PDA

View Full Version : Second Nest - VS - Second Den...which one is better for the money?

MonkeyMomma76
03-02-13, 01:50 AM
I'm desperately trying to save up for a second den and/or nest. I would love suggestions on which I should invest in first. I'm at level 38 and right now the nest is priced at 250 gold. I'm a little nervous the price will go up :-(( Any long-time players have suggestions? I've only been playing for a few weeks and this is the first game like this I've ever played, so I really need tips on strategy. I've combed the forums for general advice, but with all the different formats, updates, and question marks surrounding possible changes...well, I'm more than a little confused :-((

Basically what I'm looking for is which makes it easier for facilitating breeding? Or should I even bother with them at all? I'm super frustrated at the crazy prices for everything. I mean, honestly, how am I ever going to save up enough for my black habitat? So exasperated!!!

maguar
03-02-13, 01:53 AM
You can only have one den so I guess that means you'll be saving for a second nest :)

doop01
03-02-13, 02:05 AM
If I had looked on the forum earlier I would have learned a few tips so it's a good idea you looking here early :) try to keep the dragons earning the most in the habitats that earn the most. Breed hybrids as fast as you can because they will earn you more. Keep everything you can at first but then sell off duplicates as you breed new ones. Until you get a diamond, the light habitats earn the most so breed as many of those as you can. Breeding with the hybrids also give you a better chance of getting new dragons, so use those. Good luck with your breeding :) it's a great game

NouraMoh
03-02-13, 03:41 AM
Don't worry, you'll earn more coins than you'll ever know what to do with it
I currently have 60 million and that's after spending MILLIONS to feed my Chocolate, Caesar and Topaz

My advice, evolve your dragons to epic form as soon as you can and keep your duplicates until its absolutely nessasary to trade them

Good luck :)

DragonTan1
03-02-13, 01:26 PM
I'm trying to get a second nest too, I completed the Restaurant Story and I need to get to level 22 on Fashion Story to get another 15 gold. Also I'm trying to get the gold on Bubble Mania :P

When I first started I was using the gold to speed up, big mistake lol I would have a second nest by now if I didn't waste them. I have 201 gold now, if you want you can add me and we can gift each day.

I'm not sure how you get food but what I do is plant Buffbeets, then go visit a few friends then go back to repeat. I don't bother wasting coins and time on the other food. Another thing I have started doing is trying to get my super rare dragons maxed out and leaving them in their habitat alone so they can get more coins.

DragonTan1
03-02-13, 01:28 PM
Don't worry, you'll earn more coins than you'll ever know what to do with it
I currently have 60 million and that's after spending MILLIONS to feed my Chocolate, Caesar and Topaz

My advice, evolve your dragons to epic form as soon as you can and keep your duplicates until its absolutely nessasary to trade them

Good luck :)

60 million :O What level are you and how much coins do you get once you collect off all dragons after a few hours?

addictmOde
03-02-13, 02:13 PM
Tough when you just starting, I'm only Level 18. My breed mostly produces duped Firestorm, Life and Island Dragons. I finally got something other then those with Athletic and Fireworks. Need a lot to finish quests. My Landworm Dragon disappeared :(

DragonTan1
03-02-13, 03:06 PM
I've seen players with two breeding dens even though this was suppose to be fixed since all we can have is one. But I respect their island and haven't posted any pics.

I think people who have 2 nests should have the option to buy another breeding den, especially because of how many hours it takes to breed/hatch

tailsprower
03-02-13, 06:31 PM
Tough when you just starting, I'm only Level 18. My breed mostly produces duped Firestorm, Life and Island Dragons. I finally got something other then those with Athletic and Fireworks. Need a lot to finish quests. My Landworm Dragon disappeared :(

Did you trade your landworm ? If so you can't get it back :( . And about the whole starting player thing ? That's how I feel when I started last year but now , I got rarer dragons including diamond if you keep trying :) !

MonkeyMomma76
03-02-13, 08:39 PM
See, all this time I thought the second den was just locked out until I got to a higher level :-(( That kinda sucks though...really slows things down. It's no big deal if you only login a few times a day, but since I play on my phone I check in all throughout the day to collect coins, plant food, visit neighbors, etc. I wish some of the really rare dragons didn't have such INSANELY long breed/hatch/evolve times and high prices. Just for variety sake it would be nice to have a couple that were more affordable. Thanks for all the advice...I have been doing the whole buffbeet/neighbor visit tango but when your habitats are filled with a bunch of commons it's hard to earn the big bucks. And this whole business about earning 20 gold a day from neighbors...Yah, right! I'm lucky if I even get the three back that I send out to people.

brookelynn2006
03-03-13, 06:50 AM
See, all this time I thought the second den was just locked out until I got to a higher level :-(( That kinda sucks though...really slows things down. It's no big deal if you only login a few times a day, but since I play on my phone I check in all throughout the day to collect coins, plant food, visit neighbors, etc. I wish some of the really rare dragons didn't have such INSANELY long breed/hatch/evolve times and high prices. Just for variety sake it would be nice to have a couple that were more affordable. Thanks for all the advice...I have been doing the whole buffbeet/neighbor visit tango but when your habitats are filled with a bunch of commons it's hard to earn the big bucks. And this whole business about earning 20 gold a day from neighbors...Yah, right! I'm lucky if I even get the three back that I send out to people.

I felt he same way but now I get 8-12 gold every day here's what I did... Every island you go to put you storm I'd and ask to add then eventually you get tons of neighbors and get gold more often but you need lots more i have 500 or so and get a bit of gold :/

MonkeyMomma76
03-04-13, 08:39 AM
Here's a perfect example of why I NEEEEEEEED a second nest:
I bred two Coral's back to back and then I got a Night on my third try (Yay!!!) The hard part was not having enough coins for the habitat, so the poor little egg was stuck in his nest for several hours while I saved up. While that happened I stuck a four-color combo to try for Diamond again, and guess what...23 hour breed time?!?!? Unreal :-// it'll take me days to save up 2 million but I don't want to waste the money of buying another small habitat.
So that is all weird, but the next part is downright freaky. I put another (different) 4-color combo in the den and BAM!!! 23 hours AGAIN!!! I was like, what?!?!? I thought for SURE I didn't put blue or purple in there because I specifically didn't want another Night right now (so weird to even hear myself saying this) and when I double checked I figured it must be Caesar. It better be, because if not I am totally screwed :-//

addictmOde
03-04-13, 09:07 AM
Question... You can pretty much tell which egg you'll have by the breeding time?

brandonu
03-04-13, 09:38 AM
Question... You can pretty much tell which egg you'll have by the breeding time?

For the most part , yes. It gets a little confusing if you are using 3 or more elements. This chart is a great reference.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35073-Dragon-Story-Inventory-Chart-Checklist

The_Sicilian
03-04-13, 09:48 AM
I felt he same way but now I get 8-12 gold every day here's what I did... Every island you go to put you storm I'd and ask to add then eventually you get tons of neighbors and get gold more often but you need lots more i have 500 or so and get a bit of gold :/

I thought these kids restricted the game to only allow three gold to send and three gold to receive a day, and no duplicate sending.

addictmOde
03-04-13, 09:53 AM
Well I can't remember if it was 21 hours or 22 hours. I think its Mind volt.

addictmOde
03-04-13, 09:56 AM
I thought these kids restricted the game to only allow three gold to send and three gold to receive a day, and no duplicate sending.

He/she is talking about receiving Coins or Exp.

DragonTan1
03-04-13, 11:41 AM
I need 40 gold for another nest, it would save a lot of time... I don't think I'll try for a 3rd nest but we'll see.

brandonu
03-04-13, 12:22 PM
He/she is talking about receiving Coins or Exp.

Pretty sure they are talking about gold. You can send 3/day, but you can receive more than that. I can't remember the limit as on a really good day I might receive "only" 6.

addictmOde
03-04-13, 02:21 PM
I think you can receive more gold, I went to bed lastnite with like 3 or 4 gold, after I logged in I had 14.

sollia
03-04-13, 02:49 PM
Here's a perfect example of why I NEEEEEEEED a second nest:
I bred two Coral's back to back and then I got a Night on my third try (Yay!!!) The hard part was not having enough coins for the habitat, so the poor little egg was stuck in his nest for several hours while I saved up. While that happened I stuck a four-color combo to try for Diamond again, and guess what...23 hour breed time?!?!? Unreal :-// it'll take me days to save up 2 million but I don't want to waste the money of buying another small habitat.
So that is all weird, but the next part is downright freaky. I put another (different) 4-color combo in the den and BAM!!! 23 hours AGAIN!!! I was like, what?!?!? I thought for SURE I didn't put blue or purple in there because I specifically didn't want another Night right now (so weird to even hear myself saying this) and when I double checked I figured it must be Caesar. It better be, because if not I am totally screwed :-//

Well save up and you can get another nest.
BTW, if you think 23 hours is long, wait till you really get that Diamond. Or Pegasus. Or Titan.

RotomGuy
03-04-13, 02:51 PM
Well save up and you can get another nest.
BTW, if you think 23 hours is long, wait till you really get that Diamond. Or Pegasus. Or Titan.
Or Virute.

NouraMoh
03-04-13, 02:51 PM
I think people who have 2 nests should have the option to buy another breeding den, especially because of how many hours it takes to breed/hatch

Thank you so much for that :)
I bought 4 nests, I feel I deserve a second den!

sollia
03-04-13, 02:54 PM
Ah yep I forgot about Virtue! And I totally forgot about the Diamond hybrids too!
The wait can be annoying but it's how it is. If you want to speed it up so much you'll have to use gold.

tailsprower
03-05-13, 12:14 AM
Ah yep I forgot about Virtue! And I totally forgot about the Diamond hybrids too!
The wait can be annoying but it's how it is. If you want to speed it up so much you'll have to use gold.

Don't forget stupid sunrise :) !

DragonHeart0
03-05-13, 03:30 AM
I have come to the conclusion that the best place for me to use gold is to speed up evolutions - I just can't keep up on that front!! another evolution temple would be awesome ✨✨��✨✨

DragonTan1
03-05-13, 04:28 AM
I got my second nest ^_^

NouraMoh
03-05-13, 06:06 AM
Congrats DragonTan1 :)
Real happy for you

About gold.. You can send only 3 per day but can receive up to 20 max

kms899
03-05-13, 06:13 AM
How do you request people to send gold, I just receive request for anything and I just agree to all of them.

kwhales
03-05-13, 06:24 AM
How do you request people to send gold, I just receive request for anything and I just agree to all of them.

You need to write on their walls. Remember, they can only send three golds per day. If they have alot of neighbors, you may not get one routinely. Some people work their way up from the bottom of the list and give in order of received.

kms899
03-05-13, 06:27 AM
You need to write on their walls. Remember, they can only send three golds per day. If they have alot of neighbors, you may not get one routinely. Some people work their way up from the bottom of the list and give in order of received.

thanks

DragonTan1
03-05-13, 02:48 PM
Congrats DragonTan1 :)
Real happy for you

About gold.. You can send only 3 per day but can receive up to 20 max

Thanks, I might try and get a 3rd nest but 2 is more than enough for me.. for now anyway :)

chefline
03-05-13, 09:05 PM
I think people who have 2 nests shoul,d have the option to buy another breeding den, especially because of how many hours it takes to breed/hatch

lots of my nbrs & I have 2 nests (we are IOS & android players!) but never have 2 dens.
btw if you use your habitats wisely, then it'll be easy to get millions especially when your level is high (the highest level is 94), you may visit my island by adding my id 'chefline'. I also play bakery, resto and else (all above level 60).

DragonTan1
03-05-13, 09:14 PM
lots of my nbrs & I have 2 nests (we are IOS & android players!) but never have 2 dens.
btw if you use your habitats wisely, then it'll be easy to get millions especially when your level is high (the highest level is 94), you may visit my island by adding my id 'chefline'. I also play bakery, resto and else (all above level 60).

Thanks, I just sent an invite. I'm still new and got a lot to learn lol I have an Epic Elf and I put him on a big yellow habitat so I'm kind of getting the hang of it ;)