PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE...level 84.

mam2pugs
02-28-13, 04:34 AM
I'm begging for some advice on level 84. If I could bake you cookies I would. :o

kwhung
02-28-13, 07:59 PM
Combine blaster & bomb, or diamond & diaomond will help :)

fitfunsparkle
02-28-13, 09:38 PM
Diamond with blasters in the right place is a good way. I completed the level that way. But when i came back later that day it had reverted and said i hadnt finished the level! Hope it doesnt take another two weeks lol.

mam2pugs
03-01-13, 04:34 PM
It's taken me longer than two weeks! And, I've tried the combining strategy numerous times. Ugh! Thanks for the help though. I just didn't know if there was a rhyme or reason to how the replacement jewels fell in (i.e. If by eliminating a red makes a red fall in,) because I have figured none out! It is driving me batty, so kudos to teamlava if that was their agenda.

mam2pugs
03-06-13, 05:46 AM
COMPLETED! Thank goodness. Although, I feel like I'm in the same boat with level 85. Lol

fitfunsparkle
03-08-13, 01:37 PM
Congrats! I made it this week too. Now i am stuck on 87.

lovlielizz
03-12-13, 06:24 AM
Im also stuck on 87. I get to 14 or 15 clear SOMETIMES but it seems nigh on impossible! Any tips?

fitfunsparkle
03-14-13, 05:47 PM
87 is pure luck or the willingness to buy lots of gold for extra moves. I am not willing lol, so i had to depend on pure luck. You have to get set up right away with moves that break the boxes. I know if i do three moves initially with no breaks that i wont win the level. I finally made it the other night, i got immediate matches next to the boxes and managed to get two diamonds to combine with a blaster. There was no s**** involved, just a good setup at the start. The next few levels were easy compared to that one!

Leire22
04-21-13, 04:44 AM
Any chance to make 84 without bonuses?

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 10:28 PM
Any chance to make 84 without bonuses?
Absolutely! I never buy boosts, and it sounds like many of the other posters at this forum are successful without them, as well. I'm stuck on 102 right now (need every energy, or I'd play 84 again to help remember my strategy.) I do remember this one was tough, though; I was stuck there for awhile!

I think I remember trying to make vertical matches to the left & right side (to make the ice tiles fall down so they're easier to change to a color & clear.) Column (vertical) blasters are needed for the 2nd & 3rd-rows-in on each side. (Make 4-gem horizontal matches to create vertical blasters.) If you can make diamonds, swap with a blaster (color you have the most of.) It will turn every jewel of the blaster's color into a blaster, which will hopefully knock out those pesky ice/glass blocks! Good luck!

BTW, there may be more info/help at the Forbidden Headland (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45995-Forbidden-Headland-Levels-79-84) thread...

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 11:36 PM
87 is pure luck or (...) You have to get set up right away with moves that break the boxes. I know if i do three moves initially with no breaks that i wont win the level. I (...) matches next to the boxes and managed to get two diamonds to combine with a blaster. There was no s**** involved, just a good setup at the start. (...)

If you don't get the setup you want, just restart the level. If you don't touch the board, you won't lose an energy (even on timed levels!) This is really helpful on tricky levels with small amount of moves or time...