PDA

View Full Version : castle story old books (love letters part 3)

tscholes
02-24-13, 10:51 PM
hey , I've updated my library to a level 5 but it still isn't dropping old books?? how can i get them?

rengirl1978
02-24-13, 11:44 PM
They just drop upon collection. As long as it's a level 5, they will come. This game is very trying on the patience! LOL

MiniLaura
02-25-13, 06:45 AM
I've had them drop from a level 2 library.

elaur
02-25-13, 08:35 AM
I started getting them when I collected from Thomas' house first.

tscholes
02-25-13, 02:07 PM
I've had this quest for 5 days and i collect from the library as often as i can ... still no books... is there a glitch?

maguar
02-25-13, 02:37 PM
They're a random drop. They'll come in time. Have you checked your inventory to see if you have any (in case you missed seeing them pop up)?

tscholes
02-25-13, 03:57 PM
yep i checked that

marrrina
02-25-13, 06:45 PM
I've gotten a book every time but once since activating the goal (Lv. 5 library). So far I have 4. It's all luck how often they come up I guess.

Dreamer691
02-26-13, 12:23 AM
I just got my 5th book today! Yay!!!!! It too kme roughly a week to get them. I got 1 every few days I think

tscholes
02-26-13, 08:39 AM
I've been collecting 6 days now... still no books!!!!!! whats wrong with mine?? am i the only one having problems with this

lotuskat
02-26-13, 08:43 AM
I've been collecting 6 days now... still no books!!!!!! whats wrong with mine?? am i the only one having problems with this

I think it's just probability...some players will take longer than others. I haven't gotten a single one either.

Perry9877
02-26-13, 10:01 AM
I have two libraries one Level 4 the other at Level 5 books do not drop often, but I have had six books drop ( I keep a log of quest items needed) here is the rub: I have 4 books in my inventory. What happened to the other two? And after getting my sixth book, I check my quest and it shows only three collected! What the heck is going on? Has anyone else had this happen?

kooky panda
02-26-13, 11:24 AM
I have two libraries one Level 4 the other at Level 5 books do not drop often, but I have had six books drop ( I keep a log of quest items needed) here is the rub: I have 4 books in my inventory. What happened to the other two? And after getting my sixth book, I check my quest and it shows only three collected! What the heck is going on? Has anyone else had this happen?

Try restarting your device.

kooky panda
02-26-13, 11:25 AM
check and make sure your library has been ungraded to a level 5 .

Perry9877
02-26-13, 02:11 PM
Try restarting your device.

I turn off my device each time I charge my device, so that is not the problem. :-(

kooky panda
02-26-13, 02:50 PM
Quick note... Make sure you go into the goal and press the add button to add the books you have collected.

iLLUMI2012
02-27-13, 03:14 AM
From my experience, once you've upgraded your Library to level 5 then a book is dropped when it is next due for collection (in 8 hours).

Tip: Ensure you have fully upgraded to level 5. Level 5 is the highest level. When you have upgraded you will no longer see an upgrade option.

Tip: As the Library collection cycle is every 8 hours, 5 books will take 40 hours. To somewhat halve this time period, build a second Library and upgrade to Level 5. Therefore you'll have 2 books in total dropping every 8 hours. So in other words you should have all 5 books within 24 hours or just over. This is what I did. :)

Once 5 books have been dropped no more are dropped. So you won't end up with 6 or have 1 left over once the required 5 have been handed over to Old Thomas. I tried that. LOL ;)

Good luck!

Once you've handed over the 5 books it may take some time for the 4th letter to trigger. I've since collected from Old Thomas's house but to no avail. :(

kikilicious74
02-27-13, 08:57 AM
Wow, I got all my books in like two or three days. I feel lucky. If only ALICORN was this easy.

elaur
02-27-13, 09:18 AM
Are you collecting from Thomas's house too? That seemed to increase my rate. I would save the house and collect right before the libraries. Someone else suggested that.

brandonu
02-27-13, 10:16 AM
My drop rates have been pretty brutal. Library is at level 5 and I collect from Old Thomas's House and then the Library each time. I have a single book in my possession.

elaur
02-27-13, 12:28 PM
Oh that's painful.

Perry9877
03-01-13, 10:33 AM
Quick note... Make sure you go into the goal and press the add button to add the books you have collected.

Oh,do I feel silly! I forgot to "add" them to the quest! I do not get what the rainbow is supposed to do.

kooky panda
03-01-13, 12:14 PM
Oh,do I feel silly! I forgot to "add" them to the quest! I do not get what the rainbow is supposed to do.

The rainbow is just a decoration. ( I like it)

jetskie2
03-01-13, 05:27 PM
mine just popped up lvl 2 and 3, upgraded in hope of rest and zilch as yet. no doubt they will come in time. good luck to all

NayanPrakash
03-05-13, 09:48 PM
My library is level 5 and so far it's only dropped 1 book in 4 days...plus the library collection time is also quite long. I won't be able to finish my quests this way before valentine day edition ends

iLLUMI2012
03-10-13, 05:00 AM
My library is level 5 and so far it's only dropped 1 book in 4 days...plus the library collection time is also quite long. I won't be able to finish my quests this way before valentine day edition ends

The Library collection time is every 8 hours. If you only have the one Library you should be able to complete the goal within 3 days or less. As per my previous post I suggest building a second Library. 1 book in 4 days doesn't sound right though. Even if you collected once a day for 4 days you should have 4 books by now.
Ensure that you are actually fully upgraded to Level 5 and not seeing the option to upgrade to Level 5, therefore no further upgrade options should be available. Someone else mentioned that they hadn't fully upgraded but received a book so I'm just wondering if you're in the same situation?

vchanhs
03-10-13, 04:39 PM
The Library collection time is every 8 hours. If you only have the one Library you should be able to complete the goal within 3 days or less. As per my previous post I suggest building a second Library. 1 book in 4 days doesn't sound right though. Even if you collected once a day for 4 days you should have 4 books by now.
Ensure that you are actually fully upgraded to Level 5 and not seeing the option to upgrade to Level 5, therefore no further upgrade options should be available. Someone else mentioned that they hadn't fully upgraded but received a book so I'm just wondering if you're in the same situation?

The books drop are not 100% drop rate. Getting only 1 book in 4 days is just plain unlucky. Try to collect from Thomas house before collecting from library. Seems to increase the drop rate for some people.

MBRBTBRB
03-14-13, 11:13 PM
Lucky me! I've just upgraded my Library to Level 4 and it dropped an Old Book first time! I've already collected most of the materials for Level 5 so I'll upgrade it again and hopefully keep those Old Books coming.

MBRBTBRB
03-15-13, 04:09 PM
And a second book from the second collection at level 4! It's now been upgraded to level 5.

Zsolna13
03-30-13, 02:32 PM
hello. can you tell my how you upgrade the library? I have all the materials but can not upgrade to level 4.

maguar
03-30-13, 07:04 PM
hello. can you tell my how you upgrade the library? I have all the materials but can not upgrade to level 4.

If you're seeing a small number of coins it's a display issue. Goi to the valentine version to see the real requirements