PDA

View Full Version : Castle in the sky

hamadrys
02-19-13, 05:59 PM
From TL blog :

"Diamonds may be a girl?s best friend, but where does that leave all the other types of gemstones? Trade-in for more gemstones and craft the new Topaz Dragon in Dragon Story! Be sure to also get the new Castle in the Sky; a perfect addition to your floating Island."

Anybody knows what this is ?

NeferTsukia
02-19-13, 06:01 PM
Sounds quite interesting... :)

grondai
02-19-13, 06:08 PM
Yea... I have no idea what that would be

grondai
02-19-13, 06:14 PM
Seems like it will just be a decoration of a floating castle but I could be wrong. Orrrr maybe it will be something like the dawn tree. One of the tree patches will open up to be a floating castle that does something like store dragons. Who knows

grondai
02-19-13, 06:18 PM
Seems like it will just be a decoration of a floating castle but I could be wrong. Orrrr maybe it will be something like the dawn tree. One of the tree patches will open up to be a floating castle that does something like store dragons. Who knows

Sorry let me explain that better. Before the dawn tree there was a patch of non removable trees in that area. They came out with new dawn and the trees turned into the dawn tree and let us buy boosts for our habitats. Maybe one of the non removable patches of trees will turn into this floating castle. I hope it does something cool if it does

knj00
02-19-13, 06:44 PM
I wonder what it will be.... I know in the in-game FAQ the dragon storage is called Dragon Stables and Storage so I don't think this will be it, unless they changed the name.

They have been giving us so much lately and I'm loving it. :)

tonguelashing
02-19-13, 06:59 PM
I wonder what it will be.... I know in the in-game FAQ the dragon storage is called Dragon Stables and Storage so I don't think this will be it, unless they changed the name.

Giving so much for some, but for Android (and more so Kindle), not as much. Some improvement, but hoping for more equality.

NeferTsukia
02-19-13, 07:05 PM
Dragon Stables, huh? Oh boy. These updates... x)
I wonder, could it be a floating habitat? Cause that would be kinda awesome xD

profsink
02-19-13, 07:13 PM
Sounds like another Decor in the line of Gazebo and Lakeside Castle. I suspect it'll cost around 150 gold.

Darkstorm2
02-19-13, 07:54 PM
Sounds like another Decor in the line of Gazebo and Lakeside Castle. I suspect it'll cost around 150 gold.

Maybe 800 gold...

jrodt333
02-19-13, 08:33 PM
My guess is an expensive gold decoration, although I've never heard of a floating decoration in a TL game before, so I have high hopes. Maybe it can be a second island with its own habitat cap? :) (That loads seperately to avoid loading issues)

mamareader02
02-19-13, 09:06 PM
Hmm....floating island...sounds familiar;)

codenamezebra
02-19-13, 09:12 PM
http://blog.teamlava.com/post/43522557245/new-content-february-19-21-2013 sounds like decoration.... from the blog "Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but where does that leave all the other types of gemstones? Trade-in for more gemstones and craft the new Topaz Dragon in*Dragon Story! Be sure to also get the new Castle in the Sky; a perfect addition to your floating Island.With all this new content, be sure you don’t miss out on any of it. Share your comments and feedback by visiting our*Facebook page."

saintlover
02-19-13, 11:16 PM
hmmm there is a clump of trees that wont clear on one of the bottom floating islands... exciting!

opanugie
02-20-13, 12:18 AM
i think its a expansion, a new island up in the sky

dapplefur
02-20-13, 12:19 AM

I noticed that too. it looks like iOS will be eventually getting more features. we will also get boosted breeding and a quest outpost to send our dragons on quests. I'm just hoping they don't dumped all these updates on us at once.

henrylucky
02-20-13, 08:50 AM
On FB
Take your Island to new heights with the new Castle in the Sky, coming soon to Dragon Story! Visit the TeamLava page for more updates!

mamareader02
02-20-13, 09:28 AM
And of course,open your wallets,cause there's no way it's gonna be available for those of us who don't want to pay outrageous amounts of gold for it!i understand a few things should be for gold,but lately it's everything!

hamadrys
02-20-13, 10:17 AM
Yeah, that is what I am afraid of too.

knj00
02-20-13, 11:07 AM
Yep, after thinking about it it's probably an expensive, pay with gold, decoration....

hamadrys
02-20-13, 11:09 AM
And if it is an expensive "buy with gold" decoration, that's fine, I won't care so much. But if it is a path to another island and we have to spit a ton of gold...that will totally suck.

tuskmage
02-20-13, 11:29 AM
Yep, after thinking about it it's probably an expensive, pay with gold, decoration....
Probably, just need to trade in 2 Diamond dragons for it.

dapplefur
02-20-13, 01:07 PM
teamlava updated their blog. it's a decoration.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/queengraphics/tumblr_inline_mij7r8XuYQ1qz4rgp_zps3ece3f5a.png

grondai
02-20-13, 01:08 PM

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/queengraphics/tumblr_inline_mij7r8XuYQ1qz4rgp_zps3ece3f5a.png

Aww I was hoping it would do something

tonguelashing
02-20-13, 03:17 PM

Looks like something out of Mario Brothers.

NeferTsukia
02-20-13, 03:21 PM

I wonder how many hundreds of pieces of gold it'll cost. -.-

tonguelashing
02-20-13, 03:31 PM
I wonder how many hundreds of pieces of gold it'll cost. -.-

Theoretically could be craftable too like the Cabin.

mammami08
02-20-13, 03:37 PM
I was just thinking the same, just without all the bombs to avoid ;)

mammami08
02-20-13, 03:39 PM
Looks like something out of Mario Brothers.

Sorry, somehow the quote didn't attatch, but my previous post was a replay to this ...?

NeferTsukia
02-20-13, 03:53 PM
Theoretically could be craftable too like the Cabin.

Hmm. Fingers crossed!

tonguelashing
02-20-13, 03:58 PM
Hmm. Fingers crossed!

craftable does nothing for us android (and kindle) players though until we are all using the same version and same features.

hamadrys
02-20-13, 04:24 PM
Not my type of decoration ay all... But if others like it, awesome. But I would love the trade and craft feature.

NeferTsukia
02-20-13, 05:55 PM
craftable does nothing for us android (and kindle) players though until we are all using the same version and same features.

Yes I know... :( but still, crafting will eventually be available for you guys! Would you rather it cost gold? Cause I for one am not buying it if it costs gold ;p

tonguelashing
02-20-13, 06:13 PM
Yes I know... :( but still, crafting will eventually be available for you guys! Would you rather it cost gold? Cause I for one am not buying it if it costs gold ;p

Well the cabin costs gold (80 gold), but can also be crafted. So I see a similar possibility here.

MomsHouseofSweets
02-20-13, 06:58 PM

i won't buy it because I'm pretty sure the gold price tag is going to be too steep. I've not checked the Market, so for all I know, it's there. As for crafting for Androids ... we've heard all about the "working on it", the eventually and the rest for so many months ... I don't put any store in it anymore. Hopefully, some day I'll have to eat those words, but I'm doubting it will be in the near future. I don't know if many Androids (including Kindle) believe it will happen for a long time. Hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am.

grondai
02-20-13, 07:05 PM
Has anyone noticed it doesn't really look like a castle. It's mostly a boat that looks like it may take us to another island

Candy3030
02-20-13, 08:08 PM
Has anyone noticed it doesn't really look like a castle. It's mostly a boat that looks like it may take us to another island

I completly agree... My sister said that to me this afternoon.
Another game that we play has a boat that you take to go to another island (like a second island that we can continue on).
That would be great in my opinion.
Great observation, I wouldent have thought of that , even though one of my other game has that ;)

jrodt333
02-20-13, 10:27 PM

Where'd you see that? I haven't seen any pics of it yet.

jrodt333
02-20-13, 10:30 PM
*Checks blog* You're right, Grondai. I hope this really does take us to a different island, but I doubt it will.

grondai
02-20-13, 11:22 PM
*Checks blog* You're right, Grondai. I hope this really does take us to a different island, but I doubt it will.

I hope it does too but since a second island was suggested not to long ago I doubt it. Maybe it will serve a purpose later on. Or maybe they planned this before it was suggested.

It also wouldn't be hard to make the boat quickly and allow a duplicate island, but then again they usually let people test these types of things before full release

tonguelashing
02-21-13, 12:15 AM

Don't need another island. We have PLENTY of room on the islands we have really, no need for more, just to slow things down more (longer loading times, longer processing time, etc), make it harder to find dragon habitats to play, etc.

We do need more habitats, I'd go for 10 more at least. You almost need 10 just for the diamond hybrids if you want to display them on a diamond habitat which most people do, as it earns the most money and requires the less play time, no need to clear habitats quite as often from their larger earning potential.

It's a decoration, nothing more. It makes things look pretty and allows people to be more artistic with the design of their island and thus more fun, but not required for the game, not really anyway.

jrodt333
02-21-13, 08:24 AM
Don't need another island. We have PLENTY of room on the islands we have really, no need for more, just to slow things down more (longer loading times, longer processing time, etc), make it harder to find dragon habitats to play, etc.

We do need more habitats, I'd go for 10 more at least. You almost need 10 just for the diamond hybrids if you want to display them on a diamond habitat which most people do, as it earns the most money and requires the less play time, no need to clear habitats quite as often from their larger earning potential.

It's a decoration, nothing more. It makes things look pretty and allows people to be more artistic with the design of their island and thus more fun, but not required for the game, not really anyway.

The idea for the 2nd island is that it loads seperately to avoid loading issues. And it comes with a new habitat cap. But I agree with you; I don't think the Castle in the Sky is anything but a decoration.

kwhales
02-21-13, 09:08 AM

I think the boat is just a decoration that may come out today. I think the castle isn't coming today. The blog said soon. But soon to TL may be a day or months.

foxxiegirl
02-21-13, 09:30 AM

Looks like a Castle to me actually. It has the walls and towers on it....Think of it like a house boat only it can fly.

tonguelashing
02-21-13, 11:36 AM
900 GOLD! O M G! I don't think so.

grondai
02-21-13, 11:49 AM
It's free if you craft it

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/Grondai/3c4fd8c30220ea412197b9e00239adb1_zps05ed1cdc.jpg

tonguelashing
02-21-13, 11:54 AM

Kind of thought they might go that route like the caretakers cabin. But I can't craft on Android just yet.

sweetstuff525
02-21-13, 11:58 AM

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/Grondai/3c4fd8c30220ea412197b9e00239adb1_zps05ed1cdc.jpg

What you need to craft it?
I was in hurry when I saw topaz I just pressed craft lol
Oh and how long does it take
Thanks

dapplefur
02-21-13, 12:04 PM
What you need to craft it?
I was in hurry when I saw topaz I just pressed craft lol
Oh and how long does it take
Thanks

One large amethyst, three small topaz and two small emeralds. It takes 20 hours.

Large amethyst takes 10 small amethysts and takes 16 hours to craft.

RotomGuy
02-21-13, 12:05 PM
One large amethyst, three small topaz and two small emeralds. It takes 20 hours.

Large amethyst takes 10 small amethysts and takes 16 hours to craft.
That's a lot, although this one seems worth it~

SybreTiger
02-21-13, 01:21 PM
I have everything needed for it except a small topaz. :) Almost there... And I have everything needed for the Topaz Dragon. :D

LilMzB4Life
02-21-13, 02:59 PM
Would be nice if Kindle users had crafting abilities or even lower the cost for Kindle users instead of having it the same price as iOS when they have the ability to craft it instead of using gold. JMHO

UnoRaven
02-21-13, 04:54 PM
I can't believe that TL thought 900 gold was a reasonable price. That's mindblowing. They're not going to sell a single one of these.

bigbux3
02-21-13, 05:15 PM
I can't believe that TL thought 900 gold was a reasonable price. That's mindblowing. They're not going to sell a single one of these.

I agree. But I'm just relieved you can craft one in the Craft Shop.

MomsHouseofSweets
02-21-13, 05:26 PM

Yeah, they will ... someone will pay the 900 gold bars. Won't be me, though! LOL

hamadrys
02-21-13, 05:35 PM
Neither me. I mean when you see the beauty of the castle, gazebo, statues and the reasonable price they sell them (even in gold), it is an attainable goal for whoever wants to save the gold and get it that way. Beautiful decoration for reasonable amounts, that is what we want. No a monster viking boat with a castle built on it for 900 gold ! That is insane !

tonguelashing
02-21-13, 05:38 PM
Neither me. I mean when you see the beauty of the castle, gazebo, statues and the reasonable price they sell them (even in gold), it is an attainable goal for whoever wants to save the gold and get it that way. Beautiful decoration for reasonable amounts, that is what we want. No a monster viking boat with a castle built on it for 900 gold ! That is insane !

Yes, I'm actually tempted to get the castle, I think that is worth the 120 gold. It's beautifully designed and reasonable price.

The Castle in the Sky is also beautifuly designed, but I think it's so expensive BECAUSE it is also craftable. Because its' craftable it takes longer to aquire, it's more work, and you may end up spending goald to speed things up anyway. I think that's what TL is counting on.

hamadrys
02-21-13, 05:58 PM
I have my eyes and the gazebo and after downloading a few games from TL to try out, I almost have enough gold to get it. So excited !!!

hamadrys
02-21-13, 05:59 PM
"on" the gazebo.

kwhales
02-21-13, 06:19 PM
I had my eyes on the castle and got it with game goals too. I want the gazebo too, but all my game goals are gone now. I will need to wait until I get more goals.

I am glad this castle in the sky is craftable. Topaz is crafting now, and I will have to clear more land before I can get this.

grondai
02-21-13, 06:48 PM
Maybe it's craft able for a reason :)... I see a future second island in this "deco"

saintlover
02-22-13, 09:06 AM
When I originally saw the 900 gold price on it my jaw dropped and thought I love it, but there is no way I can pay that. Soooo glad its a craftable item. I had everything I needed already so now I have it on my island and love it!

Cyclohexane
02-22-13, 02:41 PM
When I originally saw the 900 gold price on it my jaw dropped and thought I love it, but there is no way I can pay that. Soooo glad its a craftable item. I had everything I needed already so now I have it on my island and love it!

Nice, another ios exclusive item. No way I'm paying 900 gold for a decoration.

Darkstorm2
02-22-13, 08:22 PM
Maybe 800 gold...

Ha ha ha... I was close. But it is craftable. So craft away!

Flashygrrl
02-24-13, 05:00 AM
Sooo, 900 gold. That's about $35 give or take some because I'm too lazy to pull out a calculator. No way. You don't want to bring crafting to Android that's your deal, but I'm not paying out the nose just to have that thing taking up valuable space.

drevo77
02-27-13, 08:37 AM
I crafted the castle in sky thing, expecting something really exciting.., er what does it actually do?

kooky panda
02-27-13, 08:44 AM
I crafted the castle in sky thing, expecting something really exciting.., er what does it actually do?
It is a decoration only.

drevo77
02-27-13, 09:21 AM
It is a decoration only.
Ok, cool..thanks for that., heard rumours it was going to take off and fly around or open up into something else! thanks for clearing that one up!

DragonTan1
02-27-13, 09:37 AM
Can somebody tell me about the decorations that do stuff please, or share a link?

tonguelashing
02-27-13, 10:42 AM
Can somebody tell me about the decorations that do stuff please, or share a link?

Decorations are just that, decorations. They don't do anything other than look nice on your island.

J85909266
02-27-13, 11:18 AM
Wish I could craft. This decoration takes me back to my Mario 3 days.

DragonTan1
02-27-13, 11:46 AM
Decorations are just that, decorations. They don't do anything other than look nice on your island.

Thanks.

tonguelashing
02-27-13, 12:26 PM
Thanks.

Oh, there is one exception. The boost buildings that came out with new dawn. They increase the coin yield on your habitats. One for each of the main habitats (none for pink). You get them by completing the ___ Dawn goals (white dawn, blue dawn, etc) But they are classified as buildings as opposed to decorations.

DragonTan1
02-27-13, 01:06 PM
Oh, there is one exception. The boost buildings that came out with new dawn. They increase the coin yield on your habitats. One for each of the main habitats (none for pink). You get them by completing the ___ Dawn goals (white dawn, blue dawn, etc) But they are classified as buildings as opposed to decorations.

Ok cool, I'll check those out.

zhynabella
02-28-13, 12:16 PM
Nice one but doesn't float !!! ;X just sits there taking up ground space as if its parked instead of "in the sky".

hajra4
03-29-13, 10:18 AM
hi I have a question why did my sisters who just started using dragon story and they got the castle in the sky without purchasing it why didn't I ??

hajra4
03-29-13, 10:20 AM
and one more thing why didn't I get the spinning wheel you should definitely make it fair to everyone this is not fair!