PDA

View Full Version : March Content Update - Teasers & Info!

GTMoney
03-01-13, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

We will be putting out the next content update for Castle Story sometime in early March. (Hopefully the end of the first week.) As always, I wanted to give you a sneak peak of some of the fun things we have planned.

This is just the first in a series of content updates throughout March, which will add additional buildings, items, and quest content to Castle Story.

So, without further ado:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2087/marchteaser2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/marchteaser2.jpg/)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/213/marchteaser1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/marchteaser1.jpg/)

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2691/marchteaser3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/marchteaser3.jpg/)

OpeningCeremony
03-01-13, 04:26 PM
yay!! i'm very excited! i still don't have an alicorn.. but i hope this next update has expansion opportunities. i'm about to max out on wisp lanterns!!

maguar
03-01-13, 04:29 PM
Oh I can't wait for those! They look so good.

Any chance well get some expansions to make room for them?

GTMoney
03-01-13, 04:32 PM
Oh I can't wait for those! They look so good.

Any chance well get some expansions to make room for them?

There are no plans to open additional expansions in March, but new expansions will probably be opened in April as part of an update that will add a new character and associated quests and storyline.

maguar
03-01-13, 04:41 PM
Another update to look forward to. Thanks for getting the info out to us in advance and thanks for including items from the polls and suggestion threads.

mamareader02
03-01-13, 05:17 PM
Whoooooohooooo!(can I please get that horn??!!!!)manor is awesome!

dng1234
03-01-13, 05:20 PM
I just want to say thanks to all the team lava staff. Of all the games I've played this company has been the best at being helpful and providing information about their games. It's gives you (or at least it does for me) the feeling that TL actually cares about its players. �� Thank you! ��

cast1532
03-01-13, 05:22 PM
What levels are consider high level players?

GTMoney
03-01-13, 05:28 PM
What levels are consider high level players?

The Amphitheatre will have a higher level requirement than the Cathedral, which was previously the highest at LV 22. We believe it's good for the game if players who reach high levels are rewarded with more construction options. ;D

maguar
03-01-13, 05:41 PM
And is level 30 still going to be the highest level? (Fingers crossed for an increase and pretty please for good measure)

GTMoney
03-01-13, 05:55 PM
And is level 30 still going to be the highest level? (Fingers crossed for an increase and pretty please for good measure)

Increasing the level cap is something we want to explore down the road, but it doesn't have an official timetable right now.

maguar
03-01-13, 05:57 PM
Fair enough. Thanks for letting us know :)

thatgirl444
03-01-13, 06:43 PM
wow...i cant wait...everything is so magical....you guys have the best graphic designers

cast1532
03-01-13, 06:44 PM
The Amphitheatre will have a higher level requirement than the Cathedral, which was previously the highest at LV 22. We believe it's good for the game if players who reach high levels are rewarded with more construction options. ;D

Thank you. I'm really close to level 26. So, I'm good...for now.

amasfarm
03-01-13, 07:47 PM
I hope the new update will give us the possibility to expand because we' ll need place for the new buildings, and please don't make it so difficult to have the Alicorn's parts.

maguar
03-01-13, 08:37 PM
No expansions for this one

There are no plans to open additional expansions in March, but new expansions will probably be opened in April as part of an update that will add a new character and associated quests and storyline.

blurbie
03-01-13, 08:47 PM
Yay! New buildings!

I for one do Not want it to be easy to get the Alicorn because we have topped out on the story line and we need something to do while we wait.

I wonder how we will fit more stuff into our full kingdoms! I want my buildings all updated to the max, so everything is out. It's pretty full.

listh12
03-01-13, 09:21 PM
Wow, another update! This looks so good. Thanks.

Rockinkitten
03-02-13, 01:41 AM
I might chop all my trees down to make room, and put craft buildings in storage as ik not using some of them very much. Desperately out of room! The new buildings look gorgeous.

mymummy789
03-02-13, 03:21 AM
yippee!!! End of first week in march is my birthday - what a lovely birthday pressie it will be if this arrives on schedule :D

thatgirl444
03-02-13, 05:11 AM
Question...lets say i have a building at a max level...if I store it and then take it out..will it still be max level?

wassupbaby
03-02-13, 05:25 AM
Question...lets say i have a building at a max level...if I store it and then take it out..will it still be max level?

Yes, it stays the same , dont worry.

wassupbaby
03-02-13, 05:27 AM
WOW that's was fast. I thought it would take longer for next update , but what the hell , love itttt =]]

Rockinkitten
03-02-13, 05:34 AM
Will the inventory be sorted out? It gets frustrating having to scroll all the way to the end to check how many crops or blocks I have of a certain kind.

CatLadyy
03-02-13, 06:45 AM
Love it! Can't wait.
Thanks for letting us know about the update!

maggieyyli
03-02-13, 11:01 AM
Glad to get this! But I still can't find some Valentine quests. Though the V's day items will be removed later, the quests, however, once given, wouldn't be expired, right?

wassupbaby
03-02-13, 11:09 AM
Glad to get this! But I still can't find some Valentine quests. Though the V's day items will be removed later, the quests, however, once given, wouldn't be expired, right?

Check out this thread : http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46262-Valentine-s-Day-Event-Information

CottageRose
03-02-13, 11:22 AM
Thank heavens I still have most of the the expansions on the SE border to unlock, one to the NE side, and a couple on the NW.

I will need to shift things around to preserve my kingdom's neighborhoods, but I am looking forward to this greatly, having only the Alicorn left to chase. Now to start planning my redesign. :)

dinendash7474
03-02-13, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=GTMoney;557185]Hi all,

We will be putting out the next content update for Castle Story sometime in early March. (Hopefully the end of the first week.) As always, I wanted to give you a sneak peak of some of the fun things we have planned.

This is just the first in a series of content updates throughout March, which will add additional buildings, items, and quest content to Castle Story.

THANKS for the info GTMoney. Its nice that with this game there's no messing around with info, this is what is coming and this is what's not. Glad to see new updates and buildings are coming. Loved the Valentine update and just need the horn and wing and I will be done. Good mix of goals and content. Nice Job!!!

konstans07
03-02-13, 01:37 PM
Wow can't wait! Excellent TL team!!!
Although hopefully we can expand more if u update it on April cause there is no space at all to place all these beautiful things !!xxx

midnightmeerkat
03-02-13, 04:49 PM
Yay! Great job TL - looking forward to the updates

elaur
03-02-13, 06:47 PM
So exciting!!

cymoril69
03-02-13, 07:25 PM
TL, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!! And I know the Hairy Princess will be here soon!! Can't wait!! :)

xfphua
03-03-13, 12:51 AM
That is great to have so many update on it, I am sure that is the reason I put some real money for supporting TL.

Mudturtledove
03-03-13, 10:34 AM
YEAH!!!!! I love the new items and am so excited for more, more, more!! Thank you so much for adding to the game. It is super fun and I am completely addicted.

Mylly2
03-03-13, 02:03 PM
Looking forward to the update.
Will it be an automatic update, or do we need to keep an eye out? Which version should we play on when the new update arrives, Valentine or original?

NayanPrakash
03-04-13, 06:29 AM
I'm so happy about this new updateeverything looks so good!I just hope we finally get a use for big ruby, fey crystal, etc. And I also hope I'm able to complete the Valentine version's quests in time! Thanks TL for your amazing game

lotuskat
03-04-13, 09:57 AM
I'm loving both the manor and the amphitheatre! I just gotta make room for them!

jaybay1147
03-04-13, 12:36 PM
WoHooo!

parlski
03-04-13, 06:20 PM
how do you make my favourite game more appealing? you just have

wassupbaby
03-04-13, 06:38 PM
I just wonder why CS doesnt have a teaser in Updates box like other TL's games :S

kikilicious74
03-04-13, 10:12 PM
When is this going to happen??

midnightmeerkat
03-05-13, 04:02 AM
When is this going to happen??

Hi all,

We will be putting out the next content update for Castle Story sometime in early March. (Hopefully the end of the first week.)

From Post 1

onemansmiracle
03-05-13, 08:39 AM
Oh,lord!! New royal buildings,should I be glad or worried??you see,I have maxed in royal buildings with tons of cathedrals,which means I have to tear a few down for the space of lower-leveled new buildings?i am sure they are quest-related. Why not increase simultaneously the building limits while increase new types,or it's a new strategy for us higher-leveled players to un-do our endeavor and re-do all over again? Oh,I am happy for the update,really I am.....finger-crossed..

turtle805
03-05-13, 10:50 AM
So what happens to all of the Valentines content (towers, walls, etc.) when a new edition comes out?

midnightmeerkat
03-05-13, 12:12 PM
So what happens to all of the Valentines content (towers, walls, etc.) when a new edition comes out?

Anything you have built/bought you get to keep and you can also craft more in the love shack..... They will let us know when the valentines stuff will be deleted from the market.

pavetrooper
03-05-13, 04:02 PM
Is there a reason why we can not build two love shacks, since it does so much (cooking, potions, forging, workshop).

vchanhs
03-05-13, 05:43 PM
Oh,lord!! New royal buildings,should I be glad or worried??you see,I have maxed in royal buildings with tons of cathedrals,which means I have to tear a few down for the space of lower-leveled new buildings?i am sure they are quest-related. Why not increase simultaneously the building limits while increase new types,or it's a new strategy for us higher-leveled players to un-do our endeavor and re-do all over again? Oh,I am happy for the update,really I am.....finger-crossed..

What is the max number of royal buildings at level 30?

vchanhs
03-05-13, 05:44 PM
Is there a reason why we can not build two love shacks, since it does so much (cooking, potions, forging, workshop).

When you have done all the valentine stuff, it will sit there idling. Mine did nothing except to clear my overflowing chocolate stuff.

eastie41
03-05-13, 10:59 PM
Expansion disappeared!

Hi, the signposts for expanding have disappeared on my game. I deleted it and re-installed it. I have 3 more expansions to do. What can I do?

Thanks!

onemansmiracle
03-05-13, 11:45 PM
What is the max number of royal buildings at level 30?

If I didn't miscount,it's 24.. So limited is the number.

Rockinkitten
03-06-13, 12:13 AM
Expansion disappeared!

Hi, the signposts for expanding have disappeared on my game. I deleted it and re-installed it. I have 3 more expansions to do. What can I do?

Thanks!

You can expand by clicking on "market". There's an option to expand next to your inventory.

eastie41
03-06-13, 12:38 AM
Thanks! I didn't notice that. Appreciate your help. :)

eastie41
03-06-13, 12:39 AM
You can expand by clicking on "market". There's an option to expand next to your inventory.

Thanks~ Appreciate your help. :)

Baraze
03-06-13, 12:46 AM
Oh, i love the new items! I need to start planting more carrots and stop expansions for now. I just know the buildings will be expensive. Cant wait!

MonkeyMomma76
03-06-13, 01:45 AM
As a total Drama Geek I am very excited to get the amphitheater. The drama masks are a bit garish, but I'll take what I can get. Would've been nicer if it looked more like the Old Globe ;-))

Em_storm
03-06-13, 09:12 AM
And there was much rejoicing...

laurelsail
03-06-13, 12:39 PM
Pretty please with a cherry on top for expansions soon!!!

BIGG167
03-06-13, 02:02 PM
they look like real photos! Cool!

mamareader02
03-07-13, 01:58 PM
Really hope we get the new update tomorrow-it's the end of the first week,and TMZ was hopeful we'd get it by then!

GTMoney
03-07-13, 03:05 PM
Really hope we get the new update tomorrow-it's the end of the first week,and TMZ was hopeful we'd get it by then!

Unfortunately due to some unforeseen delays, the release of this update is being pushed back to next week. *frown* I'm sorry everyone- we will get this out to you as soon as we can.

maguar
03-07-13, 03:33 PM
Thanks for letting us know GTMoney

wassupbaby
03-07-13, 03:45 PM
Awww , i was soo looking forward to it :(

habanero89
03-08-13, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know if they've decreased the drop rate for pink jewels again? :s after the mini update I got loads more pink jewels but in the past week Ive been constantly mining for them and not found a single one!

maguar
03-08-13, 04:19 PM
I have a main account and I've just started a secondary account. My main account doesn't seem to get that many. My secondary account is up to 13 and I'm only on level 12. I think there's a bit of luck (or lack of it) going on.

cymoril69
03-08-13, 08:11 PM
When I reallllly wanted pink jewels I never seemed to get any. Now that I don't really want them I seem to get them alot more. :) Just "pretend" you don't want anymore. :) Not sure that helps. lol Good luck! :)

aimeeq
03-08-13, 09:08 PM
Lol! That's how everything is, easy to get when you don't need it. Except for wood products! I am always scrambling for that. I throw in some stone stuff to keep the inventory just low enough to not max out. And fill in with earth wisp when ever possible since I am at max expansion

When I reallllly wanted pink jewels I never seemed to get any. Now that I don't really want them I seem to get them alot more. :) Just "pretend" you don't want anymore. :) Not sure that helps. lol Good luck! :)

sluppies
03-09-13, 06:26 AM

Like your thinking. Think I will try that myself. Lol.

habanero89
03-09-13, 04:16 PM

LOL Ill give it a go, can't hurt!

habanero89
03-09-13, 04:17 PM
I have a main account and I've just started a secondary account. My main account doesn't seem to get that many. My secondary account is up to 13 and I'm only on level 12. I think there's a bit of luck (or lack of it) going on.
That's quite interesting to note, I guess it is just down to my poor luck atm!

Fomomo
03-09-13, 10:19 PM
I am done with all the quests in the valentines edition and have so many pink gems sitting around. It would be nice it could be included in the gift list, so that those who do not have enough gems could still finish quests before the valentines event ends.

wassupbaby
03-10-13, 03:03 AM
After V-edition ends, pink jewel and other stuff will be craftable in the Love shack. Maybe it'll be easier to craft it than spending energy on mining rocks and hoping to get pink jewel.

Anyuszko
03-10-13, 03:14 AM
For me it says theres a maintenance going on. Maybe we get the update in a few mins?

david0207
03-10-13, 03:18 AM
For me it says theres a maintenance going on. Maybe we get the update in a few mins?

There's a maintenance in all TL games so i doubt that CS update is the reason......

onemansmiracle
03-10-13, 03:18 AM

Yes,it's likely something new added ;)

maguar
03-10-13, 03:27 AM
The games are down while TL is doing maintainance. You can get more info in this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47789-Scheduled-Maintenance-3-10-2013).

iLLUMI2012
03-10-13, 05:22 AM
Easter Edition: Can't wait! ;)

vednir
03-10-13, 02:28 PM
That one more week will give everyone more time to stock up on all of the building supplies and coins the new buildings will likely take.

banana_leaf
03-11-13, 03:01 AM
I wonder if i should continue to play with my Valentine edition, or go back to original edition?
dont wanna miss this update a bit!

Em_storm
03-11-13, 10:07 AM
So if we're getting an amphitheater can we expect the much anticipated sequel to Sir Swagger?

julestore
03-11-13, 04:29 PM
we need more space first before the introduction of any new items! that should be the main concern. i reached the expansion limit and know that many others lack space as well. i also don't understand why there are still "expand here to claim your reward"-items when it is impossible to expand any further. please explain to us, your customers. thanks!

maguar
03-11-13, 04:35 PM
we need more space first before the introduction of any new items! that should be the main concern. i reached the expansion limit and know that many others lack space as well. i also don't understand why there are still "expand here to claim your reward"-items when it is impossible to expand any further. please explain to us, your customers. thanks!

Responded in another thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43161-Expansion-of-Castle-Story&p=565779&viewfull=1#post565779)

vchanhs
03-11-13, 05:36 PM
So if we're getting an amphitheater can we expect the much anticipated sequel to Sir Swagger?

Sure....next valentine day...lol...

Em_storm
03-13-13, 03:31 PM
Sure....next valentine day...lol...

Ha! I'll try to be patient... :)

freesiawoods
03-15-13, 12:28 AM
The new things are all beautiful. This game has fantastic graphics.

elaur
03-15-13, 08:32 AM
I got the royal manor. I hope the higher levels are more exciting. It's just coins for a 4x4 spot. :/

sluppies
03-20-13, 03:10 PM
Is it just me or was anyone else disappointed with the long awaited update? Haven't bothered buying new buildings as don't see there is much point for no rewards. Hope we get a decent update with goals when we get our next update....whenever that may be?

wassupbaby
03-20-13, 03:26 PM
To be honest , im not disappointed but not really excited about this update. GT has said there will be new quests coming in march update but so far ... Not thing.

babman
03-21-13, 01:31 AM
Is it just me or was anyone else disappointed with the long awaited update? Haven't bothered buying new buildings as don't see there is much point for no rewards. Hope we get a decent update with goals when we get our next update....whenever that may be?

Stop complaining!
We got a HUGE theater noone had any place where to put. It had to be made of ALOT of fur which now will keep us buzy ****ing skunks/tigers/trolls that herass us when looting for a looong time.
We didnt get any posibilities to use all the stored wisps lanterns we all have stored.
We didnt get any new quests, instead we now have the possiblity to make our own. I am collecting Loversgate, i want 99. I now have 20, unfortunally i only have room for 9 in my village atm (:
We can now all watch at the 99 Magic fruit and 99 Glimmerbulbs we have stored with absolutly no use wondering why they made that for us in the first place.
Some of us have made a bunch of syrup before they decided to delete that recipie. Those that had them made can sit back, relax and wonder what will be made of them.
And what about that cabbage? What will be made of that? Will ever something be made at all or will it get spoiled?

Cant u see Teamlava do whatever they can to make us buzy thinking what their next move will be (or if there will be any move at all :p).

If u get bored u can always buy yreself a Royal Manor, store it and start to think about howto get a place to put the 4x4 piece into yre already crowded kingdom. That should make u less bored waiting for an update that never come... (:

mymummy789
03-21-13, 03:53 AM

just thought I would bump this. Castle Story is a game where patience is required. I am still loving the game just as much as when I first started playing. My current goal is trying to lure furry beasties so I can build my ampitheatre - only 35 skins to go!!!

vchanhs
03-21-13, 04:53 AM
just thought I would bump this. Castle Story is a game where patience is required. I am still loving the game just as much as when I first started playing. My current goal is trying to lure furry beasties so I can build my ampitheatre - only 35 skins to go!!!

I have 99 furs but no money to buy amphitheater....zzz

wassupbaby
03-21-13, 04:48 PM
I already had 1 amphitheater . Now im having a hard time collecting fur to build the 2nd. But no hurry :)

blurbie
03-23-13, 08:50 PM
Sadly, I still lack half the furs to finish my amphitheatre. But good things are worth waiting for!

ladymarygrantham
04-02-13, 11:49 PM
So sad, I keep sending my knights out but they haven't returned with any of the new decor items from this update. The pumpkin hutch and scarecrow are so cute!!! But perhaps they're only made cuter b/c you can't craft or purchase them. Hope prevails! Quest on!

freesiawoods
04-04-13, 07:52 PM
Lately my adventures have also been fruitless. Not even a mystery box for over a week except for one dark cave formation. I wonder the new items have been made more rare. Kind of frustrating.

sluppies
04-04-13, 10:45 PM
Lately my adventures have also been fruitless. Not even a mystery box for over a week except for one dark cave formation. I wonder the new items have been made more rare. Kind of frustrating.

Yes I agree with you. Sent my knights out every day and they are bringing nothing much back. It takes so long to craft the lumin essence to send them and not worth the return.

freesiawoods
04-05-13, 03:58 AM
Yes I agree with you. Sent my knights out every day and they are bringing nothing much back. It takes so long to craft the lumin essence to send them and not worth the return.

The spicy feast is a lot of work too.

lotuskat
04-05-13, 07:18 AM
So far the Bandits adventure has been the most fruitful for me. I got a few old benches and a camp fire in addition to the usual random stuff.

sdwombat
04-05-13, 08:09 AM
So far the Bandits adventure has been the most fruitful for me. I got a few old benches and a camp fire in addition to the usual random stuff.

Same here except for sacred wing & sacred horn received through the Search the Ancient Vault Adventure.

elaur
04-05-13, 09:40 AM
It seems to me if I switch up what adventure I'm doing I tend to get better stuff. Maybe it's a castle story legend. (Like an urban legend)

bowlfullofcherries
04-05-13, 01:57 PM
I just came back from bandits adventure and received a royal block nine energy and 3000 coins. I'm really hoping it was a glitch.

wassupbaby
04-05-13, 02:29 PM
I just came back from bandits adventure and received a royal block nine energy and 3000 coins. I'm really hoping it was a glitch.

Why would you think so ?

vchanhs
04-05-13, 06:22 PM
So when is the next update?

bowlfullofcherries
04-06-13, 01:09 PM
Never had such a poor return. Have you?

wassupbaby
04-06-13, 01:14 PM
Many times -.-

bowlfullofcherries
04-06-13, 05:34 PM
Bummer.

tookadee
04-06-13, 08:37 PM
I can't get the amphitheater, frustrated as what to do to "level"...any advice?

maguar
04-07-13, 04:34 AM
I can't get the amphitheater, frustrated as what to do to "level"...any advice?

If you're not at the level it will be greyed out and say a level. If you don't see that but get a message that you've got too many buildings and need to level up you'll need to see a royal building.

tookadee
04-07-13, 06:37 PM
I'm at level 30, do I need to decrease royal points? Goal for baron chateau is unlocked but I get the message that I have to level up. Do I need to sell royals?

blurbie
04-08-13, 01:02 AM
It seems to me if I switch up what adventure I'm doing I tend to get better stuff. Maybe it's a castle story legend. (Like an urban legend)

Agreed! This is my experience, too. I rarely do the dark caves because it is too expensive to do daily. But I get good stuff half the time!

tookadee
04-08-13, 05:24 PM
Can I store royal bldg or have to sell? Do you know to what RP?

freesiawoods
04-08-13, 07:12 PM
Still no mystery box from adventures but have been getting gems every few days which is great too. Bandits one dropped five gems today and purple cow dropped gems twice this week. Luck with golden apple is still pending though.

vchanhs
04-08-13, 07:42 PM
Can I store royal bldg or have to sell? Do you know to what RP?

You need to sell the buildings. At level 30, you can only have 24 or 26 (I forgot) royal buildings. Best to sell watch tower, lantern spire or love spire. You can check the number of royal buildings you have by looking at your profile.

ladymarygrantham
04-08-13, 11:10 PM
Agreed! This is my experience, too. I rarely do the dark caves because it is too expensive to do daily. But I get good stuff half the time!

I'm going to try this and see if I get lucky! So far I haven't had any special crate booty apart from a cutie valentine sheep. Scarecrow, campfire, carriage, bench, pumpkin hutch, HARRRRRRR Bandits, I'm gonna get you!!

tookadee
04-09-13, 04:01 AM
You need to sell the buildings. At level 30, you can only have 24 or 26 (I forgot) royal buildings. Best to sell watch tower, lantern spire or love spire. You can check the number of royal buildings you have by looking at your profile.

Thanks