PDA

View Full Version : Your customers will love this ah-maize-ing southern comfort dish!

[S8] Elsa
02-19-13, 02:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/59SsjKB.png

Give your customers the delights of Corn Bread in Bakery Story (https://www.facebook.com/bakerystory)!

LalaSmooth
02-19-13, 02:09 PM
Looks nice. Bring Irish decorations in for st patricks day

ashrb
02-19-13, 02:33 PM
Yuck, I'm not a fan! I'm from the south and cornbread does not belong in a bakery.. Cornbread is usually eaten along side with dinners. Very strange to see it on a plate with fruit -_-

Baraze
02-19-13, 02:37 PM
Corn bread is treated like bread or a dessert in Louisiana. Looks amazing! ive been dying for a new recipe.

ashrb
02-19-13, 02:42 PM
Corn bread is treated like bread or a dessert in Louisiana. Looks amazing! ive been dying for a new recipe.

In Texas it's more of a bread than a dessert. I don't think I've ever had the sweet cornbreads! I wish this teaser was more precise in what kind of cornbread bc I know there's the buttermilk kind which tends to be more of a dessert?

cortnylyn
02-19-13, 03:32 PM
My grand dad would put molasses on his sometimes or Maple Syrup. Midwest living lol I sometimes will add cheese/onion to the batter.

Baraze
02-19-13, 04:28 PM
In Texas it's more of a bread than a dessert. I don't think I've ever had the sweet cornbreads! I wish this teaser was more precise in what kind of cornbread bc I know there's the buttermilk kind which tends to be more of a dessert?

My Mom makes it with red beans and rice or collard greens. Its more like a bread in that instance because its lightly sweetened and more savory. My sis adds lots of sugar and makes it more dessert like. I just think its gross alongside any type of dish and eat it like plain ole bread. Im just happy we have new food to make. Id love a New Orleans theme.

ashrb
02-19-13, 05:29 PM
My Mom makes it with red beans and rice or collard greens. Its more like a bread in that instance because its lightly sweetened and more savory. My sis adds lots of sugar and makes it more dessert like. I just think its gross alongside any type of dish and eat it like plain ole bread. Im just happy we have new food to make. Id love a New Orleans theme.

I would love to see a southern theme! I would have been happy to have a Mardi Gras theme with king cakes & beignets..Yummy!

bigbux3
02-19-13, 06:18 PM
But... corn bread is usually a side and not eaten as a "bakery sweet"

cherryberry9
02-19-13, 06:44 PM
Eeew I hate cornbread even those I was born in the south.

MamaBear2515
02-19-13, 07:59 PM
Looks yummy i always put honey on my cornbread. Delish!!

redleodragon
02-19-13, 08:04 PM
New recipe! Now I can get 2 more gems for mastering it!

redleodragon
02-19-13, 08:10 PM
New recipe! Now I can get 2 more gems for mastering it!

Oops! I mean soon!

qtmomma
02-21-13, 06:36 PM
cornbread is good, as long as it's done right and still warm...though more of a dinner dish, and it doesn't look like corn bread

ariesblu
02-21-13, 06:41 PM
cornbread is good, as long as it's done right and still warm...though more of a dinner dish, and it doesn't look like corn bread

I agree. I usually see cornbread in squares or in muffin-sized circles, but this looks sort of like a cake.

FantageTiffy
02-24-13, 01:03 PM
Is there Bakery Story: Valentime on IPad?