PDA

View Full Version : Which ones are limited?

OrdinaryJoe
02-11-13, 03:01 PM
Cupid, Rose, Left, Right, Passion... and Chocolate.

All are "valentine" themed dragons, but are they just available for a limited time?

Which ones are limited editions? Just trying to decide which ones we need to breed first.

[S8] Elsa
02-11-13, 03:03 PM
Dragons with a limited availability will have timers on them.

Magikot
02-11-13, 03:15 PM

Android versions do not have timers. :(

NeferTsukia
02-11-13, 04:51 PM
Android versions do not have timers. :(

Hopefully they will have fixed it for future LE dragons, and when the timers appear they will appear for everyone. I'm iOS and only had timers on 2 of the LE's , or something like that.

sweetstuff525
02-11-13, 04:53 PM
They done have timers... But I would think if these are limited the first ones that should go are fireworks elf abe snowman since those dragons are holiday related that happened last year

hamadrys
02-11-13, 05:29 PM
Well if by any chance, some would have timers and android doesn't see it, we could come here and find out, I am sure.

sollia
02-11-13, 05:45 PM

I've never seen a timer on a dragon. Do you mean the goal? I have timers on some goals.

kwhales
02-11-13, 06:15 PM
The timers show up across the dragon or when you enter the game as a pop up. iOS had them for the Halloween dragons. You will know when a timer is activated.

sollia
02-11-13, 06:22 PM
Does that mean Snowman is here to stay?

kwhales
02-11-13, 06:33 PM
Does that mean Snowman is here to stay?

For now. I think (my opinion only) it will be here till spring. But who knows.

iSleepyPanda
02-11-13, 11:18 PM
With all due respect for the mods and community managers, can direct answers to questions be given please. For example:

Q: Is the a limited edition?
A: No it's not limited edition. Dragons with a limited availability will have timers on them.

Or

A: Yes it is limited edition. The [XXX dragon] will leave the market/game in [I]XX days.

The reason being, although you provided some information the response was vague and general. I have never had a timer on any of my dragons since the Pumpkin dragon was introduced. The new dragons always say NEW whether it's LE or not. I never get an in-game pop-up with a count down timer when any of the LE's leave the game. The only thing that ever has a time frame are the goals but I can't rely on that because sometimes the dragons remain of the goal expires.

I understand "Dragons with a limited availability will have timers on them" is an easy way not to get painted in a corner if something changes. I think most of us would understand any change that can occur in-game.

Clearly, even after a response was given to this question, players still have questions about certain dragons. Not just in this thread but others threads I've read with the same response.

A great place to include whether or not the dragon is LE would be in the weekly update thread.

i.e.

Dragon update 2/XX/2013

New Dragon!

[insert image of new dragon]
The XXXX Dragon is coming soon to Dragon Story!

This is a limited edition dragon here for [I]XX days. Hurry to get yours before it leaves the island. ~good luck~

Again, no disrespect. It's just helpful and clear.

Thanks for listening

iSleepyPanda
02-11-13, 11:24 PM
Edit
*** The only thing that ever has a time frame are the goals but I can't rely on that because sometimes the dragons remain after the goal expires.

sibeipekchek
02-12-13, 01:24 AM
So none are limited? Cos i nv see any timer on it.. so i can take my time to breed any other dragon?

citius
02-12-13, 03:35 AM
I agree that it's really confusing to know whether the dragon is limited or not. It's not enough to say that "If it has timer on the goal, then it's limited".. Snowman dragon had a timer, but he's still breedable until now..
So well said iSleepyPanda, the mods should give a clearer and more specific answers..

NeferTsukia
02-12-13, 05:08 AM
I agree that it's really confusing to know whether the dragon is limited or not. It's not enough to say that "If it has timer on the goal, then it's limited".. Snowman dragon had a timer, but he's still breedable until now..
So well said iSleepyPanda, the mods should give a clearer and more specific answers..

Well, as much as I do think we should all have a right to information, we have to keep something in mind: our mods are forum moderators, and they'relayers just like we are. Pony, Sehana and Kooky don't have access to much more information than we do, regardless of what we may think (although it's clear that Pony has been tipped off about new dragons before :p )

That being said, I do believe that their answer - Limited Editions (will) have timers on them - is what they actually do know.
Meaning: they're not game developers or game managers or whatever. They moderate the forum, keep it clean and organized and whatnot, they carry our feedback onto game managers, and that's their job here. They don't decide what dragons to release, which ones are limited, which ones aren't...

That being said, although they don't really have access to all in-game updates long before they're "on air" , I do think they could pester game developers/techs a bit more, try to squeeze out some info... :p

But for now their answer is clear - until one of the dragons actually starts getting a timer for its breeding availability, it will not be a Limited Edition.
Basically, the game staff can suddenly "decide" to create a timer for, say, snowman dragon. And then it'll be officially considered LE. Which is weird, seeing that is WAS announced as limited when it first came out...

ivanazagreb
02-12-13, 05:46 AM
Well, as much as I do think we should all have a right to information, we have to keep something in mind: our mods are forum moderators, and they'relayers just like we are. Pony, Sehana and Kooky don't have access to much more information than we do, regardless of what we may think (although it's clear that Pony has been tipped off about new dragons before :p )

That being said, I do believe that their answer - Limited Editions (will) have timers on them - is what they actually do know.
Meaning: they're not game developers or game managers or whatever. They moderate the forum, keep it clean and organized and whatnot, they carry our feedback onto game managers, and that's their job here. They don't decide what dragons to release, which ones are limited, which ones aren't.....[/QUOTE]

Well said!!

iSleepyPanda
02-12-13, 10:45 PM
As I stated in my post I have never received a count down timer for any of the dragons that are/were limited. So reading "Dragons with a limited availability will have timers on them" is not very helpful to me. Not to mention it's becoming a bit daunting to have to come to the forums and cipher through 20 pages on a topic to find a part of an answer then another 5 pages to find the remaining part of the answer.

enoch4
02-13-13, 12:59 AM
My take is this: they faced a real issue at Halloween with the limited edition dragons because information was not distributed uniformly. Those who saw a timer had to rush breed and in many cases buy extra gold to get dragons before they expired, while those who didn't have a timer unfairly lost the chance to breed the dragons not knowing they were going to expire. So TL brought the dragons back to make it right by the second group, even though this meant the gold bought by first group was therefore bought under the pressure of an inaccurate deadline. No way to make it fair to everyone in this situation. The only way to prevent this problem in the future is to ensure accurate information is distributed uniformly from now on. Not everyone reads the forums so if they announce stuff here that isn't announced in-game, they are back to the problem of not giving everyone the same information. So instead of just telling us here, they are letting us know that from now on the announcement of the limited status on dragons will come in-game, in the form if a pop-up timer that everyone sees, so that it is fair to everyone now going forward. We all want to know when/if these dragons will expire but it is better for everyone if the announcement comes to everyone at once. A timer may just be the easiest way for them to handle that (plus it gives them flexibility on when they make the final decision to remove dragons from the market, they can decide to leave them longer and hold off the timer until they are for sure ready to issue it). That's just what the situation looks like to me. We'll have to be patient and find out with everyone else.

wolfwindmoon
02-13-13, 08:57 AM
So... is there any way we could get a direct answer to the OP, please? Even a "we don't really know" would be ok at this point...

MazShaddix
02-13-13, 12:43 PM
Well u know snowman is still breedable, I bred one about 15 mins ago when I put it on nest and I bred an elf a week and a half ago

profsink
02-13-13, 02:34 PM
I think the problem here is that you're asking the wrong question. "Limited" dragons will have timers, but they also said any content may be removed at any time. We were told Snowman and Elf would be going away "soon", and yet... Still, it's difficult to picture we'll be able to breed Snowman in July...

Anyway, point being, "limited" has special meaning for them, that is, dragons with timers. But that doesn't mean they won't be removing Valentine's content to make way for St. Patrick's content, or perhaps Easter.

So the better question is, "How long until Valentine's content is removed?"