PDA

View Full Version : Efficient Habitat/dragon breakdown -- why we need more habitats

tonguelashing
02-22-13, 11:27 AM
So, I had some time and did some calculations. As of this date (February 22, 2013) there are 90 potential dragons including LE dragons and Gemstone dragons.

In making the most of your habitats you have to remember a few things. Gemstone dragons can only go in a habitat of their own color. TL Will most liking release new gemstone dragons from time to time, and it's always best to put a dragon in a habitat the holds the most coins, particularly true for when you sleep (you *do* sleep and not play DS all night right? :cool:) Also, passion dragon, and diamond and infinity dragons can ONLY go on their respective habitats.

OK here is exactly what you *need* for habitats. I am assuming only one of every dragon, no duplicates. for iOS users, duplicates can be traded for materials to use in crafting dragons and decorations. Android users and Kindle users must sell duplicate dragons if they run out of room (though I hope that changes in the very near future)

1 fire habitat - fire dragon, ruby dragon, 1 free slot (2 dragons)
1 Passion Pit - Passion Dragon, Left Heart, Right heart (3 dragons)
3 air habitats - air dragon, firestorm, honeybee, eagle, scorpion, Topaz Dragon, pumpkin, 2 free slots (7 dragons)
5 forest habitats - forest dragon, emerald dragon, life, fruitful, fairy, parakeet, elf, wild, landworm, snowman, rose, forest fire, scarecrow, turkey (15 dragons)
5 water habitats - water dragon, sapphire dragon, island, mist, serpent, mind volt, athletic, seabreeze, atlantis, mermaid, clown, storm, mirage, fireworks, 1 free slots (14 dragons)
6 magic habitats - magic dragon, poison, charm, genie, coral, titan, familiar, trickster, cupid, wizard, planet, mistmoth, aurora, super, witch, zombie, 2 free slots (16 dragons)
6 light habitats - light dragon, fuzzy, winter, love, sunrise, luck, griffin, laser light, pegasus, ice cream, hypnotic, dream, leopard, tusker, Ceasar, boo, 2 free slots (16 dragons)
3 pink habitats - Virtue, flower, kite, bubble, origami, justice, tiny, chocolate, 1 free slot (8 dragons)
2 diamond habitats - diamond, infinity (2 dragons)

Currently that's 32 habitats for 83 without the diamond hybrids.

We have a total of 9 free slots for 7 more dragons. Should work right? Well, did you take a look at where those free slots are? For the sake of argument, let's place our diamond hybrids in those slots:

Crusader takes the spare fire slot
Mercury takes the spare water slot
anubis takes 1 magic slot
angel takes 1 light slot
unicorn takes 1 pink slot
gold takes 1 air slot

This leaves Quetzal requiring his own habitat. It's senseless to build a forest habitat so you build a diamond habitat for him for a grand total of 33 habitats for 90 dragons with 2 habitats to spare

But putting the diamond hybrids in with their elemental habitats is not efficient, you're not gaining the benefit of a diamond hybrid's earning potential. So really, each diamond hybrid should be in a diamond habitat (for a total of 39 habitats) OR an upgraded diamond habitat that holds 3 diamond dragons and hybrids with 100,000 coin earning on the habitat. This upgraded diamond habitat would cost $1,000,000 coins to build.

I know MANY players want to display their diamond hybrids in a diamond habitat. Also take into account that new gemstone dragons are sure to come out. PLUS New dragons come out each week eliminating the free slots in the standard elemental habitats.

So bottom line, we need more habitats AND we need an upgraded diamond habitat.

Yes, you can probably do some more fancy rearranging to accommodate things, but you're not gaining the maximum benefit by doing so. I don't know what limitations there are on the programming end of things, though I'm sure loading more habitats will slow things down a bit. I know the Valentines Edition on Android is slow or impossible to move around some islands, particularly those with lots of decorations and such. But that's where better memory management and garbage collecting is required (Programmers will know what I'm talking about there).

This of course is just my opinion.

PS: The timeout on the forum is too low. I couldn't type this note and post it in time. Had to copy text, log in again, and paste it in. This really needs to be fixed. I should be able to stay logged in until I log out.

tonguelashing
02-22-13, 11:31 AM
Please also note, I'm not taking into account the 3 new habitats that hold 4 dragons for forest, fire, and magic as most people are not going to spend gold (ie real money) on a habitat (though some do). If they were available for coins, I'm sure everyone would be on it and we just wouldn't have a problem and can stay well within the habitat cap, especially if TL releases additional upgraded habitats, but again, they should be for coin, not gold.

just my opinion.

dapplefur
02-22-13, 01:05 PM
Actually you only list 14 dragons in the forest habitat list.

lollipop_rp
02-22-13, 01:11 PM
Actually you only list 14 dragons in the forest habitat list.

Now, you can put the quetzal in that remaining place.
But true u wouldn't get the full money you could recieve

tonguelashing
02-22-13, 01:11 PM
must have miscounted one somewhere and thus forgotten one somewhere else.

NeferTsukia
02-22-13, 01:24 PM
Awesome! This is pretty cool. I think I'll quote you on the suggestions thread for good measure!

Oh boy. I should get an extra light and magic habitat, get rid of a fire habitat (yeah I have 3) and maybe get another air habitat. Maybe time for some rearrangement... Thanks!

betsyb514
02-22-13, 01:57 PM
I must say, I came out with a different arrangement. To maximize coin collecting I am moving my islands to the following configuration.
8 Diamond Habitats-20,000
3 Virtue Habitats-7,500
5 Light Habitats-7,200
5 Magic Habitats-5,000
5 Water Habitats-3,600
5 Forest Habitats-3,200
2 Air Habitats-2,900
1 Fire Habitat-2,500
1 Passion Pit-3,200

The only Diamond Hybrid, once I get it, in a regular habitat will be the Unicorn.

wassupbaby
02-22-13, 01:59 PM
i thought about it too but then i thought "what's the point ? So i can earn more coins ? For what? I have nothing to buy with coins" and then i'm kinda lazy to move the dragons and with weekly update i'll have to move the dragons again and again*sigh* good job anw :)

hamadrys
02-22-13, 02:19 PM
Wow, good job ! Pretty impressive and great for TL to look at and see what is going on, just in case they didn't already know.

sehana
02-22-13, 02:46 PM
Added a link to this from here: http://bit.ly/UUJD2l

NeferTsukia
02-22-13, 03:13 PM

Great work once again Sehana, thanks!

tonguelashing
02-22-13, 04:26 PM

Thank you Shana.

tonguelashing
02-22-13, 04:27 PM
Sehana. Stupid autocorrect :-)

sehana
02-22-13, 04:55 PM
Great work once again Sehana, thanks!

Sehana. Stupid autocorrect :-)
No Problem :)

Auto correct gets me too :)

zoom27
02-22-13, 08:44 PM
I have all 90 dragons and I have similar habitat #
Only difference is that I was able to put crusader and gold in diamond habitats besides diamond and infinity
Rest of my diamond hybrids are in the colored habitats instead of diamond habitat they deserve,
Here's why:
I save all of my duplicate rares and super- rares born from breeding for trading.
I sell commons right from the nest due to space limitations

We really need bigger habitat caps AND/OR large diamond fields
I have
4 diamond fields: diamond infinity crusader gold
1 red: fire ruby (1 spare for trading-ready rares/super-rares)
1 passion pit: passion, right heart, left heart (no spare space)
3 yellow: air topaz firestorm eagle honeybee scorpion scarecrow turkey pumpkin (no spare space)
5 green: forest emerald fruitful fairy parakeet life wild forestfire landworm snowman elf rose quetzal (2 spares for trade-ready duplicates)
5 blue: water sapphire island serpent Atlantis mermaid mist mindvolt storm seabreeze clown mercury fireworks mirage athletic (no spares)
6 purple: magic anubis cupid charm Titan planet poison familiar zombie genie trickster witch coral wizard aether Mistmoth aurora super (no spares)
6 white: light angel love laserlight tusker fuzzy Pegasus Caesar sunrise griffin leopard winter icecream dream luck hypnotic boo (1 spare)
4 pink: virtue justice flower kite bubble origami tiny unicorn chocolate and my lucky extra virtue for breeding(lv4) - 1 spare

Soon, I'll have to kick out my crusader and gold out of their diamond fields and do major re-arranging
I'm out of space especially since trading needs dragon to be level 4.

111ace
02-22-13, 09:17 PM
Well nice post but please DO NOTE OF THE KEY POINT OF THE POST!!!

So bottom line, we need more habitats AND we need an upgraded diamond habitat

yuimiko
02-22-13, 09:35 PM
I have 2 islands, one have the diamond series and lacking most of the other rare ones. The other one has got most of other rare ones, except the diamond series. With the big problem of limited habitats, plus the addition of new hybrids and new gem dragons, I think that I can only keep one of each type. And probably will need to keep trading the common ones, even though I have brought them to epic form! What a pity.
The new introduced 500 gold habitats are too expensive. And it does not solve the problem of insufficient space to collect all dragons. I love the valentine dragons but I cannot get more of them!
Please teamlava, increase the maximum number of habitats, as well increase the holding limit of diamond habitats.

lilylunalove
02-23-13, 01:18 AM
Great job making this into its own thread, tonguelashing! I've come up with the same result before (with the exception of the halloween/thanksgiving dragons since I don't have those) and posted it in some thread here. But it's great that people can find this now.

The habitat cap is pretty tight right now, but I don't think TL will be increasing it until it'll be impossible to keep every dragon breed. And like wassupbaby said, what's the point of making efficient funds when there's nothing to use it for? :rolleyes: Nonetheless, I'm still going with this deal. Let's see what the situation is when I reach my 35 habitats and will have to finally choose if I want to keep my diamond hybrids in diamond fields or not.

tonguelashing
02-23-13, 01:28 AM
I have 34/35 habitats with 3 of those being diamond habitats, but I have a lot of duplicate dragons (6 aurora, 4 eagle, 4 fairy, 3 super, 3 mirage, 2 fireworks) that I can get rid of and rearrange, but I would prefer to trade these dragons instead of sell them. I am on android and trading isn't available just yet, so I'm hoping *really* soon, so I can at least get something from reducing my dragon count.

lilylunalove
02-23-13, 01:37 AM
Actually the duplicate rares and super rares will become the first problem for me too. I'm on Android too so I can't trade them to make room and I really wouldn't want to just sell. For now I'm keeping them for the hopes that we will get the trading feature soon, but I don't know what I'll do when I get those last five habitats, I've 30 now.

kurebiz
02-23-13, 04:14 AM
I've like 24 duplicate dragons to sell/trade. I'm at 33/35 now. Breeding pinks so I have lots of extra laserlights to sell. I've already sold all the common dragons. Soon it'll be 3 months since crafting was released.

hamadrys
02-23-13, 05:24 AM
Same her, I have 2 Fairies to trade, 2 Fireworks, 2 Atlantis, 1 Elf, 2 Aurora, 2 Eagle, and others. I have 34/35 habitats, but it is getting crowded...

codenamezebra
02-23-13, 10:59 AM
Love that!

Toungelashing. ....thanks for taking the time!

codenamezebra
02-23-13, 11:16 AM
I have 34/35 habitats with 3 of those being diamond habitats, but I have a lot of duplicate dragons (6 aurora, 4 eagle, 4 fairy, 3 super, 3 mirage, 2 fireworks) that I can get rid of and rearrange, but I would prefer to trade these dragons instead of sell them. I am on android and trading isn't available just yet, so I'm hoping *really* soon, so I can at least get something from reducing my dragon count.

I keep getting the few dragons I am missing and I am going to end up with zero dragons to trade in * IF * we ever get crafting/trading........I am a lil bitter about having to sell off duplicates when others get to trade them.... I will be really ticked when I finally get a diamond or infinity and have to rearrange my whole island....selling off at least 6 dragons and 2 habitats to make room for them is ridiculous. .... (watch I will accidentally get diamond now when I dont want it because I said that) I had tons of mirage and supers and I have sold tons of them off now .... I had to sell off others to get passion ...I had only reserved 2 spaces for pink ...the large habitats would be nice...not for gold....and they would not fix the entire issue.... I think for every 2 dragons the release they need to give us one habitat......another thread suggested clicking on things that will take you to another island to avoid memory/loading issues.....that could be an option too.?

codenamezebra
02-23-13, 11:20 AM
Actually I am not sure why I still play a game that provides me so much disappointment and frustration....I just now realized this game has not really been "fun" or even stress relieving (as a game should be) for quite sometime.... it must be the money ive spent.... isnt the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result???? Thats it!!! Dragon Story has made us all insane!!

kwhales
02-23-13, 03:04 PM
Actually I am not sure why I still play a game that provides me so much disappointment and frustration....I just now realized this game has not really been "fun" or even stress relieving (as a game should be) for quite sometime.... it must be the money ive spent.... isnt the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result???? Thats it!!! Dragon Story has made us all insane!!

Insanity loves company, so come on in and stay awhile.

tonguelashing
02-23-13, 07:34 PM
Love that!

Toungelashing. ....thanks for taking the time!

You're welcome, glad I can help and be somewhat useful :-)

111ace
02-23-13, 08:27 PM

Well, many like you, there's always a limit for toleration and it's obviously reaching the limit for most of the old players... it's either some big changes real soon or expect many to leave...

kurebiz
02-23-13, 09:14 PM
I keep getting the few dragons I am missing and I am going to end up with zero dragons to trade in * IF * we ever get crafting/trading........I am a lil bitter about having to sell off duplicates when others get to trade them.... I will be really ticked when I finally get a diamond or infinity and have to rearrange my whole island....selling off at least 6 dragons and 2 habitats to make room for them is ridiculous. .... (watch I will accidentally get diamond now when I dont want it because I said that) I had tons of mirage and supers and I have sold tons of them off now .... I had to sell off others to get passion ...I had only reserved 2 spaces for pink ...the large habitats would be nice...not for gold....and they would not fix the entire issue.... I think for every 2 dragons the release they need to give us one habitat......another thread suggested clicking on things that will take you to another island to avoid memory/loading issues.....that could be an option too.?

this is why i've stopped breeding diamond hybrids. only thing i'm trying for are new dragons and pink hybrids. got lots of white/red fails now.

GDude118
02-23-13, 10:23 PM
I completely agree with this thread. I've had to start trading in my duplicate rares and super rares for more room. Plus I am apparently the only person who puts his diamond hybrids in small color habitats instead of diamond fields. I know it's not money efficient but, I have made and decorated a awesome diamond hybrid exclusive island and would hate to have to change it just for a few new dragons. Please more habitats teamlava! :)

P.S. anyone can come to my island and look at my diamond hybrid island. I think it looks awesome and hope everyone else does also. :) my ID is GDude118

tonguelashing
02-23-13, 11:30 PM
I completely agree with this thread. I've had to start trading in my duplicate rares and super rares for more room. Plus I am apparently the only person who puts his diamond hybrids in small color habitats instead of diamond fields. I know it's not money efficient but, I have made and decorated a awesome diamond hybrid exclusive island and would hate to have to change it just for a few new dragons. Please more habitats teamlava! :)

P.S. anyone can come to my island and look at my diamond hybrid island. I think it looks awesome and hope everyone else does also. :) my ID is GDude118

Came and took a look, I'm "Gilligan's Isle" :-)

You'd actually use the same number of habitats by making those diamond habitats. You even have room by shuffling your mercury to a large water habitat where you have 1 or 2 water based dragons. Then build diamond habitats for the other dragons and finally for your mercury.

It does look good though.

doop01
02-24-13, 12:01 AM
I agree with just about everything here too. When trading/ crafting came out for ios I figured It's in the future for Android too so started keeping some of the rarer duplicates. Now tho that we have the new dragons and the pinks on V.E. I've had to start selling off heaps I was keeping for trading etc. ATM I still have a bit of room as there are still a couple of super and ultra rares I don't have yet (curse that scorpion!) but as I'm getting the new ones I've sold quite a few for the new habitats :( not real happy I had to do that

gotalotaluv
02-24-13, 12:12 AM

Ok ... I looked and I love it! Gave me an idea of what to do with my pink hybrids! I have a few duplicate baby dragons and I'm letting them sit there till I figure out how I'll do this. It does look good - I'm HC, btw .. lol

gotalotaluv
02-24-13, 12:59 AM
Ok ... found an island, Merlin's Realm - id: gollumsden on the "how many dragons are you still missing" thread and he invites ppl to come see his island - he has ALL DRAGONS -- EVERY ONE ... and has the following number of habitats:

3 yellow
4 red
4 green
5 blue
4 light
5 purple
7 diamond
1 passion
2 pink

and still has room to decorate. Now did I count the number of each dragon in each habitat? No, someone else can do that plz .. lol But he's done and AWESOME job in getting the dragons and most are in epic form .. i even saw a dupl witch! FANTASTIC JOB!

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-24-13, 07:53 AM
Ok ... found an island, Merlin's Realm - id: gollumsden on the "how many dragons are you still missing" thread and he invites ppl to come see his island - he has ALL DRAGONS -- EVERY ONE ... and has the following number of habitats:

and still has room to decorate. Now did I count the number of each dragon in each habitat? No, someone else can do that plz .. lol But he's done and AWESOME job in getting the dragons and most are in epic form .. i even saw a dupl witch! FANTASTIC JOB!

Pretty cool. Of course I had to go and take a peek.

I have a neighbour who also has all dragons. All but 3 commons in epic form! Her island is extremely pretty, and she's got a couple of duplicates too!!

tonguelashing
02-24-13, 10:41 AM

3 yellow
4 red
4 green
5 blue
4 light
5 purple
7 diamond
1 passion
2 pink

Took a peek at this too. quite nicely done.

yayacupcake
02-24-13, 12:09 PM
Pains me to see all the iOS decorations on your guy's islands... I'm looking forward to getting them when android gets updated.

I hope they do bump up the habitat cap, I use 7 green habitats on the top section coupled with uncleared trees to make it feel like a forest-y area. It's the only area I fully decorated so far. If I am forced to nix some of the habitats just so I have have 1 of each dragon, that would make me sad :(

GDude118
02-24-13, 07:36 PM
Ok ... I looked and I love it! Gave me an idea of what to do with my pink hybrids! I have a few duplicate baby dragons and I'm letting them sit there till I figure out how I'll do this. It does look good - I'm HC, btw .. lol

Thank you. Glad I inspired you.

moosehay
02-24-13, 08:46 PM
I think 'need' is getting confused with 'want' by a lot of people. If you have all the dragons now available (counting diamond and gemstone types), there is room for 11 more dragons. If you choose to have small habitats, more than 1 passion pit or more than 2 diamond fields, that makes you 'want' more habitats, not 'need' them.
Of course, everyone will play how they choose and no way is right or wrong, I'm just saying there is a difference between needing and wanting more habitats...

moosehay
02-24-13, 08:52 PM
I think 'need' is getting confused with 'want' by a lot of people. If you have all the dragons now available (counting diamond and gemstone types), there is room for 11 more dragons. If you choose to have small habitats, more than 1 passion pit or more than 2 diamond fields, that makes you 'want' more habitats, not 'need' them.
Of course, everyone will play how they choose and no way is right or wrong, I'm just saying there is a difference between needing and wanting more habitats...
Forgot I was missing pumpkin and witch...so, if you have all the dragons, you have room for 9 more and that also includes all the LE types.

kurebiz
02-24-13, 09:36 PM

3 yellow
4 red
4 green
5 blue
4 light
5 purple
7 diamond
1 passion
2 pink

so its possible to have all the dragons (I assume no duplicates?), diamond hybrids in the diamond habitats and still fit into 35 habitats?

I do understand why droids are running out of habitat space though, given that we don't have trading yet.
Personally the only reason why I'd hope that the habitat cap be increased is because of this.

grondai
02-24-13, 09:46 PM
It's not possible to have all the diamond hybrids in separate diamond habitats unless you buy the 4 dragon habitats

so its possible to have all the dragons (I assume no duplicates?), diamond hybrids in the diamond habitats and still fit into 35 habitats?

I do understand why droids are running out of habitat space though, given that we don't have trading yet.
Personally the only reason why I'd hope that the habitat cap be increased is because of this.

azychan
02-24-13, 11:16 PM
You forget multiples dragon, if you accidently get more than 1 diamond or more than 1 infinity, can you sell them to make rooms for lower earning coins dragons?

tonguelashing
02-26-13, 05:52 PM
With the onset of the Dark/black dragons, I'm sure the habitat cap will be increased, question is whether or not it'll be enough.

kurebiz
02-26-13, 06:34 PM
Will there ever be enough? Haha. I did a rough calculation. we'd need around 36-37 habitats to have all the dragons (diamond hybrids on diamond fields) and no duplicates. Hope they increase cap to 40.

tonguelashing
02-26-13, 07:21 PM
Will there ever be enough? Haha. I did a rough calculation. we'd need around 36-37 habitats to have all the dragons (diamond hybrids on diamond fields) and no duplicates. Hope they increase cap to 40.

I hope so too.

codenamezebra
02-27-13, 02:29 AM
Insanity loves company, so come on in and stay awhile.
Bwahahaha....yup I am sure part of the crowd now!! I plan on staying awhile...crazy right ;)

tonguelashing
02-27-13, 10:46 AM
Bwahahaha....yup I am sure part of the crowd now!! I plan on staying awhile...crazy right ;)

I think I started the insanity so there's no hope for me now :-)

cheenuts
02-27-13, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking it'd be nice if we can get "nursery islands" on Dragon Story.
1. You can put ANY dragon babies on this island, as long as they are less than Level 4.
2. You can't send the babies to Evolution from this island...i. e., you have to move them to ordinary color based islands before Evolution.
3. The size of the island -> 2x2; can carry 3 baby dragons.
4. The price of this island should be around ... 50,000???
How does this sound?

DraconJakc
02-28-13, 12:12 AM
You forget multiples dragon, if you accidently get more than 1 diamond or more than 1 infinity, can you sell them to make rooms for lower earning coins dragons?
Agree. I for one do not aspire to have all types of dragons if my habitat get's full. I will keep duplicate rares. Afterall, what's the use of having low earning Fire or Forest that you can buy for less than <1000 coins & hatch in 30 seconds?

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-28-13, 01:47 AM
Afterall, what's the use of having low earning Fire or Forest that you can buy for less than <1000 coins & hatch in 30 seconds?

Totally agreed.... if or when I ever become stuck for space, I'll get rid of those 2.

plby
02-28-13, 06:21 AM
Agree. I for one do not aspire to have all types of dragons if my habitat get's full. I will keep duplicate rares. Afterall, what's the use of having low earning Fire or Forest that you can buy for less than <1000 coins & hatch in 30 seconds?

Might want them for breeding Crusader and Quetzal or to complete the 10 epics needed for the boost - they're cheap to get to epic after all - otherwise they're pretty useless :)

dw9893
02-28-13, 01:02 PM
This was a thread I was asked to copy/move by a TL Staff member.. at least we have their attention on the habitat increase issue. They need to FIX the issues resolving animations that are limiting habitat expansions before releasing more content that will force end game users to decided between content they want to have... THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE Team Lava.. FIX IT!

- Frustrated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO HABITAT INCREASE

wow... KNEW that was coming.

FIX THAT PROBLEM TL.... OR LOSE PAYING CUSTOMERS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see a recent post I made regarding increasing the Habitat limit here. Also, please continue the discussion regarding Habitats on the current thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read that thread, which was closed so I was unable to respond there.. so I'll respond here. I get the limitations that you spoke of.. however your tream hasnt made any great stride to fix the issue. Whether its reducing current animations, or removing a few to allow for habitat expansions, or allowing for some non animated dragons. There needs to be a RESOLUTION before you continue to expand the game with new content. You say you are considering your entire fanbase with the releases, but thats NOT TRUE.. you force people with end game scanarios to remove some of the content they have already worked towards if they want new content. I get the fact that people want new content, noone likes a stale game... but at the same time Id rather have the same 90 dragons until the resolution of habitat incease is solved before adding content that forces me to remove other content Ive spent hours working towards. Trust me, there are a LOT of people who feel this way. You are overly frustrating the hard core players who used to enjoy the game.

RotomGuy
02-28-13, 01:40 PM
And suddenly... HABITAT INCREASE!

40 habitats now. Enjoy everyone~

GavGav2
02-28-13, 01:48 PM

Yah, ENJOY MORE LAG.. I think this might just be a test increase to 40

jonathanharker
02-28-13, 01:50 PM
Dang! MINUTES after I sell off a big white meadow to make room. How about letting us keep dragons and habitats in storage if there's a technical reason for the cap?

dw9893
02-28-13, 02:11 PM

=D. TL listens.. you just have to get their attention and be persistant.

So I will thank them now.

Thanks!

lizziet519
02-28-13, 02:21 PM
So ios got more habitats and android didn't. Big surprise. I had to sell a habitat to get the black and I have room for exactly 2 dragons that have to be red. Lovely.

[S8] Elsa
02-28-13, 02:25 PM
=D. TL listens.. you just have to get their attention and be persistant.

So I will thank them now.

Thanks!

Glad that you feel TeamLava is taking feedback into consideration and listening! We really do read and pass on all that we can. ^_^

Eep! Please note that it was a carefully thought out plan based on continuous feedback over time. We read and collect tons of feedback, but the turn around time isn't instant and there's a lot of factors that go into it. Don't want to give anyone the impression this was a 5 minute decision.

jasmilyn
02-28-13, 02:26 PM
So ios got more habitats and android didn't. Big surprise. I had to sell a habitat to get the black and I have room for exactly 2 dragons that have to be red. Lovely.

I'm on Android, and I got the increase too. Try restarting your game.

salinho
02-28-13, 02:36 PM
Glad that you feel TeamLava is taking feedback into consideration and listening! We really do read and pass on all that we can. ^_^

Eep! Please note that it was a carefully thought out plan based on continuous feedback over time. We read and collect tons of feedback, but the turn around time isn't instant and there's a lot of factors that go into it. Don't want to give anyone the impression this was a 5 minute decision.

Thanks Pony! :) with this new element, they really had to increase the limit. Nice of them. :) and thank you to all the mods who pass on all our requests, feedback, complaints, whinings,etc.
These kinds of decisions and their execution take months. And all the while we're always complaining... Oh well. XD but then we're happy when we get what we want! :)

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 05:27 PM

And there was much rejoicing :-)

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 05:27 PM

Thanks Pony...Now if you can just do something about the trading/crafting on Android, we'd be happier again :-)

salinho
02-28-13, 05:48 PM
Thanks Pony...Now if you can just do something about the trading/crafting on Android, we'd be happier again :-)

And those gold traps, eh?
... Nah. They'll never fix that. But hey, trading and crafting has to come sooner or later.

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 06:09 PM
And those gold traps, eh?
... Nah. They'll never fix that. But hey, trading and crafting has to come sooner or later.

I'm optimistic. I've been a programmer for a long time so I know what it's like trying to write for multiple platforms (iOS, Windows, and Linux in my case, and if you want to go for the browser issue, writing good PHP and CSS that works properly in all web browsers can be just as much of a pain I might add). I'm cutting them some slack as I do believe they are working on it. Yes, it's not in the time frame we'd all like, but I'm a fairly patient guy :-)

salinho
02-28-13, 06:52 PM
I'm optimistic. I've been a programmer for a long time so I know what it's like trying to write for multiple platforms (iOS, Windows, and Linux in my case, and if you want to go for the browser issue, writing good PHP and CSS that works properly in all web browsers can be just as much of a pain I might add). I'm cutting them some slack as I do believe they are working on it. Yes, it's not in the time frame we'd all like, but I'm a fairly patient guy :-)
I think that having someone, who understands the mechanics of these things, who comes over and explains how these things work and take time, really helsp reassure many of us. After all, you know what you're talking about and you're a player like us. :) thanks for your input! And let's remain optimistic.

[S8] Elsa
02-28-13, 07:01 PM

You wouldn't want me working on it. I'd probably break something. Pony hooves and coding don't mix. :P

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 07:14 PM
I think that having someone, who understands the mechanics of these things, who comes over and explains how these things work and take time, really helsp reassure many of us. After all, you know what you're talking about and you're a player like us. :) thanks for your input! And let's remain optimistic.

Glad I can help. Hope to continue to do so.

tonguelashing
02-28-13, 07:14 PM
You wouldn't want me working on it. I'd probably break something. Pony hooves and coding don't mix. :P

maybe not, quite hard on the keyboards actually. But some pony hooves to the butts of some programmers may help :D

Delforce
02-28-13, 09:06 PM
Lol...tonguelashing, pony roar and other funny buggers, you are the best medicine. Every time I read ur posts I crack up laughing. You all make the game :)
I seem to be spending just as much time in the forums as I do in the game, just to read ur posts. Thanks guys :D

hamadrys
03-01-13, 06:16 AM
maybe not, quite hard on the keyboards actually. But some pony hooves to the butts of some programmers may help :D

LOL ! Loving this ! :D

salinho
03-03-13, 10:29 AM
So now we need to include one habitat (for now) for the black dragons... :)

drevo77
03-03-13, 10:48 AM
I think they would have to invent another computer system from another galaxy to keep us lot happy sometimes! lol

anemos
03-03-13, 08:21 PM
So, I had some time and did some calculations. As of this date (February 22, 2013) there are 90 potential dragons including LE dragons and Gemstone dragons.

In making the most of your habitats you have to remember a few things. Gemstone dragons can only go in a habitat of their own color. TL Will most liking release new gemstone dragons from time to time, and it's always best to put a dragon in a habitat the holds the most coins, particularly true for when you sleep (you *do* sleep and not play DS all night right? :cool:) Also, passion dragon, and diamond and infinity dragons can ONLY go on their respective habitats.

OK here is exactly what you *need* for habitats. I am assuming only one of every dragon, no duplicates. for iOS users, duplicates can be traded for materials to use in crafting dragons and decorations. Android users and Kindle users must sell duplicate dragons if they run out of room (though I hope that changes in the very near future)

1 fire habitat - fire dragon, ruby dragon, 1 free slot (2 dragons)
1 Passion Pit - Passion Dragon, Left Heart, Right heart (3 dragons)
3 air habitats - air dragon, firestorm, honeybee, eagle, scorpion, Topaz Dragon, pumpkin, 2 free slots (7 dragons)
5 forest habitats - forest dragon, emerald dragon, life, fruitful, fairy, parakeet, elf, wild, landworm, snowman, rose, forest fire, scarecrow, turkey (15 dragons)
5 water habitats - water dragon, sapphire dragon, island, mist, serpent, mind volt, athletic, seabreeze, atlantis, mermaid, clown, storm, mirage, fireworks, 1 free slots (14 dragons)
6 magic habitats - magic dragon, poison, charm, genie, coral, titan, familiar, trickster, cupid, wizard, planet, mistmoth, aurora, super, witch, zombie, 2 free slots (16 dragons)
6 light habitats - light dragon, fuzzy, winter, love, sunrise, luck, griffin, laser light, pegasus, ice cream, hypnotic, dream, leopard, tusker, Ceasar, boo, 2 free slots (16 dragons)
3 pink habitats - Virtue, flower, kite, bubble, origami, justice, tiny, chocolate, 1 free slot (8 dragons)
2 diamond habitats - diamond, infinity (2 dragons)

Currently that's 32 habitats for 83 without the diamond hybrids.

We have a total of 9 free slots for 7 more dragons. Should work right? Well, did you take a look at where those free slots are? For the sake of argument, let's place our diamond hybrids in those slots:

Crusader takes the spare fire slot
Mercury takes the spare water slot
anubis takes 1 magic slot
angel takes 1 light slot
unicorn takes 1 pink slot
gold takes 1 air slot

This leaves Quetzal requiring his own habitat. It's senseless to build a forest habitat so you build a diamond habitat for him for a grand total of 33 habitats for 90 dragons with 2 habitats to spare

But putting the diamond hybrids in with their elemental habitats is not efficient, you're not gaining the benefit of a diamond hybrid's earning potential. So really, each diamond hybrid should be in a diamond habitat (for a total of 39 habitats) OR an upgraded diamond habitat that holds 3 diamond dragons and hybrids with 100,000 coin earning on the habitat. This upgraded diamond habitat would cost $1,000,000 coins to build.

I know MANY players want to display their diamond hybrids in a diamond habitat. Also take into account that new gemstone dragons are sure to come out. PLUS New dragons come out each week eliminating the free slots in the standard elemental habitats.

So bottom line, we need more habitats AND we need an upgraded diamond habitat.

Yes, you can probably do some more fancy rearranging to accommodate things, but you're not gaining the maximum benefit by doing so. I don't know what limitations there are on the programming end of things, though I'm sure loading more habitats will slow things down a bit. I know the Valentines Edition on Android is slow or impossible to move around some islands, particularly those with lots of decorations and such. But that's where better memory management and garbage collecting is required (Programmers will know what I'm talking about there).

This of course is just my opinion.

PS: The timeout on the forum is too low. I couldn't type this note and post it in time. Had to copy text, log in again, and paste it in. This really needs to be fixed. I should be able to stay logged in until I log out.

Im glad that you laid out the layouts to get every single dragons in the game with the most money earning habitats for us, but now since there is a Dark habitat if you don't mind can you remake or update your list there including the dark habitat for most money making habitats including having every single one of those dragons? Your work wil be much appreciated, thank you!

tonguelashing
03-03-13, 09:27 PM
Im glad that you laid out the layouts to get every single dragons in the game with the most money earning habitats for us, but now since there is a Dark habitat if you don't mind can you remake or update your list there including the dark habitat for most money making habitats including having every single one of those dragons? Your work wil be much appreciated, thank you!

Well, its pretty easy actually, add 1 large black habitat with 3 black dragons. :-)

I may actually add another list including habitat coin counts and maybe a plan for which dragons you should put together in your habitats for even money earnings as much as possible.

kurebiz
03-03-13, 11:03 PM
Well, its pretty easy actually, add 1 large black habitat with 3 black dragons. :-)

I may actually add another list including habitat coin counts and maybe a plan for which dragons you should put together in your habitats for even money earnings as much as possible.

I Think it would be best if there is one free slot in the 4 basic colours so we can max habitats without worrying about space to put dragon to evolve for trading. Well. When trading arrives to android that is!

tonguelashing
03-04-13, 12:15 PM
ok, so new night habitats will be needed as they release more hybrid dragons, which is kinda what I thought might happen. :-)

salinho
03-04-13, 01:02 PM
ok, so new night habitats will be needed as they release more hybrid dragons, which is kinda what I thought might happen. :-)

Yup. So far,two habitats are needed for the black dragons!

anemos
03-05-13, 10:03 AM

That will be great and very helpful! Do inform me thru PM first if you're working on em and tell me how it goes pal or when its published :D

KindleFire083
05-30-13, 02:01 AM
When will these calculations get an update since it is linked in the Guide thread it should be up to date :)

KindleFire083
05-30-13, 02:04 AM
I think it is that darn Honeybee that is waking us up because it is a hybrid of Red and Yellow which have the smallest coin capacities.Notification message: One of your habitats are overflowing with coins!Get up and collect those coins baby :p

kooky panda
05-30-13, 05:48 AM
When will these calculations get an update since it is linked in the Guide thread it should be up to date :)
Closing thread to prevent confusion, since information is not up to date.