PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone finished the master botany request yet?

gwcastle
02-16-13, 12:22 AM
I spent a lot energy to get seedlings these days. But After the hard work, I repeatedly got the same flowers (2 Talinum Incarnadine and 3 Playful Trillium). I haven't seen any other types yet. If it keeps this way, I don't know how may seedlings I have to collect. The frustration is almost like getting super rare dragons in the Dragon story. Is anybody in the same boat as me?

Edit: don't chop down or sell plants before you have finished the quest as they may be removed from your progress. Eg if I have one amorous weed and clear it the goal will record that I don't have it.

You can no longer buy the plants in the market. You can still get them as random drops from the valentine botany recipe in the love shack or from valentine adventures.

dinoman23
02-16-13, 12:33 AM
Yes, I keep getting amorous weeds...seriously? It must take awhile though, I saw in one thread that vday stuff is for 6 to 8 more weeks...yikes.

wassupbaby
02-16-13, 12:59 AM
I did , no further goal. So take your time :)

carlyr2012
02-16-13, 06:31 AM
Just having trouble getting seedlings!!

gwcastle
02-16-13, 02:28 PM
I got another incarnadine today. Why the love shack always crafts the same flower? I had to buy four other kinds with gems earned from the game. But I still need the blossom and the mushroom circle, which I don't have enough gems to buy. This is a very frustrating goal.

mamareader02
02-16-13, 03:00 PM
Finally got something different-the mushroom circle

maguar
02-16-13, 03:08 PM
I've got all but lustweed from it so far.

rosewaterlily
02-16-13, 09:45 PM
Still need the playful trillium and the flowering bush, got at least two of everything else except the flutter mushrooms, which is good since I chopped one of my lustweeds and it didn't count in the goal until I got another one.

onemansmiracle
02-16-13, 09:54 PM
I still need a mushroom....

xfphua
02-17-13, 12:24 AM
Aft 10 times same kind of flower, I finally spend 18 gems for my last blossom. Yet nothing great! But I am tired of collecting seeds. Just be it.

foxxiegirl
02-17-13, 02:00 AM
I've only got one repeat so far and I have all but the flowering bush.

cloudsail
02-17-13, 04:25 AM
I got three talinum incarnadines in a row. I also have two lustweeds. You are not alone.

gwcastle
02-18-13, 01:59 PM
I spent a lot energy to get seedlings these days. But After the hard work, I repeatedly got the same flowers (2 Talinum Incarnadine and 3 Playful Trillium). I haven't seen any other types yet. If it keeps this way, I don't know how may seedlings I have to collect. The frustration is almost like getting super rare dragons in the Dragon story. Is anybody in the same boat as me?

My bad luck is still going on. Now I have 4 Talinum Incarnadine and 3 Playful Trillium. Besides the four flower I purchased, I still need the mushroom and sprites blossom. Basically no progress in the pass three days. This is even tougher than the golden apple. I have collected more than 100 seedlings already with countless energy and I don't see the end very soon. I am thinking leaving this goal aside and focusing on others (e.g. the Alicorn and books).

debsbaked
02-18-13, 05:54 PM
Must. Craft. MUSHROOMS! Come on!

marrrina
02-18-13, 06:17 PM
I finished it over the weekend. Now I impatiently wait for more pink stones so I can do Thurston's goal.

olcastle
02-18-13, 10:28 PM
Talking about bad luck... you can look at my kingdom, I put everything I've got in the middle.
Don't be sorry for me;)
Tried 20 times and still nowhere.

rengirl1978
02-18-13, 11:12 PM
I gave in and bought the 3-4 that weren't being produced with gems lol

olcastle
02-18-13, 11:31 PM
I don't buy anything with gems, I use them for gem traps. So I 'll keep trying.

justk9188
02-19-13, 12:21 AM
The only reason i'm doing this quest is for love skupun.
She only appears by collecting val plants, so i'll make a lot val plant.
Don't care much about unimportant quest with much effort but poor reward.

gwcastle
02-19-13, 01:06 AM
The only reason i'm doing this quest is for love skupun.
She only appears by collecting val plants, so i'll make a lot val plant.
Don't care much about unimportant quest with much effort but poor reward.

I already finished 30 love furs. But I am still stuck with flowers. I have 20 plants already but still searching for two more types.

rosewaterlily
02-19-13, 03:09 AM
Just finished my last one! Of course, I got too excited and fell into a gem trap right afterwards. :-/ But I won't have to collect from the flowers anymore and can focus energy on getting those pink jewels.

Anyuszko
02-19-13, 03:36 AM
I finished this quest very soon, but I still keep making flowers. I got a lot of seedlings, now I have like 13 flowers or so (bought only the first, crafted the rest), and when I tent them I usually get like 2-5 seedling.

Plus, I get seedling as a gift and re-gift the same (you know when you gift, you wont loose the item but the receiver gets it).

No need for so many flowers, but I like them :)

gwcastle
02-19-13, 04:36 PM
I finished this quest very soon, but I still keep making flowers. I got a lot of seedlings, now I have like 13 flowers or so (bought only the first, crafted the rest), and when I tent them I usually get like 2-5 seedling.

Plus, I get seedling as a gift and re-gift the same (you know when you gift, you wont loose the item but the receiver gets it).

No need for so many flowers, but I like them :)

You are really lucky to finish the goal without repeatedly getting the same flower. Now I have 4 Talinum Incarnadine and 4 Playful Trillium, 1-2 of a few other types, but still don't see the mushroom and the sprites. I have crafted 20 already.

debsbaked
02-19-13, 09:03 PM
Me toooo! Still no mushroom ring. :(

Anyuszko
02-20-13, 04:33 AM
You are really lucky to finish the goal without repeatedly getting the same flower. Now I have 4 Talinum Incarnadine and 4 Playful Trillium, 1-2 of a few other types, but still don't see the mushroom and the sprites. I have crafted 20 already.

When I unlocked the quest, i had only 3 types of flowers remaining. (Was crafting flowers since I got love shard). I wondered when I would finish the quest, but in 5 crafts i got the remaining 3.

Anyway, nothing comes after the quest, I mean there is no other goal appearing.

Good luck all to you, take your time, no need to hurry coz no more goals after it.

gwcastle
02-20-13, 12:35 PM
Finally got a sprite blossom. But still no mushroom. Now I have 7 Talinum Incarnadine and 4 Playful Trillium, plus 1-3 of a few other types. I don't why Talinum Incarnadine loves me so much.

HappyPetsRus
02-20-13, 03:03 PM
I actually got the mushroom ring from a castle quest, not from crafting. So far I've had pretty good luck on getting different flowers from crafting...only 3 more to go! Hoping i dont have to spend gems to get them. Now if I can only get my hands on the alicorn parts I'll be good to go!

debsbaked
02-20-13, 09:09 PM
Still.
No.
Mushrooms.

Gah!

opanugie
02-20-13, 10:42 PM
2 more to go : A Talinum Incardinane and A Flowering Bush

jovanisto
02-21-13, 09:49 AM
I had just got the amorous weed and i chopped it down and now it's gone from the one i "obtained". Grrr. How messed up is thta ?

katbtodd
02-21-13, 10:05 AM
No finished yet i have 26 plants and still need one more.,, yes it's the mushroom ring. The most expensive gem one to buy,,, still no unicorn parts,,,,either its getting frustrating

elaur
02-22-13, 09:02 AM
I purchased the mushroom ring right away because I thought it would be exciting.

I still need two plants. I have created 14 plants in the love shack.

Em_storm
02-22-13, 11:09 AM
Still.
No.
Mushrooms.

Gah!
Lol- I know the feeling. I still need a pink flower penstemon too.

badger8
02-22-13, 01:27 PM
Just FYI, I got the fluttermush ring from a box from the Valentines Adventure yesterday.

debsbaked
02-22-13, 01:38 PM
Oh my word. I ran out of energy first thing this morning....doing what? Trying to find more entwined seeds! Mushroom ring, where are you!!??

debsbaked
02-22-13, 01:40 PM
Lol- I know the feeling. I still need a pink flower penstemon too.

I must have ten of those! My kingdom is filling up with pink and red flowers. :) and that's all my love shack ever does now. Sure could use some of that love essence. Don't have time to make it!!

Walterine1
02-22-13, 05:44 PM
Yes, I have gotten only eight, I have numerous amounts of all the flowers, but have not been able to grow a Fluttermush Ring. After three days of trying I too am getting frustrated.

Walterine1
02-22-13, 05:48 PM
What and where did you find the Valentine Adventure.

jillfrey
02-22-13, 07:20 PM
So just to clarify you have to keep doing the dispel the love magic adventure?

vednir
02-22-13, 07:57 PM
So just to clarify you have to keep doing the dispel the love magic adventure?

Not for the master botany goal. All you need is sufficient entwined seedlings and water to keep producing plants every 4 hours.

catcrack
02-23-13, 12:01 AM
Yes, finished it sometime ago

(=^ェ^=)

konstans07
02-24-13, 02:44 AM
Still trying ... After 25 times crafting still missing sprite blossoms, bush and of course the flutter mush ring...

debsbaked
02-24-13, 10:16 AM
Still crafting...still waiting on mushrooms! Wow!

Starlitstream
02-24-13, 01:52 PM
Still need the bush and sprite blossoms.

carlyr2012
02-24-13, 02:18 PM
Need flowering bush and fluttermush ring....

elaur
02-24-13, 05:43 PM
I just got one of the two I need from the valentines quest.

konstans07
02-25-13, 07:40 AM
Woohooooooo just found the mushroom ... So, 2 more!!!!!

elaur
02-25-13, 11:00 AM
Just got a flutter mush..... I didn't need. Ha!

brandonu
02-25-13, 11:23 AM
I've done this 24 times, still missing the flowering bush. Duplicates of everything except for the romantic larkspur.

elaur
02-25-13, 11:38 AM
I'm only at 21. ;)

Still need the penstemon. I realized I bought the bush originally (not the fluttermush) so that means I never got one of those either.

kooky panda
02-25-13, 01:38 PM
Finished!!!!!! This morning!!

Now I need to alcorn drops!!

gwcastle
02-25-13, 03:26 PM
I already crafted 26. Still needs the very last mushroom circle.

Em_storm
02-26-13, 09:45 AM
If you can't find any Amourous Reeds, it's because they're all in my kingdom.

debsbaked
02-26-13, 10:30 AM

And mine. Where oh WHERE are the mushrooms!!!??? I'm going to have to start storing or chopping down some of the other pinks and reds! Or expand and give them an open plot of their own....

hmgdanielson
02-26-13, 10:36 AM
The hard ones for me to get were the Sprite Blossoms. I hacked the reeds and lustweed (except the one you need for the quest) whenever I got them. But I finally got those blossoms this morning!

thatgirl444
02-26-13, 10:46 AM
Im happy and relived to say i finished all mine without buying a single one...got one of the mushroom circles from the vday adventure and crafted one also...the one that gave me the most trouble was the one in the pic...cant remember the name...the pic in shack where you go to craft your flowers....got that bugger finally and now all that remains is the alicorn quest...no wings or horns so far

kooky panda
02-26-13, 11:38 AM
LOL... I have a small inventory of these too.:)

ampollina
02-26-13, 12:00 PM
Have the same problem with growing love plants requested for that quest. I'm placing all the different kind of plants (always the same:3pieces of, 4pieces of, ecc)just to collect love seeds to be able to growing a new one: but no mushroms circle and just another one (I missed the name, 'cause I start to hate it!)
Maybe once....

Em_storm
02-26-13, 01:17 PM
When all of this is done I'm going to use my newfound wealth of red petals to make a second conservatory, after which you may expect the grand opening of the Glimmer Wood Botanical Gardens.

gwcastle
02-26-13, 07:02 PM
After ten days of this post, I am still stuck with the last plant- mushroom. I think I am not going to finish this goal before the end of the valentine version is gone.

gwcastle
02-26-13, 07:03 PM
Congrats to all who have finished the goal.

epipy
02-26-13, 11:42 PM
I can't find the seedlings they are not were they are suppose to be.

AutumnHikari
02-26-13, 11:59 PM
Only need the fluttermush ring! Though I know the chances of getting it anytime soon is slim...

iLLUMI2012
02-27-13, 02:33 AM
It can take a while to get that very last plant. I persisted and eventually got there. Now I have a lovely garden of valentines flowers. :D

konstans07
02-27-13, 02:35 AM
I missed the bush only, so I skip it giving 10 gems instead of buying n give 20. So yeaaaa I finished!!!!
Now waiting my knights to bring the two parts of alicorn...

vchanhs
02-27-13, 03:29 AM
I missed the bush only, so I skip it giving 10 gems instead of buying n give 20. So yeaaaa I finished!!!!
Now waiting my knights to bring the two parts of alicorn...

Also left the bush. But I am saving gems to buy the Cupid pig. Can't skip it.

Em_storm
02-27-13, 07:47 AM
Finally got the penstemon! Now for that pesky mushroom...

elaur
02-27-13, 09:05 AM
Stilllllll waiting.

Too bad the animals didnt drop mermaid scales, seedlings, pink jewels or plants. They would have had a lot more sales!!!

Skyladoll
02-27-13, 12:09 PM
Having the same problem too. That mushroom is driving me bonkers! Been at it a while now. Ugh!

ginrae22
02-27-13, 12:22 PM
yeah I am having so much trouble getting anything differerent with the trees and the plants it super frustrating! And to have to wait 12 hours for a new tree ugh. Thank goodness the trees aren't part of the goal at least so far.

maguar
02-27-13, 03:05 PM
Just finished it this morning :)

SakuraSweetie
02-27-13, 07:21 PM
I have try 15 time for the mushroom but I only got bush or other plant not mushroom. I only have two more try then I have to college more seed.

candyland2703
02-28-13, 10:47 AM
I have done this 21 times and still need a bush. have 3 mushrooms, would gift them if I could!!
It seems like the drop rate for the seedlings has decreased

hennevenne
02-28-13, 11:59 AM
Finished after crafting 46 times .....'Sprite Blossoms' was the last I was missing ....

gwcastle
02-28-13, 02:23 PM
Finished after crafting 46 times .....'Sprite Blossoms' was the last I was missing ....

46 times? I admire you. I did 31 times and already thought about giving up. Maybe I shouldn't.

rickAUS
02-28-13, 03:29 PM
Still waiting on Sprite Blossoms. Lost count on how many times I have crafted.

elaur
02-28-13, 03:54 PM
Yay I finally got my last one. 27 crafts. I bought a bush early on (but ended up crafting one too) I also cut down a reed before I decided to count them. But including those it is 27.

ginrae22
02-28-13, 04:17 PM
46 times? yeesh I had better get to work and try every 4 hours. ugh haha.

AutumnHikari
02-28-13, 07:52 PM
Got my final one which was the fluttermush ring!! I screeched in happiness and my parents looked at my weird. I didn't keep track of how many times I tried. But I never thought it would happen, yay!

Em_storm
02-28-13, 08:38 PM
Congratulations! I'm only a little jealous. :)

vchanhs
03-01-13, 02:03 AM
Just finish by spending 20 gems buying the bush. Now only left the alicorn quest. When is the next update? Lol...

gwcastle
03-01-13, 04:15 PM
I need the mushroom but I don't want to spend 40 gems on that plant. I spent gems got from installing games on the pink cow because it provides chocolate milk that is a rare drop from the stable compared to the chocolate egg and truffle. If I am asked to install another game and earn some gems, I may seriously consider buying the mushroom instead of crafting it. My empty space in the kingdom is filled up with useless pink flowers now.

blurbie
03-01-13, 08:51 PM
That mushroom is my favorite, though! It is worth having. You get kissing dust, glimmer dust and simetimes seedlings. I collect it every chance I get. Trust me, you want one.

gwcastle
03-01-13, 08:56 PM
That mushroom is my favorite, though! It is worth having. You get kissing dust, glimmer dust and simetimes seedlings. I collect it every chance I get. Trust me, you want one.

Don't you get the kissing dust and seedlings from regular red mushroom circles too? Or you are saying the chance is much higher from the pink mushroom?

vchanhs
03-01-13, 09:43 PM
Don't you get the kissing dust and seedlings from regular red mushroom circles too? Or you are saying the chance is much higher from the pink mushroom?

Pink mushroom almost always give kissing dust. Red mushroom seems to give glimmerdust more often. So depends on what you need.

ginrae22
03-05-13, 10:51 AM
woo hoo I finished it! It took a while and I thought I was never going to get the sprite blossom but I finally did! Not sure what I need to do next to get my alicorn but I'm going to find out!

OpeningCeremony
03-05-13, 11:25 AM
yay just got the flowering bush this morning to complete the master botany quest! i got 2 fluttermush rings before i got the bush. still working on the alicorn quest... no wing or horn in sight

Em_storm
03-06-13, 09:03 AM
I can't believe I finally get to say this, but I'm done as of this morning. :) If I'm counting correctly, 32 crafts. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be constructing the botanical gardens I promised Ivy while I'm waiting for Alicorn parts...

SweetySama
03-06-13, 10:49 AM
Over 35 plants and One is still missing! The Last One I need is the sprite blossom.

gwcastle
03-06-13, 11:06 AM
I already did 37 and sill need the mushroom. I think I am gonna break the record of 41 tries.

OpeningCeremony
03-06-13, 11:40 AM
here's my final crafting tally:
-romantic larkspur 9
-talinum incarnadine 5
-playful trillium 4
-pink-flower penstemon 1
-sprite blossoms 4
-amourous reeds 8
-lustweed 6
-fluttermush ring 2
-flowering bush 1
so it took me a total of 40 crafts

Cesar49
03-07-13, 08:30 AM
I took about the same - got loads of penstemons and larkspurs and lustweed (some of which I dug up for more seeds). Finally got a sprite blossom yesterday having spent weeks trying. Unfortunately I'd already lost patience and bought the thing - 18 jewels wasted! Oh well ...

lotuskat
03-07-13, 09:16 AM
I've been working for about two weeks to get the flowering bush...so far no luck!

SweetySama
03-07-13, 01:24 PM
So... I have 39 plants now... With the three plants I dig up for materials it's 42, and one plant is currently being crafted in my love shack. Hopefully the sprite blossom!

SweetySama
03-07-13, 01:26 PM
I took about the same - got loads of penstemons and larkspurs and lustweed (some of which I dug up for more seeds). Finally got a sprite blossom yesterday having spent weeks trying. Unfortunately I'd already lost patience and bought the thing - 18 jewels wasted! Oh well ...

If I had the 18 jewels! It's the last one I need! Did you notice that it takes 40 to skip that one, but only 18 to buy?

SweetySama
03-10-13, 09:18 AM
I'm on my 50th try now! -.-

turtle805
03-10-13, 05:01 PM
I finished the quest this morning. The last thing I crafted was a fluttermush ring. I was in a hurry this morning and when I picked it up from the love shack I just put it in storage. The quest still completed, so apparently the items can be in your storage.

turtle805
03-10-13, 07:00 PM
Remember in computer programs there is no such thing as random. ANYTHING you can do differently can be a variable that changes what pops out. The last two things I needed was the flowering bush and the fluttermush ring. I quit trying for a day and just let the love shack sit idle, then I got the bush, a couple of weeds. I let it sit idle again for a day and I got the fluttermush ring.

gwcastle
03-10-13, 08:19 PM
here's my final crafting tally:
-romantic larkspur 5
-talinum incarnadine 10
-playful trillium 11
-pink-flower penstemon 4
-sprite blossoms 2
-amourous reeds 4
-lustweed 3 (I think I also chopped down 3-4 amourous reeds and lustweed, which are not counted here)
-flowering bush 3
so it's more than 42 crafts already

I still need the fluttermush ring......

SweetySama
03-11-13, 01:30 AM
Can I get a medall or trophy for crafting my 52nd and not having the sprite blossom?

Em_storm
03-11-13, 10:44 AM
Can I get a medall or trophy for crafting my 52nd and not having the sprite blossom?

I think you're definitely in the running for the Glimmer Wood Botanical Society's Ravenwood Award for Botanical Research. :)

SweetySama
03-11-13, 12:07 PM
I think you're definitely in the running for the Glimmer Wood Botanical Society's Ravenwood Award for Botanical Research. :)

Yeah... It's now 54 and 55 is being crafted... I hope to get to the tenth island in bubble mania to get some more gems. I only need 8 additional gems to buy the sprite blossom.. :)

SweetySama
03-12-13, 11:50 AM
So, I now officially stopped counting! I'm far beyond good and evil now... Sprite blossom???? Pleaseeee!!!!! ?_

lotuskat
03-12-13, 02:36 PM
Finally got my last plant! The reward seems so small compared to the work you put into it! ;_;

SweetySama
03-12-13, 02:45 PM
Finally got my last plant! The reward seems so small compared to the work you put into it! ;_;

Congrats! ^_^
At least this quest is gone for you! Is something after that?

maguar
03-12-13, 02:49 PM
There's no quest that opens after it.

Nyneve922
03-12-13, 09:03 PM
I've only got one repeat so far and I have all but the flowering bush.
Me too, and I've grown, let's see..........THIRTY-TWO Valentine's flowers for this goal, and NO Flowering Bushes. Seriously?? Is there something I'm missing???

Nyneve922
03-12-13, 09:04 PM
Me too, and I've grown, let's see..........THIRTY-TWO Valentine's flowers for this goal, and NO Flowering Bushes. Seriously?? Is there something I'm missing???

Oh yeah, and there's no way I'm spending 40 gems to get that Flowering Bush. This is ridiculous.

SweetySama
03-12-13, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah, and there's no way I'm spending 40 gems to get that Flowering Bush. This is ridiculous.

40 gems for skipping, right? I think it's cheaper in the market.

jdelvalle1
03-13-13, 04:04 AM
This goal is not worth spending gems on, I finally succumbed & spent 20 gems to buy the last plant I needed, a flowering bush. I should've looked here first, the reward is tiny & no goals open after it. Oh well, my recommendation to everyone is to leave this goal on the backburner, forget it even exists & when you find yourself with a ton of water & seeds, then start planting. No sense getting frustrated for such a small reward.

SweetySama
03-13-13, 04:36 AM

32? I passed 60 yesterday....

Criagirl
03-15-13, 06:24 PM
is it possible to finish this task without spending diamonds/gems?
I only need the sprite blossoms.

so far I have
2 fluttermush rings
4 flowering bushes
6 amorous reeds (+ 1 I cut down before I figured out that you had to HAVE one)
7 Talinum Incarnadine
8 Playful Trillium
8 Romantic Larkspur
8 Lustweed (+ 1 I cut down before I figured out that you had to HAVE one)
10 Pink-Flowere Penstemon

I'm getting a little frustrated:(

fitfunsparkle
03-15-13, 09:21 PM
I have all of them except the mushroom ring. I got the others all quickly, but have been going after that one for weeks! My husband got them all without spending any gems.

NayanPrakash
03-16-13, 12:50 AM
I got them all too without spending gems. I kept trying for sprite blossoms and lustweed for a long time and finally got them. Keep crafting and you'll get the plants

SweetySama
03-16-13, 02:38 AM
Just some minuets ago I finally crafted my sprite blossom (which was the last I neede) and have crafted around 70 plants until now! The only "botany" I will ever craft again, will be another v-tree. I want a kissing willow.

SweetySama
03-16-13, 02:40 AM
YAY!!! Finally have the sprite blossom!!! My kingdom now is crowded with plants...

jovanisto
03-16-13, 03:22 PM
Still can't get the bush or the shrooms... So far i got 7 trillium, 7 larkspur, 7 talinum, 2 lustweeds, 5 amorous reeds, and 6 penstemon. It's getting really BORING.

Em_storm
03-18-13, 01:34 PM
Just some minuets ago I finally crafted my sprite blossom (which was the last I neede) and have crafted around 70 plants until now! The only "botany" I will ever craft again, will be another v-tree. I want a kissing willow.
Me too! I have quite a few seedlings lying around. :) Congrats on finally finishing!!

MxSimple
03-19-13, 04:25 AM
Finally got the last plant, flower bush!

summary I got:
10 Pink-flower penstemon
6 Romantic larkspur
8 Talinum incarnadine
6 Playful trillium
3 Sprite blossom
6 Fluttermush ring
1 Flower bush
>10 Lustweed
>10 Amourous reeds

Keep crafting~ it's possible got all plants without using gems!

maz3girl
03-19-13, 01:25 PM
I haven't finished this yet either. Today I did actually manage to make the lustweed but when I clicked to collect it from the Love Shack it completely disappeared and I don't know what happened to it!

maguar
03-19-13, 03:25 PM
I haven't finished this yet either. Today I did actually manage to make the lustweed but when I clicked to collect it from the Love Shack it completely disappeared and I don't know what happened to it!

If you stored it you need to close the game fully then restart it. It'll be in you're inventory. You need to do this any time you store an item when collecting it from the love shack.

daniology
03-24-13, 07:59 PM
I feel like I've been stuck on this one forever...
Romantic Larkspur: 2
Talinum Incarnadine: 4
Playful Trillium: 3
Pink-flower Penstemon: 3
Sprite Blossoms: 2
Flowering Bush: 2
Amorous Reeds: 2 plus a couple I cut down
Lustweed: 2 plus one I cut down
so that's only 22 attempts... looks like I have a lot more to do. Just tried putting everything in storage, I'll leave it there for a few days then bring it all out again and see if that works.

Fluttermush Ring: 0 :-\

SweetySama
03-25-13, 02:54 AM
so that's only 22 attempts... looks like I have a lot more to do. Just tried putting everything in storage, I'll leave it there for a few days then bring it all out again and see if that works.

That's not even scratching at my record. I stopped counting when I reached 60, but think I was nearly on 70 when I got my last plant. ^_^;;
Just try again. That's all you can do.

HauntedMemories2
03-26-13, 06:53 PM
No. I gave up, but when trying to wring glimmer dust from the mushrooms, I sometimes get a seed. Every once in a while I'll get a stock pile of 5 and figure, 'what the heck, I'll try again.' After I get yet another duplicate plant, I remember why I gave up. LOL

candyland2703
03-27-13, 05:19 AM
55!!
On the 56th try I finally got the flowering bush

Now if I could get a wing and a horn

riisak
03-29-13, 12:57 PM
What is the best way to get seeds?

I've been getting them from mushrooms, but it's even rarer than glimmerdust...

elaur
03-29-13, 01:09 PM

I got a fluttermush from the valentine's adventure.

laVirtualCloset
03-29-13, 02:32 PM
What is the best way to get seeds?

I've been getting them from mushrooms, but it's even rarer than glimmerdust...

I've gotten them pretty steadily from the red mushroom circle and the VDay plants. I no longer collect for the seeds on purpose but when I did, I'd tend about 6 to 8 VDay plants and 7 mushroom circles maybe four to five times a day. That gave me all I needed to complete Master Botany. However, I was lucky because I received all the plants within 3 weeks. I don't know if the drop rate changed in March.

maz3girl
04-04-13, 01:45 PM
Still no fluttermush ring for me. I am going to do the Valentine's Adventure next in hopes of getting a wing or horn, so if any of those 3 things pop out of that adventure i'll be happy. lol

fitfunsparkle
04-05-13, 06:24 AM
Seriously! I still don't have the mushroom ring either. I have 46 valentine plants from trying for this thing, and that doesn't include the weed type ones that i used and are now gone. How hard can it be!?!

catcrack
04-05-13, 07:59 AM
just part with a couple of those free gems and be over the misery

lotuskat
04-05-13, 08:50 AM
The rewards aren't very high for all the work you need to put in! The Alicorn on the other hand is really neat. Only have the horn though!

maz3girl
04-16-13, 04:53 PM
So i finally have enough gems to buy a flutter mush ring and since valentines has ended, it's no longer in the store! :(

drevo77
04-20-13, 02:47 PM
Only need romantic larkspur, but it aint a coming. lol

evritta
04-21-13, 07:14 AM
I cannot find any items on the master botany quest. I decided to use gems to get the lustweed, hoping it might be a source for glimmerdust. Iit took my gems but I cannot see the lustweed anywhere. Any suggestions? And where it gives the option to grow or buy each item, how do you grow?

fitfunsparkle
04-21-13, 10:25 AM
Still trying to get that fluttermush ring. I am too stubborn to buy it :)

twigsandberries
04-21-13, 12:56 PM
I cannot find any items on the master botany quest. I decided to use gems to get the lustweed, hoping it might be a source for glimmerdust. Iit took my gems but I cannot see the lustweed anywhere. Any suggestions? And where it gives the option to grow or buy each item, how do you grow?

If you bought and didn't place it right away, it should be in inventory. However I'm pretty sure that if you chop the lustweed up, you will not have it anymore such as when you chop a log. So it wouldn't be a replenishing source of dust anyway.

I wouldn't waste gems on the botany goal. Nothing happens after that and no good rewards. I was a lil disappointed after working on it so long. You'll eventually get all the plants though so just keep trying.

maguar
04-21-13, 03:05 PM

If you store the items straight away they temporarily disappear. Completely close your game then restart it. It should be in your inventory.

justk9188
04-22-13, 06:53 AM
At the 100th try, i got last plant to finish the quest.
Well, only alicon quest left.

vednir
04-22-13, 02:17 PM
You can more easily obtain entwined seedlings now that they are craftable for living wood and kissing dust. This assumes you have at least one fluttermush ring which provides a steady supply of kissing dust. As living wood is not really used for anything craftable you can always replenish your supply from your sawmills. Depending on how many times you play you should be able to craft 2-3 plants per day which is easier than when seedlings were only available as random drops.

wealthyrich
04-22-13, 09:36 PM
just finished it !

now still waiting for wing n horn for alicorn

lopilondy
04-30-13, 09:01 AM
So I've been trying for a long time to craft sprite blossoms to no avail (for the Botanist quest). So far, I've gotten between 2 and 8 of the other plants, but no Sprite Blossoms yet. I just wanted someone to confirm you can in fact get them from crafting before I continue harvesting the entwined seads.

Here's what I've gotten so far:
Romantic Larkspur 4
Talinum Incarnadine 8
Playful Trillium 5
Pink-Flower Penstemon 5
Sprite Blossoms 0
Flowering Bush 3
Amourous Reeds 3+
Fluttermush Ring 2
Lustweed 5

(Note, I've planted and pulled up quite a few of the Amourous Reeds, so I don't know how many I've gotten total - I just know I've got 3 in my inventory at the moment)

arikasi
04-30-13, 10:40 AM
I am in exactly the same situation as you, it is the only one I have left to craft and that BUY button that doesn't go anywhere on the quest is a really annoying torment!

I have:
Romantic Larkspur 4
Talinum Incarnadine 6
Playful Trillium 4
Pink-Flower Penstemon 5
Sprite Blossoms 0
Flowering Bush 5
Amourous Reeds 6
Fluttermush Ring 6
Lustweed 8

Is it broken? is there a bug?

HNO3
04-30-13, 10:57 AM
I have 4 from crafting. The last plant I made was one, in fact. Probably crafted 50 and no fluttermush ring though :(

lopilondy
04-30-13, 11:27 AM
I have 4 from crafting. The last plant I made was one, in fact. Probably crafted 50 and no fluttermush ring though :(

Well, that's good to know - thanks for confirming it was just my luck, not a bug.

Back to the grind.

arikasi
04-30-13, 01:39 PM
Yes thank you, I was wondering too. Good luck both of you.

arikasi
04-30-13, 01:41 PM
Not having the flutter mush ring is probably the worst because they are so useful with their glitter dust and kissing dust drops.

prettyplease
04-30-13, 04:59 PM
After dozens and dozens of plants crafted, I got my 1st sprite today. Sorta anti-climactic since no gems or further quest lines but at least its out of my goal list. Sadly, even though I've non-stop adventured I still need 1 alicorn wing, I have 2 horns.

MissWonderfool
05-08-13, 12:56 AM
Hi ! I've got a problem with one of my goals : Master Botanis. I need a fluttermutch ring to finish the goal, but I can't get one in my love shack (I've tried about 30 times !), and they are not available any longer in the market... What can I do ? I do not want to use my gems (80 !) to skip it !
Please help me ! Thanks al lot.
MissWonderfool

happy_carol94
05-08-13, 01:03 AM
We're in the same boat but you're luckier than me. I also have that goal and I've tried to craft more than 40 times but I still need Sprite blossoms and a fluttermush ring to complete that goal!

CottageRose
05-08-13, 06:04 AM
I seem to recall people crafting 70+ times to get their botany goal completed. So keep planting, and it will happen sooner or later. Good luck!

bluebellgirl68
05-08-13, 10:01 AM
I too am working on this goal but today accidentally clicked on skip the Sprite Blossom, not idea how many gems that,cost me!!!!!! I've got loads of the common flowers too and still need fluttermush and flowering bush. It' not been my week as I loaded my pink fur into the love caravan before completing the pink fur goal so now I'm starting from scratch with that as well, but at least I've got LOADS of valentine flowers to work on!

fitfunsparkle
05-08-13, 11:54 AM
I still dont have that fluttermush ring! I thought about just paying for it then decided it was a waste of good gems. :)

Ruby118
05-12-13, 01:33 PM
yahhooo I finally got the fluttermush ring yesterday! now working on getting 1 darn gem as want wizard school and got 199!!!!!! being so careful with finger trap!!

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 01:41 PM
yahhooo I finally got the fluttermush ring yesterday! now working on getting 1 darn gem as want wizard school and got 199!!!!!! being so careful with finger trap!!
Really? 199 Gems? That's mean, CS! XD

Ruby118
05-12-13, 01:53 PM
Really? 199 Gems? That's mean, CS! XD

I know! I've been playing all the games (some are really dull!!) to build them up and lost some due to the gem trap early on (own fault I know!) gahhh

bluebellgirl68
05-12-13, 01:58 PM
So excited today when I got the fluttermush ring after goodness knows how many of the common things, just need the flowering bush now but no doubt it will take a lot of goes to get it. Hey ho you learn patience in this game!

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 02:07 PM
Ugh, I hate it when I can't do Botany overnight because I'm out of Water!

vchanhs
05-12-13, 06:11 PM
So excited today when I got the fluttermush ring after goodness knows how many of the common things, just need the flowering bush now but no doubt it will take a lot of goes to get it. Hey ho you learn patience in this game!

I still have a phobia and respect for flowering bush. The only one that I fail to get and bought with gems to complete the goal. Then I realize its the best decision I made with gems as it saved me countless of energy and time.

bluebellgirl68
05-13-13, 10:13 AM
I may be tempted yet as frankly I'm getting bored of watering twentyish plants to get the entwined seed but as I'm still collecting pink fur for the caravan I don't mind too much as it triggers the lovecupines. But if I get that final fur and still no bush well the temptation will be huge.

RotomGuy
05-13-13, 10:34 AM
I may be tempted yet as frankly I'm getting bored of watering twentyish plants to get the entwined seed but as I'm still collecting pink fur for the caravan I don't mind too much as it triggers the lovecupines. But if I get that final fur and still no bush well the temptation will be huge.

You can craft Entwined Seedlings in the Love Shack. They are quite cheap and short.

bluebellgirl68
05-13-13, 10:45 AM
I do craft them occasionally when I need the odd on sand am out of energy or can't be bothered with the flowers but as I also need 9 more furs to complete the pink fur and love caravan goal I tend to stick with the flowers.

happy_carol94
05-21-13, 04:21 AM
After 2months or more, finally I complete this goal today! This goal is the longest time ever for me to complete.

bbarra
05-22-13, 02:10 AM
After 2months or more, finally I complete this goal today! This goal is the longest time ever for me to complete.
What did you do to complete it? I've done all the goals and there is only random flowers and trees left but I have gotten them all as far as I know. What I haven't done is the banner.

maguar
05-22-13, 02:19 AM
What did you do to complete it? I've done all the goals and there is only random flowers and trees left but I have gotten them all as far as I know. What I haven't done is the banner.

The banner is a different goal. If you go into the quest it will then you all the plants you need and tick off the ones you've got. If you had some of the weeds but cut them down before finishing the goal they won't count.

bbarra
05-22-13, 02:34 AM
The banner is a different goal. If you go into the quest it will then you all the plants you need and tick off the ones you've got. If you had some of the weeds but cut them down before finishing the goal they won't count.

I did get all the weeds, flowers etc., and have at least one of each in storage. I did chop down a pink willow before I got the little puffy heart tree. Do I have to do the banner and crafting GD to make KD when I don't need it? I just keep on growing random flowers and trees hoping it will eventually say that goal is complete.

happy_carol94
05-22-13, 03:09 AM
What did you do to complete it? I've done all the goals and there is only random flowers and trees left but I have gotten them all as far as I know. What I haven't done is the banner. It became easier after I got fluttermush ring last week because this fluttermush ring has high chance to drop kissing dust. So after I had enough kissing dust then I crafted endwined seedling at the Love shack (I maxed out of living wood) then after that I could craft Valentine botany around once-twice a day. Before I got that flutter mush ring I could only crafted Valentine botany once in 2-3days because I hardly could get kissing dust and endwined seedling from my other Valentine plants, mostly they only drop white and red petals. It wasted a lot of energy so I concerned on other goals and let that master botany goal hanged at there and only crafted when I got endwined seedling. If you have enough living wood and have fluttermush ring, better crafted the endwined seedling then the valentine botany rather than wasted energy to water a lot of Valentine plants and hardly get endwined seedling.

I put one from each kind of Valentine botany on my kingdom because I am not sure the ones in the storage would be counted or not to complete that goal.

happy_carol94
05-22-13, 03:15 AM
I forgot to say that I completed it after I got Sprite blossom yesterday(I didn't have it although already crafted many times). It's like I crafted more than 60times of Valentine botany to complete this goal.

maguar
05-22-13, 03:18 AM
I did get all the weeds, flowers etc., and have at least one of each in storage. I did chop down a pink willow before I got the little puffy heart tree. Do I have to do the banner and crafting GD to make KD when I don't need it? I just keep on growing random flowers and trees hoping it will eventually say that goal is complete.

If you go into the goal now, what plants aren't ticked off?

bbarra
05-22-13, 03:40 AM
If you go into the goal now, what plants aren't ticked off?
All it says is craft a random valentine plant and random valentine tree...doesn't say which one you need by plant name. I look at my inventory vs. what is listed in the market.

maguar
05-22-13, 04:00 AM
All it says is craft a random valentine plant and random valentine tree...doesn't say which one you need by plant name. I look at my inventory vs. what is listed in the market.

That's what the recipe says. The goal lists all the valentine plants (excluding trees) that you need to get.

bbarra
05-22-13, 07:19 PM
That's what the recipe says. The goal lists all the valentine plants (excluding trees) that you need to get.
Don't understand what you mean by the goal shows a list. Where do I find that list other than your spreadsheet.

ghjvcucjb
05-22-13, 08:22 PM

The option to view and buy the plants in the Botany goal was available with the valentine edition. When the last upgrade occurred, the valentine edition was discontinued and we are no longer able to view or buy all the Botany flowers. Anyone who had started any of the valentine goals/quests were allowed to finish them all BUT, as I just mentioned, can not see or buy the flowers. If you want to try and complete the Botany goal, then you can and if you randomly craft the correct plants it will check mark off your goal list.

HNO3
05-22-13, 11:01 PM
Don't understand what you mean by the goal shows a list. Where do I find that list other than your spreadsheet.

If you have the botany goal, the goal info popup lists the ones you need, and the ones you already have are checked off.

maguar
05-23-13, 03:27 AM

In the top right hand corner of your screen you'll see your quest book. Open it and go to the mastery botany goal. Click on it and it will tell you what plants are needed and what ones you've got.

bbarra
05-23-13, 04:35 AM
In the top right hand corner of your screen you'll see your quest book. Open it and go to the mastery botany goal. Click on it and it will tell you what plants are needed and what ones you've got.
I'm not playing the Valentine edition. My goal book is in the top left corner and there isn't a mastery botany goal. I go to the valentine potion shop and it only says craft a random plant. Don't fret over it. Unless it is supposed to unlock something then I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I do wis TL would hurry and get back to me on why I never got the goal for the tabernaum research and the royal exchange goals. Those are most important to me because doing the goals may have triggered something important.

maguar
05-23-13, 05:11 AM
I'm not playing the Valentine edition. My goal book is in the top left corner and there isn't a mastery botany goal. I go to the valentine potion shop and it only says craft a random plant. Don't fret over it. Unless it is supposed to unlock something then I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I do wis TL would hurry and get back to me on why I never got the goal for the tabernaum research and the royal exchange goals. Those are most important to me because doing the goals may have triggered something important.

If you've got the love shack you've still got access to the valentine goals. If you don't have this quest it's possible you've already completed it. It doesn't unlock anything else.

queenofpolharcity
05-23-13, 05:23 PM
I've got all but lustweed from it so far.

I hate to sound just stupid, but I have no idea what quest y'all are talking about! I've been through with my quests for weeks, since completing Sabina's hair, house and such, I've expanded as far as there are places to go, and just today got the Trials and Tribute.

How was I supposed to trigger a Master Botany Quest, if I've finished everything and didn't trigger it?

vchanhs
05-23-13, 05:52 PM
I hate to sound just stupid, but I have no idea what quest y'all are talking about! I've been through with my quests for weeks, since completing Sabina's hair, house and such, I've expanded as far as there are places to go, and just today got the Trials and Tribute.

How was I supposed to trigger a Master Botany Quest, if I've finished everything and didn't trigger it?

It's one of the valentine goals. If you have the love shack, you can get it.

bbarra
05-23-13, 11:49 PM
It's one of the valentine goals. If you have the love shack, you can get it.

Have the love shack and there is no master botany...just craft a random valentine plant.

ghjvcucjb
05-24-13, 12:23 AM
Have the love shack and there is no master botany...just craft a random valentine plant.

The Master Botanist is under the goal list.
To craft the requirements for that goal you need to go to your love shack and do craft a random valentine plant, then hope and pray you craft one of each in the goal list.

I crafted every day for months and never got my final pink flowering bush.

ghjvcucjb
05-24-13, 12:33 AM

Here is a direct link to a picture of The Master Botanist Goal :

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals/page17

Scroll down to post # 167

bbarra
05-24-13, 01:41 AM
The Master Botanist is under the goal list.
To craft the requirements for that goal you need to go to your love shack and do craft a random valentine plant, then hope and pray you craft one of each in the goal list.

I crafted every day for months and never got my final pink flowering bush.
I'm not playing the valentine edition and when I was I completed all those goals. I only have the love shack that is requesting plants and trees. I think Lustweed might be the only one I didn't get so ill just keep trying until I get it.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
05-25-13, 07:03 PM
I took a break from playing CS right after Valentines Edition came out... Started playing again this week (vday edition) and noticed the seedlings can be made in 15 min now... Nice, love that! Here's the problem, I have been placing all the flowers that I get in storage for the past week (since I currently have no room to place them) and they're all missing. None of the valentines botany items show up in my inventory. HELP?! I feel like I've wasted my time. Also I have restarted the game and still none are showing up.

catcrack
05-25-13, 07:53 PM
None of the valentines botany items show up in my inventory. HELP?! I feel like I've wasted my time. Also I have restarted the game and still none are showing up.Look under the "Decorations" or "All" tabs.

maguar
05-25-13, 08:04 PM
I took a break from playing CS right after Valentines Edition came out... Started playing again this week (vday edition) and noticed the seedlings can be made in 15 min now... Nice, love that! Here's the problem, I have been placing all the flowers that I get in storage for the past week (since I currently have no room to place them) and they're all missing. None of the valentines botany items show up in my inventory. HELP?! I feel like I've wasted my time. Also I have restarted the game and still none are showing up.

If you store an item crafted in the love shack as soon as its ready you need to force close and restart the game for them to appear in your inventory.

gamaze
05-28-13, 12:23 PM
I'm also frustrated with this task. I can't get one single playful trillium but all the others galore!! How many more seedlings should I waste??

Gardienn
05-28-13, 12:26 PM
I completed it. It took shorter time for me than this cooking caravan. It sounds like I got lucky that time.

jovanisto
06-03-13, 08:10 AM
I finally got that one done ! Got the bush in my last valentine crafting yesterday ! Yeah !

guy2013
08-11-13, 01:01 PM
This game is absolutely ridiculous!! 43 attempts over 3 weeks to finish the goal...I'm sorry...but this is NOT the way to keep me interested in this game!!!!!!!

arikasi
08-11-13, 01:59 PM
I did this 54 times before I finally made a sprite blossom, that's between 5 and 9 of every other plant and it was extremely frustrating while I was working on it. My son did his about ten, he has 2 of only a few plants, just another one of those luck of the drop things. Do it when you can, but really, don't worry about completing this quest.

Looking back it was the first quest in this game that had a random drop element for me. Now that there are so many more random drops it makes it easier to care less.

I wouldnt want to do it again, however I do enjoy my 7 fluttermush rings.

vieyem
08-30-13, 03:55 AM
I cant complete the master botanist quest :( i only need just the fluttermush ring but its no longer available in the market and i really dont want to waste gems to skip it. What to do ????

maguar
08-30-13, 05:27 AM
You can get it as a random drop from the valentine botany recipe in the love shack or the valentine adventure.

MynesDinner
12-16-13, 12:42 PM
What should I do to get my flowering bush to finish my master botanist?

ghjvcucjb
12-16-13, 02:03 PM

It sounds like you have the love shack and only need the flowering bush? If so then you just have to continue to randomly craft plants under the valentine botany option in your love shack. Eventually you will get it. It took me 5 months (I think) of crafting every single day before I got my final plant. It took hundreds upon hundreds of tries but it did finally happen. Good luck!

maguar
12-18-13, 03:16 AM

It sounds like you have the love shack and only need the flowering bush? If so then you just have to continue to randomly craft plants under the valentine botany option in your love shack. Eventually you will get it. It took me 5 months (I think) of crafting every single day before I got my final plant. It took hundreds upon hundreds of tries but it did finally happen. Good luck!

Some of the plants can drop from the Valentin adventure as well

jimboser
12-18-13, 08:08 AM
Or you could ignore the goal for a while, and hope the Love Shack comes back around for the newer players, those plants may again appear in the market if that does happen.

Just a guess from a player's view...