PDA

View Full Version : Feeling ripped by a free game

Rigit2
02-12-13, 09:03 PM
I installed New Dawn. Hated it. Promise of more dragons but they failed to mention virtually every expansion would cost you $800,000.00 in the form of a tree. So I uninstalled it and went back to the original. When expanding there's a rock, one of those bushes and a tree. I expand and when it's finished walla it's all replaced with an $800,000.00 tree. Is there any way to really get the old game back?

crazycobra
02-12-13, 10:28 PM
Even in the old game, you will reach a point where many of your expansions reveal bitter bark trees. The image of the rock and tree and bush is just a placeholder. Just expand around the bitter bark tree til you can afford to remove it.

kwhales
02-13-13, 04:21 AM
As you level up, everything gets more expensive, weeds, expansions (they also take longer too), the amount of maps you need. But soon, you will get enough coins to handle it. Most higher levels have millions of coins with nothing really to do with it.

NeferTsukia
02-13-13, 05:13 AM
Wait until you reach the mouldy boulder. 990,000 a pop. Hahaha. :)

ivanazagreb
02-13-13, 05:38 AM
Yup! I had to change my strategy cuz of this! Instead of having as many habitats as possible, now I'm starting to group up my dragons and as soon as I clear one piece of land so I can manuver my habitats around I'll sell all my Fire Habitats but one and I'll buy Light ones so I can have as manny high profit Babies as possible!!

hamadrys
02-13-13, 06:26 AM
Wait until you reach the mouldy boulder. 990,000 a pop. Hahaha. :)
It can be kept also, I think that one looks really cool actually ;)

nky1111
02-13-13, 07:49 AM
trees aren't big problem.. u can choose easier areas until u level up..

and about ripped off..lol you haven't seen the valentine version yet)))) i suppose thats the end of dragon story. i've uninstalled.

Rigit2
02-13-13, 12:11 PM
Even in the old game, you will reach a point where many of your expansions reveal bitter bark trees. The image of the rock and tree and bush is just a placeholder. Just expand around the bitter bark tree til you can afford to remove it.

There's no way to do that. Virtually EVERY expansion will in the end reveal a 800K tree. This is unsustainable and an obvious attempt on Team Lavas part to all but force people to buy their over priced gold bars. My plan at this point is to breed "fast" dragons. Love dragons are very easily bread and take only 5 hours. From bread to epic in 25 hours and they make 1057/hr. Might look funny but it will get me some fast cash.

MomsHouseofSweets
02-13-13, 12:30 PM
You don't have to clear everything too quickly and you don't even have to clear it all, but use some of it as "decor". That's what I have done. Some areas are cleared, but I kept some trees, rocks and or a while, even the 'shrooms, because I'm Android and the nice decor and buildings are not available to us, so ... I use trees, rock and such. Some people think my islands are "strange", but that's ok ... I like them.

hamadrys
02-13-13, 01:08 PM
I started doing that too, because I think these trees and rocks and mushrooms are really cute. It is hard to build around but worth it. I would love to take a peek at your island, so don't feel obligated to add me if you don't want to. ;)

idestined
02-13-13, 02:33 PM
You can expand in a way which avoids obstacles. I have worked on an image gallery showing a lot of things beneath dark green by screenshotting what other people have not cleared. :p
Shame that I can't exactly post my work here (no external links?)
Contact me ingame. It's not complete, only indicative.

idestined
02-13-13, 02:34 PM
I mean avoid expensive obstacles.

NeferTsukia
02-13-13, 05:49 PM
It can be kept also, I think that one looks really cool actually ;)

Well, yeah, but I like everything cleared up for habitats and whatnot :p

You don't have to clear everything too quickly and you don't even have to clear it all, but use some of it as "decor". That's what I have done. Some areas are cleared, but I kept some trees, rocks and or a while, even the 'shrooms, because I'm Android and the nice decor and buildings are not available to us, so ... I use trees, rock and such. Some people think my islands are "strange", but that's ok ... I like them.

I like yours! :)