PDA

View Full Version : Important note about gifting

bbarra
02-11-13, 09:58 AM
Not everyone has the valentine version or if they do has built anything yet so I think it's a good idea to visit their kingdom before visiting. Does no good to send seedling or valentine rock and wood to someone that can't use it. I take a look around and try to get an idea what their progress is and make my best guess to what they might can use to progress. Ive seen folks with less than 500 royal points and one of each resource building so I may pick glimmer or wisp. Then there's a few that appear to have done everything and expanded all they can so I would probably not send wisp, probably a consumable for crafting. But definitely make sure they can use a valentine gift first. Just a thought.

maguar
02-11-13, 01:13 PM
They may not be aware that the valentine update is out. By sending a new gift to them they may ask you what it's for and you can let them know about the update.

olcastle
02-11-13, 02:19 PM
They may not be aware that the valentine update is out. By sending a new gift to them they may ask you what it's for and you can let them know about the update.

If you want let them know just use the wall, don't waste a gift.

cloudsail
02-11-13, 02:24 PM
I think earth wisps are useful even for people who have expanded all the way because you need a lot for the dark caves adventure. Of course now that we're all bashing rocks like crazy for pink jewels we may all have more coal than we can use...

olcastle
02-11-13, 02:30 PM
...and you'll need a lot of wisps for upgrading

bbarra
02-11-13, 02:37 PM
If you want let them know just use the wall, don't waste a gift.

When I get a gift I always go to their wall and ask what they want but after 3 or 4 days with no reply I just send what they sent me. Figure if they picked that one then they like it too. Also, even if they posted on your wall a week ago what they wanted but didn't gift you then...it was just a request...what theyvneeded then might not be what they need now. I hope Team Lava seriously considers my suggestion to add a text box so they can let you know what they want when they send a gift.

olcastle
02-11-13, 02:46 PM
Take it easy :) If they'd really need something they would answer.
It's just not important for them so it shouldn't be so important for you :)

Em_storm
02-11-13, 03:39 PM

Actually, I tried this. I have a kingdom on my phone, and installed one on the iPad just to have a neighbor. I've only installed V-Day on my phone. Out of curiosity I sent an entwined seedling to the second non-Valentine kingdom, and it never came through. So it's possible that if you don't check to see if they're playing V-Day, they might think you're not gifting them at all.

bowlfullofcherries
02-11-13, 05:39 PM
What do the hearts do when a neighbor makes your buildings sparkle?

maguar
02-12-13, 02:26 AM
When you collect from the building you get an extra 20% rent and 1 xp.

bowlfullofcherries
02-12-13, 02:28 AM
Thanks. :)

etel2012
02-12-13, 05:50 PM
Oh, it dawn onto me that someone gave me a pink stone and I am not on valentine version (but on original version cos I didn't want the V-CS). Funny, I accepted the pink stone and my CS started having valentines goals! I wonder why... Any ideas?

rengirl1978
02-12-13, 07:11 PM
I just gift to the same 3 ppl and we keep in communication about what we need. I also have a note on my wall for anyone new who visits and wishes to send me a gift, of what I need at that time. If someone other than my reg 3 gifts me, then I usually gift back what they sent when I have a chance.
Rhi's Kingdom

Em_storm
02-12-13, 09:33 PM
Oh, it dawn onto me that someone gave me a pink stone and I am not on valentine version (but on original version cos I didn't want the V-CS). Funny, I accepted the pink stone and my CS started having valentines goals! I wonder why... Any ideas?

Earlier I posted that mine never came through to my non-Valentine kingdom, but today it randomly showed up (better late than never I guess) and that kingdom started getting the Valentine goals too. Strangeness is definitely in the air in the Glimmerwood.

Em_storm
02-12-13, 09:58 PM
Just read that they've released the goals to the regular version too. I'll try to add the link.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46262-Valentine-s-Day-Event-Information&highlight=Valentine

etel2012
02-13-13, 01:43 AM
Just read that they've released the goals to the regular version too. I'll try to add the link.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46262-Valentine-s-Day-Event-Information&highlight=Valentine

Thanks for the clarification!