PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event [Winner's Announced!] Topaz Dragon Sweepstake! Enter for a chance to win 5,000 Gold!

[S8] Elsa
02-21-13, 11:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6nf6JAX.png

The multi-faceted beauty of the Topaz Dragon is a sight to behold. Its ability to land on its feet from tricky falls and majestic bejeweled mane gives this Dragon a regal look. Help us fill Dragon Story with Topaz Dragons for a chance to win a heaping pile of 5,000 Gold! Join us in another sweepstake to show off your Dragon crafting s****s!

Sweepstake and Rules:
Starts: Thursday, February 21st at 11am PST
Ends: Wednesday, February 27th at 11am PST

- CRAFT or BUY 1 Topaz Dragon for 1 entry!
- EVOLVE a Topaz Dragon to level 10 for 10 entries!

10 players will win 5,000 Gold each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

You can craft or buy a Topaz Dragon for this sweepstake through the following versions:

Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id594076335)
Dragon Story for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id513474544)

The option to craft the Topaz Dragon is not currently available on Android or Kindle, but you can still participate through the following versions:

Dragon Story for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon)
Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon5)
Dragon Story: New Dawn for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon2)
Dragon Story for Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/TeamLava-Dragon-Story/dp/B008OOYALE/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1361473408&sr=1-1&keywords=dragon+story)

Check out our other contests for more chances to win FREE Gold or Gems in the game of your choice!
Concept Contest (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46312-Concept-Contest!)
Find The King Stormies Contest (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46749-Find-The-King-Stormies-Contest!)

UPDATED WITH WINNERS:

http://i.imgur.com/nYfER43.png

RotomGuy
02-21-13, 11:38 AM
I might actually do this one, thanks to the vat of spare Parakeet Dragons I have.

Mani_Sari
02-21-13, 11:42 AM
Wow a contest for a Gemstone Dragon, time to trade those extra Elf Dragons.

ShelesSweets
02-21-13, 11:49 AM
Of course kindle is left out. I honestly believe kindle users aren't able to obtain any of the dragons you have contest for. I've never been able to breed a single dragon that you have contests for. How about a contest just for kindle users since you leave us out of all the other contests. Why the discrimination against kindle?

doop01
02-21-13, 11:53 AM
Yeah, doesn't really help android either. We got the pop up but we can only buy with gold :(

sweetstuff525
02-21-13, 11:54 AM
Crafting my first one now .... 20 hrs to craft and then 20 to hatch. 20 hrs to to evolve plus another 20 hrs to epic

Wow 80 hrs

Good luck everyone

MissStateGirl
02-21-13, 12:09 PM
Good Luck to the IOS users.. as for me (Android) I wont be participating in this Contest, What upsets me is now Everything I login to the game I have to see this Message!!

grondai
02-21-13, 12:15 PM
Maybe if you lower food costs I'll attempt this lol

wassupbaby
02-21-13, 12:16 PM
Crafting my first one now .... 20 hrs to craft and then 20 to hatch. 20 hrs to to evolve plus another 20 hrs to epic

Wow 80 hrs

Good luck everyone
You need to evolve 3 times to reach epic. So 100 hrs if you have all the materials :)

grondai
02-21-13, 12:18 PM
You need to evolve 3 times to reach epic. So 100 hrs if you have all the materials :)
Lol uhhh not for me and sweetstuff. We evolve dragons at lvl 6 and 9. Perks of being a seasoned player

sweetstuff525
02-21-13, 12:23 PM
Lol uhhh not for me and sweetstuff. We evolve dragons at lvl 6 and 9. Perks of being a seasoned player

Lol yeah I only evolve at level 6 and then to epic
Gotta plant some food

RotomGuy
02-21-13, 12:31 PM

I'm seasoned as well! I was here when there was no Magic hybrids ;3

cedkugedchgd
02-21-13, 12:38 PM

*highfive*

LilMzB4Life
02-21-13, 12:39 PM
Guess I'll be skipping this contest. I already used my food up just getting chocolate to epic form.

grondai
02-21-13, 12:46 PM
Guess I'll be skipping this contest. I already used my food up just getting chocolate to epic form.

I haven't gotten my chocolate to epic yet. It's sooo much food

yuannek29
02-21-13, 12:50 PM

iPad players don't have to evolve from level 3 to 4. This game is so different on all the different platforms, it's ridiculous.

RotomGuy
02-21-13, 12:55 PM
iPad players don't have to evolve from level 3 to 4. This game is so different on all the different platforms, it's ridiculous.

That's not it. My brother has an iPad yet he has to do it.

Older players who were playing before the 3 to 4 evolving change happened don't have to do that stage, as a "thank you for testing" gift I suppose.

wassupbaby
02-21-13, 01:16 PM
i want that tooo :( *cry*

wassupbaby
02-21-13, 01:21 PM
First i thought finally i could have more than 1 dragon to participate the contest , but then i see the food costs .... Ehhh dont even think about it !

NeferTsukia
02-21-13, 01:26 PM
Is its hatching/evolving time really 20hours? Yikes. I'll just bother with one Topaz, then. Or maybe an adult and a baby...sooooo cute.

I hate you. :p
Oh well... I suppose that you "Dragon Story Grandparents" have to have certain perks. Like a priority line to the caretaker bathroom and that special seat on the caretaker bus.
Yup. Oldies.

finnth12
02-21-13, 01:28 PM

Wow 80 hrs

Good luck everyone

Me too, :)

RotomGuy
02-21-13, 01:30 PM
Is its hatching/evolving time really 20hours? Yikes. I'll just bother with one Topaz, then. Or maybe an adult and a baby...sooooo cute.

Oh well... I suppose that you "Dragon Story Grandparents" have to have certain perks. Like a priority line to the caretaker bathroom and that special seat on the caretaker bus.
Yup. Oldies.

We aren't oldies! Back in my day... Oh no, maybe we are!

(But honestly, I remember the day Forestfire and Mistmoth got released, everyone was unhappy because every dragon was an original design up until then)

UnoRaven
02-21-13, 02:04 PM
"Android and Kindle users can still participate"

that's hilarious

enoch4
02-21-13, 02:12 PM
Is its hatching/evolving time really 20hours? Yikes.

Mine was 20 hours to craft - now in the nest it is 24 to hatch.

NeferTsukia
02-21-13, 02:20 PM
Mine was 20 hours to craft - now in the nest it is 24 to hatch.

Thanks enoch4 ! Yikes, 24 hours... Thank goodness for my 2nd nest. This contest is gonna be a tight one for those who want more than 1 topaz.

(But honestly, I remember the day Forestfire and Mistmoth got released, everyone was unhappy because every dragon was an original design up until then)
A-ha! Gotcha :p
Ahaha, really? Wow! And Mismoth is so pretty ^^ hey, we could sit round a campfire and listen to you veterans tell us stories like that... Eheheh. :)
But sometimes I feel like a seasoned player , though I've only been around since July...that's because I catch myself thinking, "seven months and still no bloody diamond"!! Yeah :| lol.

OpeningCeremony
02-21-13, 02:49 PM

actually it first happened when Atlantis, Planet, and Seabreeze were released. they were the first super rare hybrids to be released and they were all just recolors of other dragons. at least that's what i remember when ppl first started complaining. i think by the time forestfire and mistmoth got released, those were at least altered a bit compared to its counterpart.

LilMzB4Life
02-21-13, 03:02 PM

that's hilarious

IKR!!! As long as we don't mind using real world money for gold bars!!! Would be nice if the gold prices were lowered since we don't have the ability to craft.

empress2013
02-21-13, 03:32 PM

that's hilarious

It sounds like a bad joke but theyre serious! I can not figure out why TL thinks people are going to PAY to enter a contest

itzahoudini
02-21-13, 03:47 PM
Mine is hatching add itzahoudini

The egg is so nice!

badoodie
02-21-13, 04:56 PM
Pretty tacky of TL to force Android users to have to see the popup. Thanks! /sarcasm/

MazShaddix
02-21-13, 05:38 PM
Thanks enoch4 ! Yikes, 24 hours... Thank goodness for my 2nd nest. This contest is gonna be a tight one for those who want more than 1 topaz.

A-ha! Gotcha :p
Ahaha, really? Wow! And Mismoth is so pretty ^^ hey, we could sit round a campfire and listen to you veterans tell us stories like that... Eheheh. :)
But sometimes I feel like a seasoned player , though I've only been around since July...that's because I catch myself thinking, "seven months and still no bloody diamond"!! Yeah :| lol.

I've only been playing since may / June and only got my diamond a month ago, after only deciding to try for it and getting it on the 8th try :)
But I want this dragon regardless of contest, coz this is my birthstone and I want to sit I my in with my scorpion as a birthday habitat lol

Candy3030
02-21-13, 06:07 PM

Did I miss something here????
Seasoned player ? Meaning ? Is it a glitch ?
Im pretty sure Ive been playing since around the begining, so im not sure what this is about?
Is it possible to have an explination, plz.

Candy3030
02-21-13, 06:14 PM
Did I miss something here????
Seasoned player ? Meaning ? Is it a glitch ?
Im pretty sure Ive been playing since around the begining, so im not sure what this is about?
Is it possible to have an explination, plz.

Ok got it :) Sorry bout that , I read back and I guess I havent been around as long as I thought.
Lucky for you guys...

Back on topic, sorry ;)
Got at least one Topaz, thats all Im going for ;)

MonkeyMomma76
02-22-13, 12:35 AM
Pretty tacky of TL to force Android users to have to see the popup. Thanks! /sarcasm/

Yah it's no picnic for me either since every single time I log into one of the other apps on my phone it makes me go through ALL EIGHT pop-ups :-(( Seriously annoying to read the same posts like a hundred times a day. We get the message guys...it should stop after like the first ten or fifty times you dismiss it. Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhhh!!!

tonguelashing
02-22-13, 12:50 AM
Yah it's no picnic for me either since every single time I log into one of the other apps on my phone it makes me go through ALL EIGHT pop-ups :-(( Seriously annoying to read the same posts like a hundred times a day. We get the message guys...it should stop after like the first ten or fifty times you dismiss it. Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhhh!!!

You should only get it once a day and then stop. Even if you quit the app or if it restarts for whatever reason (Happens all the time). Just once a day. Also, if you get a popup about a new dragon, but you aquire that dragon, you should stop getting that popup. It's freakin annoying!

If you don't completely quite the app, just suspend it, you won't get the popups, but the game is often out of sync until you do a task like visit someone, so it's always best to quit and restart the app, just without all the annoying popups.

huhuloo
02-22-13, 02:51 AM
I don't get any popup for sweepstake since Cupid. Anyone know what's going on? I'm in iOS platform.

RotomGuy
02-22-13, 02:53 AM
I don't get any popup for sweepstake since Cupid. Anyone know what's going on? I'm in iOS platform.

I haven't got any sweepstakes pop-ups at all D:

Seems only some people get it.

Darkstorm2
02-22-13, 03:07 AM
actually it first happened when Atlantis, Planet, and Seabreeze were released. they were the first super rare hybrids to be released and they were all just recolors of other dragons. at least that's what i remember when ppl first started complaining. i think by the time forestfire and mistmoth got released, those were at least altered a bit compared to its counterpart.

Those were good times. Good times...

Darkstorm2
02-22-13, 03:10 AM

Yup. Oldies.

Now I feel old. Lol 😜

RotomGuy
02-22-13, 03:16 AM
Those were good times. Good times...

I know! There was even some hullabaloo over whether or not the Charm Dragon was a fake or not, despite even being on the TL blog XD

I feel old as well now :3

OpeningCeremony
02-22-13, 11:22 AM
I know! There was even some hullabaloo over whether or not the Charm Dragon was a fake or not, despite even being on the TL blog XD

I feel old as well now :3

lol omg i forgot about that one!! how about when 2nd nest was 25 gold, 3rd nest was 50 gold, and 4th nest was 100 gold? those were magical times indeed.

SybreTiger
02-22-13, 03:35 PM
I've stopped caring about these contests once I realized that in the he past, what, 5 contests?, that not a single person from these forums have won. That's like odds of winning the lottery, which I don't play in real life. Now I just breed the dragons just to get them, and if I happen to get entries into the contest in time, alright, but I don't go out of my way for it. Especially with the ridiculous feeding costs of the Topaz.

kwhales
02-22-13, 04:43 PM
I haven't ever cared about these contests. With millions of players, the odds are really against you. And this one, with Android and Kindle pretty much not able to participate (yeah they can buy it, but why when someday they will (and should) be able to craft it), I don't think its a fair contest. But this is my opinion.

gail66
02-23-13, 12:47 AM
team lava made this a greedy dragon level 8 needs 5.600 food x6 anyone know how much food for epic

wassupbaby
02-23-13, 02:24 AM
team lava made this a greedy dragon level 8 needs 5.600 food x6 anyone know how much food for epic

10.000 x 5 = 50.000 food to epic :)

NeferTsukia
02-23-13, 03:56 AM
I haven't ever cared about these contests. With millions of players, the odds are really against you. And this one, with Android and Kindle pretty much not able to participate (yeah they can buy it, but why when someday they will (and should) be able to craft it), I don't think its a fair contest. But this is my opinion.

Same. I just want the pretty dragon, that's all. So I might not bother to epic it, since it's such a cute baby. :)

Horntail21
02-24-13, 06:23 PM
Is it even possible to get one to epic in the allotted time without spending gold?

SybreTiger
02-24-13, 07:15 PM
Well if you had all the materials/food, yeah. 20 hours craft time, 24 hours hatch time, 24 hours baby to juvi, 24 hours juvi to adult, 24 hours adult to epic. That's only 4 days and 20 hours, roughly 5 days. Contest is 7 days.

wassupbaby
02-25-13, 02:13 AM
Actually , contest runs only 6 days ! :)

DottySpottyYeah
02-25-13, 09:06 AM
Wow 10000 food for epic!!! Thats really a lot!
Would be nice to have an extra farm for that one.

cookiemonstur
02-25-13, 05:28 PM
I'm curious to know if the way we have our island names has any input on winning? Mine is using different letters to make it look cooler & I hope that doesn't affect me in the contest cause so far my topaz is almost to level 9 & i'm working on crafting another one as well to get them both to level 10

sand
02-26-13, 03:01 AM
I'm curious to know if the way we have our island names has any input on winning? Mine is using different letters to make it look cooler & I hope that doesn't affect me in the contest cause so far my topaz is almost to level 9 & i'm working on crafting another one as well to get them both to level 10

They need to announce winners in a text font that everyone can read. Your "cooler" name may get you the cold shoulder; not just in the contests, but from other players who may not even be able to read it. But don't feel bad; just pretend you're a Kindle player who bought those Topaz eggs just because you want a cooler dragon.

sand
02-26-13, 03:15 AM
Topaz sweepstakes ends tomorrow, so if you're crafting a 2nd one today and hope to get it to epic by deadline, you must have lots of gold -- enough to get a name change to ensure that at least one Topaz gets into the contest. Also, if Topaz #1 is "almost to level 9" it sounds like you may be struggling to feed that glutton as it is. Be happy to just hatch #2 in time.
I'm not in the running for this sweepstakes, so I'm rooting for YOU to win! Heheh. 

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-26-13, 03:21 AM
Is it even possible to get one to epic in the allotted time without spending gold?

Yeah. I didn't use any gold. Mine will be at Epic in about 13 hours-ish. It did help that I already had everything needed to craft it as soon as it was released.

I don't expect to win, but the food I'm storing was just collecting dust anyway! May as well blow 100,000 of it to feed one dragon.

Baraze
02-26-13, 03:31 AM
Meh, i dont care about contests anymore. Ive wasted so much food on these useless dragons who eat more than they give. I could have gotten my other dragons evolved by now to get the boosts from the goals. Or got my diamond family all dressed up for puberty to go to the island prom. Never again. Almost went broke making food.

Spiceshirl
02-26-13, 05:24 AM
That Topaz dragon is a greedy monster!! How can a cat eat so much??? But then again if you put food in its mouth it's not going to roll over and sleep ( sigh). I was going for a goal of 300, 000 apples but each time I get close a new dragon is release and my goal keep slipping away!!! I finally got it to 293,000 plus apples after feed that Caesar and chocolate to epic but with this topaz it's now back right down to 200,000 again:mad: why does a dragon need 100, 000 food to make epic??? This game is becoming a food and gold heist!!

jovanisto
02-26-13, 09:24 AM
Yeah ! Topaz just entered the temple to get to epic ! Wow i spent all my millions growing food round the clock and i started off with 50,000 ! Well, at the rate i'm getting new dragons (ie veeeeeeeery few) i'm just playing "grow all my dragons to epic" anyway... So sooner or later it would have been this guy's turn. But 90,000 to go from 7 to 10? A bit much !
By the way this dragon is super cute ! Might craft another when i get bored....

Ok back to expanding ;) need to grow a stash of coins again !

RotomGuy
02-26-13, 09:27 AM
Didn't make mine to Epic, but oh well. At least I got an entry for once XD

skygazer
02-26-13, 10:16 AM
Meh, i dont care about contests anymore. Ive wasted so much food on these useless dragons who eat more than they give. I could have gotten my other dragons evolved by now to get the boosts from the goals. Or got my diamond family all dressed up for puberty to go to the island prom. Never again. Almost went broke making food.

I second that, already gave up such contests, i wonder why all the new dragons love food.

kenneth407
02-26-13, 10:22 AM
I have topaz , but can't until level 10 (Epic)
cause topaz , need many food :(

cookiemonstur
02-26-13, 12:38 PM
It's readable for sure but definitely not worth changing my name just to hope I can win :( that stinks

gentry5
02-26-13, 12:43 PM
Got mine to epic today but when I saw it took 10000 food at lvl 9 I almost had a heart attack but it is so pretty I just had to have it contest or not.

mica4817
02-26-13, 01:00 PM
It's 20 hrs to craft & 24 hrs to hatch & 24 hrs to evolve. Feeding it is just not worth talking about. Come on, seriously? Lvl 9 & 10,000 food, that comes to 50,000 just to evolve a Lvl 9. Wondering if any1 had a hard time in the feeding department? By the time everything is said & done, really no1 should win this contest. Not enough time to do what needs to be done

grondai
02-26-13, 02:59 PM
I don't think anyone remembers that the light dragon feeding prices used to be over 100k food to get to lvl 10. I bet they lower the feeding costs again so it doesn't seem that bad, but it is. TL needs to understand that they have to make it possible to feed one dragon to max lvl each week, but at this rate it's not

hgar24
02-26-13, 03:07 PM
Has anybody on android bought this dragon with gold? If so is the feeding the same or does it increase like those on ios?

grondai
02-26-13, 03:11 PM
Has anybody on android bought this dragon with gold? If so is the feeding the same or does it increase like those on ios?

Idk if you will get your answer her but I would assume that they food prices are the same. I think? That they increased food prices for android users right?

hgar24
02-26-13, 03:27 PM
Idk if you will get your answer her but I would assume that they food prices are the same. I think? That they increased food prices for android users right?

yeah never mind...

grondai
02-26-13, 03:37 PM
yeah never mind...

Geez pardon my grammar in that post

hgar24
02-26-13, 03:40 PM
Geez pardon my grammar in that post

lol no im sorry I just meant that I found out that it is the same

jovanisto
02-27-13, 10:12 AM
I did feed my topaz in 5 days... You just have to be growing food round the clock and stop expansions / clearings. It's a lot but it's feasible. I don't understand the discussion about the island name ?

drachenvater1
02-27-13, 01:17 PM
Wann werden die Gewinner bekannt gegeben? ??

cedkugedchgd
02-27-13, 01:19 PM
Wann werden die Gewinner bekannt gegeben? ??

ich glaub daf?r brauchen die noch ein paar tage :) mehr als eine woche wird's, denk ich, nicht dauern :D

grondai
02-27-13, 03:14 PM
I did feed my topaz in 5 days... You just have to be growing food round the clock and stop expansions / clearings. It's a lot but it's feasible. I don't understand the discussion about the island name ?

Yea but it's too much for someone working or going to school everyday

jovanisto
02-27-13, 10:53 PM
Yea but it's too much for someone working or going to school everyday

On my ipad mini ican actually play offline as long as the game does not try to connect for news or pop ups.... So i take the game to work, and harvest and plant a few times during the day.

zhynabella
02-28-13, 12:14 PM
hello, does anyone know if the winners for this contest are out yet? thanks!

smokeatertim
03-01-13, 09:00 PM
How do I know if I won the contest...

It looks like my name is one the list of Winners.

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-01-13, 10:37 PM
How do I know if I won the contest...

It looks like my name is one the list of Winners.

It looks like? It either is or it isn't lol

I'm thinking that you go into your game one day and 5,000 gold is just siting there waiting for you..... ahhhh must be nice! :D

Congrats if it was you! Finally someone in the forum won :D

FrozenTurtle
03-02-13, 01:03 AM
Congratulations to our winners!

http://i.imgur.com/nYfER43.png

Island Names are not unique and it is possible to have more than one player with the same name. Please note that winners have already been awarded.

henrylucky
03-02-13, 02:10 AM
Congratulations to the winners :)

LilMzB4Life
03-02-13, 04:45 AM
Congratulations to all of the winners!!!

goneplumcrazy
03-29-13, 08:54 PM
I want in goneplumcrazy