PDA

View Full Version : What is a mass sell out?

cherryberry9
02-06-13, 09:15 PM
So I've been hearing about these "mass sell outs" when you block the door and open it hours later than your food disappears. My restaurant has been closed for 2 hours due to designing and now I'm worried when I open up again, my food will sell in minutes. Will this happen cause now I'm afraid to unblock the door.

sapphirecross
02-06-13, 10:07 PM
The times it's happened to me have been proportional to the time it was closed and usually didn't wipe out my stock unless it was closed all day. So if door closed 20 hours, I'd sell 20 hours worth of stock when door opened. Kind of like when you first log in in the morning only it's not right when the door opens and for me was only on my old phone if game crashed. If you have any synching issue with lag or force close it could happen. My new phone won't do it, I don't have the same synching issues.

sapphirecross
02-06-13, 10:27 PM
Oh and it's not the actual time the door is closed but the time the game thinks the door is closed when it synchs back up. So your door can be closed 5 min but your game didn't synch in 10 hours so you quick sell 10 hours of stuff. So to prevent quick sale in the mornings, I used to log in twice and that stopped it. But I had a three year old phone with an old iOS that crashed a lot, ymmv.

purplegem611
02-08-13, 12:20 PM
This happens to me on my phone (android) but not on my ipad... But if on my phone I move all chairs away from tables and block my door food doesn't sell. I am assuming that if it looks as if customers can still sit even if door is blocked you will still sell food. I only do this if I run out of food and need to restock

sweetstuff525
02-08-13, 12:23 PM
I wish it happened to me in bakery story .... So I'd be millions coins richer

Baraze
02-08-13, 12:46 PM
This happens on android with my bakery and restaurant. Whether I block the door or not. Overnight everything is gone. I try blocking for no more than six hours to allow me the chance to get some two to three hour recipes in. But it still sells. Such a pest. Now I wish this happened on iOS where I threw away tons of food because I wanted more space to decorate.

purplegem611
02-08-13, 06:56 PM
This happens on android with my bakery and restaurant. Whether I block the door or not. Overnight everything is gone. I try blocking for no more than six hours to allow me the chance to get some two to three hour recipes in. But it still sells. Such a pest. Now I wish this happened on iOS where I threw away tons of food because I wanted more space to decorate.
Read my post above for android you need to block door and move chars away from tables

kooky panda
02-08-13, 07:01 PM
Since blocking the door is not part of the design of the game, you can have unpredictable results.

The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.

cherryberry9
02-08-13, 10:47 PM
I only block my door when I design and I try not to do it for long.