PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Names Comeback

citius
02-04-13, 10:27 AM
Just want to share an experience of mine. And please don't criticize my English, I know it's not that good.

Last year there has been a discussion about a theory with lucky names, that some dragons with certain names has a bigger chance on breeding a diamond. Those names were as far as I remember, Indigo, Glide, Cruise and Cloud. Those were the ones that were mentioned the most. It did work for some, but still a Mod confirmed that the names has nothing to do with getting a diamond.

But just two weeks ago, my friend got a diamond by breeding a Winter Dragon named Indigo (not renamed) with Mirage Dragon, on his 3rd time. Then I myself unexpectedly got a diamond less than a week after, breeding a Honeybee named Glide (not renamed) with Winter Dragon on my 2nd try.
COINCIDENCE?... I don't know!.. Maybe it's the Winter Dragon, or maybe it's the names?

I'm starting to believe that the names has something to do with it even though the Mods has said otherwise.

Well maybe you could say that the "names" don't matter, but the "type" of dragon given by a "certain" name matter. Let's say we have three types of dragon: A, B and C.. Where A gives more chance for Ultra Rare, B for Super Rare, and C for Rare. Each names indicates which type the dragon is of, either A, B or C.. So maybe the names Indigo etc. indicates that the Dragon is of type A, while the rest indicates the others. So you 'might' say that the names doesn't matter, but the "types" of dragon given by a certain "name" matter.

Hope some of you gets my point...... DERP! ;)

sollia
02-04-13, 10:31 AM
I think I understand your point but overall I think it's coincidence.

Or maybe I'm just jealous because I name all my dragons myself :P I got my diamond with a Honeybee named Etalle and a Fuzzy named Raymi.

I would tend to believe the mods on this one.

Also I think your english was just fine :)

[S8] Elsa
02-04-13, 10:31 AM
Interesting theory, but names do not affect the outcome of breeding. :)

LilMzB4Life
02-04-13, 12:15 PM
Ok, I recently got my 2nd 💎 this past Christmas. I put Storm/Snowman in the breeding den and got 44 hrs. on the first try. After reading this thread, I decided to go check the names of the dragons I used. My Storm dragon's name is Glide and my Snowman's name is Artemis. Coincidence?, maybe but I had to share after checking to see.

fattom19
02-04-13, 12:56 PM
I also tend to believe that names do help in some way. I tried getting a diamond for a while, and during that time I used the island/firestorm combo many times.. So I finally hatched an island dragon named indigo and then I put that island named indigo in the breeding den with a firestorm and bam! first try I got 44hrs and my diamond dragon... once again this could be a very big coincidence but I tend to believe that if something keeps happening that after a while you can't claim it's a coincidence, whether or not that is the reason I got my diamond I will always believe that is how I got my first diamond and that is the reason why.

citius
02-05-13, 02:12 AM
Thanks for all the feedbacks! ;)
Yes we got you PonyRoar! Hehehe, I agree with you that names don't matter. I could rename my dragon Glide to Wackawoo and still have the same big chance on getting the diamond. Cause as I mentioned earlier, the names may not matter, but the types of the dragon (eg. A, B and C) given by a certain name matter!

But we'll see. I'll keep on trying out this theory.

muddpie99
02-05-13, 06:43 AM
The Island Indigo theory does work. Ive duplicated the same result over every one of my accounts. Once you have a Island Indigo within 15 breedings a Diamond will occur.

fattom19
02-05-13, 10:19 AM
The Island Indigo theory does work. Ive duplicated the same result over every one of my accounts. Once you have a Island Indigo within 15 breedings a Diamond will occur.

Like I had posted a few posts up, I do believe in this theory as like I said above after finally obtaining an island named indigo my FIRST attempt with Island indigo and firestorm resulted in me getting my diamond dragon. On the other hand after that happened my girlfriend saw that it worked and tried over and over until she got an island dragon named indigo, and then she tried island/firestorm about 20 times and never got a diamond.... So who knows, maybe I just have a REALLY crazy coincidence or maybe not.