PDA

View Full Version : Blocked doors

zenobiaz
02-17-13, 07:28 AM
Why do some people block their doors when there's food on the counters and more food being cooked? I see this mostly among lower levels but thought I'd ask in case there's something I've missed... :confused:

nky1111
02-17-13, 07:51 AM
because it's not enough food. or maybe they don't know yet that at midnight the game will start consuming food anyway. or they are in different time zone)))

zenobiaz
02-17-13, 07:56 AM
Well... Don't they want to sell the food they have?! From what I've seen your reputation goes up quickly as soon as you have food to serve so I don't see the point...

nky1111
02-17-13, 09:07 PM
RS sells too fast ,especially for low level players that don't have 18 ovens. so the food disappears in a hour and it just gets boring.. i've used to close a lot back then..

jflux
02-17-13, 11:39 PM
I'm at 99 and have never used this method. I understand those who will be away for days to weeks or quitting completely, but to block the doors at a 50+ level always confused me.

AutumnHikari
02-17-13, 11:51 PM
I'm level 53 and I started blocking my door overnight again. I don't want to, because I know when I open it'll all disappear extra fast, but I just can't seem to keep food on the counters. All day I cook lots of short to mid time recipes, and cook longer ones overnight to serve in the morning, but I still have this problem. And seeing all my counters empty drives me crazy. So, that's my reasoning anyways.

TheDanimal82
02-18-13, 07:29 AM
I've been passively experimenting with this. I will occasionally go on runs and accumulate 15,000+ dishes of French toast in a couple hours. Did this the other day and noticed the food was not selling out as quickly (door was unblocked when I started the run & remained unblocked). I saw in another thread that if you block your door and accumulate a good quantity of food, the game will initiate a hyper-sell and sell off your food very quickly. Recently blocked my door overnight to see if I could speed up the sell process to get more coin. Didn't seem to have an effect. I wonder if there is some kind of dish quantity threshold to initiate a hyper-sale, or if there is some sort of algorithm the game uses to adjust for and maintain a constant dish served/sell ratio over time. Anyone have any insight?