PDA

View Full Version : Prepare your customers for Fat Tuesday.

FrozenTurtle
02-04-13, 06:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WRpHqZZ.png?1

Join the parade festivities with the Mardi Gras Float in Restaurant Story (http://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!

bigbux3
02-04-13, 07:19 PM
Mardi Gras already!
I hope we get good items! :)

lylahmae
02-04-13, 07:22 PM
They should have a paczki recipe for fat Tuesday.

leaable
02-04-13, 07:42 PM
Yuck.. Not nice at all Lol.

SparklingTown
02-04-13, 07:48 PM
Really nice! Can we have more items and decorations related to the theme???

badger8
02-04-13, 08:01 PM
They should have a paczki recipe for fat Tuesday.

Paczkis and Beignes.

Baraze
02-04-13, 08:12 PM
New Orleans gal here! Yes, yes, yes! My sister will pass out when she sees this. It's so cool.

It's beignets. And I do hope there is a recipe for them or a king cake.

AnnasCoffee
02-04-13, 08:55 PM
So you're finally admitting that your decorations look more like PARADE FLOATS that something for in a restaurant ! Good, I think you can put wheels on a lot of your stuff. Maybe you can make a floor tile that looks like the street. Hahah ! Not for me... to gaudy and ridiculous.

nmishii
02-04-13, 09:17 PM
The float wouldn't look right in my restaurant. I'll pass.

But I'm looking forward to the Mardi Gras / New Orleans recipes.

pattypopo
02-04-13, 09:48 PM
Like the Mardi Gras theme, but the gator float not so much. Guess we are done with Valentines? Kindle still waiting for it.

Baraze
02-04-13, 11:02 PM
It's gaudy. I like gaudy! it could be baby kong from Bacchus and ill still get it. It would be Wrong not to! And paczkis are polish. Never seen them made at home. But yeah, I want more valentine decor.

samcho1
02-05-13, 12:18 AM
I agree..

samcho1
02-05-13, 12:19 AM
I agree...
Yuck.. Not nice at all Lol.

thatgirl444
02-05-13, 01:33 AM
Cute gator...its silly but fun....and Im Polish...Paczki are soooo good....my grandma used to make them every year for Fat Tuesday....yum
It would be fun to see some Polish food in our menue

LalaSmooth
02-05-13, 08:34 AM
What is Mardi Gras :/

lotuskat
02-05-13, 11:28 AM
What is Mardi Gras :/

It's the day before Lent, a.k.a. "Fat Tuesday," "Shrove Tuesday," "Carnivale." It's a time to party! New Orleans is especially famous for it in the U.S. with a massive parade. (^_^)

lotuskat
02-05-13, 11:31 AM
I wonder if we get King Cake or some cocktails?

ovens1234
02-05-13, 11:46 AM
Hope the table and chairs don't have alligators to

SparklingTown
02-05-13, 03:07 PM
It's the day before Lent, a.k.a. "Fat Tuesday," "Shrove Tuesday," "Carnivale." It's a time to party! New Orleans is especially famous for it in the U.S. with a massive parade. (^_^)

That's right! And we can also add the Carnival parties from France, Germany and Brazil!

lotuskat
02-05-13, 03:35 PM
That's right! And we can also add the Carnival parties from France, Germany and Brazil!

Yup yup! I hope they do include the various Carnivale festivities like the amazing dancers from Brazil!

leaable
02-05-13, 04:05 PM
Mardi Gras in Australia is the night the gay and lesbian community strut their stuff in Sydney

Abadoo0815
02-05-13, 05:27 PM
New Orleans gal here! Yes, yes, yes! My sister will pass out when she sees this. It's so cool.

It's beignets. And I do hope there is a recipe for them or a king cake.

No way!!!! Me too. I still live there. WhoDat! I'm lovin' this weeks update!

MamaBear2515
02-06-13, 10:08 PM
Why is it everytime i go to the community tab in restaurant story it keeps saying "no other user are online at this time" ????? Ive tried deleting and reinstaling and shutting off my phone and it still says that. Grrr rly annoying!!!!! AND the social button at the top right hand corner does show up when i visit my neighbors so i have to go to menu social and then neighbors which is a pain. Is anybody else having this problem with their android phone or am i just the lucky one???

MamaBear2515
02-06-13, 10:09 PM
*doesnt show up

dremarie1203
02-06-13, 10:20 PM
Hey! From New Orleans! I understand the float is a little gaudy but it is modeled after a float that is in a major parade here :) Us New Orleans people love it! And Mardi gras is as gaudy as it gets!!!

nmishii
02-06-13, 10:29 PM
Hey! From New Orleans! I understand the float is a little gaudy but it is modeled after a float that is in a major parade here :) Us New Orleans people love it! And Mardi gras is as gaudy as it gets!!!

Yeah, I've seen a picture of that float. Looks pretty close. For me, it isn't that its an alligator or that its gaudy, but that I don't want a float in my restaurant. I like the Mardi Gras theme and bought all the Mardi Gras stuff that costs coins, and put it where some of my Valentines stuff was.

I have been to New Orleans a couple of times but not during Mardi Gras. I love the food. It would be cool to live there and be there for Mardi Gras every year.

mitch1020
02-09-13, 12:12 PM
No way!!!! Me too. I still live there. WhoDat! I'm lovin' this weeks update!

I'm from Walker, between Hammond and Baton Rouge. I am lovin' this weeks updates too!! But I'm disappointed that there are no NOLA recipes!! TL/Storm8...you missed a prime opportunity to add recipes from one the greatest food cities in the world!!

tinkerdawg
02-10-13, 10:43 PM
Before this thread, I had never even heard of a king cake. It intrigued me enough to do some online research. I will now be trying my hand at making one on Tuesday. Any advice from those of you down south for a California gal who has never seen or tasted one before?

mitch1020
02-12-13, 08:55 PM
Before this thread, I had never even heard of a king cake. It intrigued me enough to do some online research. I will now be trying my hand at making one on Tuesday. Any advice from those of you down south for a California gal who has never seen or tasted one before?

Did you ever get the info about king cakes?

nomicrophone
02-27-14, 03:10 PM
I'm from Walker, between Hammond and Baton Rouge. I am lovin' this weeks updates too!! But I'm disappointed that there are no NOLA recipes!! TL/Storm8...you missed a prime opportunity to add recipes from one the greatest food cities in the world!!

Baton Rouge/Baker/Zachary girl here! Wish that float was still available, I sure have the space now...