issue when I fired up 11 ovens of Roast Turkey. I went to visit a neighbor and when I came back, all turkeys were shown to be "spoiled" with the flies and all. I was going to clear them away in disgust but then decided to try shutting down the game and starting it up again ... it worked! All the "spoiled" turkey turned to pieces of turkey breasts (the first part of the preparation for roast turkey). Tapping these turned them into chestnuts, and tapping them again turned them to roast turkeys.

I've gone to visit the neighbors, ****ed the network to force a "RS is a online game..." error to appear and the roast turkeys are still roasting.

I'll say it again, shutdown your game and then start it up again.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:19 AM
You guys might want to try shutting the game down (make sure that it is not running in the background if you're on iOS 4 and above) and starting it up again. This refreshes the data in the game to handle the new stuff.

I had the same issue when I fired up 11 ovens of Roast Turkey. I went to visit a neighbor and when I came back, all turkeys were shown to be "spoiled" with the flies and all. I was going to clear them away in disgust but then decided to try shutting down the game and starting it up again ... it worked! All the "spoiled" turkey turned to pieces of turkey breasts (the first part of the preparation for roast turkey). Tapping these turned them into chestnuts, and tapping them again turned them to roast turkeys.

I've gone to visit the neighbors, ****ed the network to force a "RS is a online game..." error to appear and the roast turkeys are still roasting.

I'll say it again, shutdown your game and then start it up again.

I tried full close several times, as well as shut down and turn back on three times. No luck. Flies still there

deadpix
12-18-10, 10:37 AM
I tried full close several times, as well as shut down and turn back on three times. No luck. Flies still there

Did you attempt to clear the "spoiled" dishes before doing the restart? I'm not absolutely certain but if you did ... I'm just wondering if that might cause the game to get "stuck".

When you first tried to cook the new dish, did you get to go through the two preparation steps or did it just immediately start cooking the dish? In my case, the roast turkey just started cooking when I selected it from the cookbook. After it "spoiled" and I managed to revive it by restarting, it came back at the first preparation step so that I had to tap the raw turkeys to go through the two steps.

I'm wondering if an attempt to clear the "spoiled" dish may be confusing the game since it is actually in the first preparation stage.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:43 AM
Did you attempt to clear the "spoiled" dishes before doing the restart? I'm not absolutely certain but if you did ... I'm just wondering if that might cause the game to get "stuck".

When you first tried to cook the new dish, did you get to go through the two preparation steps or did it just immediately start cooking the dish? In my case, the roast turkey just started cooking when I selected it from the cookbook. After it "spoiled" and I managed to revive it by restarting, it came back at the first preparation step so that I had to tap the raw turkeys to go through the two steps.

I'm wondering if an attempt to clear the "spoiled" dish may be confusing the game since it is actually in the first preparation stage.

Yes, in my case (Lola) I did go immediately to cooking with no prepping involved which I thought it was weird. I also tried restarting the game fully several times and even turned my phone off (which this being an online game has nothing to do with but desperate times call for desperate measures) and nothing.

deadpix
12-18-10, 10:59 AM
Yes, in my case (Lola) I did go immediately to cooking with no prepping involved which I thought it was weird. I also tried restarting the game fully several times and even turned my phone off (which this being an online game has nothing to do with but desperate times call for desperate measures) and nothing.

Hmmm... strange. Still, despite this being an online game, its client is local to your device and this may hold cached data; if this is corrupted, it may cause all kinds of unexpected issues.

As a last resort, you may wish to try deleting the game client from your phone and reinstalling it. All the "clean" saved data on the server should then be restored to your phone, possibly fixing the error.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 11:08 AM
Hmmm... strange. Still, despite this being an online game, its client is local to your device and this may hold cached data; if this is corrupted, it may cause all kinds of unexpected issues.

As a last resort, you may wish to try deleting the game client from your phone and reinstalling it. All the "clean" saved data on the server should then be restored to your phone, possibly fixing the error.

It worked!!! You are genius!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! I deleted the game and reinstalled it. THANK YOU!!! Are you in Restaurant of Bakery Story? If so, I would love to repay you with daily gifts and tips. My ID is UrSecretLove. My restaurant name is Lola and my bakery is Sweet Thing. If you rather give me your ID and I'll add you... NO MORE FLIES OVER MY OVENS!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

deadpix
12-18-10, 11:18 AM
It worked!!! You are genius!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! I deleted the game and reinstalled it. THANK YOU!!! Are you in Restaurant of Bakery Story? If so, I would love to repay you with daily gifts and tips. My ID is UrSecretLove. My restaurant name is Lola and my bakery is Sweet Thing. If you rather give me your ID and I'll add you... NO MORE FLIES OVER MY OVENS!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Glad it worked :-)

I've invited you in RS :-)

Unregistered
12-18-10, 11:54 AM
Glad it worked :-)

I've invited you in RS :-)

Are you Geri's???

deadpix
12-18-10, 12:22 PM
Are you Geri's???

Yep :-)

><><>><

Unregistered
12-18-10, 12:27 PM
New food spoiled immediately but then i quit app and installed update from dec 15 and restarted app and new food ready to prepare and does not spoil

Unregistered
12-18-10, 12:45 PM

It worked for me too thx so much youre great !!! I was so afraid to delete my game but i took the step and now i can cook again, JIPPIEEEEEEE thanks thanks soooooo much

Greetings from Connie

Unregistered
12-18-10, 01:02 PM
I have a bug... I got today new dishes and started three of them. It was strange because there was only step to prepare (mostly there are two-three steps). Then I installed an update from app store and now all three dishes got two missing steps to prepare... But when I push "prepare" nothing happens, it is still in a preparation. I restart the game and still the same thing :(((

Wine Cellar
12-18-10, 02:14 PM
I too, have the plum pudding issue. Restarting the phone fixed the roast turkey but not the plum pudding. I'm afraid to delete/reinstall! Please fix this game.
Id vinophile

Wine Cellar
12-18-10, 02:17 PM
I too, have the plum pudding issue. Restarting the phone fixed the roast turkey but not the plum pudding. I'm afraid to delete/reinstall! Please fix this game.
Id vinophile
Looks like Norman was posting as I was complaining. The pudding stays in the prep stage. I can tap to prepare and hear chopping sound but it does not progress to the next step.

Unregistered
12-19-10, 01:37 AM
Thank you everyone for reporting these issues, we are currently looking into them. Please continue to provide us with details of the problems, thanks!

I did not have any problems. My plum pudding came out a treat and my turkey is big, beautiful and brown sitting on the counter. Waiting on the ham now. Just for your further info, I am running
I phone 4
IOS 4.2.1
Latest RS update version

Sorry that my fellow players had this problem.

Unregistered
12-19-10, 10:08 AM
My new foods have worked fine, but now problem is that the foods are lasting waaaay too long. Food that I fixed on Friday night, is still there on Sunday morning! Something is seriously wrong compared to how much my customers have always eaten. At this rate, it will take forever to earn coins if the food lasts this long. Anyone else having this problem? It just started Friday.

deadpix
12-20-10, 09:03 AM
My new foods have worked fine, but now problem is that the foods are lasting waaaay too long. Food that I fixed on Friday night, is still there on Sunday morning! Something is seriously wrong compared to how much my customers have always eaten. At this rate, it will take forever to earn coins if the food lasts this long. Anyone else having this problem? It just started Friday.

What do you serve your customers? I serve only 3 dishes, sometimes 4, and on average my restaurant makes between 50K to 60K in 12 hours.