PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading buildings - Info and Bugs

lilllyjacck
02-07-13, 12:14 AM
I only realised now that you can upgrade buildings such as theatre, observatory, markets etc.

Was this always the case and I was just too silly to notice. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Confused!

Edit: Some people are having issues upgrading or building buildings. In these cases the requirements are showing coins instead of th item. Make sure that you're playing on the valentine version to avoid this.

You can also force close and restart your game to see the correct requirements.

Make sure you update to version 1.1.5 as the coin display issue has been fixed.

opanugie
02-07-13, 12:19 AM
yes, i just realised that too today

lilllyjacck
02-07-13, 12:19 AM
Never mind! Just saw the updates now. :)

lilllyjacck
02-07-13, 12:20 AM
Pretty cool because I was starting to get bored!

Dreamer691
02-07-13, 12:43 AM
I got this update before while collecting from my buildings. Couldn't figure out what was going on at first lol!
But so excited that there's something new to do in this game yay!

trendy4u
02-07-13, 01:17 AM
Anyone upgrade the sparkling mine?

obama_papa
02-07-13, 03:13 AM
It says "to upgrade a building, tap on it and hit the green "Gather Materials" button....."

But i couldn't find any green button , any hint ?

maguar
02-07-13, 03:14 AM
Try force closing then restarting your game.

obama_papa
02-07-13, 03:15 AM
Visually can't tell whether the building has been upgraded or not ....

sillaatje89
02-07-13, 03:16 AM
How can i update an marketing , farm , cottage ? Its for a quest . Thnx

maguar
02-07-13, 03:32 AM
Click on the building. At the bottom of your screen there should be a green "Gather Material" button. If you don't see the button force close and restart your game.

wiggles2288
02-07-13, 05:40 AM
I got the goal to upgrade some buildings. The first one was to upgrade my stable and hatchery. I upgraded my stable. It's not counting towards the goal and I've already tried force closing.

wiggles2288
02-07-13, 05:42 AM
Nevermind. I think I need to upgrade more than once?

maguar
02-07-13, 05:42 AM
The goals are for specific buildings: farm and cottage

obama_papa
02-07-13, 07:52 AM
Hi,
I have all the required materials ready for the Market upgrade.

But the "Build" button is greyed-out, with only the option to "Buy All 48 gems" to choose.

Is this a software bug ?

kooky panda
02-07-13, 11:06 AM
Hi,
I have all the required materials ready for the Market upgrade.

But the "Build" button is greyed-out, with only the option to "Buy All 48 gems" to choose.
Try restarting your device.
Also go through and make sure you do have all the items. I had the same issue, then I looked and I was missing one item.
If still issues can you post a picture of this.

stormque
02-07-13, 02:06 PM
I have the same problem. I don't see any green button to gather material. How do you "force close"? Thanks!;-)

kooky panda
02-07-13, 02:13 PM
I have the same problem. I don't see any green button to gather material. How do you "force close"? Thanks!;-)

If you have an older apple device, you may just have to restart your device.

To force close you games, means you are closing out the game from running in the background.
On iphone, ipad, etc. ( you are not deleting the game and redownloading it)

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out. When you have app run in the background, it takes memory and slows up the games.

PikaSquirrel
02-07-13, 03:48 PM
I checked a few of your accounts and the upgrade feature seems to be working fine.

As Kooky Panda mentioned above, please restart your device, force close, and also uninstall and reinstall the game first.
Please let us know if anyone else is having trouble upgrading. Please send us a screenshot as well, thanks.

maeteke
02-07-13, 05:47 PM
I dont find the green 'Gather materials' button either? I do see the arrow on the building, but when i tap it, nothing happens... Can anybody help me please? Thanx

midnightmeerkat
02-07-13, 07:58 PM
I dont find the green 'Gather materials' button either? I do see the arrow on the building, but when i tap it, nothing happens... Can anybody help me please? Thanx

Have you done all the things above? To upgrade a building I had to close the game down and start it up again then everything was fine.

vednir
02-07-13, 10:19 PM
Upgrading buildings causes their collection timer to reset. I don't know if this was an oversight or intentional. Regardless, it's aggravating and if intentional just a cheap way to slow down game play.

jamalo
02-08-13, 05:59 AM
I am curious what is needed for all buildings to upgrade but especially the resource buildings like sawmill and mines. Does someone know this? I am at level 2 and 3 and 4 now. To upgrade sawmill from 2 to 3 you need 6FBeam, 6FBlock, 20 Water and 35k, from 3 to 4 you need 8FBeam,8 Fancy block, 40 Ironore and 65k. The minde from 2 to 3 is 5 wooden beam and stone block, 5 Wisp Lantern and 30k, from 3 to 4 i dont know anymore but from 4 to 5 you need 5 Fancy Beam and Block, 3 Golden nuggets and 120k cash. Would love to hear more info on this upgrading requirements and what the max level for upgrading is. Hopefully Maguar can list this in the upcoming reference guide ;-)

jamalo
02-08-13, 06:02 AM
I also got the feeling that it produces more after upgrading... anyone else got that idea too or is that just coincidence?

laVirtualCloset
02-08-13, 12:20 PM
Upgrading buildings causes their collection timer to reset. I don't know if this was an oversight or intentional. Regardless, it's aggravating and if intentional just a cheap way to slow down game play.

I didn't know that either. I upgraded a building when I was close to the collection time. Was bum'ed to see it restart.

maguar
02-08-13, 04:46 PM
I am curious what is needed for all buildings to upgrade but especially the resource buildings like sawmill and mines. Does someone know this? I am at level 2 and 3 and 4 now. To upgrade sawmill from 2 to 3 you need 6FBeam, 6FBlock, 20 Water and 35k, from 3 to 4 you need 8FBeam,8 Fancy block, 40 Ironore and 65k. The minde from 2 to 3 is 5 wooden beam and stone block, 5 Wisp Lantern and 30k, from 3 to 4 i dont know anymore but from 4 to 5 you need 5 Fancy Beam and Block, 3 Golden nuggets and 120k cash. Would love to hear more info on this upgrading requirements and what the max level for upgrading is. Hopefully Maguar can list this in the upcoming reference guide ;-)

Thanks so much for the info. I'm working on the guide as I speak :)

badger8
02-08-13, 04:53 PM
the mine from level 3 to 4 is 3 fancy beams, 3 fancy blocks, 1 gold nugget and $75000.

jamalo
02-09-13, 12:08 AM
Thanks so much for the info. I'm working on the guide as I speak :)
Great start on the upgrade sheet! Think i can fill in a few blanks later today, i am planning to do some more upgrades in few hours.. Can i invite you as neighbour so i can put it on your wall? Hope you still have room to accept me if not no worries en thanks very much for all your help in the game! My game name is marv's kingdom...

jennraespu
02-09-13, 12:29 AM
Really? 18 minutes left to collect on my Sparkling Mine. Upgraded it and it RESET the clock. C'mon!!
No one thought it would be worthwhile to include that footnote with the materials list in the game? That is my one & only complaint about the update.
"HundredAcreWood"

maguar
02-09-13, 01:58 AM
Great start on the upgrade sheet! Think i can fill in a few blanks later today, i am planning to do some more upgrades in few hours.. Can i invite you as neighbour so i can put it on your wall? Hope you still have room to accept me if not no worries en thanks very much for all your help in the game! My game name is marv's kingdom...

Sorry I'm not accepting new neighbours at the moment as I can't get around to all my neighbours. Send me an invite so you can post a message on my wall. I'll visit and post on your wall so you've got a link back to me. I'll then decline your invite.

jamalo
02-09-13, 03:07 AM
Got 3 more for your sheet : Cottage 2-3 : 3 stoneblock, 3 wood beam, 5 Fur. Hatchery 3-4 : 5 Fancy Beam, 5 Fancy Block, 1 Golden Egg, 65k Coins. Stable 2-3 : 4 Fancy Block, 4 Fancy Beam, 50 Wheat, 45k Coins.

badger8
02-09-13, 06:28 AM
I didn't see this info:
sawmill from level 3-4 is 8 fancy beams, 8 fancy blocks, 40 iron ore and $65000

mike2506
02-09-13, 08:12 PM
I don't have the button either. Only the yellow collect arrow. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but nothing happened. I did the forced close but there although nothing happened. I'm so sorry to bother you, but I really like this game.

mike2506
02-09-13, 08:14 PM
Found it!!!!

maguar
02-09-13, 08:16 PM
Glad you found it

RuthieHallam
02-11-13, 12:18 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhallam/8465042747/

I have restarted device twice

maguar
02-11-13, 01:04 PM
Have you tried force closing the game? Are you on the valentine version?

RuthieHallam
02-11-13, 01:09 PM
No - the original version. How do I force close the game ?

maguar
02-11-13, 01:25 PM
From post 18

If you have an older apple device, you may just have to restart your device.

To force close you games, means you are closing out the game from running in the background.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out. When you have app run in the background, it takes memory and slows up the games.

keywal
02-12-13, 11:00 AM
From post 18

Sorry but i have tried this an still it is not working.

Some of the buildings i need to upgrade say things like, 3/3 coins, complete. Which sounds very low to be fair so something is seriously wrong

keywal
02-12-13, 11:02 AM
Proof...

maguar
02-12-13, 01:07 PM
Sorry but i have tried this an still it is not working.

Some of the buildings i need to upgrade say things like, 3/3 coins, complete. Which sounds very low to be fair so something is seriously wrong

This has been reported. Thanks for posting the pic.

In order to upgrade that tavern you'll need two fancy block.

thomsk
02-12-13, 02:33 PM
Hi I'm having trouble upgrading also, I have about 5 buildings which won't upgrade. I've tried all the suggestions but no luck...I would post a screen shot but I don't know how

keywal
02-12-13, 02:48 PM
Its working now, thank you :)

keywal
02-12-13, 11:16 PM
What have you done to my game??????

Im now finding love wood and soft squishy stone and being asked to build the love shack???? And i still have the old installation???????

I dont believe that you have moved me to the valentines day server or game stream to fix the above issue???

This is a disgrace!!! Fix it now! I did not want to particpate in the valentines update! Especially without me saying so!!!! :(

Triple_K
02-13-13, 01:02 PM
does anyone know if by upgrading mines it will start to give wisp lanterns also? Thanks...

thomsk
02-13-13, 01:42 PM
Still no luck after restarting iPad and the app

maguar
02-13-13, 01:45 PM
Still no luck after restarting iPad and the app

You need 2 more wood beams for that one

thomsk
02-13-13, 01:51 PM
Sorry wrong image..

JJ9684Tink
02-14-13, 07:41 AM
I'm having the same problem with love spire. Please let me know how I post from ipad pic to prove it and I will do so!

JJ9684Tink
02-14-13, 07:50 AM
I'm having the same problem with love spire. Please let me know how I post from ipad pic to prove it and I will do so!

Also same prob with upgrading market to level 3. Have uninstalled and re done but no difference!

maguar
02-14-13, 09:54 AM
Check this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38891-How-to-Post-a-Picture) on how to post a picture.

princessbones
02-16-13, 02:47 PM
I have all materials but it won't upgrade!! Help?

maguar
02-16-13, 02:56 PM
Have you tried force closing and restarting your game?

eveill8989
02-17-13, 10:24 AM
I don't have the build button but all the materials are there I double checked my inventory but It won't let me build spire of love level 2

thomsk
02-18-13, 01:57 PM
hi I'm still having problems upgrading my tavern, I have restarted numerous times and still no luck

PikaSquirrel
02-18-13, 02:11 PM
For everyone having the issue getting the "Build" button even after seeing "Complete" for all four requirements, do you see "Coins" as one of your requirements? If you do, please force close the game, uninstall and reinstall the game, and restart your device.

If you still see the requirements for "Coins" or do not see the "Build" button, please send us a screenshot and make sure to include which building and for which level it is towards. Thank you.

PikaSquirrel
02-18-13, 05:25 PM
Please make sure you are using the Valentine's Day version of the game. Thanks.

vednir
02-22-13, 09:37 AM
Does it seem like the cost of upgrading the sawmill is disproportionately high compared to the other resource buildings? From level 3 to 4 it required 8 fancy beams/blocks and for 4 to 5 it is asking for 10 royal beams/blocks.

tuskita
02-27-13, 06:40 PM
Please see attached pic! It says that the parts are completed but it won't let me build!!😡

kooky panda
02-27-13, 06:53 PM
This is a glitch on the regular game. You will need to download castle Valentine game to do the building upgrades.

It is showing you need coins on this version, but that is the glitch.

Alegolas
03-03-13, 02:35 PM
What are the materials needed to upgrade the library to level 3? Mine is showing 25 coins, but it seems a bug. What are the actual materials needed?
Thanks

kooky panda
03-03-13, 03:36 PM
Library from Lv. 4 to Lv. 5 increases income to $672 and royal points to 108. Materials needed:
3 Royal Beam
3 Royal Block
3 Enchanter's Essence
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide&p=552591&viewfull=1#post552591

If you are seeing coins as an option. This is a glitch in the regular game.
Make sure you are playing on the valentine game or you will not be able to upgrade.

stormtasia
03-04-13, 01:54 PM
I've collect all the stuff for the upgrades of buildings but the build button is greyed out. This appears to be the case with Ivy's hut also, which has taken me ages to collect. How can I fix this? Does anyone know? Problem arose after the valentine upgrade.

kooky panda
03-04-13, 02:52 PM
I've collect all the stuff for the upgrades of buildings but the build button is greyed out. This appears to be the case with Ivy's hut also, which has taken me ages to collect. How can I fix this? Does anyone know? Problem arose after the valentine upgrade.
Make sure you are playing on the valentine game not the regular castle game.

stormtasia
03-07-13, 06:12 AM
Ever since the valentine upgrade I've been having issues with castle story. I've all the items required to upgrade buildings but the build button is greyed out. I've managed to upgrade one market and one tower but it won't let me for anything else. Also finally managed to get all the stuff for Ivy's hut and it won't build that either.

I've tried closing it down and force shut down on my ipad, but still won't work.

Any ideas on what I can do?
Cheers

stormtasia
03-07-13, 06:16 AM
There are loads of pink things so I think it is. How do a check that further?

Triple_K
03-07-13, 08:18 AM
Can someone pls tell me the requirements for level 3 theater upgrade? Thanks.

lotuskat
03-07-13, 09:14 AM
Can someone pls tell me the requirements for level 3 theater upgrade? Thanks.

1 Faerie Jar
2 Enchanted Blocks
25 Glimmer Dust
2 Enchanted Beam

You can find all upgrade requirements here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE#gid=42).

Triple_K
03-07-13, 09:32 AM
1 Faerie Jar
2 Enchanted Blocks
25 Glimmer Dust
2 Enchanted Beam

You can find all upgrade requirements here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE#gid=42).

Thank you for the info �� I was wondering bcuz i was thinking if I should skip for 25 jewels which I think is better bcuz rite now mermaid scales are rare, even glimmerdust too. So 25 jewels seem like a small price to pay to skip that goal.

brandonu
03-07-13, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the info ; I was wondering bcuz i was thinking if I should skip for 25 jewels which I think is better bcuz rite now mermaid scales are rare, even glimmerdust too. So 25 jewels seem like a small price to pay to skip that goal.

25 jewels or 25 GEMS?

Triple_K
03-07-13, 10:40 AM
25 jewels or 25 GEMS?

Sorry, 25 gems

Grandmaishome
04-09-13, 08:42 PM
What is the answer to the greed out upgrade button? I have the Valentine version. Thanks

Grandmaishome
04-09-13, 08:46 PM
That should read greyed out

Grandmaishome
04-09-13, 08:48 PM
Also, is there a way to get Gems without buying them? Such a rip off.

jtm101
04-09-13, 10:42 PM
There are plenty of ways to get gems in this game (far more than other games)

Installling 3rd party games through goals (30 + 15 for subsequent lvls achieved), other in game goals (2-5?), adventures (common 1-10?), sir piggy (5 rare drop), purple cow (1 rare drop)

maguar
04-10-13, 01:37 AM
What is the answer to the greed out upgrade button? I have the Valentine version. Thanks

If you see a small number if coins it's a display issue.force close the game and restart it.

scrapsbasket
04-14-13, 12:45 AM
Hi all, I still cannot upgrade my library to level 2, build Ivy's hut or upgrade a tower from level 2 to 3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have the valentine's version and I am at a loss of what to try next. Any other tricks to try?

wassupbaby
04-14-13, 01:33 AM
Try original version , it has latest update.

Dwestby
04-14-13, 05:59 AM
I'm having the same problem, I can't upgrade my buildings even tho I have obtained everything requested. What should I do?

kooky panda
04-14-13, 09:19 AM
Hi all, I still cannot upgrade my library to level 2, build Ivy's hut or upgrade a tower from level 2 to 3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have the valentine's version and I am at a loss of what to try next. Any other tricks to try?

I'm having the same problem, I can't upgrade my buildings even tho I have obtained everything requested. What should I do?
Try force closing out your game then come back to see if you can upgrade.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out.

Sonflower77
04-21-13, 06:42 AM
Hi, I just realized why can't upgrade my Theater.
Previously, I had completed the items requested but the "build" button was not clickable. As suggested, I forced closed Castle Story and restarted. Now, the last item needed has changed from just a few coins, to 40 Fur. Drat!!!

sobieski77
04-21-13, 03:55 PM
Yes I upgraded the sparkling mine and it only took about 10 mins off the time. Hardly worth it.

vchanhs
04-21-13, 05:54 PM
Yes I upgraded the sparkling mine and it only took about 10 mins off the time. Hardly worth it.

It's 12 mins per upgrade for a total of 48mins reduction at level 5. You will get 1 extra collection in a day.

Sonflower77
04-22-13, 03:34 AM
Hi, I just realized why can't upgrade my Theater.
Previously, I had completed the items requested but the "build" button was not clickable. As suggested, I forced closed Castle Story and restarted. Now, the last item needed has changed from just a few coins, to 40 Fur. Drat!!!

This morning, the Theatre was again showing coins were needed (not Fur) and all requested items were completed, but I remained unable to click "upgrade." Forcibly closing CastleStory fixes the glitch, returning the requested item from Coins to Fur................... However, I have seen the switch back to requesting coins (instead of Fur) several times now.

maguar
04-22-13, 03:46 AM
This morning, the Theatre was again showing coins were needed (not Fur) and all requested items were completed, but I remained unable to click "upgrade." Forcibly closing CastleStory fixes the glitch, returning the requested item from Coins to Fur................... However, I have seen the switch back to requesting coins (instead of Fur) several times now.

It seems to switch when you look at an upgrade that does require coins. If you can avoid that it will help.

clowtec
04-26-13, 10:18 AM
Will not upgrade
Library at level 1 and Market Place at level 2. Can not upgrade after countless reboots and days. Pictures are of what buildings are as of now

maguar
04-26-13, 07:06 PM
Will not upgrade
Library at level 1 and Market Place at level 2. Can not upgrade after countless reboots and days. Pictures are of what buildings are as of now

If rebooting nots working for you, use this spread sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE) to see what the coin items are supposed to be.

clowtec
04-29-13, 07:37 AM
This occurrence seems to be resolved and now another building has a glitch. Ivy's house, my requirements will include coins and then another day it will change to glimmer dust. Will not allow me to build with coin requirement, so I can only assume you must need the glimmer dust. Haven't reached quota so will again at later date.

maguar
04-29-13, 03:13 PM
Ivy's does need Glimmerdust. You can check the spreadsheet in my previous post to confirm the requirements.

Raverne55
05-03-13, 09:44 PM
I've tried to close, minus button & restart & still no luck in building when all requirements have been fulfilled. I don't want to spend gems unnecessarily. What else is there for me to do! I'm on level 24, my id is Raverne55 & my kingdom is Lynnebloom. Any suggestions for solution would be great. Many thanks in advance

maguar
05-03-13, 10:19 PM
I've tried to close, minus button & restart & still no luck in building when all requirements have been fulfilled. I don't want to spend gems unnecessarily. What else is there for me to do! I'm on level 24, my id is Raverne55 & my kingdom is Lynnebloom. Any suggestions for solution would be great. Many thanks in advance

Have a look at this spread sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE) to see what the real requirements are.

Raverne55
05-04-13, 11:30 AM
I did not realize prior to deleting my valentine's edition that I would need it to upgrade buildings. I still cannot get the build portion to appear when all necessay criteria have been reached to build. What do u suggest I do now? Does this cause a special issue?! That would indeed be my luck. Thanks for your help!

vchanhs
05-04-13, 04:41 PM
Which building are you trying to upgrade?

maguar
05-04-13, 05:01 PM
I did not realize prior to deleting my valentine's edition that I would need it to upgrade buildings. I still cannot get the build portion to appear when all necessay criteria have been reached to build. What do u suggest I do now? Does this cause a special issue?! That would indeed be my luck. Thanks for your help!

You can always download the valentine version again from the purchased section of the App Store.

Raverne55
05-05-13, 10:34 AM
I'm trying to upgrade from levels 2-3 in both the windmill & observatory. I'm not finding the valentine edition in purchased ap in ap store because it was free. I'm not terribly literate w/the iPhone and I cannot find purchased ap any how! So, I thank you for your help to this point & still ask for more! What do I do a out this? I do enjoy the game & I don't wish to use gems unnecessarily. Thank you still!!

kooky panda
05-05-13, 10:53 AM
I'm trying to upgrade from levels 2-3 in both the windmill & observatory. I'm not finding the valentine edition in purchased ap in ap store because it was free. I'm not terribly literate w/the iPhone and I cannot find purchased ap any how! So, I thank you for your help to this point & still ask for more! What do I do a out this? I do enjoy the game & I don't wish to use gems unnecessarily. Thank you still!!

If you had ever downloaded the valentine version, go to itunes under updates and click purchase history. You can scroll down and
find the Valentine game and redownload it.

Raverne55
05-05-13, 11:22 AM
Thank you, thank you Kooky Panda & to all who have helped me! It seems to have been the key w/reloading from aps& purchased section. Woo hoo!! Now, would it be recommended to keep the valentine edition & delete the "regular" version? What is the purpose for having both? Are the "adventures" different? To be completely honest, I just couldn't stand all the pinkness of the valentine edition!! I surely keep it to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. What are the masters of the game suggesting. Honestly I play to play & I have no agenda!! It's just fun. Many many thanks...

vchanhs
05-05-13, 05:03 PM
Just play the regular version if you can't stand the pink. I play on both depending on my mood. So far it's the same. It may change in future. Who knows.

kooky panda
05-05-13, 06:18 PM
You can play either version. Items, adventures, etc are the same in both games.

catcrack
05-05-13, 08:53 PM
There's something buggy with the game, went to upgage a Cathedral from lvl4 to 5 and there were 10 coins instead of the blue bottles. I did have a build button, so I used it and it took the 10 blue bottles from my inventory instead of the listed 10 coins.

Gardienn
05-05-13, 09:14 PM
Ditto that on upgrading theaters. I tried to upgrade to level two and it showed 5 coins instead of the required 40 furs. I much preferred the coins, but it wouldn't work. :( It only corrected after I closed the regular edition, opened the Valentine Edition, and checked the requirement so I knew what I needed. After I closed it and went back to the regular edition, all the right requirements showed up.

maguar
05-05-13, 11:57 PM
There's something buggy with the game, went to upgage a Cathedral from lvl4 to 5 and there were 10 coins instead of the blue bottles. I did have a build button, so I used it and it took the 10 blue bottles from my inventory instead of the listed 10 coins.

The buggy bit was where it showed 10 coins. It took the 10 enchanters essence which was the correct requirement

catcrack
05-06-13, 05:54 AM
The buggy bit was where it showed 10 coins. It took the 10 enchanters essence which was the correct requirementRight, I had the build button because I did have the essence in stock, so I didn't have to do the SOP kludge of: force quit, delete, redownload & cross fingers. At least I knew beforehand what the correct supplies needed was.

(=^ェ^=)

blake0209
05-24-13, 03:35 PM
What do you mean by force close. I am playing on ipad

kooky panda
05-24-13, 03:41 PM
What do you mean by force close. I am playing on ipad

jackansi
05-27-13, 06:36 AM
And make sure the first building you try to upgrade after the force close is the one you want. If you view the requirements for any upgradable building that requires coins, you will see coins for any buildings you touch after that.. Simple bug with a simple fix but I have no idea why they don't, except they might be having trouble getting their apps through Apple because of the clamp down on "cookie cutter" apps like CS

CottageRose
05-27-13, 08:10 AM
Apple is starting reject updates to apps that still tie users to iDevice UUIDs.

jackansi
05-27-13, 08:14 AM
Ah yes... I never used them, thought that was always too creepy a thing to do as a developer...

queenofpolharcity
05-27-13, 12:04 PM
I'm having a problem taking my Royal Chateau from Level 3-4. At first it told me that I had all the 4 necessary requirements, which included a large amount of coins (30,000 sounds right, but I don't remember exactly). But the 'build' button was greyed out so I closed the game and came back.

Now the requirements have changed from the huge amount of coins (which it kept, by the way!) to 20 trade tickets!

Is this a computer glitch, and if so, which requirement is correct? And what about my coins? (I know that policy of not returning lost money, gems, etc...but c'mon...)

Help!

CottageRose
05-27-13, 01:44 PM
Well, I had thought the Royal Chateau originally needed more than 20 trade tickets... Hmmmm.

Oliver118
05-27-13, 11:21 PM
Well, I had thought the Royal Chateau originally needed more than 20 trade tickets... Hmmmm.

I think it required 50 Trade Tickets. I don't know, since now I don't really use my Royal Exchange, to be honest.

bbarra
05-28-13, 12:06 AM
I think it required 50 Trade Tickets. I don't know, since now I don't really use my Royal Exchange, to be honest.

Why don't you use it. I would think you would be anxious to get tinker camp. It can be a pain but in the long run its worth the effort.

queenofpolharcity
05-28-13, 12:28 PM
Why don't you use it. I would think you would be anxious to get tinker camp. It can be a pain but in the long run its worth the effort.

I'm probably to going to use it now that I've gotten my Tinker Camp. It's a total waste of time and energy resources. Tons of fruit trees, sugar, wheat to harvest then the sweet treats to make, and 8 hours to wait and you only receive 1 gem?

Wow. It's really not worth it, nor are the others. The energy required to harvest isn't worth a few gems, a few food items or a few bars of energy. The only way I might use it would be on the chance that I check it and have met some requirement without trying.

But I still haven't figured out what to do about my missing 30,000 coins, and the changed requirements for the update! This stuff happens all the time, and it's enough to make me nuts! I've upgraded the same Spires at least three times, only to go back and find no Fancy Beams or Blocks there at all! I thought the problem was something I was doing, so I didn't ask for help until now. I'm so dumb....

queenofpolharcity
05-28-13, 12:29 PM
That should say *not* going to use it. Proofreading is a good thing...

maz3girl
06-02-13, 10:17 AM
What can we do if forcing close and restarting doesn't fix the bugs?

Oliver118
06-02-13, 11:24 PM
If you have small amounts of coins for the upgrades you'll need to download the Valentine's edition. Maguar's also already mentioned that you shouldn't play both versions at the same time or you may have sync issues.

VixenInDisguise
06-03-13, 03:13 PM
How can i update an marketing , farm , cottage ? Its for a quest . Thnx
I'm trying to upgrade my conservatory and it says I need mysterious venom but I don't know how to get
It.
Can someone help me?

VixenInDisguise
06-03-13, 03:15 PM
Can someone tell me how to make mysterious venom? I can't figure it out!

tipsister
06-03-13, 03:24 PM
I don't think you can make mysterious venom. I got one from the Troll King (I think) and I've gotten a couple from the Manticore.

Oliver118
06-03-13, 11:32 PM
I'm trying to upgrade my conservatory and it says I need mysterious venom but I don't know how to get
It.
Can someone help me?

It's a rare drop from the Manticore and/or Magic Garden.

TonyaT0404
06-08-13, 08:36 AM
How do you upgrade to the valentine version I can't find it!

Oliver118
06-16-13, 01:00 AM
It's not in the App store anymore. You'll have to stick to the original version.

rene2222
06-16-13, 06:52 PM
I wanted to upgrade some of my buildings, but it doesn't allow me to do so. Although I have all the parts needed, the word 'build' isn't highlighted. And I for sure do not want to use gem to 'buy all'. Can any one please advise...Thank you.

Oliver118
06-16-13, 10:58 PM
You should switch to the Valentine version (if you've got it, because otherwise you can't download it again as it's not in the App store)

maguar
06-17-13, 02:44 AM
I wanted to upgrade some of my buildings, but it doesn't allow me to do so. Although I have all the parts needed, the word 'build' isn't highlighted. And I for sure do not want to use gem to 'buy all'. Can any one please advise...Thank you.

I think you're seeing a small amount of coins as one of the requirements. This is a display issue. If you force/hard close your game and restart it you'll see the correct items.

rene2222
06-17-13, 08:47 PM
I think you're seeing a small amount of coins as one of the requirements. This is a display issue. If you force/hard close your game and restart it you'll see the correct items.

Thanks Maguar. I don't think it is a display issue. I ON it again today and is still not able to 'build'. oh, perhaps I try uninstalling and reinstall the game to see what happen next.

Oliver118
06-17-13, 10:04 PM
Thanks Maguar. I don't think it is a display issue. I ON it again today and is still not able to 'build'. oh, perhaps I try uninstalling and reinstall the game to see what happen next.

Usually it's best to switch to the Valentine version when that happens.

alexander7696
06-18-13, 06:04 AM
My issue is that I can't build any royal buildings anymore, I have 5500 royal points and 60000 xp. I have been trying the build a jeweler build when I try to build it the error of " your at your limit" level up to build this building pops up... I can't level up any more, I'm level 30.

I thought that was the only issue but I can build any royal building because if the same issue.

Need some help here

Hard reboot doesnt work either

kooky panda
06-18-13, 08:17 AM
My issue is that I can't build any royal buildings anymore, I have 5500 royal points and 60000 xp. I have been trying the build a jeweler build when I try to build it the error of " your at your limit" level up to build this building pops up... I can't level up any more, I'm level 30.

I thought that was the only issue but I can build any royal building because if the same issue.

Need some help here

Hard reboot doesnt work either

You will need to sell current royal buildings(not just store) to be able to build more.

Lilipipi
06-18-13, 11:27 AM
Or wait until TL releases a proper upgrade with increased building cap, level up, and more expansions. I'm tired of selling buildings to get another building. The limit completely does not make sense to me. Just put a limit on how many can be put out, so we can switch around and have fun! What's wrong with that? :p

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:49 AM
You will need to sell current royal buildings(not just store) to be able to build more.

That's a bit unfair! At least you earn coins from selling! TL, you need to increase the Royal building limit!

Raisse
06-20-13, 10:06 PM
Hello I am currently facing an obstacle in upgrading my Royal Chateau.I have all the necessary ingredients but the "Build" option is not available to upgrade it. I'll appreciate it very much if a game moderator can help me to look into this problem. It's a great game and I'm hoping to continue enjoying it. Thank you. My Storm8 ID is Raisse.

Lilipipi
06-20-13, 10:39 PM
Hello I am currently facing an obstacle in upgrading my Royal Chateau.I have all the necessary ingredients but the "Build" option is not available to upgrade it. I'll appreciate it very much if a game moderator can help me to look into this problem. It's a great game and I'm hoping to continue enjoying it. Thank you. My Storm8 ID is Raisse.

Sometimes coins appear in place of other required materials that you don't have yet. Try force closing and restarting.

Oliver118
06-20-13, 10:43 PM
You're better off with the VDay version when that happens, Raisse.

Skies4
06-21-13, 08:29 AM
What should I do if force closing doesn't work? I am trying to build my conservatory and one of the items shows 6 coins which I know is incorrect. I force closed my i-pad, opened back up, and it is the same.

Skies4
06-21-13, 08:54 AM
What should I do if force closing doesn't work? I am trying to build my conservatory and one of the items shows 6 coins which I know is incorrect. I force closed my i-pad, opened back up, and it is the same.

I force closed a 2nd time, waited a little longer before restarting and it works now!!

MiniLaura
06-21-13, 11:17 AM

For most buildings, you can check the Reference Guide that Maguar made. The link for the guide can be found in this thread.
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide)If you have the right number of whatever the mystery material is, the build button will be active.

Lilipipi
06-21-13, 03:48 PM
I force closed a 2nd time, waited a little longer before restarting and it works now!!

The bug might come back though. When it happens just remember to force close and restart. My bug keeps coming back. :p

maguar
06-21-13, 05:07 PM
The bug might come back though. When it happens just remember to force close and restart. My bug keeps coming back. :p

It tends to come back when you check the building or upgrade requirements for a building that really does require coins (eg thousands) and then look at one that doesn't require coins.

Oliver118
06-22-13, 01:11 AM
It tends to come back when you check the building or upgrade requirements for a building that really does require coins (eg thousands) and then look at one that doesn't require coins.

Hmm..good point, Maguar!

BriarAvenue
06-22-13, 10:56 AM
That's a bit unfair! At least you earn coins from selling! TL, you need to increase the Royal building limit!

Exactly! We worked so hard to reach lvl 30, only to find out we're limiting ourselves to build more?
I am not interested to add more buildings, but to create a maze structure in the castle area.
But the system tells me I need to increase my level. What level is there for me to increase pls?
Do they mean XP points when we reach lvl 30?

BriarAvenue
06-22-13, 10:59 AM
I mean creating maze structure with topiary walls. That will look great, but can't do with this limitation thing!

arale_norimaki
06-22-13, 11:06 AM
Exactly! We worked so hard to reach lvl 30, only to find out we're limiting ourselves to build more?
I am not interested to add more buildings, but to create a maze structure in the castle area.
But the system tells me I need to increase my level. What level is there for me to increase pls?
Do they mean XP points when we reach lvl 30?

That's the default message you get no matter what level you are at. We can only wait for an update that adds levels and increases the number of walls and buildings you can have

rene2222
06-24-13, 08:14 PM
Thank you so much Maguar and Oliver118, for the info. I was able to upgrade my buildings after switching to Valentines version. I am working hard on the upgrading now. :D

toyotatime
06-25-13, 10:05 AM
How do you force close the game?

toyotatime
06-25-13, 10:06 AM
Also how do you get the valentine edition?

lotuskat
06-25-13, 10:20 AM
How do you force close the game?

Check out Apple's "How To" on forcing apps to close: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

kooky panda
06-25-13, 11:02 AM
Check out Kooky's How to force close out ... LOL

Queenzod
06-25-13, 11:52 AM
Actually, once you hit the home button twice and your icons show at the bottom, you need to touch and hold on one of them to get the red minus signs to show up. Then you can close them out. This is a good thing to do regularly anyway to keep your device running nicely. :)

clarontinalisa
06-26-13, 11:51 PM
I have just noticed the deep mine can now be upgraded starting with ornate block, ornate beam, architects paste all x2 and money of 100,000

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 01:27 AM
Here are the requirements:

Level 1->2
2 Ornate Block
2 Ornate Beam
2 Architect's Paste
100,000 coins
Collection time 9 hours 30 minutes

Level 2->3
3 Ornate Block
2 Magic Cement
10 Mithril
3 Ornate Beam
Collection time 9 hours

Level 3->4
4 Ornate Block
3 Magic Cement
4 Ornate Beam
250,000 coins
Collection time 8 hours 30 minutes

Level 4->5
5 Ornate Block
5 Ornate Beam
4 Magic Cement
2 Adamant
Collection time 8 hours

lotuskat
06-27-13, 05:28 AM
That's a lot of mithril and adamant!

catcrack
06-27-13, 08:51 AM
That's a lot of mithril and adamant!
Hopefully you've been crafting Mithril with you magic forge, I just gifted an adamant to a neighbor。

(=^ェ^=)

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 09:59 AM
Hopefully you've been crafting Mithril with you magic forge, I just gifted an adamant to a neighbor。

(=^ェ^=)

How? I don't have either one in my gifting list

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 10:12 AM

Once you hit level 4 with your deep mine, if you don't have 2 adamant in your inventory you can request them.

My level 3 mine that I was about to update to 4 (after collection) just dropped 1 adamant, so I can not request it!

Catcrack, do you know if this is like glimmerdust, red petals or wheat back in the time, when you could get up to 20 from your neighbors per day and the extra items would just go to the inventory?

catcrack
06-27-13, 10:14 AM
Once you upgrade a Deep Mine to Lv 4、you can request Adamant as a gift from your neighbors。Mithril will need to be forged through The Magic Forge。

catcrack
06-27-13, 10:16 AM
Catcrack, do you know if this is like glimmerdust, red petals or wheat back in the time, when you could get up to 20 from your neighbors per day and the extra items would just go to the inventory?
Not sure at this time、it would be nice if the extras go into inventory。

(=^ェ^=)

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 10:18 AM
Once you hit level 4 with your deep mine, if you don't have 2 adamant in your inventory you can request them.

My level 3 mine that I was about to update to 4 (after collection) just dropped 1 adamant, so I can not request it!

Oh, ok, only at a level 3. What if you have two mines can you make request for both or only the one?

Hopefully no one notices that question and fixes any glitches like red petals.

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 10:30 AM
I don't think it is a glitch, they removed the option to request red petals shortly before Valentine's day. I don't see how we could ever manage to get to level 5 without this. I mean, what are the chances of adamant drop?

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 10:43 AM
For me it's one in six months:( so I'm with you on this. I did notice that several of my nbrs got their first adamant yesterday and today. Maybe they increased the drop rate? Not that it matters to me as the "luck" drops in this game hate me. I'd much prefer a more guaranteed method, even if it takes time and supplies.

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 10:54 AM
I was just thinking the same thing, the drop rate has been slightly increased for sure. All I know for sure is I am hurrying to ugdrade my second deep mine asaigtm*, just in case you are right about the glitch.

*asaigtm: as soon as I get ten mithril (so not so soon, lol!)

PikaSquirrel
06-27-13, 03:30 PM
This was not intentional and the Adamant should not have been able to be requested. We have fixed this, thanks.

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 03:35 PM
This was not intentional and the Adamant should not have been able to be requested. We have fixed this, thanks.

Ohh :(
Will we be able to craft it then?

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 03:42 PM
That's what I was afraid of. They're ALWAYS watching...:cool::(

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 03:46 PM
Tell me about it :'(

sdwombat
06-27-13, 04:55 PM
Don't blame yourself on this. Frankly, just ONCE, I would like to see an update roll out WITHOUT a glitch in it. Because one of the problems is, that a few lucky players benefit, post the info for the rest of us, and THEN we find out OOPS! Our mistake. I am envious of those lucky players (yes, Momoville, I mean you:o) but very tired of this. Deep mine, anyone? And a glitch can be the ONLY explanation in my mind why some have already earned the Adventurer's badge if they didn't skip with gems, or gem through a bunch of adventures, because that one is a pretty level playing field.

Lilipipi
06-27-13, 06:12 PM

Didn't have to fix it so quick. :p It was a good one. I was starting to think maybe the developers are not as stingy as once thought... but then taking it away again.. well back to my prejudice again... sigh..

vchanhs
06-27-13, 06:36 PM

So now adamant drop from deep mines? Mithril is not an issue as my deep mines do produce them once in a while, just need to be patient. But adamant is a completely different story. My Sir Piggy don't know how to recognise adamant....lol...

Oliver118
06-27-13, 10:05 PM
For me it's one in six months:( so I'm with you on this. I did notice that several of my nbrs got their first adamant yesterday and today. Maybe they increased the drop rate? Not that it matters to me as the "luck" drops in this game hate me. I'd much prefer a more guaranteed method, even if it takes time and supplies.

Don't worry, I've only ever got 8 Prime Cuts in my time playing Castle story (level 17) and they have all been spent on my Feed the Baron goals. I've only ever got 10 Truffles in my time playing Castle story and all of them-spent on the Feed the Baron goal:(

catcrack
06-27-13, 10:36 PM

The building upgrade bug is back. Upgrading a Deep Mine from Lv2->Lv3 is showing the following materials needed:

http://imghst.gpsfiledepot.com/1372397688.jpg

Any chance this will get worked on?

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 01:53 AM
Don't blame yourself on this. Frankly, just ONCE, I would like to see an update roll out WITHOUT a glitch in it. Because one of the problems is, that a few lucky players benefit, post the info for the rest of us, and THEN we find out OOPS! Our mistake. I am envious of those lucky players (yes, Momoville, I mean you:o) but very tired of this. Deep mine, anyone? And a glitch can be the ONLY explanation in my mind why some have already earned the Adventurer's badge if they didn't skip with gems, or gem through a bunch of adventures, because that one is a pretty level playing field.

sdwombat, <3 <3, thanks a lot!
You are right about the updates glitches benefiting only some players, this is most unfair! And I say this even if I have benefited from some of those glitches myself. TL should get some beta-testers that aren't real players to avoid these things :(

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 02:00 AM
The building upgrade bug is back. Upgrading a Deep Mine from Lv2->Lv3 is showing the following materials needed:

[...]

I confirm:

Level 2

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/27f253d47c210aee52ff49069a5b32f1_zps8def27ff.jpg

Level 4

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/99b61cd1f31dff4f2de5b446280721fa_zps671ba6bc.jpg

Fixing this glitch would avoid lots of misunderstandings and reduce frustration, thank you in advance :)

maguar
06-28-13, 02:32 AM
I think the building/upgrade display issue might require a version update to fix

brendabmw
06-29-13, 05:54 PM
My Magic Forge doesn't have an option to make mithril. I understand other players have this option. I force closed and am on valentine edition.

MiniLaura
06-29-13, 06:08 PM
My Magic Forge doesn't have an option to make mithril. I understand other players have this option. I force closed and am on valentine edition.
To craft mithril, you have to have found the fourth shard from the Tablet. See info here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard).

Oliver118
06-30-13, 11:06 PM

http://imghst.gpsfiledepot.com/1372397688.jpg

That's a bug:p

michikobudz
07-02-13, 03:27 PM
That's a bug:p

I'm also experiencing the "building bug" for all of my upgrades. :s

amosgreen
07-04-13, 05:11 AM
I have the same bug for upgrading the love spire to level 3 and also for building a new building which I have had waiting to be built for so long now, I can't even remember what it is.

Additionally, in the exchange I'm trying to carry out the trapper trade for a box of fancy goods and it says I need one red fur to complete yet I have got an additional 5 and every time it says I am still one short.

Forcing restart does nothing. I see everyone posting on here but nobody is actually speaking up from Team Lava about if and when this will be resolved. Acknowledgement would be nice otherwise how do we even know if this problem is being dealt with. Definitely discouraging putting the time in if we can't get 100% results from our efforts.

amosgreen
07-04-13, 05:13 AM
I think the building/upgrade display issue might require a version update to fix

And do the creators actually read this forum to know about the bug? And how long does it usually take for them to create a fix?

MiniLaura
07-04-13, 03:58 PM
TeamLava is aware of the problem. They have not given us a time table for the fix.

The Valentine's version of the game always shows the correct requirements, so you can use that game to see what they are. If you have deleted the Valentine's version from your device, you can redownload it from the App Store (look in the purchased tab).

if you started playing after the Valentine's version was removed from the App Store, and force closing the game does not solve the problem, you can check the requirements for most building in the spreadsheet linked in this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide).

Oliver118
07-04-13, 11:02 PM
I still play on Valentine version because of that.

bbarra
07-07-13, 04:31 AM
I've upgraded to level 5

1Murphy1
07-07-13, 06:35 AM
When you have the requirement to upgrade. Check to see if its close to collecting from. If it is, collect first then upgrade. Upgrading will reset the clock.
I've also had the library drop from a newly constructed library, while my level 5 doesn't drop anything yet. I just upgrade my lowest level library today, it had 1 hour to go, now I have to another 8 hours to wait to collect.

BungoCook
07-09-13, 04:11 PM
Hey all there is a new version in the App Store 1.1.5 Which promises bug fixes galore!
Fingers crossed. Posted here in case you don't regularly look at the bugs part of the forums.

newzealander
07-09-13, 09:41 PM
I've just done the update and noticed a few changes; all good. My 'social bar' now fills up completely when I have 4 hearts. The order of the Trades in the Exchange has changed and is better - trade ticket trades are at the bottom. On the other side, the Storm 8 icon in the top right corner has grown, and sticks out like a sore thumb! Nothing like a little self-promotion ;-)

lotuskat
07-10-13, 07:32 AM
I'm just glad TL fixed the display bug showing coins instead of building materials! (^_^)

sobieski77
07-29-13, 10:44 AM
How do
I get the royal chateau? It's locked by goal but ......??

Please help....again! Thanks so much.

MiniLaura
07-29-13, 11:07 AM
How do
I get the royal chateau? It's locked by goal but ......??

Please help....again! Thanks so much.

You have to collect enough trade tickets from the Royal Exchange, and then trade in those tickets for the deed to the Chateau.
You can find more information in this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49001-Royal-Chateau). If you have additional questions about the Chateau, please post them to that thread, too.