PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Dragons

itzahoudini
02-19-13, 02:02 AM
Will people be able to obtain the older dragons when the season comes back around? Example being I started playing in early december and I want to be able to breed the witch, boo, turkey, etc. Will they become available the next year in the same month? That would be great, we should all have a chance to get all of the dragons regardless if we started late.

wassupbaby
02-19-13, 02:38 AM
Yeah i want those too but now ,not next x-mas. Im not sure if i'll want to play DS in 10 months :|

faisal01911349250
02-19-13, 02:51 AM
Yea me too

J85909266
02-19-13, 10:40 AM
They probably will. No way to be sure, though.

sollia
02-19-13, 10:47 AM
Will people be able to obtain the older dragons when the season comes back around? Example being I started playing in early december and I want to be able to breed the witch, boo, turkey, etc. Will they become available the next year in the same month? That would be great, we should all have a chance to get all of the dragons regardless if we started late.

But isn't that the appeal of limited dragons? That you have a short time to get one and then it goes away. That's what makes them special.

Darkstorm2
02-19-13, 11:06 AM
The zombie dragon needs to come back next year

[S8] Elsa
02-19-13, 11:51 AM
I can't speculate on whether or not previous seasonal Dragons will return to the game, but that's quite a few months away. In the mean time, you can tell us what Dragons you'd like to see in May by creating a concept for the Concept Contest (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46312-Concept-Contest!)!

To stay up to date with all of the Dragon Story news and updates, you can follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/DragonStoryGame) and Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/DragonStoryApp).

itzahoudini
02-21-13, 03:30 PM
Yeah so if it went how I think it should, theoretically, if you play Dragon Story for one full year you will unlock the ability to breed all the dragons. If you start in March lets say then play for a year, you would be able to get the dragons that just came out in the past few months within the following 12 months based on when the dragons originally came out. So I can get the October and November dragons (Boo, Witch, Pumpkin, Turkey, and Zombie) I missed in 2012 in October and November of 2013. Thank you!!!!!!

itzahoudini
02-24-13, 04:10 PM
How do other people feel?

NeferTsukia
02-24-13, 04:27 PM
How do other people feel?

I'm hoping they will return this year, at about the same time as in 2012. I didn't get the witch.

yayacupcake
02-24-13, 04:30 PM
I think some should come back and then others shouldn't. Though I'm not sure which I would say "Stay" or "Retire". But that's what makes them rare and gives you incentive to stick around. Kind of a bragging right.

Person A: " Wow, never seen that one! Where you get it? "

Person B: " I been playing this game for years, that was one of the very first ones which is no longer available. Pretty nifty huh? "

If everything is available to everybody then they aren't very special now are they?

NeferTsukia
02-24-13, 04:36 PM
That's not very fair though. And older players already do have their perks.

kurebiz
02-24-13, 04:45 PM
It coming back doesn't mean you can get it. I spent so much time trying for witch and zombie. I have none.

sollia
02-24-13, 05:11 PM
Honestly I think older players SHOULD have perks. They've dedicated more time to the game and have earned some extra goodies. That's my opinion at least.

Let's say next October rolls around and you're still playing. They come up with new LE dragons like Mummy or Dracula. You work hard in the limited time to get them and then players who weren't able to get them or weren't around to get them ask for them to return. Wouldn't you want the limited dragon you worked for to stay limited?

grondai
02-24-13, 05:34 PM
Well I think they will come back because the LE dragons are in our album. I think if they planned on not letting them return they would have kept them out of the album

NeferTsukia
02-24-13, 05:49 PM
Honestly I think older players SHOULD have perks. They've dedicated more time to the game and have earned some extra goodies. That's my opinion at least.

They do. Many of them only evolve their dragons twice. A pretty cool perk, IMHO.

Personally I didn't get the witch. Would like to try again in October, but that doesn't mean I'll breed it.

hamadrys
02-24-13, 06:23 PM
I would love the Halloween to come back. I started playing a little bit before that and didn't get the whole LE concept. I had zombie out of pure luck, but I would love to get the others (especially Boo).
Now, personally, I think people should get a chance to breed them again. It is just a game after all, no need to be so greedy about "I have it and you don't, lalala". Please...

kwhales
02-24-13, 06:50 PM
I personally don't want then coming back. It was a little 'gift' or extra that players got for playing at a given time. Like players who played from the beginning only have to evolve at 6 and 9. Its a little extra as a thank you. Having them come back would make the whole concept of limited time mute.

Just think, people who start maybe next month or later, possibly won't get cupid or the arch or the xmas dragons. But you who are playing right now have a chance (or had a chance) at them.

Its all fair as special dragons will always come out for different occasions. So no matter when you start playing, you will possibly end up with a dragon someone newer doesn't have.

tonguelashing
02-24-13, 07:32 PM
I'm mixed. I see both sides. Myself, I managed to get a zombie dragon, tried hard for boo but only got luck dragons, didn't care about pumpkin, and couldn't get witch, also didn't get turkey.

I think it would be great if they came back, with maybe *one* additional dragon each season to give everyone a change ce, but I'm also OK if they don't bring any back and just keep designing new ones.

I also think the elf and snowman dragons should disappear now (probably should have done so at end of January personally) and cupid and rose should disappear at end of February, but keep chocolate as that's not really seasonal per se.

But don't feel strongly any particular way. New dragons keep the game interesting and fresh.

tonguelashing
02-24-13, 07:34 PM
Well I think they will come back because the LE dragons are in our album. I think if they planned on not letting them return they would have kept them out of the album

They are only in the album if you have them. If you don't have them, the LE dragons do not show up. If you only have one or two, only those dragons show up.

NeferTsukia
02-25-13, 03:03 AM
I like the concept of them only being attainable once a year. I think that's quite enough. Never being breedable again, well... Not so much. :p I mean, think about it. Witch was availabe for a very short time, given its horrid poisonous fail times!
I do like the idea of them coming back, but if they have other concepts for more seasonal dragons by then, it would be fun to unleash them all at once for a little while...xD
I mean. Younger players who don't have them would struggle to get the new and the old ones. The rest of us would be able to chillax a bit.
UNLESS they made the other limited editions with the same color combos. THAT would be annoying...lol.

yayacupcake
02-25-13, 05:17 AM
Another good idea is that if they do re-release them, is to color them differently. That way you still get to get them again but older players have the original coloring that will not be used again.