PDA

View Full Version : How has your strategy changed?

dragonian_momma
02-08-13, 08:14 PM
I used to collect from buildings first, then animals and then water, and I'd harvest wheat whenever I had extra energy... I rarely did flowers or mushrooms, as there was little need, unless making spaghetti. Since the update, I feel like I'm always playing catch-up... And am looking for a better strategy to get things needed for the new quests. There are so many, however, that I'm making myself a little nuts. How has your game changed, and are you willing to offer your tips for completing the new goals? :confused:

carijonas
02-08-13, 08:40 PM
Focus on one or two goals at a time

rosewaterlily
02-08-13, 09:18 PM
Buy lots of tree logs and chop them up for seedlings, love wood, and kissing dust. I'm ignoring my animals and plants for the most part (flowers don't give anything useful most of the time, and the hatcheries and stables are sufficient for the animal parts). I'm not planting crops as much and am chopping more trees for parts to upgrade buildings, but otherwise still buying rocks to mine and collecting coins.

jennraespu
02-08-13, 10:18 PM
Well, I feel that the ROI (return on investment) is LAME for building upgrades. I mean, you get your materials from the Level 2 Sparkling Mine 5-10 minutes faster than before? Is it worth it for what I had to gather to upgrade it? And the goal reward is negligible. So I'm sort of "ignoring" the building upgrades until the pieces just fall into place. I'm cutting more ferns & dead logs so I can get seedlings to get new plants from the love shack. My workshops were only making wisps & lanterns (for weeks), now they're back to building variety!!

"HundredAcreWood"

cakeandpie
02-09-13, 05:54 PM
Yeah, the mine/sawmill upgrades are near useless. The collection time is only 12 minutes less when upgrading to level two. I mean seriously!?! You have to put so much into it for only 12 minutes? And to get to level three you need a bunch of wisp lanterns. I'm thinking why on earth would I use up such a valuable resource as wisps which are needed for lumin essence and expanding, just to gain a few minutes, which won't change the amount of times I can collect from the mine in a day??

mymummy789
02-10-13, 05:54 AM
I think the building upgrades will be much more useful once the new, producive, quests are finished and we are all sitting waiting for the next update. Hopefully we will no longer have to be maxed out on items.
As for now, I have declared today to be a collecting rocks and wood day whilst crafting earth wisps to prevent losing coal. Its been a long time since I've had 99 coal in my inventory!!

elizabetheva
02-10-13, 08:34 AM
I think the building upgrades will be much more useful once the new, producive, quests are finished and we are all sitting waiting for the next update.

I completely agree! I'm enjoying the new valentine quests anyway, so I'm just working on those and crafting blocks and beams as I max out with all of my gathering for new the items.

cityfan
02-10-13, 10:31 AM
I use my energy for specific purposes, and change it each time. For e.g. First time in the morning, collect from all my coin buildings, then next time it's full, harvest crops and plant new ones, next time smash a rock, then chop trees, etc. I do always collect from my Valentines plants, I have 3, to keep the supply of seedlings.

My crafting buildings are making items for building upgrades, one set of buildings at a time.

jumperjing3
02-10-13, 12:04 PM
My strategy has also changed. I quickly realized that doing the building upgrade quests were pretty much useless so I will save them for later on down the road. Beings the pink jewels are hard to come by I smash up large rocks and the iron rich rocks for a chance at those elusive jewels. In my workshop I'm only making stone blocks and fancy blocks to use them up. By the time I do get to the upgrades I'll have at least the fancy beams ready. I collect from my 2 pink flowers that I crafted for a chance of a seedling or two. I collect from sir piggies when he is ready and from my mines and sawmills. Beings I'm not strapped for coins right now I have just put my coin buildings in storage and take them back out...I do that so my nbrs can find some hearts when they visit. I only collect from them in the morning when my energy is full and I'm gonna get energy from my adventure. I haven't worried about harvesting or cooking as I have enough for adventures to last about 3 weeks.
I am loving the update! Was glad to see this thread cuz I've been reading it to see other ideas to maybe change strategies.

sgtmonkeynads
02-10-13, 09:57 PM
The upgrades are not worth it to Me at all.

You spend tons of resources for what, to Sit and wait for the energy to refill five or ten minutes earlier than you would normally? Oooooooo.....I get to wait earlier......sweeeeet!

bowlfullofcherries
02-11-13, 02:21 AM
I agree with the method of quest-by-quest. I bought the Valentines cow and chicken, made four Valentine flowers and have two spires- I'm basically concentrating on the lovecupines as they're so rare. Collecting seedlings, too. And it didn't cost much by way of gems either, at least nothing I didn't earn w/fashion story and bubble seasons (may that game rot in the Pit of Despair).

OpeningCeremony
02-11-13, 11:58 AM
i actually think it's worth it to upgrade some of the buildings...i've finished doing the upgrading buildings quests. but i haven't upgraded every single building to level 5 yet. my strategy before and after the valentine's update was to churn out materials needed for the exploring dark caves adventure. so i am constantly running out of energy looking for mermaid scales, harvesting wheat, tending chicken eggs, and now trying to collect seedlings. i still collect from all my royal buildings and resource buildings every four hours, but i am considering not collecting from the spires/watchtowers for a bit to save up on energy. my stones and wood are also constantly low now.

so the buildings i think are worth to upgrade is: sparkling mine (seem to give more love stone/pink gem when upgraded), hatchery (i need so many eggs to make noodles), and sawmill (for love wood). i find it hard to get love wood from chopping trees, so it's a waste of energy to chop.

mamareader02
02-11-13, 12:11 PM
I wasn't worried about upgrading either-until I got the quest to upgrade theatre level 3,and then a library to level 5 because its part of finding a steed(hopefully alicorn) for thurston

jennraespu
02-11-13, 05:52 PM
i find it hard to get love wood from chopping trees, so it's a waste of energy to chop.

I chopped into 1 of my new pink trees and it ONLY gave pink wood. In case that's useful info for you...

bowlfullofcherries
02-11-13, 06:18 PM
The Crab Apple Tree usually gives me an average of three love wood. I caved and bought another sawmill and mine- I needed too many resources to have just the one of each. Sawmill usually gives me five.

I withdraw my previous quest-by-quest statement. I'm all over the place, but methodically so.