PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally sold a dragon - can you get it back?

GerryBos
02-22-13, 07:56 AM
Hi,

My son, who is 6, accidentally sold his favorite dragon and he is distraught. It is as though he lost a real pet, and he is really grieving. It's a good lesson for him on the one hand, but on the other, is it possible to get the dragon back? I've emailed the support team, but wanted to see if anyone had had this experience and been successful.

Thank goodness it's a pixelated dragon, and not a real pet, although his grief is the same.

Trudi

hamadrys
02-22-13, 08:06 AM
I don't think so, unfortunately. Is it a dragon easy to breed ? Maybe you can breed it again and speed it up a bit ? Good luck.

Colliinnn
02-22-13, 08:11 AM
I don't know, maybe if they can see everyones history on the server then it might be possible but if not i don't think it is really possible. Would be very easy to say that i sold my gold dragon and get it with no problems. because this one really don't want to come to my collection haha

GerryBos
02-22-13, 08:23 AM
It's just a fire dragon, so it is easy to get another one, but unfortunately, being 6, he has become attached to that one and doesn't want another one. Hopefully the support team can help; otherwise this is an Important Life Lesson ... :( I'm just glad it has happened with a pixelated dragon and not a real pet. Our dog is 14 and so maybe this is good practice for the inevitable there.

cedkugedchgd
02-22-13, 08:42 AM
awww :(

kwhales
02-22-13, 08:43 AM
It's just a fire dragon, so it is easy to get another one, but unfortunately, being 6, he has become attached to that one and doesn't want another one. Hopefully the support team can help; otherwise this is an Important Life Lesson ... :( I'm just glad it has happened with a pixelated dragon and not a real pet. Our dog is 14 and so maybe this is good practice for the inevitable there.

They are really quick to breed and evolve. Can't you do it while he is napping or asleep for the night. If you remember the name of the original one, you can even change it to that too.

elaur
02-22-13, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure if I would go the "death of a pet" way or the "replace" and hope they don't notice. The only problem is that you have to lie to the kid to actually replace it. So I would suggest making up where the dragon might have gone and that it wanted to go so he could raise a new one. Whenever we have to get rid of stuffed animals it's a big deal but the kids do better when we can have a story behind it. He could help make one up.

All that said I hope you get it back since it's not even a rare one so it's obviously sentiment.

elaur
02-22-13, 08:52 AM
(also) We've had quite a few pets die (we have short lived animals like hamsters and lizards) and the kids do learn about death that way. Good luck

GerryBos
02-22-13, 09:08 AM
I hadn't realized I had those options - thanks for letting me know. Now I just need to decide if it's good parenting to replace the dragon. He is really distraught. On the other hand, if we don't take good care of the things we love, we can lose them. Sigh.

kwhales
02-22-13, 09:11 AM
I hadn't realized I had those options - thanks for letting me know. Now I just need to decide if it's good parenting to replace the dragon. He is really distraught. On the other hand, if we don't take good care of the things we love, we can lose them. Sigh.

He's 6 and it was a mistake. He has plenty of time to learn about death. Give him this one. But tell him next time, he may not come back from 'visiting' or 'vacation' or whatever you tell him the dragon is at now. he has to be careful.

piebandit
02-22-13, 10:56 AM
Parenting wise, you have an out, since the dragon was "sold" not "****ed". You could have found the "buyer" and bought the dragon back. Perhaps take away something else of his and say it was the cost of buying it back, if you want to go that route.

Kvich
02-22-13, 11:07 AM
Just wondering, what dragon did the poor soul sell?
If support can't help, maybe if there is enough players willing to give, "sacrifice" one of their daily gifts, he can get his favourite dragon back.
I'd certainly be willing to post a gold bar into the project. :)

tuskmage
02-22-13, 12:10 PM
Parenting wise, you have an out, since the dragon was "sold" not "****ed". You could have found the "buyer" and bought the dragon back. Perhaps take away something else of his and say it was the cost of buying it back, if you want to go that route.

Funny how in this world; day in and day out we always teach our youngster to be trueful & be honest. But we always have to find a good way to lie to them. ;)
In this case he only lose a fire Dragon, it can be easily fix; no need to bother TL suport, they are too busy for that. You can easily buy another Fire dragon from the market, it only take 30sc to get it out of the nets. every 30sc to bring the Fire dragon to the level that his original fire dragon was. Rename the Dragon... Waala your dragon doesn't like the new owner his missed you and came back last night. Happy Ending, Hope that help.

[S8] Elsa
02-22-13, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this! Please email our Support team at support@teamlava.com with information about the issue. Be sure to include your Storm8 ID.

Please note that our Terms of Service (http://storm8.com/terms) states the following regarding the age requirement for playing our games:
"By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that (1) you are age 13 or older, (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Use, and (3) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Use."