PDA

View Full Version : There needs to be a new farm

Exeroth
02-23-13, 12:04 AM
I recently acquired the chocolate dragon and to my dismay I discovered it needs even more food than the light/holiday dragons. It's hard enough to make dragons epic when they require a staggering 25,000 food just to go from level 9 to 10 alone, never mind the insane amount of food it takes just to get to that point at all! If this chocolate dragon turns out to be the start of a new trend of ridiculous feeding costs then we absolutely MUST have a more efficient way to acquire food. Diamondates are difficult to grow regularly anyways especially when you need to save up to expand every few days, so when even they aren't cutting it as much as they should for what they cost, you know there's a problem. I think we can all agree a new farm would be a tremendous help. Assuming, of course, the new food isn't so expensive it isn't even worth it. TL I really hope you're reading this. Any suggestions on new food and their prices/times guys?

tailsprower
02-23-13, 01:37 AM
Yep . Maybe not a new farm but increased food amount . Like impruberries - 10 food , Diamond dates - 1000 , etc Something like that or maybe more farm amounts like 10 or something :(

lilylunalove
02-23-13, 01:44 AM
All I have to say is I agree.

Darkstorm2
02-23-13, 04:22 AM
I disagree. Many high level players are bored with the game. They had to do something to lengthen game play or they will lose many players. I have no more expansions, I have all dragons in epic form, the only thing I have to do is feed dragons. The Topaz dragon eats even more than the chocolate. From Thursday to Thursday all I do is breed the new dragon and feed it. It will take me three to four days to feed the topaz. Many of my friend have huge stores of food and can feed 100,000 apples to a dragon immediately. So I understand why TL is increasing the amount of food necessary to raise a dragon, and for once I agree with them.

mammami08
02-23-13, 04:27 AM
I disagree. Many high level players are bored with the game. They had to do something to lengthen game play or they will lose many players. I have no more expansions, I have all dragons in epic form, the only thing I have to do is feed dragons. The Topaz dragon eats even more than the chocolate. From Thursday to Thursday all I do is breed the new dragon and feed it. It will take me three to four days to feed the topaz. Many of my friend have huge stores of food and can feed 100,000 apples to a dragon immediately. So I understand why TL is increasing the amount of food necessary to raise a dragon, and for once I agree with them.

I agree, and once you have all epic there isn't any to feed just the new one. I had well over 500.000 food befor ceasar and now i,m down to 150.000. So this one might be ok but if theres a new big eater next week i will have a challenge.

NeferTsukia
02-23-13, 04:34 AM

Yup. Same here.
Well...i don't have all the dragons, but whatevs. :p

wassupbaby
02-23-13, 05:22 AM
Increase food cost might be a solution(IMO not a good one anw) for high lv players but its not fair for new players. There's no way they can make that much food in time for the contest. Just remember there're also new players playing this game.
And also , there're many great suggestions about what to do with coins like : expensive decorations, exchange coins-gold, upgrading habitats with coins etc .... Any of these would be better than increase food cost because at least , these wont affect new players.

hamadrys
02-23-13, 05:28 AM
That is true. I remember how I struggled to feed my dragons when I started and the food prices were normal then. It is hard when you begin, there is not much coin available and there is much to do. So, if people want to spend their coins (and I do), maybe they should come up with new decorations for COINS, not gold. Different paths, statues, flowers, trees, etc.

MazShaddix
02-23-13, 07:23 AM
Im not a new player, but I think there should be an upgrade to the current farms, to increase the amount of food you get... I found it hard in the beginning to get going even when feeding was normal and same with clearing a space after expanding... If they get upgraded, high level players don't have to plant for the increased food, so it can help new players...

kwhales
02-23-13, 07:55 AM
I think the amount of food is ok. But I can see lower levels having a hard time keeping up with the amount of food it takes to feed new dragons. I guess we are lucky that the older dragons (and the only ones we had to worry about feeding) were the only ones available. Now with the new dragons taking in more food, lower levels feel intimidated.

All i can say to lower levels is get the new dragons, keep them at a low level, epic the older dragons (who take less food) and when you are a higher level and coins and food isn't an issue anymore, start to feed the new dragons. The most important thing now is to just get the dragon (especially if it is an LE). Worry about feeding it later.

pegasus14
02-23-13, 09:08 AM
Another solution would be to increase the maximum amount of farms a player can have. Maybe 8 or 10 instead of only 6.

Exeroth
02-23-13, 10:15 AM
While I see your point, I think catering to the players who aren't in such a situation (which takes up the majority of players) would be more beneficial to TL and the community in general. Players who purchase the most gold are those that buy dragons, speed up all the timers, and buy the premium decorations, so that being said if players like you have all the dragons already, what does it matter to you? I'd assume people in such a position would be far less inclined to spend gold on anything, given they really have nothing to spend it on. Therefore it would make more sense for TL to help out them as much. While I agree you shouldn't be bored and there should be more to do, making things even more difficult for others is NOT a good solution at all.

kwobb_xx
02-23-13, 10:58 AM
I just switched from Valentine's edition to New dawn, which I'm on android, but by doing that I could feed my chocolate dragon the same amount of food I do every other dragon. I think Valentine's edition is costly but new dawn is the same.

doop01
02-23-13, 11:44 AM
I'm on android so all of my dragons cost the same to feed if I feed from my original game. My food store has been hovering around 240 to 260 k for a while even though I've gotten all the new dragons plus still getting pink hybrids in between. There really isn't much to do with my coins, I've got over 18 mil, so basically just grow food. A new farm could only be bigger crops and more expensive surely, so would not help new players. I was a a pretty high level before I had food/coins to spare and that's without the massive feeding costs. I really don't know how new or lower level ios players are coping with it. I know that it slows play and makes it more of a challenge, bit I found that it already was right up until you get into a higher level. For new players anyway, they could at least make the 30 sec food 10 instead of only 6 each crop like they have in monster story. It's not much but I've found it makes a pretty big difference to how quickly you can gather a decent amount of the cheapest food. You get a bit more from all 3 crops for the same $ and time in the small farm in that game

pegasus14
02-25-13, 06:56 AM
I've noticed that these exorbitant food prices also apply to Caesar and Topaz and probably others. I sense a disturbing new trend here.

NeferTsukia
02-25-13, 07:02 AM
I'm on android so all of my dragons cost the same to feed if I feed from my original game. My food store has been hovering around 240 to 260 k for a while even though I've gotten all the new dragons plus still getting pink hybrids in between. There really isn't much to do with my coins, I've got over 18 mil, so basically just grow food. A new farm could only be bigger crops and more expensive surely, so would not help new players. I was a a pretty high level before I had food/coins to spare and that's without the massive feeding costs. I really don't know how new or lower level ios players are coping with it. I know that it slows play and makes it more of a challenge, bit I found that it already was right up until you get into a higher level. For new players anyway, they could at least make the 30 sec food 10 instead of only 6 each crop like they have in monster story. It's not much but I've found it makes a pretty big difference to how quickly you can gather a decent amount of the cheapest food. You get a bit more from all 3 crops for the same $ and time in the small farm in that game

I have 30million coins in Monster Story and too little food. I wish they'd make enchanted farms in MS like they do in DS. I'd have something to do with my money, and more food. Oh well. I only have 1 momster left now, anyway.

kurebiz
02-25-13, 07:55 AM
I think all new dragons in future are going to have the increased food costs. Wouldn't be fair to the new players but there isn't much choice. Perhaps a level requirement before the new costs kicks in? Gives them time to prepare for it? :/

codenamezebra
02-25-13, 11:39 PM
Maybe a new food with new dragon.... dark themed.... black berries or stellar strawberries.... purple plums...galactic grapes.... I am also bored in monster story nefertsukia....

codenamezebra
02-25-13, 11:42 PM
Another solution would be to increase the maximum amount of farms a player can have. Maybe 8 or 10 instead of only 6.

This is good... attainable through higher level or so many of one crop harvested...