PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of the Enchanted Farm

MoltresRider
02-10-13, 01:46 PM
so I spend bookoo coins to upgrade a large farm to the Enchanted Farm thinking "larger crops and more food" when in reality all you get are new crops that are EXTREMELY expensive and don't give you much food!!! there is a 800 food crop but it is so expensive, I can plant two Scaley Pears (700 food) for cheaper than 1 of the crop that has 800 food!!! I can tell you one thing, my two other large farms won't be getting an upgrade!!! it's not worth it!!!

what's the point of it anyway???

Horntail21
02-10-13, 01:52 PM
It's good for me. I have a ton of coin so I like to grow diamond dates. I also don't play as much as I used to so the five hour wait is better for me. I can't play the game every couple of minutes. There are advantages to both. Especially when you e reached a point where coins really don't matter to you anymore.

dapplefur
02-10-13, 01:57 PM
for me the cost doesn't bother me and it gives me more food at a quicker rate. i rather wait for 5 hour for 800 food than 20 hours for 700. then again i'm level 91 and have over 13 million coins and almost all the dragons.

sweetstuff525
02-10-13, 02:37 PM
I like them since you get more food quicker even if it's expensive what else I'm I saving my coins for expand every 6 days currently only need like 9 more expansions so after that I'll have plenty of coins for more food

lilylunalove
02-10-13, 02:43 PM
I'm just wondering when the coins start to come in at a rate when I can afford anything and everything? Do you need a Diamond for that? I'm on level 51 and constantly out of coins. Planting crops, expanding and especially clearing cost so much for me that all I can do is prioritize and wait. At the moment waiting to get 800k to clear one tree. So frustrating.

kwhales
02-10-13, 03:32 PM
I'm just wondering when the coins start to come in at a rate when I can afford anything and everything? Do you need a Diamond for that? I'm on level 51 and constantly out of coins. Planting crops, expanding and especially clearing cost so much for me that all I can do is prioritize and wait. At the moment waiting to get 800k to clear one tree. So frustrating.

Once you acquire a lot of super rares and diamond/diamond hybrids, the coins will come in quickly. Although, my level 32 daughter has over 3 million in coins because she doesn't use that many and doesn't epic dragons, so her food supply is nearly 30,000. She does the 8 hour food at night and during the day while she is at school and with 5 farms (one is small), she gets quite a bit of food for storage.

luv2wander
02-10-13, 04:31 PM
You don't have to have diamonds to make lots of coins. You do need some of the rarer dragons and you need to put them in the habitats that can hold the most coins. I only have 1 red habitat because it can hold the least amount of gold. My yellow habitats contain all my yellow and red hybrids. My green habitats have green and red hybrids, and green and yellow hybrids. Etc.

davewin
02-10-13, 05:26 PM
Don't sweat it man. Breed lots of rares/super rares and get them to epic then you'll have more money than you know what to do with it.

NeferTsukia
02-11-13, 05:44 AM
After a certain level we start accumulating tons of cash, so the more expensive food is kay to buy since we can harvest more in the same ammount of time.

henrylucky
02-11-13, 07:08 AM
At least Enchanted farm fruits are MUCH faster

sand
02-11-13, 01:38 PM
Fast bulk food. That's the point of Enchanted. Fast bulk at premium prices.
Large farms do slow bulk at moderate prices.
Small farms do fast cheap food, but in amounts that aren't practical if you're feeding higher level dragons (ESPECIALLY if they are on the super-inflated iOS diets).
Early in your game when space is an issue, keep your small farms. But once you've cleared Level 40, you've built 35 habitats and clearing out more space, you'll be ready to invest the money AND SPACE in the big farms.
I'm on L43 with 3 small & 3 enchanted. Don't upgrade twice. Sell a small to buy an enchanted. For goal purposes, they also count as large.

edolka
02-11-13, 03:41 PM
I had the same problem at that stage. What I did was I saved about 2 mil in coins, didn't plant, didn't expand, nothing, and then made sure I always had a mil saved in case needed emergency food or such. It helped me because I was still collecting from the habitats while having a cushion to fall back on :)

J85909266
02-12-13, 10:52 AM
Try keeping all your purple and white dragons in purple and white habitats, exclusively. Don't waste high income dragons in low income habitats. I keep six large purple and five large white habitats. I make sure each one has at least two dragons. I've been over 10 million for as long as I can remember. I never hurt for money. I'm also on Android, though, where we haven't had to put so much cash into feeding costs until just recently.

sollia
02-12-13, 10:57 AM
I mostly plant stuff from the large farms but I plant 2-3 diamondates a day. I find it's worth it.

lilylunalove
02-12-13, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all the tips concerning my lack of coins.
I've 22 big habitats, all full. Plus one small pink with Virtue. No room for more habs atm. I keep all the hybrids in that colour hab that holds most coins ie. all whites in whites, all purples in purples excluding ones that also have white etc. I've 64 dragons, no Diamond, 25/64 are epic, 21/64 are rare, 15/64 are super rare. I think I got it fairly good, but I'm still broke like all the time. I don't know. I hope that day comes when there's no shortage in coins anymore, if I just keep evolving (I don't evolve duplicates, at least not until all my originals are epic) to epic, clearing, expanding, adding habs, start breeding pinks and all that.