PDA

View Full Version : Robo Plateau: 85-90!!

ngamp
02-23-13, 02:37 PM
Love this island! Level 85 starts easy with lots of fun surprise boxes, increasing difficulty as level rises, and I finally got stuck on level 90, which means I still have lots of fun to enjoy. :)

iAyun
02-23-13, 08:09 PM
Finished level 90.. :)
I notice that:
Level 85 today is different than level 85 yesterday.
More glasses, not just 4 glasses on each corners.
I think the changes increase level difficulty. :)

ngamp
02-25-13, 03:55 PM
Yay I made it,too. Need more stars now. :)

Wollstonecraft
02-26-13, 01:41 PM
What is the trick for level 89?

kwhung
02-28-13, 07:22 PM
What is the trick for leve 86? I sticked here for 4 days already.

AutumnHikari
02-28-13, 10:15 PM
I was stuck on one of them for quite awhile, don't remember which one, but eventually got it and managed to beat 90 yesterday :)

lovlielizz
03-15-13, 06:22 AM
I'm stuck at the same point. I jsut cant work out how to get the screen to move down. Any tips anybody?

Phaedrakiki
04-06-13, 03:42 AM
Omg, 90 is fast! Just tried it first time...hope I don't end up stuck here forever! I suppose I'll adapt (or get lucky--or both) and pass it eventually. I like this level, too. So glad the update added new stuff to enjoy!

Phaedrakiki
04-06-13, 03:44 AM
What is the trick for leve 86? I sticked here for 4 days already.

Which one was that? (No energy to check right now.) Or did you already pass it?

Phaedrakiki
04-06-13, 04:06 PM
... I like this level, too.... Oops, I meant island, not level. Level 90's kicking my ___! You really have to scramble, but those "instant rock miner things" are pretty cool. Wish I had time to strategize about when to use 'em. (Other than when I don't have a match next to where I'm supposed to be digging, of course...)

Gardienn
04-14-13, 08:13 PM
I'm stuck on 89 too and can't figure out what strategy to use to try and dig down those twelve levels. Gah.

maxx88888
04-20-13, 06:38 PM
Please help !!! I can't do level 87 --- so frustrated ... Not even close !!! Help

crimson007
04-26-13, 10:04 AM
How did you beat island 88?

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 06:39 PM
How did you beat island 88?

I'm trying to remember what I did, but don't want to spend an energy on it--can you remind me...what's in the presents on this level?

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 06:45 PM
~more help for 89 at this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47111-Level-89).

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 09:37 PM
I'm trying to remember what I did, but don't want to spend an energy on it--can you remind me...what's in the presents on this level?

While I'm waiting for your answer, let me add:
With only 20 moves on level 88, it's important to make each one count. Before you touch the board, make sure you see some "good" moves to start with. By this I mean 4-gem vertical matches to create row blasters, present/gift matches, etc. (Are the gifts regular blasters this time?) If you don't see good, optimal moves to start, then don't touch anything--restart the level. It won't take an energy if you don't touch the board, and you won't waste a bunch of moves that don't help you! I kinda remember this being a tough level (I know you know, lol!)

While all special gems & gem combos help clear glass, you especially need horizontal row blasters & diamonds to reach those columns on the right & left. So if you have a choice between making a row blaster and a bomb [or a column (vertical) blaster,] the row blaster seems to help more on this level. That's part of the strategy I remember using...

As usual, if you do get diamonds, try to combine with a blaster. If you have more than 1 blaster, choose the color you have most of. For example, if you swap a diamond with a red blaster, it will change all red gems into blasters. So if you have a red & blue blaster next to a diamond, check to see which are more plentiful...red or blue regular jewels. Then switch with that color! If you don't have a blaster near the diamond, use one of your present blasters (if that's what the gifts are?) & put it on the color you have most of, next to diamond. I have one more tip, but I'll wait to hear back about the gift boost (don't wanna make this even more confusing, lol!)

Hope this helps... :o

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 11:09 PM
Please help !!! I can't do level 87 --- so frustrated ... Not even close !!! Help

There's some Level 87 talk/tips at the Level 84 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47193-HELP-PLEASE...level-84.) thread...

I might have more...if you can remind me--what kind of "gift boost" do you get on this level? (Don't want to waste an energy going back to check...)

Phaedrakiki
04-27-13, 11:26 PM
Argh! Totally forgot there's a Level 88 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47078-Level-88) thread with excellent advice that helped me pass it...!

Phaedrakiki
05-02-13, 07:59 PM
I added some tips for Level 85 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50930-Level-85) at another thread.

Phaedrakiki
06-08-13, 08:50 PM
Added photos and a little more info at the thread for Level 89 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?47111-Level-89). Hope it helps!

Phaedrakiki
06-08-13, 09:35 PM
There are some tips for Level 85 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50930-Level-85) at another thread. I just replayed the level, though...cuz I only had 2 stars before. So I thought I'd post a photo and a little more info about it.

Level 85: 50 double-glass in 50 moves. There are 4 jewels--1 in each corner--that are separated from the main board. You'll have to use special jewels to break the double-glass (and do it twice!) You also get presents in this level. On the round I just played, I received a diamond, a blaster, and 2 glass-breaking boosts. There are also 2 sets of portals: when you blast/clear the glass in the separated areas on the bottom (red portals,) it will pull jewels through the 2 green portals on the bottom of the main board.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/0fa61f7f-2cf5-4487-bbeb-2947f682ab03_zps244458f7.jpg

Blasters, diamonds (swapped w/color of the jewel in the separate area,) blaster+bomb combos, and diamond+blaster combos are the best way to clear the glass. I just passed the level using a diamond/blaster combo, followed by a blaster/bomb combo. (I still had lots of moves left, so I made lots of other special jewels and combos to boost my score. Got my 3 stars--yay!) Try using your blaster boost next to a bomb you've made yourself, or with a diamond if you made one. Or put your diamond boost on the board, and try to get it next to a blaster you've made. If that doesn't work, you can use the blaster they give you. Choose the color jewel next to your diamond that's most plentiful on the board, or the color used the most in the separated areas. It's usually better to use the gift boosts with special jewels you've made yourself--that spreads them a bit further. Hopefully, you can knock out all the corner glass using only special jewels/combos. But if you still have unbroken glass as you reach the end, you can bust out your glass-breaking boosts to clear it.
Note: If you still have lots of moves left, and just 1 glass left to break (for example,) you might want to use up some of your moves/do some more combos first. That way you can earn a higher score/more stars. Then break your final glass...

Good luck!

Phaedrakiki
08-15-13, 05:26 AM
Level 87: 18 glass in 60 moves (5JC-jewel colors used.) I just played this again since I only got 1 star the first time around. I thought I'd add a photo plus a little info. This level has lots of crates, as well as portals, a wooden wall, & gifts (lots of free bomb boosts! :)) There's a hard-to-reach area on the bottom right side, separated by window cutouts and a wall. The red "exits" for the portals come out here (so if you make a match/clear jewels in this area, it will pull jewels into the green portals at the bottom of the main board & out the red ones.) There's glass under all the crates on the right side, so you have to clear them all to get access to break it. This photo (left) shows the level:
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/28574d48-e88a-461e-ba17-07d2e3fcf18b_zps2d58c5f2.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/9a964575-0228-4433-8870-db6a6b6989cc_zps9bf44023.jpg

The best way I found to use the gifts & pass this level, was to first make my own blasters to pair with the free bomb boosts. Gotta start collecting the gifts, of course...and then create any special jewels you can. Also start making matches against the crates or towards the bottom of the board* as you're waiting/trying to make blasters (arrow jewels from 4-jewel matches.) Once you have a blaster, use one of your gift bombs next to it. The screenshot on the right shows the board after the crates are gone--the free bomb boosts you've earned will be at the bottom right (circled in pink. I blacked-out the other boosts to avoid confusion, but you can buy them with gold.)

Just press your finger on your free boosts, then touch it to a regular jewel next to your blaster. It will turn it to a bomb...then just swap the two! This blaster + bomb combo makes a great T-shaped blast, a few jewels wide by a few tall. Since all the glass/crates are on the right, make sure that this blast is actually going to hit something you need cleared, of course. You can also combine the bomb with another bomb (using 2 of your free boosts) if you haven't made any special jewels. But they go a lot further if you pair them with your own... Good luck! :D

*Making matches towards the bottom of any board can help boost your score because it often creates bonus matches as the replacement jewels fill in.

missingButton
07-13-14, 06:08 AM
I have been stuck on ROBO PLATEAU for weeks now. I have 9/18 stars and even when I win a star the total number does not increase beyond 9/18
I'm starting to feel really stupid.

Help me someone please..... Before I give up on this game completely

Thanks