PDA

View Full Version : The state of the game..

tehbaker
02-13-13, 10:29 PM
Normally I am not one to complain. I have weathered the price increases, the servings decrease and the overall animosity shown towards BS over the last year. I'm not sure I can keep quiet any longer because this is just nagging at me.

I play both Bakery Story and Restaurant Story. I'm max level in BS and almost there in RS.

1. Why are the prices so wildly different? A chair on RS just cost me 5,000 whereas it costs 50,000 on BS. I can understand some difference, but this is just absurd.

2. Valentines Day update (content)? Pathetic, honestly. So few recipes, one new oven. Decor is minimal, sad and expensive. Restaurant Story got a whopping TWENTY THREE items while BS got 7. All gem decor for BS (save one item? a lamp that costs 50,000...), but some of the RS stuff was actually attainable via coins. This doesn't even include chairs/tables/wallpaper/flooring.

3. No V-day box? What gives? RS gets one, BS gets nothing. Nice. I saved up gems hoping for this, but not even worth waiting any longer.

4. For gosh sakes TL I'm playing on the CHRISTMAS VERSION with snow. Could you not bother updating the old Valentine's edition? It's not even worth it now, considering the holiday is today. SLOTS got a Valentine's day version but BS couldn't? Oh please.. that's just sad.

I won't be quitting. I have put too much time and effort into the game and I still enjoy it - almost done mastering all recipes. I love my neighbors. The only reason I was able to make my bakery look even somewhat valentine-y was because I have a lot of old pink items including gem stuff. I sincerely hope that TL hears what people are saying, even those without the threat of quitting.

I'm just disgusted at what seems to be a once-awesome game falling by the wayside. It's turning into an old car - you love it and keep throwing money and time at it to fix it but it just keeps breaking down. Eventually you just get rid of it. Please stop ruining a lovely game. I know it makes you money (I buy gems on a regular basis) but bleeding all your customers dry via ridiculous prices and cruddy content updates just leaves a sour taste.

Tehbaker

kieranyeow
02-13-13, 10:33 PM
Agree. Truffle Chair is the Only thing that left me a wish to stay.
Hope TL will bring back the Truffle Chair nobody hates it right?

tehbaker
02-13-13, 10:35 PM
Truffle chair is adorable! I have some from last years goals, but I would have loved to buy a few more.. Alas :(

minidemon88
02-14-13, 01:23 AM
Truffle chair is adorable! I have some from last years goals, but I would have loved to buy a few more.. Alas :(

You can still purchase them if you have already unlocked it. But it cost 30,000 coins for one truffle chair. It used to cost 15,000 coins. =/

kieranyeow
02-14-13, 01:25 AM
You can still purchase them if you have already unlocked it. But it cost 30,000 coins for one truffle chair. It used to cost 15,000 coins. =/

If TL give me a Chance for getting the truffle chair. I don't care whether it's expensive. I will be a Huge amount of them, cause describe how I want the Adorable chair ❤.❤

kieranyeow
02-14-13, 01:27 AM
If TL give me a Chance for getting the truffle chair. I don't care whether it's expensive. I will buy a Huge amount of them, can't describe how I want the Adorable chair ❤.❤

I Mean This ><|||

tehbaker
02-14-13, 02:44 AM
@minidemon88

That's interesting o_o I used up all my chairs the other day and instead of letting me purchase the block just disappeared until I placed them back in storage. Might need to try reinstalling the app on my phone. Will give that a shot :)

minidemon88
02-14-13, 03:44 AM
If TL give me a Chance for getting the truffle chair. I don't care whether it's expensive. I will buy a Huge amount of them, can't describe how I want the Adorable chair ❤.❤

I Mean This ><|||

LOL! Seem like you really wanted the truffle chair. Indeed it's cute and yummy looking. How I wish I can transfer some of them to you. =x

@minidemon88

That's interesting o_o I used up all my chairs the other day and instead of letting me purchase the block just disappeared until I placed them back in storage. Might need to try reinstalling the app on my phone. Will give that a shot :)

O.O" That's weird! I though the truffle chair was been removed, so when I heard we are able to re-purchase the truffle chair again. I went and did a check on my game. Took out and placed all my truffle chairs and it still allowed me to purchase more. So I just bought a few more. =p Just that it cost 30,000 coins now for one chair. XD Which version are you using? The regular one or the Christmas version? Btw, I'm using the Christmas version one currently.

kieranyeow
02-14-13, 03:51 AM
LOL! Seem like you really wanted the truffle chair. Indeed it's cute and yummy looking. How I wish I can transfer some of them to you.

If we had to chance to 'Transfer Items' I will transfer a lot of coins for your Truffle Chair too. Thanks for being nice, Happy Valentines Day ❤.❤

hentie2
02-14-13, 04:26 AM

Sorry you are welcome to all my truffle chairs they are horrid! the don't go with anything no table to match yuck!

hentie2
02-14-13, 04:29 AM
Normally I am not one to complain. I have weathered the price increases, the servings decrease and the overall animosity shown towards BS over the last year. I'm not sure I can keep quiet any longer because this is just nagging at me.

I play both Bakery Story and Restaurant Story. I'm max level in BS and almost there in RS.

1. Why are the prices so wildly different? A chair on RS just cost me 5,000 whereas it costs 50,000 on BS. I can understand some difference, but this is just absurd.

2. Valentines Day update (content)? Pathetic, honestly. So few recipes, one new oven. Decor is minimal, sad and expensive. Restaurant Story got a whopping TWENTY THREE items while BS got 7. All gem decor for BS (save one item? a lamp that costs 50,000...), but some of the RS stuff was actually attainable via coins. This doesn't even include chairs/tables/wallpaper/flooring.

3. No V-day box? What gives? RS gets one, BS gets nothing. Nice. I saved up gems hoping for this, but not even worth waiting any longer.

4. For gosh sakes TL I'm playing on the CHRISTMAS VERSION with snow. Could you not bother updating the old Valentine's edition? It's not even worth it now, considering the holiday is today. SLOTS got a Valentine's day version but BS couldn't? Oh please.. that's just sad.

I won't be quitting. I have put too much time and effort into the game and I still enjoy it - almost done mastering all recipes. I love my neighbors. The only reason I was able to make my bakery look even somewhat valentine-y was because I have a lot of old pink items including gem stuff. I sincerely hope that TL hears what people are saying, even those without the threat of quitting.

I'm just disgusted at what seems to be a once-awesome game falling by the wayside. It's turning into an old car - you love it and keep throwing money and time at it to fix it but it just keeps breaking down. Eventually you just get rid of it. Please stop ruining a lovely game. I know it makes you money (I buy gems on a regular basis) but bleeding all your customers dry via ridiculous prices and cruddy content updates just leaves a sour taste.

Tehbaker

Agree totally!

Kittiana
02-14-13, 04:42 AM

I agree with you on everything you've said, except this, why are you still playing the Christmas version when there is a valentine version to play. It was released a week or 2 ago. I don't even play the game anymore. I just Downloaded it to get gold for DS.

hentie2
02-14-13, 07:58 AM
I agree with you on everything you've said, except this, why are you still playing the Christmas version when there is a valentine version to play. It was released a week or 2 ago. I don't even play the game anymore. I just Downloaded it to get gold for DS.

It's not available for iOS players :(

saucysammis
02-14-13, 09:59 AM

I am hoping that means we will have a spring wonderland edition...more spring than st Patrick or Easter, but what are the odds.

saucysammis
02-14-13, 10:09 AM
Sorry, double post, but I'm liking the snow. Lets face it, in the northern hemisphere real world or even the Harry Potter world, on valentines day it's winter outside. Im happy with inside decor. I tried the old valentines version (looking for old items) but switched back to winter and falling snow.

Of course now the old one won't open, but I dont want it. Other than halloween, I like seasonal wonderlands outside more than holiday.

rainkissed
02-14-13, 01:41 PM

Tehbaker

Very well said!!!!! This game has lost it's appeal for me. Time to move on to bigger and better things. I quit. Will save me a LOT of $$$$ too.

tehbaker
02-14-13, 09:51 PM
@minidemon88

Yeah I am still playing on Xmas version since it's the most updated one.

@Kittiana

No updated V-day version for iOS :( I have the old V-day version from past downloads but it hasn't been updated so I won't use it.

@rainkissed

Thank you! What keeps me going are the remaining masteries and my awesome neighbors. Once I master everything I guess we'll see what happens.. :/

mposey
02-15-13, 05:27 AM

Tehbaker

Amen. I really wish TL would read this and take it under consideration. Cause I couldn't of said it better myself.

Kittiana
02-15-13, 01:21 PM

Oh Wowzers. It's usually the other way around o.o

cherryberry9
02-15-13, 05:08 PM

Tehbaker

Totally agree!

310pnut
02-16-13, 10:24 AM
Love it and want it back

If TL give me a Chance for getting the truffle chair. I don't care whether it's expensive. I will be a Huge amount of them, cause describe how I want the Adorable chair ❤.❤
I will at anything 4 it even gems

Sorry you are welcome to all my truffle chairs they are horrid! the don't go with anything no table to match yuck!
How about either 1 of these? http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/rose_pnut/580762e73f91543002eb1156459dafbb_zpsb9fc39f5.jpg or http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/rose_pnut/125359f209b4953e228aa7a0319ae99f_zpscb253115.jpg

hentie2
02-17-13, 01:14 PM
No sorry tried them with both those tables and others they just don't go together wrong pinks they clash IMO
I was going to sell them but it took such a lot of time cooking endlessly and coins to complete the goals to get them I'm keepin hold of them as maybe in the future we will be able to trade with each other and they are first on my list to trade lol

xoxjenn
02-17-13, 01:47 PM
I agree. The only Team Lava game I like is Bakery Story (for three years) & it is starting to get boring, which really sucks because it is my all time favorite game EVER. Not just on my phone. But I can't expand, can't get anything thats new because they always cost gems, the updates aren't as good as they used to be. It's almost as if TL wants Bakery Story to die out & for everyone to move to Restaurant Story... I know they're a lot a like, but I already have SO much into my Bakery & Restaurant Story just isn't as cute.

rainedrop101
02-17-13, 03:26 PM

Tehbaker

Agree too!

Wish teamlava would address this and fix a few things.

tehbaker
02-18-13, 01:17 AM
Thanks for all the responses! Hopefully TL listens one day to the scores of players who are dissatisfied - and rightly so. We aren't whining or moaning though eventually it can become that (as my original post did). I've posted helpful suggestions in the past and weathered through everything they've changed and just had to speak my mind. Many players have given amazing suggestions in these forums over the past year and surely before that and continue to do so. Many of these suggestions could easily be implemented without detriment to TL making money. Don't get me wrong - they are a business and I'm sure we all understand that. Unfortunately it's just been pushed too far whatever the reason.

Hopefully this game can have a turnaround - I will stick with it as I mentioned if only for my awesome neighbors. Keep up with constructive criticism and suggestions and maybe (just maybe) we will be heard one day.

ashrb
02-18-13, 03:43 PM
Thanks for all the responses! Hopefully TL listens one day to the scores of players who are dissatisfied - and rightly so. We aren't whining or moaning though eventually it can become that (as my original post did). I've posted helpful suggestions in the past and weathered through everything they've changed and just had to speak my mind. Many players have given amazing suggestions in these forums over the past year and surely before that and continue to do so. Many of these suggestions could easily be implemented without detriment to TL making money. Don't get me wrong - they are a business and I'm sure we all understand that. Unfortunately it's just been pushed too far whatever the reason.

Hopefully this game can have a turnaround - I will stick with it as I mentioned if only for my awesome neighbors. Keep up with constructive criticism and suggestions and maybe (just maybe) we will be heard one day.

I completely agree with every single thing you have said! Every time we have an update I'm always asking the same questions.. What on earth has happened to this game and why is TL playing the favorites game between RS & BS. The amount of money they make on BS I'm sure is A LOT, yet every update we get only a few things and usually it's all for gems. It makes me sad because I've been playing for three years now and I love my neighbors as well, but I'm sick and tired of hoping TL will have the decency to treat BS equally to how they treat RS, but every week that hope gets squashed. I've thought about quitting BS and playing RS, but I would hate to start all over on another game that's pretty similar after all the money & time I've invested in bakery. So I've simply come to the conclusion that TL is a pretty lousy company that can't treat all of their games equally and I think they're in over their heads and have too many games to handle and one game will always get treated like the black sheep and no matter how many times people have voiced their concerns or opinions, they just don't listen to us. I truly hope this game can have a turnaround, the Christmas & valentines updates compared to the RS ones made me so angry :/

freesiawoods
02-18-13, 06:28 PM
I love BS more than RS but I have so much more cash on RS. The current Valentines goals are coin suckers for expensive stuff that I dont even like and the rose ovens require so many parts compared to fondue for 2 and we have to get more ovens for the 50 cookies!!

theladymorgana
02-19-13, 12:00 AM
The prices were always higher in BS than RS, but they used to be 30-50% higher. Now it is closer to 100-120%.

LGO217
02-22-13, 10:56 AM
I play BS and RS. I am torn between the two. I happen to like the decor for BS over RS. But I also think that the cost for expansion in BS is way too high over RS. I thought the valentine goal prize for RS was cheesy, but for BS I was satisfied. I don't know if TL favors one game over the other. What really gets me is that TL never responds to feedback. Its about money for them. While I understand that, I think listening and responding to customers is equally important. I have spent money on the games, so I expect customer service. Anyways, my coffee is ready to serve. Happy baking/cooking folks!

anitahere
09-10-13, 11:19 AM
Agree totally!

yes I also agree. I hope we get a Halloween edition Christmas edition and Valentine's edition this year, farm story is already using a fall edition. they want to spend money give us something new without outrageous prices. :-)