PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I should be flattered or not...

xoxjenn
02-26-13, 04:18 PM
So I was just randomly tipping my neighbors & came across a neighbor who is copying my bakery! Everything he/she has that I have, is in the SAME exact spot. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? o.O Lol.

thatgirl444
02-26-13, 04:28 PM
Ohh how sweet...lol..tell them you love their bakery and ask them what inspired their bakery design :)

thatgirl444
02-26-13, 04:30 PM
but I think you should be flattered...you're obviously doing something right :)

xoxjenn
02-26-13, 04:30 PM
Ohh how sweet...lol..tell them you love their bakery and ask them what inspired their bakery design :)

Lol. My bakery isn't even that cool... It's honestly kind of a mess... Oh welllll.

thatgirl444
02-26-13, 04:35 PM
Im so tempted to look..hehe...can i have a peek? You dont have to accept the request :)

xoxjenn
02-26-13, 04:42 PM
Im so tempted to look..hehe...can i have a peek? You dont have to accept the request :)

Go ahead. :p

minidemon88
02-27-13, 01:37 AM
Sorry to heard that happened to you. It happened to me once before. A previous ex-neighbor of mine copied the exact tables, chairs and cashier layout of mine. Her bakery doesn't look like this when I accepted her friend invitation. Then after a day or two, I went back to her bakery to return tips and saw the new changes. Her tables, chairs and cashier layout looks exactly like mine. =.=" Was quite surprised but I didn't confront her or anything. I just posted a unhappy comment on my wall to let my neighbors know about it. XD Then just deleted her away after a few days when she still didn't change her design.

I think it's about a week or less, then I noticed she changed to another new design.

darcyknightley
02-27-13, 08:13 AM
Go ahead. :p

I added u 2 look@ ur bakery 2. U can accept or decline. Ur bakery is cute! And I'm posting a pic of it so people don't have 2 keep inviting u lol!

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/rose_pnut/63ce5edcc691e0b8ec8523ed9c5f436d_zps84fdbd78.jpg

xoxjenn
02-27-13, 08:52 AM
Here is the other persons bakery, lol. I deleted the name. She already deleted me as a friend, because I commented her & said our bakeries look a lot alike. Lol. o.O

http://i.imgur.com/C8wsQLI.png

minidemon88
02-28-13, 01:23 AM
It's quite irritating how someone can be so uncreative to go and copied someone's else designs!

@xoxjenn: Your designs looks much nicer than the copycat! XD

rainedrop101
02-28-13, 08:43 AM
Sometimes I find myself inspired by a neighbors shop but I wouldn't copy it or even make it similar because yeah it kinda is annoying to find someone has copied me.

xoxjenn
02-28-13, 12:01 PM
Sometimes I find myself inspired by a neighbors shop but I wouldn't copy it or even make it similar because yeah it kinda is annoying to find someone has copied me.

I definitely get inspired by my neighbors, too, but I would never copy their full bakery. :p Or exact spots, exact items.

nomicrophone
03-03-13, 03:52 PM

I definitely get inspired by my neighbors, too, but I would never copy their full bakery. :p Or exact spots, exact items.

Agreed!!! Geez that's crazy...

nomicrophone
03-03-13, 03:54 PM
Here is the other persons bakery, lol. I deleted the name. She already deleted me as a friend, because I commented her & said our bakeries look a lot alike. Lol. o.O

Lollll! Wow that is so lame of her

islanddoll1
03-04-13, 09:40 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I don't remember the exact name of the bakery, I ended up removing her. When I visited her to tip I thought i was in my own bakery. It was exactly the same and so annoying and uncreative! I could understand taking the concept of the different rooms or maybe the color scheme but my entire bakery?? Come on!

saucysammis
03-04-13, 10:19 AM
It's only exciting for a few minutes to have your bakery designed exactly as someone elses! just take a picture if you want to remember a beautiful set up.

That said, I'd be flattered if someone copied my bakery. Usually someone copies a layout and/or color scheme as a preliminary model for something completely different.

Once I placed a couple staircase designs in my already laid out bakery because I saw in another bakery how well they complemented the similar design, but I didn't keep them long. I redesign every month or two.

jellypie200
05-26-13, 02:44 PM
You should be flattered they just love your designs in your bakery even I love it

bellaaking
06-02-13, 04:47 PM
It's quite irritating how someone can be so uncreative to go and copied someone's else designs!

@xoxjenn: Your designs looks much nicer than the copycat! XD
Agreed

cherryberry9
06-02-13, 05:22 PM
I'd be flattered.

knittedcupcake
06-03-13, 08:51 AM
Hahaha! First World problems.

I would be flattered. There is only so much we can do with the bakeries, so there is no harm in using someone's great ideas.

CruiserBobs
06-03-13, 12:13 PM
I'd be flattered as well. Seriously, how many things are actual "original" nowadays. If you thought of something, chances are someone else has as well.

Carmacatt
06-05-13, 08:05 AM
Awe, Too bad you got deleted.. You could of had Fun with this.. Moving things around day to day to see if she moved her things too. LOL.. ☺

jaggz83
06-05-13, 01:12 PM

Wow and this is someone that is a higher level....lol wow..I have never encountered or seen that until now