PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Bought a purple habitat before I knew I needed gold to get the dragon :-((

MonkeyMomma76
02-06-13, 03:37 AM
Okay- I bought a Purple Gardens habitat without realizing i would need a ton of gold to get any of the purple dragons. Wah-Waaah :-(( So admittedly this is probably a rookie mistake. I am a total noob at these kind of world building games. I have never played one before but for some reason these cute little dragons plucked at my heart strings. My issue is this...I have like zero gold (maybe 10-12 bars) and because it's a "free" game I don't feel right spending actual dollars to buy extra gold. Does anyone know if you can earn gold any other way? Can you sell gems or dragons or habitats to get gold? I am at level 18 and I haven't cleared the first section of landscape yet. Please help this ignoramus straighten a mess out. Thanks bunches!!! :-))

DragonHeart0
02-06-13, 03:42 AM
No need to spend gold! Breed red and blue a couple of times - you'll get a magic for sure! Got mine the first time :)

thatgirl444
02-06-13, 04:54 AM
as Dragon Heart said you dont need to spend any gold....all available dragons in the game you can breed for free...it just takes time. And to get a purple keep breeding red and blue over and over....eventually you will get a magic dragon...then with magic you can get all the other purple hybrids.

ivanazagreb
02-06-13, 05:53 AM
In time you'll pray you don't get a Magic!!! ;) Breeding time is 20 hours for it.....

pegasus14
02-06-13, 08:19 AM
In time you'll pray you don't get a Magic!!! ;) Breeding time is 20 hours for it.....

So true! On my third Magic and counting trying for the Passion. They are nothing but a nuisance now.

Also, the best way to get golds for speeding up breedings and a second nest (which comes in VERY handy) is to get yourself some good neighbors to give gold to and receive gold from every day. It takes a long time to get gold this way, but if you're patient it pays off. One word of advice though: beware game lag--it is easy to accidentally spend gold when you have it by accidentally clicking on a dragon in the market or an expand button. TL won't install a confirm button on purchases.

saintlover
02-06-13, 08:20 AM

LOL you can say that again! I saw so many magic dragons while trying to breed the right/left/passion dragon I was about to smash my ipad.

MonkeyMomma76
02-06-13, 04:21 PM
So basically what I'm hearing is I can breed a purple dragon...but what about my other question about gold? Is there any other way to get it? I have so many red habitats I would be willing to sell one if I could get gold or gems for it :-))

foxxiegirl
02-06-13, 04:30 PM
So basically what I'm hearing is I can breed a purple dragon...but what about my other question about gold? Is there any other way to get it? I have so many red habitats I would be willing to sell one if I could get gold or gems for it :-))

Nope you can't sell anything to get gold. Your friends can gift you up to 20 gold a day tho and you can send out 3 a day to other folks. Also every now and again you'll get a goal pop up that will award gold.

kooky panda
02-06-13, 05:04 PM

You can also enter new forum contests (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) for a chance to win some gold.
Try your luck with some Kisses (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45710-Count-the-Kisses-Contest&p=535789&viewfull=1#post535789)!!

Skracher
02-07-13, 07:40 AM
You can also get some gold occasionally by downloading the games that keep popping up when you open the game. Just download them, log back in to DS, collect the gold from from your quest goals than delete the new app.

fattom19
02-07-13, 08:18 AM
And on another note, yes this is a free game and you said you don't feel right spending real money, but this is my opinion and i'm not trying to sound rude or anything when I say this, but the developers of this free game put a lot of hard work into making this game and spending money on gold is almost like you donating and showing your appreciation for them putting out such a fun and good game for free. Though it is not manditory to support the game by buying gold once in a while (at least once) I think it would be greatly appreciated by the developers. Ok that's my rant lol and remember that is just my opinion.

DragonHeart0
02-07-13, 10:40 AM
You can also get some gold occasionally by downloading the games that keep popping up when you open the game. Just download them, log back in to DS, collect the gold from from your quest goals than delete the new app.

Or better yet, play for a while and get even more gold while having more fun!
Ok, not quite as much fun as DS ✨✨

DragonHeart0
02-07-13, 10:52 AM
And on another note, yes this is a free game and you said you don't feel right spending real money, but this is my opinion and i'm not trying to sound rude or anything when I say this, but the developers of this free game put a lot of hard work into making this game and spending money on gold is almost like you donating and showing your appreciation for them putting out such a fun and good game for free. Though it is not manditory to support the game by buying gold once in a while (at least once) I think it would be greatly appreciated by the developers. Ok that's my rant lol and remember that is just my opinion.

I do think it is wonderful that we show our appreciation of this great game in a financially substantive manner when we are able✨��✨
Of course, gold sales never hurt to encourage that too ����

saren47
02-07-13, 10:53 AM
You can also enter new forum contests (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) for a chance to win some gold.
Try your luck with some Kisses (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45710-Count-the-Kisses-Contest&p=535789&viewfull=1#post535789)!!

Thanks, kooky panda, just entered. crossed my fingers too, lol.

fattom19
02-07-13, 11:16 AM
I do think it is wonderful that we show our appreciation of this great game in a financially substantive manner when we are able✨��✨
Of course, gold sales never hurt to encourage that too ����

I agree with you 1000% lol

lollipop_rp
02-07-13, 02:45 PM

Or better yet, play for a while and get even more gold while having more fun!
Ok, not quite as much fun as DS ✨✨

I used this method to get my second nest!

NeferTsukia
02-07-13, 03:05 PM
Facepalming all the way. :)

DragonHeart0
02-07-13, 04:32 PM
Facepalming all the way. :)

What's facepalming??

NeferTsukia
02-07-13, 06:51 PM
What's facepalming??

It's just a funny internet thingy. :D used for mostly silly stuff. I'll show an image (not that the image says "dumb" , but in this case that's not exactly what i feel. It's more like a ... "Duh!" :) lol)

http://www.facepalm.de/images/facepalm.jpg

DragonHeart0
02-07-13, 07:17 PM
Ahh, thanks. Love the image too, as a Trekkie that is :)

NeferTsukia
02-08-13, 06:18 AM
Ahh, thanks. Love the image too, as a Trekkie that is :)

It's a well-known internet meme; so now you know it too ;) and yeah,epic Star Trek is epic!

kooky panda
02-08-13, 06:26 AM
Looks like original questions have been answered and now this thread has gone off topic.
Closing Thread.