PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event [Winner's Announced!] Chocolate Sweepstake! Enter for a chance to win 5,000 Gold!

FrozenTurtle
02-14-13, 03:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/n4w5Ync.png

Hungry for some Chocolate to cure your Valentine's Day sweet tooth? Join us in another sweepstake to show off your Dragon breeding s****s!

Sweepstake and Rules:
Starts: Thursday, February 14th at 11am PST
Ends: Wednesday, February 20th at 11am PST

- BREED or BUY 1 Chocolate Dragon for 1 entry!
- EVOLVE Chocolate Dragons to level 10 for 10 entries!

10 players will win 5,000 Gold each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

You can participate in this sweepstake through any of the following versions:
Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id594076335)
Dragon Story for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id513474544)
Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon5)

Kindle Users: We're sorry, but this contest is not available to Kindle Users at this time due to the particular Dragon being unavailable. Check out our Concept Contest (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46312-Concept-Contest!) for a chance to win FREE Gold or Gems in the game of your choice!

Edit:
http://i.imgur.com/74eZIlS.png

To protect the player's privacy, the winners' profile names are shared instead of Storm8 IDs. Please note that profile names are not unique and the winners have already been awarded the prizes for their respective games. We apologize for any confusion.

MomsHouseofSweets
02-14-13, 04:12 PM
Would enjoy participating, but I don't have room in any habitats and not able to buy any habitats due to limit.

iaweforfun
02-14-13, 04:22 PM
Oh boy.... I need to get cupid, rose , now this,

dw9893
02-14-13, 04:25 PM
Would enjoy participating, but I don't have room in any habitats and not able to buy any habitats due to limit.

HAHAHAHA - I been saying that for months on end now.. TL wont do anything about it.

wassupbaby
02-14-13, 04:43 PM
the sweepstake started like 4 hrs ago and now we have annoucement ? Right,i still cant see the pop up in game:| What happend with those dont go to forum and dont have the pop up ? Not to mention the ridiculous food cost . Great TL , seriously great !!!

msvidkiller13
02-14-13, 04:49 PM
why isn't this available to kindle users. Not not not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betsyb514
02-14-13, 04:51 PM
The pop up is still not showing for me. I have re-booted. Still not there!

sweetstuff525
02-14-13, 04:55 PM
I don't get the pop up... So it's not fair to those that don't visit forum

Baraze
02-14-13, 05:11 PM
Im on my 4th chocolate. Sold some commons and whatnot. So ill see what happens.

I do know i wont be able feee them all. But hey, one more entry is better than none!

Baraze
02-14-13, 05:12 PM
Better for me if most people dont visit the forums! Eventually the pop up will come but ill get a slight head start.

MomsHouseofSweets
02-14-13, 05:17 PM
The Popup appeared on my phone, but not tablet.

Leire22
02-14-13, 05:22 PM
There are not yet results from contest which just ended and u already started new one, i feel sad, i cant do this one and even dont feel entusiasm, if i would win that one before or at least knew i did not win, but this way, i wont do this contest sure.... plus I have no habitats, no enough of coints, food, and almost no any gold

Leire22
02-14-13, 05:34 PM
Apart of all, i have no pink dragon, so i wont even try, no pink habitat, no dragon no chocolate one.... easy... i wont stress about this, have also own life and troubles to solve...

betsyb514
02-14-13, 05:52 PM
Better for me if most people dont visit the forums! Eventually the pop up will come but ill get a slight head start.

That's terrible! Sorry I just had to say it.

betsyb514
02-14-13, 05:53 PM
The Popup appeared on my phone, but not tablet.

Same for me. Just force closed the tablet again, still no pop up.

riniocha1
02-14-13, 05:54 PM
Another sweepstake?? The winners from cupid yet to announce. Please TL don't make this game harder and harder so little time for us to breed those new dragons.

tonguelashing
02-14-13, 05:58 PM
why isn't this available to kindle users. Not not not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an android user, I sympathize with you. It's not available for Kindle because the Valentines edition which allowed for the pink dragons (on android) is not (yet) available for Kindle. I wish I knew why it's not available or if the submission to Amazon has been made or what the hold up is. I'm not familiar with Kindle at all. I'm sorry you guys are still waiting.

profsink
02-14-13, 05:59 PM
If you don't already have a Pink Dragon, you don't have enough time to breed one and a Chocolate before this contest ends. Good thing we haven't had another contest recently and timed goals keeping people occupied with other dragons... Heh.

MomsHouseofSweets
02-14-13, 07:39 PM

Well, you'll probably have a head start as it is, even without people coming to the forum. I'm sure I'm not the only DS player who is at Max habitats and no spare room in any existing habitats.

betsyb514
02-14-13, 07:55 PM
I just bred my first Chocolate. I still haven't gotten the pop up. Will the dragon count?

FrozenTurtle
02-14-13, 08:58 PM
I just bred my first Chocolate. I still haven't gotten the pop up. Will the dragon count?

You may not receive a pop-up, but all players are able to participate. Your Chocolate Dragon will count. Sorry for the confusion!

Baraze
02-14-13, 10:04 PM
That's terrible! Sorry I just had to say it.

It may seem terrible. No worries if someone disagrees with my wishes! But i want to win, I will wish everyone good luck, but will hope less people compete. i wont hope we all have boosts when the spaces are so small.

RotomGuy
02-15-13, 12:40 AM
More sweepstakes? I don't even have a pink yet ;-;

sand
02-15-13, 02:24 AM
Baraze & betsybb514: can you tell us the breed time, please? It won't help the rest of us to breed it; but at least we'll know whether to rejoice when we see that range on the den clock. Please share.

wassupbaby
02-15-13, 02:29 AM
Its 20 hrs

tbka
02-15-13, 02:54 AM
Here is my first Chocolate! it only took three Laserslight and six Love Dragons to go though.

http://i46.tinypic.com/iop16o.jpg

tbka
02-15-13, 02:58 AM
Yeppers, 20hours!

http://i47.tinypic.com/143guuh.jpg

tbka
02-15-13, 03:01 AM
Oh My Dear JESUS! 15 feedings at level one! What in Gods Holy name is it going to cost to get him to epic, let alone 9 to 10???

tbka
02-15-13, 03:02 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/mo58k.jpg

111ace
02-15-13, 03:35 AM
Oh My Dear JESUS! 15 feedings at level one! What in Gods Holy name is it going to cost to get him to epic, let alone 9 to 10???

LOL! TL is trying to make a fortune instead of making the game playable and attractive... $45 for food to raise a dragon from lvl 1 to epic... Restrict habitat, restrict farms, players can't get more coins to get food faster, eventually all dragons will begin with 15 food at level 1, 75,000 food to reach epic... 250 gold for 18k food, well done TL. We can afford to spend, but we will ONLY SPEND IF WE'RE HAPPY WITH THE GAME!!! We are NOT HAPPY NOW!!! WE WANT CHANGES!!! TO BE BETTER!!! MOT WORSE!!!

sand
02-15-13, 03:58 AM
I'm glad for another shot at the gold so soon after the first. I hope I'm wrong but I think my epic Cupid missed that deadline by 2 minutes as I desperately s****ed together gold-rushed food to gold-rush it into the final evolution.
This time I know better. If and when I get this ugly chocolate mess:
1. I will level it as fast as I can so the deadline doesn't sneak up on me;
2. Food production starts NOW.
3. No dragon - NO DRAGON - will eat until this thing has wolfed down the 48,075 pieces of fruit it needs to clear 9 levels.
4. No coins will be spent on expansion, clearing and whatnot until I've grown the required amount of food, with one exception - a big pink prairie for the fancy fails.
Cupid wiped me out of food, gold, coins; everything. That's definitely not happening again.

wassupbaby
02-15-13, 04:04 AM
I'm glad for another shot at the gold so soon after the first. I hope I'm wrong but I think my epic Cupid missed that deadline by 2 minutes as I desperately s****ed together gold-rushed food to gold-rush it into the final evolution.
This time I know better. If and when I get this ugly chocolate mess:
1. I will level it as fast as I can so the deadline doesn't sneak up on me;
2. Food production starts NOW.
3. No dragon - NO DRAGON - will eat until this thing has wolfed down the 48,075 pieces of fruit it needs to clear 9 levels.
4. No coins will be spent on expansion, clearing and whatnot until I've grown the required amount of food, with one exception - a big pink prairie for the fancy fails.
Cupid wiped me out of food, gold, coins; everything. That's definitely not happening again.

Someone has said this dragon eats about 75k food so good luck with that. Not to mention that only 10 players can win =]]

sand
02-15-13, 04:10 AM
Correction: 144,245 FRUIT is what it would take to feed Chocolate to epic since it's eating 3x as much as Cupid!
Forget that plan of mine. I could never raise that much fruit in a few days.
I guess the Android players can do it. They at least can switch out of the Valentines version back to the regular version where all their dragons eat on the same low diet. iOS players who began on New Dawn don't have that option. Forget this.

picklylily
02-15-13, 04:48 AM
aaand the 33-hour fails begin... just got another virtue... *sigh*

pennyvilles
02-15-13, 05:17 AM
Honestly, having content and contests and excluding Kindle users is really a poor business decision. While I haven't been playing a long time, I had started to spend my money on it. Notice, that is in the past tense. While it is nice there is another ongoing way to enter for a prize, it is not the same thing at all. Are you really making that much money TL, that you can afford to turn away a whole base of customers?

111ace
02-15-13, 05:24 AM
Correction: 144,245 FRUIT is what it would take to feed Chocolate to epic since it's eating 3x as much as Cupid!
Forget that plan of mine. I could never raise that much fruit in a few days.
I guess the Android players can do it. They at least can switch out of the Valentines version back to the regular version where all their dragons eat on the same low diet. iOS players who began on New Dawn don't have that option. Forget this.

It's 75k, & that's already way too greedy, if 140k now i'll quit the game lol

betsyb514
02-15-13, 05:40 AM
You may not receive a pop-up, but all players are able to participate. Your Chocolate Dragon will count. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

msvidkiller13
02-15-13, 02:28 PM
why isn't kindle in contest?????????????????????????????????????

sand
02-15-13, 02:33 PM
It's 75k, & that's already way too greedy, if 140k now i'll quit the game lol

That comes as a relief and a surprise. The other dragons maintain the same ratio all the way through the levels. I.e., a dragon who eats 5x as much as another on level 1 also eats 5x as much on every other level. I therefore extrapolated from the pattern I saw with dragons who started with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 fruit at level 1.
So Caesar & Chocolate start at 15x the food eaten by Fire, Forest & Air, but don't maintain that ratio throughout? Okay.
I agree 75000 is still way too much. My white hybrids are mostly sitting between levels 3 and 7 because it I can't afford to feed them beyond that.
For the Chocolate sweepstakes, I say BREED EM BUT DON'T FEED EM!

sand
02-15-13, 02:51 PM
Dig this: unless you're lucky enough to start the Chocolate breed by this time tomorrow, you likely can't get it to epic before the deadline without using gold.
20 den hours, 20 nest hours and 60 temple hours - that's nearly 4 days, assuming you have the food on hand and can feed the dragon immediately from one evolution to the next.
I'm getting a Tusker as a fail. Downright happy with that.

profsink
02-15-13, 02:55 PM
Yeah, TeamLava did an excellent job making this Sweepstakes about as "no purchase necessary" as one would expect a sweepstakes to truly be.

sand
02-15-13, 03:01 PM
I meant that's OVER 4 days; not "nearly" 4 days. We are now 117 hours away from the sweepstakes deadline with a dragon that needs 100 back-to-back un-speeded hours to reach epic.

betsyb514
02-15-13, 03:33 PM
I meant that's OVER 4 days; not "nearly" 4 days. We are now 117 hours away from the sweepstakes deadline with a dragon that needs 100 back-to-back un-speeded hours to reach epic.

Even if you do speed it up, level 7 is 1800 a pop and level 8 is 4200 a pop to feed. The Cupid dragons ate all my food!

angelaflame
02-16-13, 01:35 AM
Not even gonna try to get mine epic for this contest. I'll take my 1 entry, thanks. After my chocolate finishes breeding, I'll go back to hunting the standard dragons I'm still missing, while avoiding giving TL any more of my real-world money..

angelaflame
02-16-13, 05:46 AM
We should get more time for these contests, the 4 or 5 day window is too short. At least give the casual players a chance. Contests should run 2 weeks, in my opinion. And for fairness, should only count one dragon per ID, and one entry per level, which means a level 2 dragon gets 2 entries, level 3 gets 3, etc.

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-16-13, 06:38 AM
We should get more time for these contests, the 4 or 5 day window is too short. At least give the casual players a chance. Contests should run 2 weeks, in my opinion. And for fairness, should only count one dragon per ID, and one entry per level, which means a level 2 dragon gets 2 entries, level 3 gets 3, etc.

Hmmm..if the contest ran for 2 weeks. It would give you an even less of a chance of winning - a lot more people probably would have bred chocolate.

But I do agree with the one dragon per ID.

kwhales
02-16-13, 07:43 AM

So, people who want to breed over and over again for more chances, or use hard earn money to buy gold to buy the dragon are just out of luck?
That's not fair. If someone wants to devote their time and breeding den to getting more than one contest dragon, they should be allowed to. and if they want to use all their food supply to epic those dragons, so be it.

Casual players? Most of us here on the forum are not casual players, we are pretty much nuts, but we play a lot. And we help to make changes in the game, as opposed to someone who just plays casually. And, I think maybe only one person won a contest like this. So, if a non casual player wants to go crazy and breed a lot of contest dragons, they should be allowed to.

wassupbaby
02-16-13, 09:25 AM
Afterall, this contest is just another way for TL to earn more money.It's not a coincidence that contest's dragons take lots of time ( snowman 21 hrs, cupid 18 hrs, chocolate 20 hrs...) and the contest only run for a very short time. Buy gold people , buy gold :)

betsyb514
02-16-13, 09:30 AM
Afterall, this contest is just another way for TL to earn more money.It's not a coincidence that contest's dragons take lots of time ( snowman 21 hrs, cupid 18 hrs, chocolate 20 hrs...) and the contest only run for a very short time. Buy gold people , buy gold :)

Spent too much on the last one. Besides, it's not worth buying unless it is on sale! Wink wink!

codenamezebra
02-16-13, 11:06 AM
Its cuter as a baby :(

Baraze
02-16-13, 11:43 AM
I had 26,000 food saved for the dragon when it finished evolving to level 7. Im now on level 8 only! I now know a player was massive amounts of food stored or someone who pays for food will win. Even if i made food every ten minutes, it will be impossible to get all four of mines to epic. So ill do one and just hatch the babies to let it be one more ticket in the pot.

These costs are ridiculous! Its definitely to make people buy gold to speed things along. Not me. Not anymore.

LilMzB4Life
02-16-13, 01:29 PM
I have another Chocolate breeding now while still trying to get enough food just to get it to epic. Right now it's at lvl 7 I think. I know it costs 4200 just to feed it. Multiply that by 5 and the total is 21,000 just to get to the next level. I ran out of food trying to get Cupid to epic. Oh well, won't be losing any sleep or money trying to rush this one.

LilMzB4Life
02-16-13, 01:30 PM
I have another Chocolate breeding now while still trying to get enough food just to get it to epic. Right now it's at lvl 7 I think. I know it costs 4200 just to feed it. Multiply that by 5 and the total is 21,000 just to get to the next level. I ran out of food trying to get Cupid to epic. Oh well, won't be losing any sleep or money trying to rush this one.

Meant to say that I'm still trying to get my first Chocolate to epic which is currently at lvl 7.

LilMzB4Life
02-16-13, 01:35 PM
Ok, so I don't know how to edit posts if we can but my Chocolate dragon is at lvl 8 and not lvl 7.

betsyb514
02-16-13, 04:21 PM
Ok, so I don't know how to edit posts if we can but my Chocolate dragon is at lvl 8 and not lvl 7.

Just got to level 9, 7500 a pop to feed.

LilMzB4Life
02-16-13, 05:21 PM
Just got to level 9, 7500 a pop to feed.

These feedings are RIDICULOUS!!! I'll be lucky if I'm able to get this one to epic before the deadline!!!

Baraze
02-16-13, 06:51 PM
These feedings are RIDICULOUS!!! I'll be lucky if I'm able to get this one to epic before the deadline!!!

Tell me about it! I said forget about it and put my rose into the evolution chamber. Itll take me two days to make the food to get chocolate to epic. And another three days for a second one. Its beyond silly how much food they eat.

cedkugedchgd
02-17-13, 02:20 AM
am i the only one who can't get the chocolate dragon?!

Delforce
02-17-13, 02:33 AM
am i the only one who can't get the chocolate dragon?!
No.
I also can't get the chocolate dragon OR Cupid, Passion, Ceasar etc. Even tho I got both left and right hearts as soon as they came out, Passion eludes me...lol

bryanjdbalot
02-17-13, 03:30 AM
anyone can join this?anyone playing valentines edition i want to join

Colliinnn
02-17-13, 06:17 AM
Hello how do sweepstakes work? I bred one choco right now so that means i got one entry?
And if so, if i don't mention it on the forum it's still a entry?

betsyb514
02-17-13, 06:54 AM
Hello how do sweepstakes work? I bred one choco right now so that means i got one entry?

You get one entry for every Chocolate you hatch. An additional 10 entries for any Chocolate you get to Epic form. Team Lava collects the entry information through their server. You don't have to post it on the forum. But you can always brag about it!!! Congratulations on your Chocolate! Some of my neighbors are acing a tough time with this one!

kwhales
02-17-13, 06:55 AM

Yes. The entries are done internally by TL through your game. So once you get the dragon into the habitat, your entry is logged by TL. You don't have to mention it on the forum unless you would like to brag and celebrate your success.

Colliinnn
02-17-13, 07:27 AM
Ah ok thanks! Then i better go feeding this one to 10 and try making some other choco's

kwhales
02-17-13, 07:34 AM
Ah ok thanks! Then i better go feeding this one to 10 and try making some other choco's

Hope you have alot of food stashed away. These guys are really hungry.

Colliinnn
02-17-13, 10:59 AM
Yeah lucky for me i can at least evolve 2 to lvl 10 with stashed food but i'm wondering how many entries thr average is for making a chance at win a sweepstakes. Does anyone knows?

sollia
02-17-13, 03:03 PM
Mine is in the den from Pegasus and Virtue :)

wassupbaby
02-17-13, 03:17 PM
Yeah lucky for me i can at least evolve 2 to lvl 10 with stashed food but i'm wondering how many entries thr average is for making a chance at win a sweepstakes. Does anyone knows?

Ughhh it's soooo cute

Aileen_
02-17-13, 08:50 PM
So, does anyone know the official food count needed to evolve this dragon to lv. 10? I keep hearing 75k and another number was about 15k- no longer sure... thanks for those that reply!

sand
02-17-13, 11:26 PM
It is indeed 75000 fruit total to get it to epic. 90 percent of that is consumed on levels 7, 8, and 9.
If you're still trying to breed Choco, you won't get it to epic by the sweepstakes deadline without sinking gold into the project. However, for just 7500 fruit, you can take it to level 7 where it will earn you a nice 1767 coins per hour and for earnings like that, you gotta love ugly.

angelaflame
02-18-13, 02:07 AM
So, people who want to breed over and over again for more chances, or use hard earn money to buy gold to buy the dragon are just out of luck?
That's not fair. If someone wants to devote their time and breeding den to getting more than one contest dragon, they should be allowed to. and if they want to use all their food supply to epic those dragons, so be it.

Casual players? Most of us here on the forum are not casual players, we are pretty much nuts, but we play a lot. And we help to make changes in the game, as opposed to someone who just plays casually. And, I think maybe only one person won a contest like this. So, if a non casual player wants to go crazy and breed a lot of contest dragons, they should be allowed to.

Well, personally I think the contest should be used as a means to keep people playing instead of a tool to force people to quit in frustration. If a casual player wins, then it might give them incentive to become more hardcore. A contest which is weighted on how much real-world cash you have to throw around is only fair to the people who have such cash. Are you saying Bill Gates and Donald Trump should win every contest they enter?

I consider myself a pretty hardcore player in Dragon Story, but that doesn't mean I spend all my life savings to buy every new dragon and instantly make it epic. Remember, no matter how much real money you spend to win a contest like this, someone else always has more money than you. You are not elite just because you can spend $100 to buy an epic-level chocolate dragon to give yourself that 1% chance of winning back $150. The odds are never in your favor.

wassupbaby
02-18-13, 03:11 AM
I used to think about the contest that way. But now i see it differently. Why do you think that only DS has contests and other TL games dont ? To me its not a contest anymore but im more than glad to hear that pp buy tons of gold to breed for the contest. At least this way , they keep the game alive.

sand
02-18-13, 04:36 AM
People are making way too much of this. Odds may be in favor of the gold-buyers, but that doesn't guarantee they will win. And you have to wonder what edge a person really has if they spend any significant amount of money on fake gold in the hope of winning free fake gold. LOL
I'm not buying any gold, but I'll spend some free gold in the hope of winning MORE free gold.
I bred my 1st Chocolate 91hrs ahead of sweepstakes deadline and a 2nd one just now, 56hrs ahead of deadline. IF (and this is a big, big IF) I can raise enough food, I'll need to gold-rush at least 9hrs; more if I'm not online to do the morphs back-to-back.
It's no big deal if the 1st dragon can't get to epic. I'll have 2 entries anyway. 11 would be nicer, but what the hay.
Why complain about whether it's fair to have so little time to feed a 20hr morpher on a 75K diet? That's not unfair; that's just very slim odds. It's not a contest - it's a sweepstakes; a lottery; a game of CHANCE. Is it unfair that I haven't bred a Diamond dragon yet while others have either bred or bought them outright? Seriously?
Consider this: if we had a whole month to breed &/or raise a new red-green dragon on a low-fruit diet, there will still be a lot of players who aren't able to even produce the egg in that time. Is it unfair that they would be left out of the sweepstakes? I mean not even an egg! That ain't unfair; that's just bad luck. And the gal who gets a dozen of them to epic without even spending gold? - a whole lotta dumb luck. She may not even win, for all that luck!

looney_gul
02-18-13, 04:53 AM
how to breed chocolate dragon, what is kindle users?

betsyb514
02-18-13, 07:50 AM

Unfortunately Kindle users can not breed this dragon yet. Pink dragons are not yet available on Kindle.

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 08:24 AM
And that,people, is why I don't even bother with sweepstakes. :p lol.

Kindle is a platform of a certain device. Well, actually, the device itself is called Kindle from Amazon. Most of these devices can play dragpn story.
Other platforms that can run Dragon Story are iOS (apple devices like iPod, iPhone, iPad) and Android devices (cellphones or tablets with a specific type of Android software, because not all android software can install DS).
That being said, pther platforms cannot run DS. For example Windows phones, or Blackberries, or Nokias running on Symbian OS (OS mean Operating System - the SOFTWARE of a device). :)

codenamezebra
02-18-13, 06:24 PM
Yay I got mine and in evolution temple to be 10... I am happy because I totally missed cupid.. I like chocolate in baby phase all others its face is funny

finnth12
02-19-13, 01:06 PM
I got one too, this is the only sweepstakes that I could get, I missed the turkey sweepstakes and Cupid sweepstakes. I'll keep breeding it since I need tiny on my island.

Shini02
02-19-13, 04:59 PM
Whelp...been breeding 24/7 since the popup...all I've gotten is tos of love dragons and one laserlight... guess I'm missing this one :/

kurebiz
02-19-13, 05:40 PM
I've only gotten one despite trying for it since the contest started. 3 laserlights and the rest are loves.. where's my tiny?!

mamareader02
02-19-13, 09:22 PM
Got my choco dragon-but keeping it at 6-too ugly as adult-good luck to everyone else who is participating!:)

RotomGuy
02-20-13, 12:39 AM
*sigh* So close to entering again. Finally bred my Pink, but today is the deadline, so no entry for me again. :(

Colliinnn
02-20-13, 02:58 AM
Got my second out of egg and the first one to epic so lets see what happens�� also 1 tiny so it was a good sweepstakes for me!

Colliinnn
02-21-13, 10:31 AM
Are there already winners of wht is this about?

sand
02-21-13, 11:49 AM
I've only gotten one despite trying for it since the contest started. 3 laserlights and the rest are loves.. where's my tiny?!

No Tiny for me either, although that is the original pink-white hybrid. I paired Virtue & Light from Thu evening to the following Wed morning and got 7 Loves, 2 Chocolates, 1 Tusker and 1 Laserlight. The Chocolate sweepstakes quest churned out every single red-white hybrid. In fact, Chocolate is the ONLY pink hybrid this stubborn Virtue has EVER produced on my island. The pink dragon should be called Deceit rather than Virtue.
Anyway, I was glad for the Choco-buzzards even though I didn't get them in a timely fashion. I did have to gold-rush a 10-hour deficit to get the 1st one to epic. I'm leaving the 2nd one as a baby - the only stage when it's cute.

sand
02-21-13, 11:52 AM
If you folks see "Aetherlands" on the list of winners, that's ME! I win! I win! LOL

gwcastle
02-21-13, 11:09 PM
This one is really hard for me. I have tried 6th times, love, tusker, love, love, Tiny, love. No chocolate. But I got a Tiny dragon which I didn't have. So I am happy and still trying.

Horntail21
02-22-13, 12:39 PM
I was going to breed tiny/diamond but chose light/tiny by mistake. Still got it 20hrs

[S8] Elsa
02-22-13, 06:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/74eZIlS.png

To protect the player's privacy, the winners' profile names are shared instead of Storm8 IDs. Please note that profile names are not unique and the winners have already been awarded the prizes for their respective games. We apologize for any confusion.

LilMzB4Life
02-22-13, 11:35 PM
Congratulations to all the winners!!!

Gbdf4
02-23-13, 12:29 AM
I got and evolved my chocolate dragon to level 10 the days after the sweepstakes started. Why I did not get my gold? Is it on a 'first come first serve' basis?

stoogehunter
02-23-13, 01:15 AM
You didn't get gold because it is a competition. Only a few people win and it's random.

RotomGuy
02-23-13, 01:35 AM
I got and evolved my chocolate dragon to level 10 the days after the sweepstakes started. Why I did not get my gold? Is it on a 'first come first serve' basis?

Only 10 entires from the ginormous pile of entries were selected to win the gold. So the chances of winning these sweepstakes is unlikely.

44r0n
02-23-13, 01:55 AM
I have 4 level 10 chocolate dragon... That's 40 entries...
But still I'm not a winner... I will never try a sweepstake contest anymore...

NeferTsukia
02-23-13, 03:58 AM
I have 4 level 10 chocolate dragon... That's 40 entries...
But still I'm not a winner... I will never try a sweepstake contest anymore...

Ouch. Well, that's why I only ever truly tried to participate in one sweepstakes. Turkey's I presume. I only bred one and tried to evolve it to epic in time (and I think I did, without wasting my gold), and by the end I saw so many people complaining in the forum... I gave up. XD

mammami08
02-23-13, 04:05 AM
Ouch. Well, that's why I only ever truly tried to participate in one sweepstakes. Turkey's I presume. I only bred one and tried to evolve it to epic in time (and I think I did, without wasting my gold), and by the end I saw so many people complaining in the forum... I gave up. XD

Same here, the chanse to win is so so small it is almost 0%. I only participated in the first one, was that turkey? Had 10 epic turkeys but still no win so after that i just try for the dragon cause i want it on my island. It might get to epic if i have the food cause all my dragons that are there to stay (not duplicats for trading) are epic.

44r0n
02-23-13, 06:59 AM
Same here, the chanse to win is so so small it is almost 0%. I only participated in the first one, was that turkey? Had 10 epic turkeys but still no win so after that i just try for the dragon cause i want it on my island. It might get to epic if i have the food cause all my dragons that are there to stay (not duplicats for trading) are epic.

Seriously ??? You had 10 epic but not win the contest ??? If I knew this before, I never participated any... I use all my gold and fruit for this contest...

kwhales
02-23-13, 07:59 AM
Seriously ??? You had 10 epic but not win the contest ??? If I knew this before, I never participated any... I use all my gold and fruit for this contest...

You have to understand, there are millions of players. Chance are greater to be hit by lightening or win the lottery.

p.s. if you win the lottery, send me some so i can waste it on gold.

LilMzB4Life
02-23-13, 08:05 AM
I'm done with these contests as well!!!

mammami08
02-23-13, 09:16 AM

Yes, but the turkey didn't eat as much as choco or topaz. And it was quite easy for me to breed so i had 10 for that contest, but since then i havn't bothered. I think i have had one epic any way for the following contests but that was by no intention.

I really feel sorry for you that you missunderstood this contests. :(

LilMzB4Life
02-23-13, 09:27 AM
I have a neighbor that I know had at least 10 epic turkeys (because I counted them) and did not win the contest. I was shocked not to see her island's name not on the list. I just knew it would be but it wasn't. That should have been my red flag right there about how difficult it is to win a contest. Yet, I still foolishly tried to be a contender. Not anymore, especially with this contest. Seriously, it takes 100,000 food just to feed the Topaz to epic. Not to mention its not fair that Kindle and Android have to spend gold just because we (I have a secondary game on my Kindle) don't have the ability to craft. I wish the best of luck to all those participating but I'm not losing any more sleep or buying any more gold for these contests.

sollia
02-23-13, 01:12 PM
p.s. if you win the lottery, send me some so i can waste it on gold.
Now that's the attitude to have! :P

sollia
02-23-13, 01:13 PM
Ah I forgot why I came in the first place. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "Winners Announced".

Djeaton
02-23-13, 02:09 PM
Different platforms mean technically different contests and requirements. So it is technically "fair" if they only offer a contest in one or some of their game platforms. Where it becomes an issue of fairness is when it is offered to different groups on different platforms with the requirements different from one group to the next. A sweepstakes cannot require a purchase to participate and cannot make it easier for one person to get entries than another (like the number of evolutions required to get the 10 entries for an epic dragon).

qtmomma
02-23-13, 03:01 PM
the sweepstake started like 4 hrs ago and now we have annoucement ? Right,i still cant see the pop up in game:| What happend with those dont go to forum and dont have the pop up ? Not to mention the ridiculous food cost . Great TL , seriously great !!!
That's ok, I bred 5 turkey dragons and evolved them all to lvl 10 and didn't win...sux
Then, the bakery contest, i didn't get til a day before it ended..i enter a lot of contests, but never win...

qtmomma
02-23-13, 03:02 PM
i'm about to stop entering them for a while...also, don't think moderators should be able to participate...

kwhales
02-23-13, 03:28 PM
i'm about to stop entering them for a while...also, don't think moderators should be able to participate...

Why? They play the game just like we do. They are volunteers. So why not? If they were paid employees it would be different.

Personally, I don't bother with contests, but everyone, and I mean everyone, should be able to participate. (without having to buy their way in. hint hint, should have to buy the dragon).

kwhales
02-23-13, 03:28 PM
Why? They play the game just like we do. They are volunteers. So why not? If they were paid employees it would be different.

Personally, I don't bother with contests, but everyone, and I mean everyone, should be able to participate. (without having to buy their way in. hint hint, should have to buy the dragon).

Oops>>>> shouldn't have to. not should.

gotalotaluv
02-23-13, 03:37 PM
Just wondering if anyone actually KNOWS anyone who won ANY of the contests ... just wondering.

Brewers167
02-24-13, 01:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone actually KNOWS anyone who won ANY of the contests ... just wondering.

One of my neighbors, Figment Island, won this contest. And she only had one Epic Chocolate dragon. Plus I won Gems from a facebook contest. So it might be a long shot, but you can't win if you don't try.

44r0n
02-24-13, 06:37 PM
Only have one chocolate epic can win the contest ??? I have 4 epic...
It's not a fair contest...

sollia
02-24-13, 06:52 PM
Only have one chocolate epic can win the contest ??? I have 4 epic...
It's not a fair contest...

It's a lottery. It doesn't matter if you have 70 of them, if you aren't randomly picked that's just how it goes.

cookiemonstur
02-25-13, 05:27 PM
I'm curious to know if the way we have our island names has any input on winning? Mine is using different letters to make it look cooler & I hope that doesn't affect me in the contest cause so far my topaz is almost to level 9 & i'm working on crafting another one as well to get them both to level 10

tonguelashing
02-25-13, 05:55 PM
I'm curious to know if the way we have our island names has any input on winning? Mine is using different letters to make it look cooler & I hope that doesn't affect me in the contest cause so far my topaz is almost to level 9 & i'm working on crafting another one as well to get them both to level 10

I think they actually do the draw based on your stormID which MUST be unique, then match your island name when annoucing the winners.