PDA

View Full Version : Farm planting does NOT add up

Galadraal
02-04-13, 01:43 PM
I am driving myself crazy so I thought I'd ask the forums . . . .

By my math, the best deal on the farm is the Impruberries at +6 for 30 coins
The next one you get +20 for 120 coins
3 x 6 is 18 so I can spend 120 coins on the berries and get 24 food instead of only 20.
It gets worse as you go up so are we paying a small fortune only for the convenience of not tapping every 30 seconds?!?

The wait time seems ridiculous also. I feel I'm wasting my time and money! I love the Dragons but I don't know if I'll want to put up with this for too long.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance everyone,
Joanne

fondants
02-04-13, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately you aren't missing anything here; you are indeed paying a premium in both price and food amount, to not have to tap so often. Probably a sneaky way to encourage you to be actually playing the game more often.

scottyhaha
02-04-13, 02:30 PM
That is how this game was made. Live with it, don't do any math, just play. Me personally, I plants the 3 mins one and when I go sleep I do the diamond

Kittiana
02-04-13, 02:44 PM
No, you're correct the best is the 30 seconds, but I suppose it depends on how patient you are and how much time you want to spend playing the game.

Galadraal
02-04-13, 02:57 PM
I tend to go with the 3 minute one but I am seriously regretting paying so much to upgrade the farm. The value should at least be the same.

They charge stupid amounts to clear the weed/ trees also.

At least they're having a sale so I bought some gold bars :-)

MomsHouseofSweets
02-04-13, 10:03 PM
I plant different amounts at different times, since I work and have my daughters here when they're not in school (college). The best deal IS the 6 for 30, but the time involved to store up food isn't something I have a lot of.

iaweforfun
02-04-13, 10:33 PM
I just do upgrapes and eliteleeks becuz they fit in my schedule the best

kurebiz
02-04-13, 11:32 PM
I'm doing the 5 hours ones mostly. 8 hours when I head to bed. 1 hour ones once in a while to give a nice timing to it

J85909266
02-05-13, 09:50 AM
I don't worry about the cost. I just think ahead to the next time Ill be able to check my phone, and plant accordingly.

meme1098
02-05-13, 10:08 AM
I tend to go with the 3 minute one but I am seriously regretting paying so much to upgrade the farm. The value should at least be the same.

At least they're having a sale so I bought some gold bars :-)

I noticed that the amounts to clear trees, especially, are not consistent throughout the same types. For instance: some Small Bitter Bark is $1,000, some $10,000 and even have one that would cost $30,000 to clear and there is no discernible difference between any of them. They are all the same height and size so why the cost difference? Doesn't make sense to me but JMO.

Galadraal
02-05-13, 11:31 AM
I noticed that the amounts to clear trees, especially, are not consistent throughout the same types. For instance: some Small Bitter Bark is $1,000, some $10,000 and even have one that would cost $30,000 to clear and there is no discernible difference between any of them. They are all the same height and size so why the cost difference? Doesn't make sense to me but JMO.

It seems the more in the way they are (like by the edges) the more expensive. The have a weeping willow looking one that's $150,000 and a stone that's $75,000! You only get the cheap mushrooms when you first clear land (expand).

Another thing I'm seeing lately is the gold bar cost being more than 1 for an hour wait time. I am currently expanding and have only 3 hours 24 minutes and they want 35 gold bars to finish it! That is INSANE!!!

profsink
02-05-13, 01:21 PM
I found the 3 minute Buffbeets were best, partly because it takes more than 30 seconds to plant all six farms on Android, partly because that gave time to visit neighbors.

The longer plants are more costly, and yes, it's the "not having to tap so much" tax. But in the end, the key thing you need to realize is "what else do I need the silver for?" In the beginning, do short, cheap rewarding crops. After you've got 35 habitats full of Epics? You'll have silver to burn and the long plant crops just become more convenient.

tailsprower
02-06-13, 02:31 AM
For the best is Scaly Pears ! Plant those on 6 Large Farms and get 4200 food a day and get 29400 in a week . Scaly Pears are best planted early in the morning , it finishes 4 hours before you plant the next day . For example , You planted scaly pears on 5:00 am , It will be ready to harvest at 1:00 am so when you wake up their ready to harvest ! But this is my opinion , like others say , it depends on your patience , schedule , and if you actually like the game to play long . :)

DragonHeart0
02-06-13, 03:24 AM

Yup, next bitterbark to clear is going to take 4 days to save up for - 800,000 coin. And after that I have a 990,000 moldy boulder. Totally CRAZY! I need to grow some patience :)

Galadraal
02-06-13, 07:28 AM
Thanks, Prof sink. Great advice. I agree with growing the patience, Dragonheart LOL

UnoRaven
02-06-13, 07:58 AM
I spent Sunday watching Scrubs and planting Buffbeets. The episodes (on netflix) are about 24 minute each, so that's 8 crops of Buffbeets per episode. Multiply that by 6 farms and I've got 960 food per episode. They're cheap too--I make back all my money before the three minutes are up. So next time you're lounging around watching tv, try planting Buffbeets! You can also visit a few neighbors while you're waiting.

saintlover
02-06-13, 08:18 AM
One of the benefits for planting the 5 hour diamonellies or whatever they are calles is that it gives you alot of xp points.

Galadraal
02-06-13, 04:48 PM
I spent Sunday watching Scrubs and planting Buffbeets. The episodes (on netflix) are about 24 minute each, so that's 8 crops of Buffbeets per episode. Multiply that by 6 farms and I've got 960 food per episode. They're cheap too--I make back all my money before the three minutes are up. So next time you're lounging around watching tv, try planting Buffbeets! You can also visit a few neighbors while you're waiting.

That's pretty much what I do LOL Watch TV and plant.

Galadraal
02-06-13, 04:49 PM
Anyone know if there is a benefit to the Enchanted Farm?

kwhales
02-06-13, 05:47 PM
Anyone know if there is a benefit to the Enchanted Farm?

Once you have enough coins available, the enchanted farm can get your food supply up quickly, but it costs alot of coins. But when you have 11 million coins, the cost is nothing. It also helps to get your level up faster too

Galadraal
02-06-13, 10:42 PM
Once you have enough coins available, the enchanted farm can get your food supply up quickly, but it costs alot of coins. But when you have 11 million coins, the cost is nothing. It also helps to get your level up faster too

How on earth do you get 11,000,000 coins?!?

Is the return on the cost of crops better than the other farms? I have two small and one large farm but I usually just plant the 30 and 120 coin crops because they are more cost effective. Does this Enchanted farm give you more bang for your buck, or not? Thanks. I don't want to waste coins otherwise.

idestined
02-06-13, 11:57 PM
Don't buy enchanted farms unless you make enough per day to get a use out of diamond dates.

stoogehunter
02-07-13, 12:40 AM
Not true.
Enchanted farm has upgrapes, which I think are the best bang for buck of all the enchanted crops.
Upgrapes are $8000 for 100 food every 10 minutes.
if you have placed your dragons in the correct habitats for maximum earnings, you can plant upgrapes and still be making a profit as well as gaining food.
I use upgrapes, I check every half hour to an hour. I am spending a large amount on food, but my dragons earn enough that i am still earning plenty of coins as well.

kwhales
02-07-13, 06:32 AM
How on earth do you get 11,000,000 coins?!?

Is the return on the cost of crops better than the other farms? I have two small and one large farm but I usually just plant the 30 and 120 coin crops because they are more cost effective. Does this Enchanted farm give you more bang for your buck, or not? Thanks. I don't want to waste coins otherwise.

I just checked your island. You are a low level. Be patient. Before you buy enchanted farms, buy 3 more farms that you can. If coins allow, skip the small farm and purchase the large farm. Clear your habitats alot throughout the day to increase your coin intake and plant food constantly. The amount your plant is up to coin availability. Visit neighbors so they visit you.

You may have to clear land before purchasing large farms. If this isn't feasible right now, buy small farms. You should have enough room by your new water habitat for at least a couple. Don't feed or evolve your dragons past level 4 or 6. You can breed with them at level 4 so right now getting a stockpile of food and coins is more important then epicing dragons.

I have 11 million coins because I am at level 92, have the max number of farms and habitats and collect often throughout the day. But i also have a level 9 island that I am not evolving or breeding dragons until coins allow me too. I am concentrating on stockpiling food and coins on that island because I know dragons will always be there for me to breed and epicing isn't necessary. Most of all, take your time and have fun breeding different elements together to see what you get.