PDA

View Full Version : RS Weekly update 2-25-13

kimikayyz
02-25-13, 03:48 PM
Saw a post from FrozenTurtle...get ready to cook under the stars with this outdoor grill... :)

http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5739&d=1361832482 (http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5739&d=1361832482)

cherryberry9
02-25-13, 04:26 PM
We have a gazillion outdoor grills already or is this a decor item?

bigbux3
02-25-13, 04:39 PM
I hate new appliances because they only get about 1-3 new recipes and they aren't really necessary.

jmterao
02-25-13, 07:58 PM
I think it's cool! I am going to do a BBQ on my patio this summer! Having a few different types of appliances would work for me :)

bigbux3
02-25-13, 08:00 PM
This update isn't going to be... good... in my opinion.

kimikayyz
02-25-13, 08:18 PM
I like it...makes me think of camping, which I love. :)

TAB127
02-25-13, 09:38 PM
Was really hoping for St.Patrick's Day stuff. There's already a couple outdoor grills in the game.

Baraze
02-25-13, 11:12 PM
Any food makes for a goos update. But a new appliance two weeks in a row?! I bet it had at least one new part. So that means we have to pick and choose which one we want to build. Thankfully, i have seven swedish ovens. So i can start on this one. This is where over 100 neighbors is a good thing to have.

lotuskat
02-26-13, 07:15 AM
I love new appliances, but hope this time they won't require "new" parts...maybe just re-use some of the parts from previous updates (kinda like how the Swedish oven re-used the White Spring).

carabellexo
02-26-13, 07:47 AM
Yeah I hope so. I also hope it's not just the one recipe and that the quantity amounts are high.

mslindsaysiegel
02-26-13, 11:25 AM
anyone have pictures of the new update?

ksham_net
02-26-13, 11:42 AM
Why am I constantly losing food? It only occurred today. Never had an issue prior to this update, so I can only guess. I lost 20,000+ plates of food and periodically, food that is cooking disappears when I come back.

NSrizi
02-26-13, 11:42 AM
The new update isn't here yet. It will be in about 25 hours

Yours sincerely,
Rizi

NSrizi
02-26-13, 11:49 AM
It sometimes happen that all the actions / or some of the actions that you do, are not saved by the game. For example, sometimes I clear finished food from my appliances and log off. The next time I log on, I see the appliances still have the unserved food on it. It's like a rollback. I think it's most likely that you are facing this issue. (it can also happen with tips collected)

What helps for me is to visit at least 1 other restaurant after collecting tips / preparing food.

minidemon88
02-26-13, 11:50 AM
anyone have pictures of the new update?

You can view the pictures on TL's blog here (http://blog.teamlava.com/post/44028650284/new-content-february-26-28-2013).

jopazz
02-26-13, 06:28 PM
I'm Texan, and will be moving out of state very soon.

I'e been waiting for this, and even if I don't like all the decor I will probably go with the theme out of nostalgia.

cherokee329
02-26-13, 09:35 PM
Love the old west theme. Can't wait to decorate.

AutumnHikari
02-27-13, 11:50 AM
Updates here...I like the frontier floor, and it's coins. The wall lamp is 15 gems which is unfortunate. And only one floor decor, the buffalo, which is an LTO for 24 gems.

ginrae22
02-27-13, 12:40 PM
it's called the cowboy stove. hmm interesting!

jmterao
02-27-13, 01:05 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the cowboy stove? When I get messages in my News that say people have responded to my request for help, its not being credited to the build. I have several responses but the number of wheels or pots I need has not changed.

AutumnHikari
02-27-13, 01:13 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the cowboy stove? When I get messages in my News that say people have responded to my request for help, its not being credited to the build. I have several responses but the number of wheels or pots I need has not changed.

Mine was like that too, but then it showed up a bit after...maybe restarting your device would fix it.

pattypopo
02-27-13, 01:46 PM

I was gifted (not as a request) some of the parts, but did not get credited for them in my parts list.

nmishii
02-27-13, 02:37 PM
Cowboy BBQ, 16 hr
Cowboy Quesadillas, 7 hr
Frontier Breakfast, 5 hr

nicola211982
02-27-13, 03:10 PM
Cowboy BBQ, 16 hr
Cowboy Quesadillas, 7 hr
Frontier Breakfast, 5 hr

Thank you, just what I came to search for. :)

Baraze
02-27-13, 05:03 PM
I dont care how good the food is said to be. Ill eat at a restaurant with jocks on cars, halloween houses, Frankenstein, dinosaurs and eyeball stew. But i draw the line with hairy buffaloes!

jopazz
02-27-13, 05:17 PM
I'm actually super disappointed in this update. It had a lot of potential, but the cost of everything makes it completely undesirable. The only good thing that came out of it was the floor tile, which I really like and it is not prohibitively expensive. The dark wood can be used with lots of different themes.

Very sad the wall lamp is 15 gems, that is the one item I would have paid a lot of coin for gladly. Sigh, no western themed restaurant for me.

PloyM
02-27-13, 06:15 PM
I want to see a pic of the current LTO. It kinda look cute to me.

cherokee329
02-27-13, 06:48 PM
Some themes I'm not so interested in but the western theme is great. Already decorated a space and the buffalo is looking cute on the grass beside the water. Thanks TL, love it! The only thing is, I Just wished I had a pioneer couple to go with it.

cheuk18me94
02-27-13, 08:30 PM
How much can I earn from the new receipes?

minidemon88
02-28-13, 12:48 AM
Did anyone bought the adorable buffalo? I'm not sure if it will be weird looking to have a buffalo in my restaurant. LOL! The table and counter are nice looking!

Aggro69
02-28-13, 01:22 AM
Hello ppl.

CAN ANYONE PLZ PLZ HELP ME HOW 2
Unlock the goals????

maggieyyli
02-28-13, 02:06 AM
can anyone tell me the parts requirement of cowboy stove?

Aggro69, what goals you cannot unlock? if the goals were past, u will have accessed to them.

nmishii
02-28-13, 02:21 AM
Parts for Frontier (Cowboy) Stove: 6 black kettles, 4 wagon wheels. Both new parts.

maggieyyli
02-28-13, 02:24 AM
Thanks nmishii.

Sorry I have made a typo in my previous reply. I mean you have NO access to the past goals!

PloyM
02-28-13, 12:18 PM
I wished the buffalo would be larger.

sugarmilkppm
02-28-13, 06:20 PM
I like the new recipes (btw I love barbeque) and I like that the new appliance doesn't take too much to construct.

cortnylyn
02-28-13, 06:31 PM
I think its neat looking and agree with sugarmilkppm with not taking much to construct

figuresk8er88
02-28-13, 09:34 PM
i'm sorry just couldn't resist posting this :)
i thought this bbq dish looked familiar... so i searched around my ovens and ah ha!

ShelesSweets
02-28-13, 10:39 PM
Ok, who is actually planning on putting a buffalo in their restaurant? None of my neighbors have one and I'm curious to know who thinks it's a swell idea.

Baraze
02-28-13, 11:29 PM
Ok, who is actually planning on putting a buffalo in their restaurant? None of my neighbors have one and I'm curious to know who thinks it's a swell idea.

Wacky tobaccy cowboys.

AutumnHikari
03-01-13, 01:33 AM
i'm sorry just couldn't resist posting this :)
i thought this bbq dish looked familiar... so i searched around my ovens and ah ha!

Nice catch :P

rainedrop101
03-01-13, 08:28 AM
Yeah uhm lol no when I asked if there's a "BIG update coming". I meant like, where theres a big update Edition like we get for Christmas, or Valentines. Anyway a couple cowboy things and a buffalo no one wants isnt the definition of big update. A buffalo? Really? In a cowboy bar... maybe. Could've just given that to Nightclub Story.

Yeah, I don't know about you, but I just know its spring when I see a buffalo hopping down the sidewalk handing out baskets of chocolate easter buffalos to everyone!

cearaqc
03-01-13, 11:33 AM
The whole Cowboy/West theme should have been saved for summer. I am sure I am not the only one who was wishing for St Patty's Day, Spring Themes and Easter. Pastel colored stuff, eggs, chocolate, Shamrocks. I keep seeing a Shamrock wallpaper in some of my neighbors, yet I don't have access to that deco. :(

jopazz
03-01-13, 07:45 PM
Very few people seem to feel like this was a desirable update, much less a desirable theme. I've already spoken my thoughts about the update specifically. But being from an area with a strong western/cowboy influence, I think they could do so much more with the theme. I really hope they consider adding to it at some point!

Some ideas would be:
barrel or red bandana tables
bar stools, or hay bales for chairs
wall decor: gas lantern, hanging cowboy hats, wagon wheel, card game or wanted posters
swinging doors (like in a saloon!)
floor items:cow hide rug, giant cow floor item (like the huge moose, it's actually I thing down here, several steak houses have them), potted cactus, a covered wagon
hay floor tile (some theme restaurants have them, also crushed peanut shells buuut...)
a vertical wood paneling wall tile
recipes: cowboy beans, cowboy coffee, grits

I desperately hope someone will take these into consideration!

Now some may feel like the theme is tacky, but I for one would love to have a whole restaurant in that theme for just a little bit.

wingus
03-01-13, 10:36 PM
I wished the buffalo would be larger.

Just saw this in Stormie's Store and thought it looked tiny! Especially compared with the Dala Horse, which looks huge!

cherokee329
03-02-13, 05:04 PM
I think they tried to make the size of the buffalo compatable with the wagon tables. If the buffalo was bigger, it would be too big next to the tables, imo. Wish they had a few more western items.