PDA

View Full Version : Data usage

bfflauren4ever
02-20-13, 05:02 PM
Does playing Pet Shop Story use up data on my wireless plan? I have not put many games on my phone, and this one I put on for my daughter. Just wondering now if its going to eat up my data usage for the month.
Thanks!

kooky panda
02-20-13, 05:22 PM
If you play on wifi, no, but if you play on cellular(3G/4G) it will use up your data.

nmishii
02-20-13, 05:27 PM
Pet Shop Story seemed to take up more data than my other TL games. It also drained my battery and made my phone hot. It also force closed a lot. This is on a Samsung Galaxy S (really bad) and Galaxy S3 (not as bad). If you clear your applications and cache before playing its not that bad. This was late last year. I have unlimited data on my phone so I don't care about data usage, and was playing with my new Galaxy S3 when I saw the data usage graphs - no comparison to other apps. I also quit playing Pet Shop Story because of the toll it took on my battery, and it became real slow because the prices are real high (e.g., 211K for an upgrade) and wait times too long (2-7 days for some breedings). And there is no way to earn gems in the game and gem pets are required to complete goals and collections.

Sorry TL, but its true.

bfflauren4ever
02-20-13, 05:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. Nmishii...I feel the same way. I would rather pay up front for a game and be able to access everything within the game for free, than to have a game for free but have to pay as I go. I doubt we will be playing it much more, if it eats up my data then it's just not worth it!

nky1111
02-20-13, 06:37 PM
it uses alot when u buy or look at new stuff - the pictures download to your device.
so when short on data u may just collect and answer requests ,it uses very little then

bfflauren4ever
02-20-13, 10:05 PM
Good to know. Thanks!