PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, burned out and bored

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sefyre
02-03-13, 06:43 AM
Author's Note: Not looking for sympathy and not meaning to sound like a whiner; just really need to get this off my chest and if anyone has any constructive commentary, I welcome feedback. If you don't want to read about how I feel about Failing Epically at trying to breed Event Dragons and how I consequently burned myself out, then just don't read for both of our sakes, thank you.

So after trying like a maniac for a long time to breed either an Elf Dragon or a Fireworks Dragon or even a second Snowman Dragon since their initial release and consistently failing at both (yes, I double checked each time to make sure my mating pair had all the right colors) and after hatching myself a surprise Diamond Dragon in the process (that is supposedly MUCH MUCH MORE RARE) than either of the two Dragons I was trying to breed...

I promptly got burned out.

Seeing my Diamond baby was a mixture of -extreme- elation (I felt like I had a triple shot espresso!), and, owing to my extended frustration over my inability to breed Dragons whose length of availability I couldn't be sure of, -immense- frustration. Basically, the best and worst of both worlds.

I guess the frustration won over as it was the icing on the cake and after hatching my Diamond and giving it its showcase place in my newest cleared out area, I fed my other Dragons, played with them a bit, visited my neighbors a last time and sent gifts... and then closed out the app and then didn't return.

(In case my neighbors didn't read my Wall post and are members of this forum and happen to be reading this thread, now you know why I haven't been checking my game.)

I have since 'gotten over' that burn out... at least... I thought I did, but I guess I still haven't as though I tried to pick the game back up, I'm... just not that interested anymore.

YES, I bred myself a Diamond completely by accident and I should be jumping for joy (and I was and I AM happy I somehow managed to miraculously breed myself one entirely by sheer accident), but...

Honestly?

At that time, after so much frustration with trying to breed Dragons that everyone was certain there were hidden Timers on, all I really wanted was either an Elf or a Fireworks.

Honestly and truly, I will swear that that was what I wanted most at the time that I was breeding.

As my previous month old posts in the various threads state, I tried nearly every combination possible when the most probable combinations repeatedly failed me and I even paid Gold to speed things up since I was in the middle of a very hectic work schedule and could only do breeding at very specific times...

Given all that, to see a 44 hour fail time incited in me both joy and rage in equal but opposite burning intensities.

It was THE EPIC of Epic Fails and after so many other failures that I had had, it seemed like I was being told that my breeding attempts for those two Dragons would be doomed. Easier to breed a Diamond than to breed a simple 'Rare' New Year's Fireworks. Elf I could understand being more difficult owing to its Super Rare status, but not the Fireworks.

Which I guess brings me to the point of my rant.

Though I somehow managed to surprise!breed myself an Ultra Rare Diamond Dragon out of all possibilities, I still never managed to breed either the Elf or the Fireworks and without knowing the Timer and figuring they would go away soon, I was breeding like a crazed maniac.

Though they haven't gone away yet and though I am still trying, it is now half-hearted as my experience has shown me that it is easier to breed for an Ultra Rare Diamond than it is to breed for Dragons that aren't even on the same caliber of rarity.

To see 44 hours after a monthlong string of SO MANY failures on top of so many other failures from previous Event Dragon breeding attempts was a literal shock and unlike some people who might be screaming for joy and may even forget all about breeding for an Elf or Fireworks, I ended up being floored by how -badly- I had failed in my breeding.

I know that I ought to be really freaking grateful and happy that I bred myself such a surprise - especially when there were THAT many possibilities in my combination (and I honestly AM happy that I bred one), but I guess the disappointment - fueled by a long string of failures starting from Halloween (trying to breed Pumpkin) and carrying over into the New Year - keeps winning over.

That said, I love my Dragons, still, and I love this game, still, and I still think I have some of the most awesome neighbors ever as we all seem to gift and gift alike when it comes to gifting gold and paying visits.

But I burned out after the whole craziness and am apparently still burned out and... well... I would rather not be - especially since I have so many new possibilities to try and a new Diamond Dragon to be proud of. :(

I guess it's just a part of being human; the human side of me that is emotional is still disappointed and thinking about THE Epic Fail of Epic Fails and the human side of me that is rational knows that this is just a game and yadda yadda yadda and that I ought to simply be happy that I bred such a rare Dragon by accident and that I could simply ignore all the pop-ups advertising all the new Dragons available to breed and just go about my merry way doing whatever, etc.

But after what happened, seeing all those pop-ups just makes me want to groan and I am once again reminded that for me, it is apparently easier to breed a Diamond than a Rare or a Super Rare - especially if it is an Event Dragon and I can't help but wonder if for me, that really IS the Truth.

Everyone's RNGs are different and everyone is going to have a different breeding experience; that is part of the 'magic' in all of this.

And yet a part of me just can't stop gawking at what happened. An ULTRA RARE popping out before a simple Rare?!

I take full responsibility for the fact that I used a combination that allowed such a possibility (I was VERY desperate at that time as all other combinations - repeated and otherwise - failed), but out of ALL things it could choose to give me in my string of breeding using that combination, it gave me the Epic Fail/Epic Win?

I just couldn't believe it and I apparently ended up not taking the news too well in the end, hence burning out.

So... yeah.

I'm trying to get back into things...

And have managed to breed myself a Parakeet (by accident) in my first attempt to breed a Caesar (the emotional side that wants to try and keep up with all the Event Dragons won and made me try for the new Dragon). Super Rare vs Rare and Super Rare wins once again as I try not to bang my head on my desk.

Anyways, thanks for reading if you happened to read and if you happen to share any constructive thoughts, thank you for that, too.

If you happen to be my neighbor, please excuse my lack of visits and gifts; I will try my best to get back into the swing of things and will hopefully be back to my gifting and visiting soon.

If you are someone who visited me when I made my post about accidentally breeding my Diamond Dragon, I did not add you back unless you specifically requested it on my Wall. I know/knew a lot of you have long neighbor lists that can be difficult to keep up with and I didn't want to add anyone unless I was sure that they wanted to be added. If you wanted to neighbor me, please post on my Wall so I will know that you want me to add you back? If it seems like I was ignoring you, that wasn't my intent; I simply didn't know what your intent was - especially given how much discussion there had been about being unable to keep up with too many neighbors, etc.

To the game, THANK YOU for the surprise; I'm sorry that I'm too stressed from all the crazy breeding to be properly happy.

RotomGuy
02-03-13, 06:49 AM
I have been trying to get the Elf for a month and a half, only recently I stopped. I got my Caeser first time, and I like them so I wanted a second, so I bred Caeser and Fairy. Pow, Elf.

So yeah, reverse psychology has gotten me most of my Super Rare's.

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-03-13, 06:56 AM
I feel your pain! Not being able to get that Elf has left me beyond annoyed....lol.... it's like the Witch that I didn't get all over again!!

Anyway, I hope you manage to get one before they go. :D

Sefyre
02-03-13, 07:02 AM
@RotomGuy: Funny, I had hoped for a Parakeet to maybe pop up when breeding for Elf since the color combo is the same, but I never got it.

This time, I was trying for Caesar and wouldn't you know? PARAKEET.

Maybe Reverse Psychology really does work!

@Lolas_Kryptonite: Thanks for the well wishes and I'm sorry you had a similar experience --- twice!

When I was breeding for Snowman (which came out before Elf), I ended up breeding my Land Worm AND my Wild - both of which I had tried to unsuccessfully breed previously after many, many, many attempts during all the other Red and Green combo breeding opportunities. I'm crossing my fingers for you! Hopefully you'll land yourself an Elf --- and maybe even without expecting it like RotomGuy was saying!

salinho
02-03-13, 07:05 AM
I wish i'd gotten a diamond as a fail for my attempts at witch dragon. No diamond, no witch. Lol.
But I can relate. I can get pretty aggravated and disappointed when i don't get what I want, but I haven't burned out (yet). Just give yourself some time to breathe and try to relax a bit...take it easier. :)

hamadrys
02-03-13, 07:10 AM
I have never been one of these lucky players that can breed something "first try". Never happened. However, I get them after 15-20 tries. Or they come unexpected. Like getting a second elf when trying for Caesar. And getting 3 Fireworks from trying to breed a diamond.
I got burned out with the game a bit ago but for other reasons. I play on Kindle and got really upset about no updates. I had to make peace about it because basically what is the point of playing a game to chill out, if all it does is stressing you out ? I am over the burn out now. I choose to enjoy the features I have, and dropped my frustration over the no updates deal. I probably will never be able to breed the pink dragons, or the Valentine. I can choose to leave the game and not return. Or stay and play with what I have. I chose the latest. I do not have a diamond yet, neither do I have diamond hybrids. I still miss a lot of rare/super rare light dragons and 3 others. So, I have stuff to do.
And even though, I sometimes catch myself being envious of IOS neighbors updates, I try to focus on the pleasure that DS gives me.
I wish I could give you one of the Fireworks that I have or the second Elf that I bred trying for Caesar. Unfortunately, I cannot.
I missed a lot of LE's on Halloween and Thanksgiving. I just got zombie. The others...I could not breed.
Hang in there. You may breed them, you may not. Try to keep the purpose of the game for what it is : relax.

moostermine
02-03-13, 07:12 AM
I'm almost positive the game KNOWS what dragon you want, and decides whether to give it to you or not, lol! Very few of my rarest dragons have appeared when I was actually trying for them.

DragonHeart0
02-03-13, 07:15 AM
I so hear you! I've been trying for elf too, unsuccessfully too but my daughter got one on the third try! And I am trying very hard to live vicariously. The slots game is helping me, reminding me of the completely arbitrary and luck based foundation of the game ;o(
We're all here with you, understanding your burnout! Be patient with yourself and take your time. The game will still be here waiting, when you're able to enjoy it again ;o)

In solidarity,

Sefyre
02-03-13, 07:28 AM
... Dang. Talk about warm fuzzies. :)

You are all awesome; thanks for the encouragement and for sharing your own experiences; I super appreciate it!

... And you're right. I just need to CHILL and relax and remember that I started the game to have fun... NOT stress me out!

In solidarity, indeed. :D

betsyb514
02-03-13, 07:37 AM
I feel your pain! Filled up all my habitats with Life dragons trying to get the Snowman, not once but twice. When I finally got him, it was so worth it! BTW I have 16 habitats that would hold those fails! lol Anyway, you will get there! DragonHeart0 and I are on a journey to see if we can get away without buying a Light dragon. We've been told we are NUTZ! As I've said before, it is the journey, not the destination that makes this fun! Enjoy the journey!

Sefyre
02-03-13, 07:43 AM
@hamadrys: RE: Lack of Updates

Though I am am iOS player, I can understand your frustration to some level. When I started DS and MS, I was on an older iOS device and my game exhibited all the trouble issues that other Android and Kindle players were experiencing from force-closing to severe lagging to being completely unable to visit my neighbors, etc. Updates or not, my game was rather unplayable just because of how resource-heavy the game was for my device. If I was upset about that, then I can only imagine how it would feel to see everyone else getting updates that you aren't getting on top of it.

That said, I have hope that updates will be coming and as such, I am waiting for those updates myself alongside everyone else who is waiting as I have refused to do any feature-related updates (save for Album and Storage which pretty much updated without me realizing) until everyone else can get the same updates (which, again, I have hope will indeed happen!).

So yes, enjoy the Dragons we can collect indeed. :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-03-13, 07:49 AM
I feel your pain! Filled up all my habitats with Life dragons trying to get the Snowman, not once but twice. When I finally got him, it was so worth it! BTW I have 16 habitats that would hold those fails! lol Anyway, you will get there! DragonHeart0 and I are on a journey to see if we can get away without buying a Light dragon. We've been told we are NUTZ! As I've said before, it is the journey, not the destination that makes this fun! Enjoy the journey!

Why don't you want to buy one? :D

betsyb514
02-03-13, 07:52 AM

I just want to see if you can do it without buying it. Call it a personal goal. I just got my first Diamond on the way, one more and I can see if it works. If you want to check it out add bb514!

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-03-13, 08:00 AM
I just want to see if you can do it without buying it. Call it a personal goal. I just got my first Diamond on the way, one more and I can see if it works. If you want to check it out add bb514!

Fair enough! Gives you something to work toward I guess. Good luck :D

Baraze
02-03-13, 08:07 AM
Try mixing parakeet/fairy with light.

I've just gotten four elf dragons with these combos while trying for the new dragon.

I've gotten about six snowmen but dont recall the blends. Never knew some folks still had a hard time.

Makes me feel bad for selling all but one elf. So I could let them date later!

lollipop_rp
02-03-13, 08:11 AM
I got diamond trying for some pink hybrids... Lol.
I used scarecrow x virtue (all this time I hated scarecrow, dont know why but I hated it, now it has my special protection!)
Anyways, I am trying for the newer dragons even tho I got a diamond without knowing and you'd should to.
You wrote a big story on it, but what abt the upcoming dragons from crafting or the newer LE dragons or even the newer regular dragons?
Maybe, you should use diamond to help you? Try. Doing mirage and diamond to get fireworks or a simple fruitful x diamond to get a elf. Use diamond as an advantage.
Hope that helps!
But, don't quit the game, seems like youve been successful...

lollipop_rp
02-03-13, 08:13 AM

I know what you mean betsyb514,
Never bought a dragon or gold, I love the challenge of breeding it myself.

Magikot
02-03-13, 08:15 AM
I understand how you feel too. I let myself get obsessed over the Halloween dragons. Red and purple are the hardest colors for me to breed. (not just when I breed those colors together, any combination of those colors). I spent well over 500 gold and stayed up late and few nights while my husband and kids were sleeping breeding for the witch and pumpkin.... Over and over over. This was when they were first released with their initial timers. Some how I managed to get the witch and only the witch after having spent so much money just trying. I was so frustrated. Then tl brought them back, still limited but they extended the deadline. I was so glad to get a chance to try to get boo and pumpkin again; yet, so upset that I spent real money to hurry what was supposed to be available for a limited time only. I did eventually get the rest of the Halloween dragons, but purely by accident. The only dragon I tried to breed was Boo, but I refused to speed up any more breeding pairs. If I got it fine, if not oh well.

I quit trying for them. I breed other colors trying to get the other dragons I needed. One a day I would put the needed pair for pumpkin and finally got it. Same happened for Zombie, which I really didn't want care if I got. I was so burnt out by le dragons, I had let them ruin the game for me. I didn't quit, but I logged in around the time my breeding pair would be done. In between I sometimes logged in to collect coins. I only visited a few of my gold exchange neighbors.

Turkey dragons were easy for me to get, yellow and Green combinations love me it seems. Only exception of is mixing either of them with red or purple. I guess all those years of really not liking the color red are coming back to haunt me. Lol By Christmas I was so busy hunting down deals on the items we had in mind for the kids that I didn't have time to obsess. I tried for the elf and bred two back to back. Snowman not so much. Only good thing is I finally breed a forest fire. I did manage to get snowman eventually but only because I stopped trying and caring.

I had a mind volt I bred during one of my le breaks. One night while looking for a pair to half-hearted try for a firework, I put mind volt and forest fire in the den and pressed breed. Thinking why not, I was almost level 80 without a Diamond. Not for one second did I think I would get one. The game lagged for a few days seconds and then the bar over the den popped up. Out of habit I looked at the breeding time, 2 days or 44 gold. I couldn't believe it. I felt exactly how you described. So excited and yet so dumbstruck. I had heard about the sudden breeding boom of diamonds but no way was I letting it bring me down.

I made my husband (who could careless about this game) look at the timer twice just so I had a witness. Lol He has had a theory for years when it comes to rare items from games. (we were hard core pc gamers before we had kids for years). The more you want it, the more you obsess over it... The longer it takes to get it. When I started to apply that to ds, it helped renew my zest for ds.

This turned out longer than I meant it too. I really do understand how you feel. I'm in a better mind state now, my unintended break during December help! :cool:

Elf mix I used was fairy/fruitful and fairy/green.

RotomGuy
02-03-13, 08:19 AM
I've never brought a Dragon using Gold (or bought gold for money) either.

I love the Elf line so much, I want a second one now. And I still don't have a Snowman. Then I've got to get the Valentines. Eek! LE's!

salinho
02-03-13, 08:46 AM
I don't want to be pessimistic, but to get a Light dragon one DEFINITELY needs to buy it...
Or breed two diamonds (be it a diamond or infinity) to get it. And the other possible outcomes are pink , fire, forest, water, magic, air and, apparently, passion. But it seems like wasted effort, IMHO, especially when light dragons and their hybrids are so cool. :) (well, some of them.lol)

transberry
02-03-13, 10:20 AM
I didn't even get a diamond or parakeet from trying for elf fireworks or the new ones

I know I'll never get them or the heart dragons it sucks

LilMzB4Life
02-03-13, 10:54 AM
I can relate to how you are feeling. I have been wanting an Infinity ever since it was released. Tried numerous combinations that were successful by others besides diamond/diamond combination because I only had 1. I was ecstatic when I finally got my 2nd diamond this past Christmas so I could try the combination. Got my 2nd diamond to epic form and started breeding it with my 1st. Speed breeding and went through all my gold and was still unsuccessful. Decided to give wizard/parakeet a try for Infinity. This time I bred without speeding up and before long I had my 3rd diamond. You would think I would be happy but I wasn't because its not what I want. I wanted and still want an Infinity. I'm to the point that I don't think I'll ever get it.

grondai
02-03-13, 11:11 AM
My attention span won't allow me to read all of this lol. All I saw was you got a diamond from trying to breed elf? Sounds like you weren't trying for elf then

pegasus14
02-03-13, 12:01 PM
There sure seems to be something to this reverse psychology business. I too tried relentlessly for the Fireworks when the goal came out, and was exceedingly frustrated by the 20 hour fails I got each time until the goal timer was down to the last few days. I decided then that despite the timer running down I was over the Fireworks dragon and just went on with my attempts at the Diamond. Sure enough, I got the Fireworks soon after (though unfortunately not in time to get the goal reward).

LilMzB4Life
02-03-13, 12:16 PM
I sometimes feel like in order to get the dragon I want, I have to change up my strategy by pretending to go for something else. Reverse psychology. I thought I was the only one who felt this way about their game but I do believe there is something to it.

RotomGuy
02-03-13, 12:42 PM
I sometimes feel like in order to get the dragon I want, I have to change up my strategy by pretending to go for something else. Reverse psychology. I thought I was the only one who felt this way about their game but I do believe there is something to it.
I'm convinced it's the best way. TL has developed mind-reading technology and are using it against us!

Darkstorm2
02-03-13, 01:06 PM
I feel your pain. I never had the chance to get a zombie because of the hurricane and I'm not happy about it. It's the only dragon I have never owned. :(

lotusthreads
02-03-13, 01:24 PM
I feel your pain as well. I either seem to get the dragon I want within a few tries or it takes over a hundred tries. I managed to get the elf and fireworks very quickly, but I never managed to get either the witch or boo dragon despite constant breeding foe them, and it took over a month of constant trying to get the snowman. I was very close to burning out over that one :(

My preferred strategy is to breed for something for a while, and switch to trying for something else if I am getting frustrated. The string of LEs that we had over halloween/xmas meant that I just had to keep trying and failing for what seemed like months.

kurebiz
02-03-13, 04:43 PM
Try to use only the colours for the LE.. else you'd be wasting time when you get the fails for the other colours.. play the game, don't let the game play you! I didn't get zombie and witch either during Halloween despite trying repeatedly.

and yes. I've got a diamond, but I can't get rare dragons like hypnotic and athletic. Missing some of the super rares like parakeet and honeybee too.

Suave_Spencer
02-03-13, 05:59 PM
Try to use only the colours for the LE.. else you'd be wasting time when you get the fails for the other colours.. play the game, don't let the game play you! I didn't get zombie and witch either during Halloween despite trying repeatedly.

and yes. I've got a diamond, but I can't get rare dragons like hypnotic and athletic. Missing some of the super rares like parakeet and honeybee too.

You say just use the colours for the LE you want.. I must have bred Forest/Air 200 times and still not got Elf. However, after only 4 tries I got one of the heart dragons.

kooky panda
02-03-13, 06:10 PM
You say just use the colours for the LE you want.. I must have bred Forest/Air 200 times and still not got Elf. However, after only 4 tries I got one of the heart dragons.
I usually start using the pure colors first, like forest and air, but if that is not working then I start using whatever dragon I keep getting.
For elf, I used forest and air, but kept getting fruitfuls, so I switched to forest and fruitful, then I got my elf on about the 2 try with that combo.

hamadrys
02-03-13, 07:15 PM
Not a bad idea. That means that if I wanted to try for Leopard and Griffin, I should use Sunrise in the combo to decrease the chances of getting "Sunrises fails" ?

Magikot
02-03-13, 10:57 PM
I will sometimes have luck using a rare or super rare with the same color combo to get a rare or super rare. Doesn't always work, but it's just one of my strategies. Especially if I keep getting one dragon while trying to breed another. Or rare with same colors and a pure color. I finally bred the witch using two of the three familiars I kept getting. I just try to mix up my breeding pairs, eventually one set will work.

shortyrules2
02-03-13, 11:12 PM
Don't feel too bad. I'm at lvl 94 and i STILL don't have a diamond. I've gotten most of the dragons except any of the diamond hybrids, Mermaid, ather, Caesar, Super, or passion. I have 72/86 dragons. Anyone have hints on getting diamond, mermaid ot aether dragons? Those are the ones i want the most.

kurebiz
02-04-13, 12:40 AM
Luck and diamond keeps getting me luck.
light and magic = luck too.

I've got 3 mermaids.. got them while trying for diamond using islandxfirestorm
used winter x life for diamond (before android got pink dragons), because of the short fail times.

Suave_Spencer
02-04-13, 12:52 AM
I usually start using the pure colors first, like forest and air, but if that is not working then I start using whatever dragon I keep getting.
For elf, I used forest and air, but kept getting fruitfuls, so I switched to forest and fruitful, then I got my elf on about the 2 try with that combo.

I even tried Mirage and Pegasus, still got Fruitful. Elf is definitely the most annoying dragon so far...

galaxykeyz
02-04-13, 04:39 AM
Elf is a tough cookie to get, should've been an ultra-rare dragon..... I have about 7 fruitful babies now which will be getting traded in the hope for green gems so I can get that emerald dragon. If I get the emerald before my elf I will be annoyed.

J85909266
02-04-13, 11:43 AM
Something very similar happened to me when trying to get the Boo dragon during Halloween. I tired, and tried, got probably 25 lucks in a row. Bought 250, for speed breeding, got 15 more Luck dragon for my money. I got so upset I didn't play for like a month.

I'm still angry at TL for my bad luck. I've decided that there is this little jerk named Steve that works at TL that specifically blocked the Boo dragon from my account because he is a hateful villain.

If you are reading, TL, please fire Steve. Thanks.

drevo77
02-07-13, 03:25 AM
I love dragon story but I hate avin to clear land for ages I hage just extended, might as well just pay more for the expansion in the first place! Sorry just a lil pet peeve

DragonHeart0
02-08-13, 06:52 PM
Elf is a tough cookie to get, should've been an ultra-rare dragon..... I have about 7 fruitful babies now which will be getting traded in the hope for green gems so I can get that emerald dragon. If I get the emerald before my elf I will be annoyed.

I've got 15 Fruitfuls and 6 little emeralds from them (the others are topaz). Also a Parakeet :). Taking a break to try for cupid despite the fact that what I really want is ELF, please, please! Now I have a 32 hour wait for Titan before going back to elf. Good luck galaxy! I think you're right about elf being an ultra rare.

Sefyre
02-09-13, 04:02 AM
Sorry for the delay in reply!

To answer the statement in particular about accidentally breeding Diamonds and how that pretty much isn't possible, this is what I was thinking about when I finally - out of sheer desperation - tossed in four colors because none of my basic color combos were doing the trick:

(TLDR; It IS possible to breed a Diamond Dragon by accident simply given HOW UNLIKELY it is supposed to be to breed one!)

1) My basic hybrid color combos weren't doing the trick.

Literally, trying to breed for an Elf using the two colors was getting me absolutely nowhere as an endless chain of Fruitfuls and the occasional Fairy popped out.

Literally, trying to breed for a Fireworks using the three colors was getting me nowhere, too, because the most popular combos that popped out all the flipping time were Firestorm with Magic and Mist occasionally poking their heads out. And, as everyone probably knows, of all Dragons I dislike seeing, Firestorms top my list because of the &%$# it gave me when I had been trying to breed for Pumpkin (and never got).

After trying the basic 3 colors for Fireworks after partly giving up on Elf and getting nowhere, I therefore concluded that adding a final different color could at LEAST give me variety to look at instead of Firestorm galore AND also give me the possibility of breeding EITHER an Elf OR a Fireworks.

Interestingly, once I added in the fourth color, I bred myself two Super Rares - a Scorpion and a Mindvolt that COULD have popped out when I was using the 3 colors... but never did.

Later, after popping out a few other varieties I already had, out popped the Diamond.

2) When 3 color hybrids were introduced, people were calling them 'Diamond ****ers' because it seemed like the number of Diamond Dragons being bred dropped.

The more possibilities there are, the lower the probability is to breed the one you are wanting. Of course. That's is why some of the advice is to stick with the same colors regardless of breeding trends... but that is ALSO why breeding for a Diamond becomes EVEN MORE of a challenge.

Instead of just all the 2 color hybrids, you now have -3- color hybrids to be concerned about and all of which are labeled as Rare and above.

Good luck getting that Diamond now, right?!

3) The Diamond Dragon is an ULTRA RARE.

This means that it is THE Rare of ALL RARES and should - in my calculations - be popping out ohhh say... NEVER?

In fact, it should be popping out with EVEN LESS frequency than the Fireworks so long as you have the color combination going.

Funny enough, not only did I not get a Fireworks... I also managed to breed myself - using the same pair - ANOTHER DIAMOND after popping out a Life, a Fruitful, and a second Scorpion (notice the total and complete lack of blue color in this sequence?).

That's right; I now have a SECOND Diamond on the way and this is using my same pair that I had used before!

Super Rare?! REALLY?

Sefyre
02-09-13, 04:18 AM
Thanks to everyone for their comments and tips and suggestions and consolations and thanks even more for just listening and sharing your experiences. :)

Though I dread seeing the exact same Dragons pop out time and time again, I think I need to go back to using the exact colors and nothing else because otherwise, I am going to be plagued with Epic Failures.

I, too, feel that the Elf Dragon and the Fireworks Dragon are even MORE RARE than the Ultra Rare Diamond.

How have I managed to breed 2 Diamonds using the same pair of Dragons when I could have and - in my opinion - should have bred something else less rare... like... oh say... the Elf or AT LEAST that Fireworks which is only a Rare and could have been bred 'relatively' easily when I only was using its exact colors? Or hey, even any of the other Dragons I don't have already?

But... no. Apparently logic and probability doesn't work that way on my island.

A couple of you have been watching my island; you know that this second Diamond came out shortly after I made this topic and that between then and now, I was trying for Caesar and then after stopping with Caesar, decided to try again for either the Elf or the Fireworks. I used the same pair and bred very few Dragons (none of the Fireworks' colors, BTW, and no tri-color Dragons, but I did breed a Life and a Fruitful which are Snowman and L and R Heart Dragon and Fruitful Dragon colors respectively)... and then out came my second Diamond.

For those who are still Diamond-less, if I could keep breeding Diamonds endlessly, I would more than happily give each and every one of you one.

(Though I would ask very nicely for 1 Elf or 1 Fireworks in exchange... or maybe 1 Pumpkin if anyone had spares! ;))

It really is up to some sort of 'luck' and RNG I guess. I never thought something like this could happen or would happen, but... well... so much for that.

7Riptide
02-15-13, 07:46 AM
im only level 49 and my goal for now is only to get a diamond dragon, i started to breed diamond since i was level 20's and now im level 49 and still no luck, i was just focusing on clearing trees, expanding etc, my second island is almost clear, i bought a lots of white habitat for money, my dragongs in my album are only 39/83, i dont like to build a decorated island if i dont have diamond.

now i feels so bored coz i failed all over and over again. i just tried a lots of diffrent 4 elements, now my couple is fairy and mismoth, i think i am near on quiting. :eek:

betsyb514
02-15-13, 07:58 AM
im only level 49 and my goal for now is only to get a diamond dragon, i started to breed diamond since i was level 20's and now im level 49 and still no luck, i was just focusing on clearing trees, expanding etc, my second island is almost clear, i bought a lots of white habitat for money, my dragongs in my album are only 39/83, i dont like to build a decorated island if i dont have diamond.

now i feels so bored coz i failed all over and over again. i just tried a lots of diffrent 4 elements, now my couple is fairy and mismoth, i think i am near on quiting. :eek:

Don't give up! I just got a Diamond yesterday. Try this, it has worked for me twice! When you go to the breeding den look for two dragons that are consecutive, one above the other, that make a 4 or more element combo. Choose the top one on the left and the bottom one for the right. I got my diamond on the third try yesterday. I had a Genie and then right below it was a Life. Genie on the left, Life on the right. Both were level 4. Stick with the same combo for a few tries, I usually give it 5. Good luck!!!

Manaphio
02-15-13, 07:59 AM
Use coral and fairy

hamadrys
02-15-13, 08:30 AM
I used Aurora and Eagle. I got it after 15 fails which is actually not bad at all. This combo also gives you possibility to get other dragons that you may be missing. It is a win-win situation :)

sweetstuff525
02-15-13, 09:17 AM
Don't obsess over trying getting a diamond ... Try getting other dragons and hopefully you'll get diamond while trying for other dragons... Plus since you are still missing alot of dragons try using 4 colors while trying so you get a shot of a diamond

J85909266
02-15-13, 11:00 AM
Just breed lots of colors.

Caesar and Super is a great combo because it has so many possible outcomes.

gannicus88
02-18-13, 06:56 AM
I used to really enjoy this game but now it just feels like a chore.
I just wait and collect , wait and collect , wait for life to hatch , wait and collect , wait for life to hatch ..............
For me there needs to be something added to keep me and other haters playing ( something interactive and challenging would be nice )

Doubt much will change tho so not gonna hold my breath

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 07:09 AM
Would be nice to have sort of a contest thing between neighbors...

kwhales
02-18-13, 07:10 AM

Would be nice if I could give you one of my diamonds

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 07:12 AM
Would be nice if I could give you one of my diamonds

I'd send you one of my fireworks and add in the baby mismoth!

moostermine
02-18-13, 07:26 AM

You could start one! Winner gets gold from everyone else for a week!

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 07:43 AM
You could start one! Winner gets gold from everyone else for a week!

That could be cool! But if someone fails a lot they won't have much gold, eheheh. XD what could we do, anyway?

moostermine
02-18-13, 07:48 AM
That could be cool! But if someone fails a lot they won't have much gold, eheheh. XD what could we do, anyway?

First to get a new dragon, most of a common dragon in a certain time, ummmmmm......get nbrs to vote on most original decor, I dunno, have to think some more! And you really aren't losing any gold, maybe just not getting some if one of your gold buddies has to send it to someone else for a few days, lol!

gannicus88
02-18-13, 07:52 AM
i would give away loads of dragons if i could

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 05:54 PM
First to get a new dragon, most of a common dragon in a certain time, ummmmmm......get nbrs to vote on most original decor, I dunno, have to think some more! And you really aren't losing any gold, maybe just not getting some if one of your gold buddies has to send it to someone else for a few days, lol!

I can imagine it being a big mess. Ehehehe :D

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 05:55 PM
I can imagine it being a big mess. Ehehehe :D

(As in: everyone posting on other neighbors' walls: I just bred one more! Mahahaha! Lol...imagine the spam xD)

Spiceshirl
03-20-13, 10:26 PM
I'm at Level 94 :rolleyes: but it I don't feel special because everywhere I turn there is a level 94 player!! I have been playing since July 2012, 98/100 dragons Dragon total 108 with 5 diamond and 5 infinity but I still don't feel special!! I hope you want to know why!! Read on!! Firstly, Infinity is a 'white Elephant' TL has made it no longer breedable in their last update so I don't feel special! Secondly, diamonds are popping up everywhere it took me up to level 53 before I set sights on my first diamond! Now since December 2012, I'm visiting payers at level 15 with more diamonds than you can check firestorms!! Thirdly, I'm not rewarded with anything that you can't get at level 5!! There is no extra den, no extra habitats, No LAVA Diamond Reward nothing!! :rolleyes: But each day I open my game, each day I plant my food, each day I visit my nbrs with the hope that one day!! It will say Team Lava rewarded you X because at level 94 you are special to us!! :rolleyes:

redskyjuice
03-20-13, 10:49 PM
It's a game of chance and pretty much all you are getting is personal satisfaction of breeding a dragon that you want in your island. What else is there to this game? And as far as levels go, there's no point to it I never paid attention to it because like you said, players at 15 can basically get everything we can.

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-21-13, 12:22 AM
Please.
Some people have better luck than others when it comes to breeding diamond/infinity.
I have a good number of neighbours without either. And I think it's pretty cool that lower level players can breed diamonds early on. When I first started I thought "omg, I'm never gonna get a diamond. The required breeding parents unknown! What the heezy did that mean?"

I love going into the diamond post and seeing people getting excited about their first diamond. Even if they are a lower level player. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy inside!

TL aren't here to make anyone feel special.

And btw, number of habitats is now 41. :D

I guess I'm not really fussed by people who are also at level 94. At least I know those players can share lots of frustrations that I've had. :D

If you *really* want to feel un-special, try being an android/kindle player. Unless of course you already are.

salinho
03-21-13, 01:07 AM
This is hilarious!!

"took me up to level 53 before I set sights on my first diamond!"

I have also been playing since July. Been level 94 on my main account for months, since before Christmas, and no diamond in sight. I can't understand your reason for complaint, I seriously can't.
Also, "first diamond"? What, you have more than one? Well, that's just peachy. Really it is. You can imagine how I feel about someone complaining diamond isn't special anymore... To me, it is. Guess it's just a matter of point of view. If you still hadn't bred a diamond, like me, or had just bred it recently, I am sure you would change your mind.

I like having a lot of max level players, most of them have been playing with me for months now.
One day the level cap will raise again, so what's with all the fuss?
As redskkyjuice says, this is a game of chance and the goal is to collect dragons.

shortyrules2
03-21-13, 02:07 AM
This is hilarious!!

"took me up to level 53 before I set sights on my first diamond!"

I have also been playing since July. Been level 94 on my main account for months, since before Christmas, and no diamond in sight. I can't understand your reason for complaint, I seriously can't.
Also, "first diamond"? What, you have more than one? Well, that's just peachy. Really it is. You can imagine how I feel about someone complaining diamond isn't special anymore... To me, it is. Guess it's just a matter of point of view. If you still hadn't bred a diamond, like me, or had just bred it recently, I am sure you would change your mind.

I like having a lot of max level players, most of them have been playing with me for months now.
One day the level cap will raise again, so what's with all the fuss?
As redskkyjuice says, this is a game of chance and the goal is to collect dragons.

I feel the same way. I've been at lvl 94 for a few months and i STILL don't have a diamond either. I think the only way i'm going to get a diamond is to buy it. But at least it's fun to try and breed them.

scottyhaha
03-21-13, 08:34 AM
I'm at Level 94 :rolleyes: but it I don't feel special because everywhere I turn there is a level 94 player!! I have been playing since July 2012, 98/100 dragons Dragon total 108 with 5 diamond and 5 infinity but I still don't feel special!! I hope you want to know why!! Read on!! Firstly, Infinity is a 'white Elephant' TL has made it no longer breedable in their last update so I don't feel special! Secondly, diamonds are popping up everywhere it took me up to level 53 before I set sights on my first diamond! Now since December 2012, I'm visiting payers at level 15 with more diamonds than you can check firestorms!! Thirdly, I'm not rewarded with anything that you can't get at level 5!! There is no extra den, no extra habitats, No LAVA Diamond Reward nothing!! :rolleyes: But each day I open my game, each day I plant my food, each day I visit my nbrs with the hope that one day!! It will say Team Lava rewarded you X because at level 94 you are special to us!! :rolleyes:
Really!!! 98/100 dragons!!! You don't feel anything special that's you have all that dragons.
Maybe all the dragons come to you very easily. To me all the super rare pink hybrid black hybrid and diamond/hybrid they are all special.

topherocious
03-21-13, 08:47 AM
I can't say I relate to your post because I've never had trouble getting dragons. Heck, I've gotten like 7 Fireworks and 5 Elves. The only dragon that's given me trouble is the newly released Dark Angel, but I can be patient and wait for him. I wish you much luck and hopefully you'll get back in the swing of things and get the dragons you desire!

topherocious
03-21-13, 08:50 AM
I feel the same way. I've been at lvl 94 for a few months and i STILL don't have a diamond either. I think the only way i'm going to get a diamond is to buy it. But at least it's fun to try and breed them.

I decided early on to not stress about Diamond since it was so hard to get. So I worked my way down the list of dragons, at the time, and I was a few weeks in at level 94 when I decided it was time to start breeding for Diamond. I had all the the other dragons, so why not? I guess it took me another week or two before I had that glorious timer stating what I had been after. My lucky combination for Diamond Dragon? Mirage and Magic.

Spiceshirl
03-21-13, 08:52 AM

I'm not complaining because I do have lots of diamond and infinities they are not my best dragon! My most loved dragon is a Charm I love the mermaid look!! :rolleyes:What am really saying is that I wish there is something remarkable that no one can get unless they are level 94!!! ;)oh that will be great!!!

scottyhaha
03-21-13, 08:57 AM
I'm not complaining because I do have lots of diamond and infinities they are not my best dragon! My most loved dragon is a Charm I love the mermaid look!! :rolleyes:What am really saying is that I wish there is something remarkable that no one can get unless they are level 94!!! ;)oh that will be great!!!

Well you can put that in suggestion (something for lvl 94 only)

drevo77
03-21-13, 09:12 AM
Please.
Some people have better luck than others when it comes to breeding diamond/infinity.
I have a good number of neighbours without either. And I think it's pretty cool that lower level players can breed diamonds early on. When I first started I thought "omg, I'm never gonna get a diamond. The required breeding parents unknown! What the heezy did that mean?"

I love going into the diamond post and seeing people getting excited about their first diamond. Even if they are a lower level player. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy inside!

TL aren't here to make anyone feel special.

And btw, number of habitats is now 41. :D

I guess I'm not really fussed by people who are also at level 94. At least I know those players can share lots of frustrations that I've had. :D

If you *really* want to feel un-special, try being an android/kindle player. Unless of course you already are. Agreed, I have account on android, and it is dire compared to IOS features., as for Elf, is he really that special? lol

Darkstorm2
03-21-13, 09:26 AM
Well you can put that in suggestion (something for lvl 94 only)

Everyone and their sister is at level 94. It means nothing. They have to raise the max level and make things available to those over level 150 or something

flowless
03-21-13, 11:29 AM
I didn't read all the comments

But u got a diamond trying for elf

Elf is only yellow and green I think

U are probably breeding four different colors trying for both fireworks and elf
Which doesn't help , way too many possibilities

Snowman was the hardest for me
Even harder than my diamond and my unicorn
And I also was under the impressions that it would soon have a timer on its head
And it would pumpkin story all over again
But as long as there was no timer I kept trying
And I got it eventually

Keep trying and use only two colors that are needed
And don't get nervous about it up till there is an actual timer

lollipop_rp
03-21-13, 12:29 PM
I get many surprises too (including diamond)
I tried to get some pink hybrids with scare crow and virtue (I hated scarecrow until now) turns out I get a diamond!
I tried for moon and I get a hypnotic (not a big deal but yeah.. I was expecting a coral or luck or winter)
I tried for elf and got parakeet
I tried for fireworks and got my 3rd seabreeze of the week, which I didn't know was rare and sold. Or is it uncommon? I don't remember
Also, I got clown trying for firworks
I tried for snowman and got landworm
I tried for night and got 3 more wizards, an aether and of course corals!

As you can see surprises pop up, but why quit for that reason? It's just a game, have fun with it!
P.S- this is on my other acct. ask for my ID if you wanted me to prove it. I like the name of this acct. so I use it on the forums. This is my "gold sending acct."

sheri35tazz
03-21-13, 09:19 PM
I just keep keep cross breeding until I get a dragon I don't have. Some I just sell, others I feed enough to trade them in the portal to get gems for the spell shop.

mica4817
04-07-13, 10:11 PM
Why does TL make it like pulling good teeth too get the dragons we need? It's a never ending story of getting the same one's over & over & over. This game is getting boring & it reminds me of real life. Cn't get what we need & the prices of everything. Real life verses DS, basically the same. At least I think & feel. It's past boring now

SybreTiger
04-07-13, 11:43 PM
Honestly, TL has stopped caring about it's fans and are just too greedy for money. We were told LE dragons were no longer LE due to fan demand of keeping them around, yet we were lied to, as they've been removing all seasonal dragons one by one. They now split every new dragon, pinks, darks, mythical, making them near impossible to get hybrids. They've greatly increased the food costs to feed dragons, it now takes me 2 weeks to gather enough food to feed ONE dragon to epic, that's just beyond ridiculous.

This game used to be fun and addicting to me, I've spent well over $100 on gold, but TL will never get another dime from me. I've gone to being a casual player on DS, not truly caring anymore, but not fully quitting like I want to so often.

MazReptile
04-08-13, 01:07 AM
Tbh I've been a DS player for nearly a year. Dragons used to be easier to breed but now with the new dragon elements it's just got ridiculous :/ and feed costs are too high and now it seems habitat costs are gonna be high in the future (mythic being 6,000,000 ) this game is slowly losing fun for me. I'm sick of getting same dragons over and over.

Cyclohexane
04-09-13, 05:30 PM
Now that I am level 92 I have accumulated over 300,000 food and over $26 million in coin (including owning multiple black and a mythic habitat). I have nothing left to do.

I really want the Passion dragon and tried extensively for about 1 month when it first came out (I got the left and right hand dragons pretty quick). I gave up when all the exclusive dragons started coming out and decided I would come back later.

Well it is now later. I have tried 12 times in 12 days and got the magic dragon on every single try. I figured I would get left / right or athletic on a few and at least get to try more than once but nope, I get the ?rare? magic dragon exclusively.

Until I get this dragon I have nothing to do. It is pointless to collect coin or grow food as I have more than enough and new dragons do not seem to come my way anymore. I only have 1 black hybrid and the basic mythic dragon. They are already epic.

As an android player it would be nice to trade / craft so I could clean up island but I cannot even do that.

I am not going to use gold to try to speed it up because I did that initially (spent 100 and stopped) and I need to save for a diamond dragon. I have 900 gold so it is within reach of saving, but that is a whole different story of disapointment. This account is nothing like my wife's. She has diamond and passion and got them at a much lower level. I?ve already given up on Easter and leaf. Just no time to try them all and I?m not sure if passion will expire.

Is it me or does the game seem to penalize you when you gain levels? My strategy has always been the same (use epic rares or super-rares when possible) but I got much more super rares at lower levels. Perhaps level does not matter but TL has altered the spawning algorithm.

I?m about ready to give up. I only play about 5 minutes a day now.

1.) Create new magic dragon
2.) Gift gold to neighbors
3.) See if I?m ready to expand (each slot now takes over a week ? 3 day expand, 3 days to get maps (only 20 a day), and then another day to clear land.

A once fun game is now boring. New dragons mean nothing to me; I can?t obtain the one I want.
Android needs more features to **** time between failures.
These common dragons need shorter spawn lengths or the algorithm needs to be changed back to what it was.
Lower the price of dragons. I would buy the dragon for 50 - 500 gold. There is no way I'd spend over 1,000 on a dragon if I had to pay for it. In comparison, I can buy an awesome video game for $50

kurebiz
04-09-13, 05:40 PM
Passion is super rare, can be obtained only from breeding left and right. Not athletic. I got mine after about a week when it was released. So can't really say much. I don't think level plays a part, probably because the rates were changed.

Cyclohexane
04-09-13, 05:58 PM
Passion is super rare, can be obtained only from breeding left and right. Not athletic. I got mine after about a week when it was released. So can't really say much. I don't think level plays a part, probably because the rates were changed.

Yea no kidding, I'm well aware how to breed it. With the exception of all my apostrophes turning into question marks, its quite legible...

hamadrys
04-09-13, 06:00 PM
Passion was the hardest for me to get. 25 tries. 24 fails with Magics, Left hearts, right hearts, athletics. Absolute madness. I remember the last time I put my LH and RH in the breeding den, I was totally expecting a fail and then...got the 16 hours.
Hang in there. I do not think that the RH, LH and Passion are going to be on here much longer before they are labelled limited and get a timer.

alphaiceman
04-09-13, 06:07 PM
I feel your pain about the passion. I still don't have one either and I tried for a month straight after the LH/ RH were accumulated. However, you should try to max out your XP. There's no incentive but its still nice to be maxed-out. Also, I had over 440,000 food saved before the black dragons came out, then it depleted very very quickly. Don't stop planting! You'll need it!

accisse
04-09-13, 06:07 PM
Hang in there. I tried for passion almost the whole time between Feb and now, and only just got it yesterday. Only took a few breaks to breed other dragons (total break time was probably around a week.) It was so so discouraging but nothing beats the joy of expecting another 20 hour, then seeing 16 hours instead. But that's not to say I'll ever put LH and RH in the den ever again!

I feel you with those other concerns (and a lot of people over at the android parity thread would too.)

DragonTan1
04-09-13, 06:31 PM
I got Passion on my first try, but I've seen a lot of people having trouble with it. Also the game does get boring the more you level up because like you said expanding and waiting for maps. I tried a lot for the Diamond hybrids (Mercury, Anubis, Angel, Unicorn, Dark Angel) and keep getting the same fails over and over... I'll stop now and go for the other dragons that I need, the moment I did I got Leopard which was great!

loki_freedom
04-09-13, 07:52 PM
just 1 week ago when chocolate was announced as limited, i just realize i dun have a pink dragon :mad:
by the time my pink dragon reached lvl 4, the dragon was gone:(

1cherryblossom
04-09-13, 08:02 PM
It's not that I have all the dragons that I have nothing to breed. But what's there left to breed? Pinks and blacks keep breaking, resulting in the same old dragons. Ever time I see the timer on the breeding den , I can already tell which dragon I'm getting. Not a fun game anymore.

midnightmeerkat
04-09-13, 08:16 PM
It's not that I have all the dragons that I have nothing to breed. But what's there left to breed? Pinks and blacks keep breaking, resulting in the same old dragons. Ever time I see the timer on the breeding den , I can already tell which dragon I'm getting. Not a fun game anymore.
Maybe its time to take a break and do something else for a while.... You can always start to play again later when you are refreshed.

elwood99
04-10-13, 06:08 AM
I dont understand why cant you guys save up gold n buy elf n fireworks. Elf is only 500gold. Takes 3-4 mths to save up n buy it.

elwood99
04-10-13, 06:13 AM
This game is like life you cant have everything you want. Because of the speed in which new dragons are introduced n dissapear because it is limited, and the difficulty then dont expect to have every dragon.

elwood99
04-10-13, 06:17 AM
I dont understand why cant you guys save up gold n buy elf n fireworks. Elf is only 500gold. Takes 3-4 mths to save up n buy it.

Oops i mean save up to buy dragons you target. Another thing is to aim for multiple targets. Suppose one doesnt have easter, eagle, diamonds n infinity. Then one should aim for combos to give possibility of all those targets

glitterbabies
04-14-13, 08:03 AM
I keep getting the same dragons!! I've gotten the magic twice, the fruitful 3 times and now I've gotten the firestorm 3 times too.

do you get a different dragon if you let it hatch naturally than you'd get if you speed up the hatching?

I don't get how I keep getting these same three type dragons over and over.

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 08:05 AM
Who knows..

glitterbabies
04-14-13, 08:18 AM
Who knows..

lol thanks that was a helpful comment... ;o)

I think I'm just going to spend all my gold and then quit paying to hatch/breed. I've spent almost $50 on gold in the last 4 days (just started playing) and figured out it's kind of a racket to get you to spend more money because you become obsessed with getting the dragon you want so you keep breeding and hatching them.

danni7788
04-14-13, 08:19 AM
I know it seems really frustrating, but the game just takes patience and persistence to finally get what you want. You arent doing anything wrong! When I was going for left heart, I got 17 magics in a row before finally getting it. And I'm currently trying for a night hybrid and have been unsuccessful 13 times (still don't have any).

Letting the dragon hatch or speeding it up doesn't make a difference either. And sometimes you will get lucky and get something within your first few tries. A suggestion that I've heard is to keep trying with the same colors instead of switching around a lot. Good luck!!

lollipop_rp
04-14-13, 08:33 AM
A suggestion that I've heard is to keep trying with the same colors instead of switching around a lot. Good luck!!

I agree,
Switching them up does not help me at all

cedkugedchgd
04-14-13, 08:52 AM
I agree,
Switching them up does not help me at all

keep trying with the same color and breeding order don't increase your chances at all! i tried for my 1st wizard over 50 times, always with the same combo and order. then i decided to change the combination and got it on 2nd try.

kwhales
04-14-13, 09:04 AM
Don't spend gold to speed breed. It won't change the outcome. Once the dragons are making magic, the egg has already been determined by TL what dragon will be the outcome. So spending gold won't change that fact. When trying for a certain dragon, use the same dragons, in the same order for at least 5 tries. More is better. If you don't succeed, switch the order. Try again. Still no luck, switch dragons but use the same elements. Try again.

We all know how frustrating it is. We have all been there and are currently there. I tried for mythic, easter and scorpion for a week. No luck. So I just moved on to something else.

It gets frustrating too to see and read about other players who keep getting the dragon you want over and over again, and you can't get it once.
When you can't take it any more, breed for something else, or just throw two dragons into the den and wish for the best. Sometimes surprises happen and its a great feeling. Good Luck.

sweetstuff525
04-14-13, 09:11 AM
Patience ... I've gotten 6 magic since peacock was released and still no peacock

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 09:28 AM

I think I'm just going to spend all my gold and then quit paying to hatch/breed. I've spent almost $50 on gold in the last 4 days (just started playing) and figured out it's kind of a racket to get you to spend more money because you become obsessed with getting the dragon you want so you keep breeding and hatching them.

Hehe yw :P Of course I meant that you cant know if something changes when you boost the breeding! It s like searching for a hand wich always win in poker! Only a thought but unreal. And I could add welcome in the Dragon story team, only thing you REALLY need is patience.

kwhales
04-14-13, 09:31 AM
Hehe yw :P Of course I meant that you cant know if something changes when you boost the breeding! It s like searching for a hand wich always win in poker! Only a thought but unreal. And I could add welcome in the Dragon story team, only thing you REALLY need is patience.

and us to vent too.

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 09:34 AM

And please keep your money for something really important. Your gold will help you more when you will be on higher levels. Yes I also wanted every dragons but because I m not so rich I v learn to wait. Dont focus on only one dragon, the more you try the less it happens.

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 09:37 AM
and us to vent too.

Lol true ! :-)

teogionia
04-14-13, 09:49 AM
Patience ... I've gotten 6 magic since peacock was released and still no peacock

How possibly u could get magic while trying for peacock?

salinho
04-14-13, 10:05 AM

Um. Peacock is purple. Magic is purple. Do the math. :)

doop01
04-14-13, 09:27 PM

yep :) it's the same as mythic and atlas. got my atlas with diamond/mythic and I got peacock with diamond/magic :)

miget411
04-14-13, 09:44 PM
Don't spend gold to speed breed. It won't change the outcome. Once the dragons are making magic, the egg has already been determined by TL what dragon will be the outcome. So spending gold won't change that fact. When trying for a certain dragon, use the same dragons, in the same order for at least 5 tries. More is better. If you don't succeed, switch the order. Try again. Still no luck, switch dragons but use the same elements. Try again.

We all know how frustrating it is. We have all been there and are currently there. I tried for mythic, easter and scorpion for a week. No luck. So I just moved on to something else.

It gets frustrating too to see and read about other players who keep getting the dragon you want over and over again, and you can't get it once.
When you can't take it any more, breed for something else, or just throw two dragons into the den and wish for the best. Sometimes surprises happen and its a great feeling. Good Luck.

That helped me get peacock. Thanks a ton!

poppyliciousmaddie
04-15-13, 02:29 AM
Last year i was sooooooo angry at DS as i was stuck for months without any luck of breeding any good dragons (kept getting life, fruit, firestorm etc) that I decided to quit playing DS. 3 months later my mom orders me to start playing again... to send her gold everyday. It was only after months of absence that I manage to have luck getting dragons again.

In Feb this year, i lost all breeding luck and wanted to quit again. When i returned 2 weeks later... TA DA!!! My luck came back for a bit. Manage to get all my valentines dragons. When mythic came out, i did the same tactic again. I left DS all alone for a week. When i returned, i got a 4 leaf clover and easter dragon while trying for Mythic. And now the luck is gone again. Its quite sad that I have to resort to this method just to have the tiniest luck in getting anything good.

So yes... in this game its really all about patience, perseverance and strategy. I got my crusader dragon from breeding a pure diamond & fire. Took me about 200 - 300 tries a day x 3 days to finally get it.

Why oh why did TL had to make breeding so darn difficult. sigh.

opanugie
04-15-13, 02:44 AM
Difficult means that we have to buy the golds

poppyliciousmaddie
04-15-13, 03:37 AM
Difficult means that we have to buy the golds

That's the developers objective i guess. The harder it is the more frustrated you get. And when that happens... you might just buy gold and that's how they make money.

I've only bought gold once and that too was expensive for me (due to currency conversion). So i save golds given from friends for anything i need like a new nest but never for a new dragon.

kurebiz
04-15-13, 03:47 AM
Last year i was sooooooo angry at DS as i was stuck for months without any luck of breeding any good dragons (kept getting life, fruit, firestorm etc) that I decided to quit playing DS. 3 months later my mom orders me to start playing again... to send her gold everyday. It was only after months of absence that I manage to have luck getting dragons again.

In Feb this year, i lost all breeding luck and wanted to quit again. When i returned 2 weeks later... TA DA!!! My luck came back for a bit. Manage to get all my valentines dragons. When mythic came out, i did the same tactic again. I left DS all alone for a week. When i returned, i got a 4 leaf clover and easter dragon while trying for Mythic. And now the luck is gone again. Its quite sad that I have to resort to this method just to have the tiniest luck in getting anything good.

So yes... in this game its really all about patience, perseverance and strategy. I got my crusader dragon from breeding a pure diamond & fire. Took me about 200 - 300 tries a day x 3 days to finally get it.

Why oh why did TL had to make breeding so darn difficult. sigh.

I once tried to breed quetzal for an hour, I was unsuccessful. So I went to breed something else, and the next day, i tried again. got it quickly!

poppyliciousmaddie
04-15-13, 04:31 AM
I once tried to breed quetzal for an hour, I was unsuccessful. So I went to breed something else, and the next day, i tried again. got it quickly!

WOW. what combo was your quetzal? I tried that tactic with the crusader at first. Got fed up after a day. Few days later my mom insisted on me trying for it again (a friend of hers got it from that combo on 2nd try). And 3 days later... i finally got it. DS making us all jump thru hoops to get what we want.

kurebiz
04-15-13, 04:40 AM
WOW. what combo was your quetzal? I tried that tactic with the crusader at first. Got fed up after a day. Few days later my mom insisted on me trying for it again (a friend of hers got it from that combo on 2nd try). And 3 days later... i finally got it. DS making us all jump thru hoops to get what we want.

just the usual forest with diamond. for those 2 diamond hybrids, I prefer not to rush through it, try for a while, if I don't succeed, stop and try again at another time. then it wont be so frustrating then trying for so long and not having it.

poppyliciousmaddie
04-15-13, 05:50 AM
just the usual forest with diamond. for those 2 diamond hybrids, I prefer not to rush through it, try for a while, if I don't succeed, stop and try again at another time. then it wont be so frustrating then trying for so long and not having it.

Thanks for the advise! Will keep in mind the next time I brave another diamond hybrid! :)

Cyclohexane
04-16-13, 11:54 AM
Since my last post, 4 more magic, 2 right heart, and currently have an athletic breeding. This will be my SIXTH athletic and around my 40-50 magic.

I am now 2.5 months of straight breeding for passion.

I give up everything else. I will not be distracted by any new dragon, limited or not. IM SICK OF LIMITED DRAGONS AND REFUSE TO PLAY THEM ANYMORE.

I am going to play until I get passion or they remove it. If they remove it, I am out. Done with this horrible game.

If I get it, I'll continue with this awesome game.

RotomGuy
04-16-13, 11:58 AM
Since my last post, 4 more magic, 2 right heart, and currently have an athletic breeding. This will be my SIXTH athletic and around my 40-50 magic.

I give up everything else. I will not be distracted by any new dragon, limited or not. IM SICK OF LIMITED DRAGONS AND REFUSE TO PLAY THEM ANYMORE.

I am going to play until I get passion or they remove it. If they remove it, I am out. Done with this horrible game.

Pah I've been going 4 months for Kite. But good lucking getting your Passion!

Baraze
04-16-13, 12:05 PM

If you get it, then good. If you dont, then let another dragon gain your "passion" if you think the game is awesome. Sometimes the numbers arent in our side and we dont get what we want. If you have two diamonds try those. Thats how I got my passion. I dont care about this hideous dragon because I sold mine and its habitat. I ask myself if i want to try again to make my album full. The answer is a quick no.

mica4817
04-26-13, 02:26 PM
Why do we keep getting the same ol basic dragons while using hard too get (rare & super rare) dragons? This is getting pretty old for every player :(

SuziMisterman
04-28-13, 07:56 PM
I'm happy to see that others feel the same way I do. I spent more than what I should have on this game. This game is very expensive in most aspect of the game. I expanded as much as I'm going to. I find the expansions to expensive, 110,000 to expand then, another, 800,000 or so to clear a bush. To frustrating! I have sold over 60 dragons because I already have them, even more than 2 of each. To breed, hatch, only to have to sell......I gave up breeding. My personal goal is to take the 33 dragons ( most are multiples) to Epic, then to me, my game is finished. I understand it costs money to run these games but when the fun is no longer there, it's time to move on. One thing I've learned is, I bought a few games at 6.99 , no more money involved, I get hours of enjoyment for no other cost.

lizzygee23
04-29-13, 09:59 AM
I'm with you guys, I rarely get the dragon I'm breeding for either. I try and try and try and never get what I'm after but I have friends, family and in-game neighbors who get what their hoping for on the first try all the time! So what makes one player get all the luck but not another? I've been busting my behind for the Easter dragon but didn't get it and now it's gone... But in the process I got the mythic and was excited, so I went to buy the habitat and realized it costs 6 million coins!!! I only have 3 million coins. So I have a couple of options...

A. Sell my mythic after it hatches and hope I'm lucky enough to get another later.
B. Leave it in the nest for almost 2 weeks while I save up the coins, therefore not being able to breed anything else.
C. Cough up real cash to buy another breeding den or to buy gold to swap for coins so I can get the habitat now.

None of these options make me happy. And let's say I do use cash to speed things up... The habitat probably takes a day or 2 to build. But I'm not gonna use gold to speed it up now that the cost of speeding things up has been doubled.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I DON'T like spending real money on these games. I think we all just need to ask ourselves if continuing to play this game is worth the real life stress it's obviously causing us.

hamadrys
04-29-13, 10:01 AM
Maybe a good compromise is to buy another nest. It will be useful all the time. That way you can continue playing, and not sell your egg while you collect coins.

lizzygee23
04-29-13, 10:08 AM
I'm happy to see that others feel the same way I do. I spent more than what I should have on this game. This game is very expensive in most aspect of the game. I expanded as much as I'm going to. I find the expansions to expensive, 110,000 to expand then, another, 800,000 or so to clear a bush. To frustrating! I have sold over 60 dragons because I already have them, even more than 2 of each. To breed, hatch, only to have to sell......I gave up breeding. My personal goal is to take the 33 dragons ( most are multiples) to Epic, then to me, my game is finished. I understand it costs money to run these games but when the fun is no longer there, it's time to move on. One thing I've learned is, I bought a few games at 6.99 , no more money involved, I get hours of enjoyment for no other cost.

I couldn't agree more about paying to download the game and having that be the all the money you spend on it. But even is they charged 6.99 for it, they'd prob only make a percent or two of what they do by selling gems. The smallest gem package costs 4.99 and most people buy it on a regular basis. I guess from a business stand point, it's dang smart of them. But from our customer view, it's just plain greedy. And I get that somebody has to pay for these games to stay up and running with continuous updates, but if we could just get more for our money, I bet we'd all feel so much better about spending it.

lizzygee23
04-29-13, 10:10 AM
Maybe a good compromise is to buy another nest. It will be useful all the time. That way you can continue playing, and not sell your egg while you collect coins.

Ya that's the smartest option but I'd have to spend $20 bucks, and I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it lol

05-07-13, 06:30 AM
I'm an avid player that's probably spent way too much money on this game 😡 I keep getting repeat dragons, never anything new unless I buy it out right. You are making the new dragons and habitats way too expensive to buy unless you spend actual money on the game. You keep adding new dragons but unless you spend $100 real money you almost never get to own them..it's not fair..I've been trying for MONTHS to get an Anubis dragon because I refuse to spend a single $100 on 1 dragon and I keep getting magic dragons, even though I've bought the stupid diamond cave that I've gotten nothing by having it except more stupid magic dragons..more gold to speed up the 20hr dud times and I'm getting tired of it. You should make the more expensive ones a bit more realistic to own. I can't tell you how much money I've spent on your game trying to get the "cool super or ultra rare" dragons. I really wish you'd compensate me somehow. I can't do dragon quests..no outpost...or any battles...no stadium..my islands name is apoptygma and my storm ID is avatarofwoe5. Please,please try to do something for me as I've spent much on your game.

ncpsg06
05-08-13, 10:08 AM
Hi,
I can completely understand your frustration even with the ultimate dragon popping up unexpectedly. I can also understand how having that ultra rare dragon pop up when you have been trying desperately for a much simpler dragon can add to the frustration. I have been trying for over 3 weeks non stop to breed a Caesar dragon with no luck. The Caesar is only a rare but I have gotten a ton of Fruitfuls and a few others including a few super rare dragons. I have had to sell everyone as I can only keep so many of any one kind of dragon. I take care of my island along with my kid's islands. It is highly frustrating sometimes. On my daughters game they have just doubled to cost of habitats! Dont know why.
Good luck and best wishes.

I hope you find your enthusiasm for the game once again.

ncpsg06
05-08-13, 10:12 AM
Hi,
My island name is Alagasia. I have been trying for weeks if not over a month to breed a Caesar dragon. I cant get it. I have tried every combination of white, yellow and green but nothing works. Can you tell me how you got yours? Please!!!!!!
You can be my neighbor at ncpsg06.
Thank you,
Katie

elitaserina
05-08-13, 10:34 AM
i know how you feel. i haven't been able to breed any dragons i need. diamond, pinks, blacks, arora, mirage etc etc. i swear i only get corals, athletic, mists nothing i want. it's really really disheartening and to see the dragons start to get taken away when i seem to have no hope of breeding them. come on TL! if you are going to discontinue dragons make it a possibility to breed them! i like this game i want to play this game i want to have fun doing it. but it's turned into a frustrating mess! i know if it upsets me so much why don't i just stop playing it? i keep hoping that eventually they will fix it. i see all these people who are really into this game and they are all saying the same thing when i was trying for a fourleaf all i ever got was fruitfulls i ended up feeling sick to my stomach every time i saw it's egg. i never did get one i stopped trying cause i couldn't stand getting another fruitfull lol. anyway please listen TL!

elitaserina
05-08-13, 11:04 AM
Sorry for the delay in reply!

To answer the statement in particular about accidentally breeding Diamonds and how that pretty much isn't possible, this is what I was thinking about when I finally - out of sheer desperation - tossed in four colors because none of my basic color combos were doing the trick:

(TLDR; It IS possible to breed a Diamond Dragon by accident simply given HOW UNLIKELY it is supposed to be to breed one!)

1) My basic hybrid color combos weren't doing the trick.

Literally, trying to breed for an Elf using the two colors was getting me absolutely nowhere as an endless chain of Fruitfuls and the occasional Fairy popped out.

Literally, trying to breed for a Fireworks using the three colors was getting me nowhere, too, because the most popular combos that popped out all the flipping time were Firestorm with Magic and Mist occasionally poking their heads out. And, as everyone probably knows, of all Dragons I dislike seeing, Firestorms top my list because of the &%$# it gave me when I had been trying to breed for Pumpkin (and never got).

After trying the basic 3 colors for Fireworks after partly giving up on Elf and getting nowhere, I therefore concluded that adding a final different color could at LEAST give me variety to look at instead of Firestorm galore AND also give me the possibility of breeding EITHER an Elf OR a Fireworks.

Interestingly, once I added in the fourth color, I bred myself two Super Rares - a Scorpion and a Mindvolt that COULD have popped out when I was using the 3 colors... but never did.

Later, after popping out a few other varieties I already had, out popped the Diamond.

2) When 3 color hybrids were introduced, people were calling them 'Diamond ****ers' because it seemed like the number of Diamond Dragons being bred dropped.

The more possibilities there are, the lower the probability is to breed the one you are wanting. Of course. That's is why some of the advice is to stick with the same colors regardless of breeding trends... but that is ALSO why breeding for a Diamond becomes EVEN MORE of a challenge.

Instead of just all the 2 color hybrids, you now have -3- color hybrids to be concerned about and all of which are labeled as Rare and above.

Good luck getting that Diamond now, right?!

3) The Diamond Dragon is an ULTRA RARE.

This means that it is THE Rare of ALL RARES and should - in my calculations - be popping out ohhh say... NEVER?

In fact, it should be popping out with EVEN LESS frequency than the Fireworks so long as you have the color combination going.

Funny enough, not only did I not get a Fireworks... I also managed to breed myself - using the same pair - ANOTHER DIAMOND after popping out a Life, a Fruitful, and a second Scorpion (notice the total and complete lack of blue color in this sequence?).

That's right; I now have a SECOND Diamond on the way and this is using my same pair that I had used before!

Super Rare?! REALLY?

sorry what pair did you use?

noir77
05-08-13, 09:40 PM
The breeding is too hard. If it takes on average 20-30 tries, or more for one of the harder pinks/blacks/diamond hybrids then the novelty quickly wears off with no speeding. There are so many "hard" dragons right now, and new often hard to get ones introduced frequently, it's getting old quickly.

Darkstorm2
05-09-13, 01:41 PM
I don't have the battle arena, I can't send dragons out on missions, I have nothing to do other than grow food and feed my dragons. Getting really bored over here. I'm not asking for more habitats or a large diamond habitat anymore, just for something to do...

Sincerely,

Utopia
4.6 million experience
Missing firestorm dragon cause I sold 250 of them and I can't stand them
All expansions completed
Will work for food
Sold ~20 diamonds

DragonTan1
05-09-13, 01:47 PM
There is nothing to do for me too (except evolving and trying to get Quartz and nether dust) but I would prefer more habitats and big diamond habitats than quests and battle arena.

tr8on
05-09-13, 02:05 PM
Sounds like you have the same problem that most of the Monster Story players are having. :/

rusticjess
05-09-13, 02:34 PM
To keep my game interesting I just keep re-decorating and arranging my island. I never gave much attention to expansion and I'm way behind on that, so that still gives me something to do I suppose. Goes together with the decorating hobby

Darkstorm2
05-09-13, 04:35 PM
Nice... Now I have goals for dragon quests and battle arena but I have neither of these two items. Talk about a tease

DragonTan1
05-09-13, 04:36 PM
Nice... Now I have goals for dragon quests and battle arena but I have neither of these two items. Talk about a tease

Delete and install?

DragonTan1
05-09-13, 04:40 PM

Wait, go make a we want a big diamond habitat and let's see if we get that too lol

klaineisland
05-15-13, 12:38 AM
So after trying tirelessly for a Moon Dragon, I caved and bought the special package that included the gold, food, and a Moon Dragon. I don't usually have the cash to spend money on the game unless there's a really good sale, and I figured I'd treat myself for once.

Today, the day after I bought it, I bred my Night and Justice dragons and...got a Moon dragon. This wouldn't be so utterly frustrating if it didn't have such a huge breeding/hatching time, and that after countless attempts at getting ANY of the Night/Mythic/Cosmic dragons and failing, that I finally breed one, and it's the one I already have (and just bought!).

What makes the game fun for me are getting new dragons, and it is just completely disheartening when it takes weeks to get something new, and when other aspects of the game take tons of waiting time/money (ie clearing the island, evolving dragons, crafting dragons). I understand that they don't want to make the game so easy that you can clear everything and collect every single dragon in a month, but I feel like the two day breeding times and the exorbitant food amounts to evolve dragons now are downright extreme. And evolving dragons is a giant waiting game, choosing between evolving dragons for craft gems, or evolving dragons you're keeping.

It's no fun waiting days for something new to do or something new to accomplish in the game, it just isn't.

kurebiz
05-15-13, 01:18 AM
My evolving den is hardly being used at the moment, and I'm waiting for the time where I'd actually have to gripe with having insufficient food. Maybe TL should release dragons once a week and focus on getting android up to speed.

some people theorize that it is actually easier to get dragons once you've gotten them. So if you didn't purchase moon dragon from the package, you might not have bred it either..

addictmOde
05-15-13, 10:53 PM
I have Elf & Fireworks on my main acct. But I have a Snowman on an acct I don't use anymore :( Couldn't seem to get Snowman on my main before it was gone. I got Peacock on my 2nd acct, but can't seem to get it on my main. I still need a lot of dragons to finish quests, but I must forge on. Just got my Diamond Dragon & my first Diamond hybred :)

mexhid
05-18-13, 06:10 PM
Can u guys bring something new to the game it's getting really boring just bring something exciting to the game

Baraze
05-18-13, 06:21 PM
Oh boy, you just went right for the jugular. Do you have all of the dragons? Even the diamond hybrids? Crafted every dragon? Expanded fully? Have the wheel and won the hammerhead? Every dragon at epic? If your answer is no to all of them, then there is still yet things to do. And if you're bored then tough cookie. Because even with no features you may still find it a bore.

Just my half a nickel worth of opinions.

mamareader02
05-18-13, 06:24 PM
I'm finding there's TOO MUCH goin on in DS for me to enjoy it(especially if u don't buy gold).

DragonTan1
05-18-13, 06:32 PM
Oh boy, you just went right for the jugular. Do you have all of the dragons? Even the diamond hybrids? Crafted every dragon? Expanded fully? Have the wheel and won the hammerhead? Every dragon at epic? If your answer is no to all of them, then there is still yet things to do. And if you're bored then tough cookie. Because even with no features you may still find it a bore.

Just my half a nickel worth of opinions.

True lol

bigbux3
05-18-13, 06:41 PM
This game has too much going on. And there's still a lot of unofficial released features that I don't currently have. This game has more than enough content and features.
I wish Monster Story was the same way...

Baraze
05-18-13, 06:48 PM
This game has too much going on. And there's still a lot of unofficial released features that I don't currently have. This game has more than enough content and features.
I wish Monster Story was the same way...

Sniff, RIP. it was becoming one of my favorite games too.

picklylily
05-21-13, 05:46 AM
I'm tired of long fails. Virtue fails in particular. I didn't get any of the new pink and black dragons.
I just keep on getting Virtue and Wizard. I tried for Helios again and I get another Firestorm.
Most of my dragons are waiting in line for the healing spring. And I don't know what to breed anymore.
I know it's supposed to be challenging. But waiting for healing, waiting for long fails to breed, waiting is exhausting!
Ok, just had to get that out of my system. I'm gonna take a break for now. Zzzzzzzz

jua1978
05-21-13, 08:28 AM
I know how you feel! Been trying for ages for a diamond and nothing, now I have stopped, I am busy trying for other goal dragons now! Will first get all the other and then I will try last for the diamond. Makes me mad every time to get an island dragon

Oliver118
05-22-13, 11:12 PM
TL's releasing so many new dragons I can't cope! I'm trying to get Peacock, but at the same time I'm aware that Dawntree is seasonal and Cosmic is getting old so I need to get coins quickly. Now I've got a Fairytale dragon to cope with and I'm still waiting on my Lightning dragon, but I've been waiting on him for over 2 months! And I need to get gemstone dragons, but I'm not progressing much! I'm aware that Pearl is getting old and...I just can't do this!:mad:

DragonTan1
05-22-13, 11:15 PM
No the dragons are fine... It's the habitats that we need more of! Even though we can have 44 habitats now it's still not enough!

elwood99
05-23-13, 12:27 AM
TL's releasing so many new dragons I can't cope! I'm trying to get Peacock, but at the same time I'm aware that Dawntree is seasonal and Cosmic is getting old so I need to get coins quickly. Now I've got a Fairytale dragon to cope with and I'm still waiting on my Lightning dragon, but I've been waiting on him for over 2 months! And I need to get gemstone dragons, but I'm not progressing much! I'm aware that Pearl is getting old and...I just can't do this!:mad:

Dawntree is the easiest just watch news or somthing keep breeding forest n forest eventually you will get dawn tree. Gemstone dragons can wait do not rush, there are meant for you to trade unwanted duplicate dragons. Eventually you will get it. If i were you i try for gen1 super rare dragons because they era all endangered

dragonth
05-23-13, 01:18 AM
It's ok,many dragon is not bad

pegasus14
05-23-13, 09:26 AM
The bad part is taking away the other dragons that aren't LE or seasonal to make room. If we could at least get some sort of timeline as to what dragons are on the list to be destroyed instead of the seemingly crazy random order that they are using now we would know what to focus on.

My goal was to eventually have all of the dragons. But after missing Quetzal and not being offered the quest outpost or battle arena, this is impossible. I'm getting quite fed up with the whole thing.

Oliver118
05-23-13, 11:21 PM
Dawntree is the easiest just watch news or somthing keep breeding forest n forest eventually you will get dawn tree. Gemstone dragons can wait do not rush, there are meant for you to trade unwanted duplicate dragons. Eventually you will get it. If i were you i try for gen1 super rare dragons because they era all endangered

Well, I haven't got to that yet though! I still need to get a Peacock, but I'm breeding purple and yellow because I only have one Magic dragon. Also, I need space for all the habitats I'm going to need. I'm having to move dragons around now!

Oliver118
05-23-13, 11:23 PM
No the dragons are fine... It's the habitats that we need more of! Even though we can have 44 habitats now it's still not enough!

I perfectly agree with you! This is ridiculous! Also, the expansions take such a while to complete because of the excessive amount of Mystic Maps (I'm not necessarily worried about the coins, though.)

deamon506
05-29-13, 12:36 PM
The amount of new dragons coming out is only good if they stay out long enough for people to get them. I've found myself going after those dragons as missing out on the 4 leaf and dream dragons. Although I've gotten a diamond in that time, I hate that I don't have a chance to get the others. My ultimate goal is to collect all of the dragons. I can't do that when they expire...

noir77
05-29-13, 05:30 PM
six athletic dragon in week... trying for mask. lol hard waiting out 11 to find out it's a fail (again)

lmac10
05-29-13, 05:33 PM
six athletic dragon in week... trying for mask. lol hard waiting out 11 to find out it's a fail (again)

I'm right there with you lol I think I'm up to 12 Athletics total among other fails

carlsbad69
05-29-13, 05:36 PM
I'm right there with you lol I think I'm up to 12 Athletics total among other fails

At least they are tradable for gems

lmac10
05-29-13, 05:39 PM

True but when you get double after double after double and you don't have space it's not worth queuing an evolution line just to trade so I sell most of them anyway

carlsbad69
05-29-13, 05:40 PM
True but when you get double after double after double and you don't have space it's not worth queuing an evolution line just to trade so I sell most of them anyway

fair point.

noir77
05-29-13, 05:42 PM

Ouch. XD Crafting still isn't available to everyone.

carlsbad69
05-29-13, 06:02 PM
Ouch. XD Crafting still isn't available to everyone.

yes I know, I play on Android as well as iOS. But if you do have it, you can use it to help out a bit.

shinava
06-03-13, 04:54 PM
i play on kindle fire. bored after a few weeks. frustrated too. wait forever for dragons to hatch that i dont want. i am not going to buy gold to buy gold to speed up process. TL needs to add a cancel option. ( end breeding a d egg incubations in progress

dhj1401
06-03-13, 09:27 PM
Forgetting about all new dragons since pink dragon came out, i've been breeding unicorn for 2 months and i still haven't got it. That's suck. And all the new element is really really hard to get it. Now i'm kinda quit this game. It was my fav but not anymore.

Suhaimi2405
06-04-13, 08:52 AM
Hi i not sure where to post this question so i think i will juz post it here...

Question is that my wife is using an android phone(Samsung Note 1) while im using an ios phone(iphone 5) we r wondering how come there's no Trading Portal on her version but there's 1 on mine an it make her having difficulty to breed/grow the gem dragon..

Wish u guys can help me and my wife here...

Suhaimi2405
06-04-13, 08:52 AM
i play on kindle fire. bored after a few weeks. frustrated too. wait forever for dragons to hatch that i dont want. i am not going to buy gold to buy gold to speed up process. TL needs to add a cancel option. ( end breeding a d egg incubations in progress

Agreed with this idea..

hamadrys
06-04-13, 08:54 AM

Question is that my wife is using an android phone(Samsung Note 1) while im using an ios phone(iphone 5) we r wondering how come there's no Trading Portal on her version but there's 1 on mine an it make her having difficulty to breed/grow the gem dragon..

Ios has way more features than Android. The trading portal, arena, quest outpost, spellshop are not available for Android yet. There is a thread about parity that you may want to read.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49306-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-3

scottyhaha
06-04-13, 11:04 AM

If you want peace at home trade her your phone!!

hamadrys
06-04-13, 12:02 PM
If you want peace at home trade her your phone!!

LOL, good one and so very true.

AlisinChanes
06-07-13, 03:00 AM
What is the stinking deal with breeding new dragons being a piece of cake for some & not everyone? The ONLY new dragon I have is Fairytale & sorry but I didn't expect having issues getting it for pretty obvious reasons. I've also had no luck getting Cosmic & Mythic. I speed breed, of coarse that's made it more frustrating. I've been trying several weeks, switching and swapping every way trying to get just one of the many new dragons. I also gave up on Diamond. I probably could've bought it with the ton of gold spent trying to breed it. I used to play this game all throughout the day but it's gotten boring and discouraging. I'm sorry for any others with this very unfair "luck", it makes this awesome game a drag. Sorry to be a whiner but I'm fed up.

DragonTan1
06-07-13, 03:40 AM
You know what's funny? You're fed up because you can't get new dragons and I'm fed up because I can't put my new dragons in a habitat! No room for them... Trust me, nobody is happy with DS right now lol TL needs to get their you know what sorted.

anurulz
06-07-13, 06:35 AM
You know what's funny? You're fed up because you can't get new dragons and I'm fed up because I can't put my new dragons in a habitat! No room for them... Trust me, nobody is happy with DS right now lol TL needs to get their you know what sorted.
u know, am so jealous of ur luck (but no hard feelings) of getting all the dragons everytime..i wish i cud get atleast SOME of the luck..i cnt seem to get any of the new dragons except the starting dragon of the new habitat..which gets no money, and i waste a lot of money buying the habitat in the first place..

OlkaDragons
06-07-13, 07:25 AM
Trust me, nobody is happy with DS right now lol

Yep. But still continuing playing lol

moda999
06-07-13, 09:48 AM
What is the stinking deal with breeding new dragons being a piece of cake for some & not everyone? The ONLY new dragon I have is Fairytale & sorry but I didn't expect having issues getting it for pretty obvious reasons. I've also had no luck getting Cosmic & Mythic. I speed breed, of coarse that's made it more frustrating. I've been trying several weeks, switching and swapping every way trying to get just one of the many new dragons. I also gave up on Diamond. I probably could've bought it with the ton of gold spent trying to breed it. I used to play this game all throughout the day but it's gotten boring and discouraging. I'm sorry for any others with this very unfair "luck", it makes this awesome game a drag. Sorry to be a whiner but I'm fed up.

I am so with you! I play on 2 devices and not even a Fairytale dragon between them. I am so far behind I feel lost, fed up and don't know where to start on the backlog plus the new dragons since FT lol. I'm over level 100 on both games so not a newbie but currently it takes me several minutes to scroll through my list of goals there are so many left to do.

poisonoushades
06-07-13, 12:59 PM
I never got a chance to breed basic combos with all of these limited time dragons and ones expiring out of nowhere! I never have time! And it seems I never have enough time to breed a dragon that just became limited. It gets taken down in 2-3 days and the fails take 12-22 or more hours. I have nearly no problem breeding brand new elements, but am never able to breed their hybrids! I have never gotten anywhere trying to breed the black element with anything. And the fail times are ridiculous! I can't afford to buy gold for new habitats or dragons that can only be bought since I use Android. And by the time I get around to breeding old basics like blue/green, the dragon is about to expire! I don't understand how we are supposed to enjoy a game that constantly disappoints and frustrates us. I still need Atlantis and can't even try because I have to try to breed whatever dragon they decided to expire this week!

glitterbabies
06-07-13, 01:05 PM

you what's even more funny? Having no new dragons at all to get and having the ones you can get taken away before you can get them. Try playing this game on a kindle fire. Talk about an exercise in futility. I wonder daily why I keep playing.

belbar22
06-07-13, 01:06 PM
u know, am so jealous of ur luck (but no hard feelings) of getting all the dragons everytime..i wish i cud get atleast SOME of the luck..i cnt seem to get any of the new dragons except the starting dragon of the new habitat..which gets no money, and i waste a lot of money buying the habitat in the first place..

Totally agree with you. I have been unable to breed any hybrids from black, mythic, cosmic and now fairy tail. Not even sure it is worth trying for stone. I never thought I would say this but I am starting to get really fed up to the point where I may stop playing. I have also never been able to breed a diamond and despite being on level 107 only have 78 different dragons. Don't understand why it is so much easier for some than others.

This game is no longer fun or challenging

savage_mel
06-14-13, 07:03 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I am really feeling overwhelmed with being bombarded with all these new dragons, and the older ones all of a sudden becoming LE. I feel this mad dash to get all the old dragons that I don't yet have, because they are so hard to get, before they are taken away. Meanwhile I'm level 101 and still no diamond! But there is no time to try for it because of all the LE's. It's just way too much, too fast! IMO

HenryLucky1
06-14-13, 07:08 PM
I think you don't have to have all dragons, it's your island! So, just breed dragons that you want, you want Diamond? get it!

kwhales
06-14-13, 07:09 PM
Don't let the game play you. Play the game at your own pace. No one says you have to get every dragon. Just go after the ones that really appeal to you. Once you have them, then go after the others. Always use four elements and diamond will appear someday. There are players at higher levels then your without a diamond.

Face it. Some of these dragons are just too ugly to have on your island anyway.

HenryLucky1
06-14-13, 07:12 PM
Don't let the game play you. Play the game at your own pace. No one says you have to get every dragon. Just go after the ones that really appeal to you. Once you have them, then go after the others. Always use four elements and diamond will appear someday. There are players at higher levels then your without a diamond.

We have same thinking ;)

kwhales
06-14-13, 07:23 PM
We have same thinking ;)

great minds and all. LOL

Wollstonecraft
06-14-13, 08:54 PM
If it makes you feel better I still don't have the Diamond either. :(

flowless
06-15-13, 01:35 AM

but what about the players who play the game cuz they love collecting all of them

i started playing cuz i love the idea of collecting at my own pace
some are hard and some are easy and some are LE

so far i didnt miss a dragon yet
but if an older dragon become LE and i missed it , i will stop playing

HenryLucky1
06-15-13, 01:58 AM
but what about the players who play the game cuz they love collecting all of them

I think it's your choice. Kwhales and I said collect the dragons you want, so if you want all dragons, collect them. It's your choice ;)

alyssafriends
06-15-13, 05:33 AM
It depends on what you want. Collecting them all WILL mean that you spend gold. It is just a game so just have fun with it. If you can't it's better that you don't play.

fernbanks
06-15-13, 05:53 AM
Even though it's Dragon Story you collect dragons you also can decorate rearrange think of how you want your islands to look expand agree we need more space a lot of team will work on it just play as you go and get what you get. Being on Facebook read the threads you get ideas help and that's what the games all about

kwhales
06-15-13, 06:04 AM

I have to admit, I do get frustrated too not being able to collect all the dragons. But once I settle down, I realize unless you spend a lot on gold, there is no way you will get them all. So, I relax, throw in a combo into the den and wish for the best.

I feel bad for those who want the limited dragons, and look at my island and see their egg in my nest and all I will do with it is sell it (got tusker nesting, already have it). Really wish we could throw the eggs up in the air and let them land on an island who needs it.

Bovo71
06-15-13, 06:30 AM
I'm pretty disappointed with some of the newer releases. I miss some of the limited ones that I never had a chance to get, while the newer ones I don't have much love for and also the way you actually breed to get them, it a little too simplistic as they don't really blend with the core dragons they are more tacked on add-ons then core game Dragons.

Trading Dragons with other players would be great. But TL have a hard enough time with controlling the economy as it is and they have total autonomy over it. I don't think they'd be able to manage opening up that. Though ultimately they could make money out of this if they build in the right mechanics.

Often wonder what TL is thinking though... I mean why make dragons limited? Is this a technical reason or is it a tactic to force gold buying.
It would be really sad if it's the later.

At the end of the day I say if you're going to take something away then give me something better, but I think TL are missing the mark here and they really need to lift their game.

jonathanharker
06-18-13, 09:32 AM
Here's basically how gameplay goes now. Collect your coins. Harvest crops and give them all to a dragon that doesn't even grow one level. Plant some more. Breed a fail. Hatch and sell a fail. Collect your lotus blossom and send landworm on another quest. Finally, lose a battle in the arena and put it in the growing line to heal. what fun.

This game used to be so much fun but these aimless changes are making it a more and more negative experience. I keep playing because I'm holding out that the joy will come back.

Dragons are harder and harder to breed and now there are random time-limits to their availability, which only makes it stressful. There are gold traps everywhere, draining anything you try to save. The habitat cap is too small to hold the number of dragons they've released, so there's no flexibility for arranging. Dragons need so much food now it's not worth evolving them all the way when they'll only earn a few coins more.

They added battles and quests which was exciting at first. Until you discovered the quests pretty much do nothing but give you a lotus blossom every day and now last weekend they decided it would be fun to replace the strategy in the the battle arena with more randomness.

I am just chasing the dragon now, hoping to find the fun this game once used to bring...

anurulz
06-18-13, 12:41 PM
its worse wen ur on android..yet another limited dragon tht i missed..cnt craft, cnt trade, nothing interesting happening in the game except me missing out on all the LE..

scottyhaha
06-18-13, 01:01 PM
Im sure the Le dragons will be back for few days! That's when TL make money have the dragon go off and on. If the dragon just stay there no one will spend money to speed up.

lotusthreads
06-18-13, 03:21 PM
Here's basically how gameplay goes now. Collect your coins. Harvest crops and give them all to a dragon that doesn't even grow one level. Plant some more. Breed a fail. Hatch and sell a fail. Collect your lotus blossom and send landworm on another quest. Finally, lose a battle in the arena and put it in the growing line to heal. what fun.

This game used to be so much fun but these aimless changes are making it a more and more negative experience. I keep playing because I'm holding out that the joy will come back.

Dragons are harder and harder to breed and now there are random time-limits to their availability, which only makes it stressful. There are gold traps everywhere, draining anything you try to save. The habitat cap is too small to hold the number of dragons they've released, so there's no flexibility for arranging. Dragons need so much food now it's not worth evolving them all the way when they'll only earn a few coins more.

They added battles and quests which was exciting at first. Until you discovered the quests pretty much do nothing but give you a lotus blossom every day and now last weekend they decided it would be fun to replace the strategy in the the battle arena with more randomness.

I am just chasing the dragon now, hoping to find the fun this game once used to bring...
Yes, every change they have made recently has made the game less and less enjoyable to play. The latest change which significantly decreases your chance to win in the Rena is just one more nail in the coffin. Like you, I used to enjoy this game now it is just frustrating. I don't think I will be playing for much longer :(

DragonmasterC99
06-18-13, 05:12 PM
I feel your pain,too, like all the other players o here. I looked up how to get a super dragon, and apparently its super EASY compared to a diamond. I breed the colours with every combination i can think of, but no luck. I aleays get something thats really hard to get (nights and aethers and titans) through those colours-red blue and purple- but i never get what i want. It was like when i wanted a mistmoth, but then they were limited and i started breeding super dragon colours before those were gone. I really really need one! Ive been told that the most reliable combination is charm and water, but i get athletics instead. Somebody please help, if you can!

hamadrys
06-18-13, 06:34 PM
I feel your pain,too, like all the other players o here. I looked up how to get a super dragon, and apparently its super EASY compared to a diamond. I breed the colours with every combination i can think of, but no luck. I aleays get something thats really hard to get (nights and aethers and titans) through those colours-red blue and purple- but i never get what i want. It was like when i wanted a mistmoth, but then they were limited and i started breeding super dragon colours before those were gone. I really really need one! Ive been told that the most reliable combination is charm and water, but i get athletics instead. Somebody please help, if you can!

I am trying for Mask right now, with Virtue and Night. I tried 20 times already and among those, got 3 Super dragons as fails. Maybe a combo for you to try...

moostermine
06-18-13, 06:57 PM
Many players voice discontent, over one or more problems with the game, in many different threads. There doesn't seem to be a compiled indication of which problems are the most important to all players. So.....a poll...choose the items that bother you the most and feel free to post why, or list any that I missed!

HenryLucky1
06-18-13, 06:59 PM
Poll? Where?

moostermine
06-18-13, 07:12 PM
Poll? Where?

Sorry took awhile to type!

HenryLucky1
06-18-13, 07:22 PM
I choose not enough habitats, too quickly release new dragons, removal old dragons, because I'm on android, parity issues, also game crashing and difficult to scroll.

scottyhaha
06-18-13, 07:25 PM
Henry, you will never quit!!;)

rusticjess
06-18-13, 07:27 PM
Difficulty scrolling above all for me, gosh my game is terrible. It's so stressful just to try and scroll around my island to collect coins, move dragons, or manage the breeding den and farms

moostermine
06-18-13, 07:28 PM

Henry CAN'T quit! We need him! But if it's a good way to know what bothers people the most!

scottyhaha
06-18-13, 07:38 PM
If I have an android, would have quit for a long time because of game crashing and difficult to scroll. I can't play a game like that.

HenryLucky1
06-18-13, 07:42 PM
Yes, except DS is over and I already have all dragons

Henry CAN'T quit! We need him! But if it's a good way to know what bothers people the most!
Yes! Let TL see this poll!!

funnyrandomness5112
06-18-13, 08:35 PM
I voted for everything

eye_of_the_world
06-18-13, 08:49 PM
New to game and having extreme problems visiting people and have been seeing that there are dragons that have been removed that I will never have a chance to get. That is disappointing.

HenryLucky1
06-18-13, 10:00 PM
Moo, you miss something! Splitting makes harder to breed!

moostermine
06-18-13, 10:03 PM
Moo, you miss something! Splitting makes harder to breed!

You are right! Sorry, ran out of spaces, and forgot! Well if this one is popular, maybe I can take the most voted for choices and combine them with new suggestions in a new poll, later!

hamadrys
06-19-13, 04:46 AM
Yes definitely the difficulty to obtain the dragon is a big turn off. That is what makes me almost indifferent to the game now. Too many dragons too quickly also. But that is because I am so behind and am totally discouraged about ever catching up. I breed 1 dragon and 4 or 5 are released. I am fed up, I must admit.
Also...I don't see this game going anywhere as it it. I am clearing my last piece of island and then what ? Will I have to start removing decorations to put more habitats and stack them so close that all the dragons look like a blur. Oh yes...which habitats. We are maxed out and the more we get, the more it crashes.
I am afraid the game is caught in a vicious cycle and it would take a lot of effort from TL to fix it.
I don't even care about the parity anymore. At this point, if we ever got parity, I would wonder where to put the gemstones dragons !!!

06-19-13, 04:51 AM
I'm also not infatuated about the game anymore like I used to be. Between not being able to speak your mind, the lack of habitats, the stupidity of the colors splitting, numerous dragons sharing the same element, its insane.

If we get one treat, we are thrown five more tricks that make us not love the game more. I used to buy gold every month. The attitudes here have made me stop cold turkey. And we are talkin about at least $200 a month on about five games every month. Not anymore.

My money can go elsewhere.

jua1978
06-19-13, 05:02 AM
You forgot a confirm button! Sometimes when I buy something out of mistake by not having a confirm button I feel like quitting

jua1978
06-19-13, 05:02 AM
Or will that fall under gold traps?

moostermine
06-19-13, 05:10 AM
Or will that fall under gold traps?

Yes! That's what I was thinking.
I know I missed stuff but I could only do 10! Sorry!

DragonTan1
06-19-13, 05:23 AM
I don't think I'll be playing much longer, my main reason is the habitats problem... Right now I'm evolving a Crusader to trade, being forced to get rid of a Diamond hybrid isn't nice but it has to be done.

I got a Golem in the nest but I have no home for it. I would have to sell another Diamond habitat... I can't store Stone because storage is full. Next upgrade is 1200 gold, no thanks! TL are punishing people with a full album, trying to push us into buying more gold to upgrade our stables and buying more gold habitats! Maybe if they were not so overpriced, we would all have one.

TL say they can't release more habitats right now because of memory to display dragons, and they released the stables so that we can put some in there... But that isn't true, if it were then they would limit gold habitats but a lot of my neighbours have a lot of gold habitats displaying plenty of dragons on these habitats...

I will sell Diamond habitats, slowly but there will come a time when I will not be able to breed more dragons until I upgrade stables, hopefully by then this problem will be fixed but if it isn't I will only evolve my dragons and the game will be dead to me.

TL : Just release big Diamond habitats and reduce the cost for stables and gold habitats if you want people to still play! Also, stop releasing 2 dragons a week and removing our old dragons...

Other players : Don't get sucked in buying gold habitats and upgrading stables unless you want to! If you're going for a full album then I suggest you don't unless you want to buy plenty of gold to keep them... If only I knew that from day one then I doubt I would have bothered. I have been playing other games like DS and the prices there are fair, DS asks way too much gold and are slowly ****ing the game.

HenryLucky1
06-19-13, 05:26 AM
I miss you DT1, please don't stop playing and leave this forum T.T

moostermine
06-19-13, 05:48 AM
I don't think I'll be playing much longer, my main reason is the habitats problem... Right now I'm evolving a Crusader to trade, being forced to get rid of a Diamond hybrid isn't nice but it has to be done.

I got a Golem in the nest but I have no home for it. I would have to sell another Diamond habitat... I can't store Stone because storage is full. Next upgrade is 1200 gold, no thanks! TL are punishing people with a full album, trying to push us into buying more gold to upgrade our stables and buying more gold habitats! Maybe if they were not so overpriced, we would all have one.

TL say they can't release more habitats right now because of memory to display dragons, and they released the stables so that we can put some in there... But that isn't true, if it were then they would limit gold habitats but a lot of my neighbours have a lot of gold habitats displaying plenty of dragons on these habitats...

I will sell Diamond habitats, slowly but there will come a time when I will not be able to breed more dragons until I upgrade stables, hopefully by then this problem will be fixed but if it isn't I will only evolve my dragons and the game will be dead to me.

TL : Just release big Diamond habitats and reduce the cost for stables and gold habitats if you want people to still play! Also, stop releasing 2 dragons a week and removing our old dragons...

Other players : Don't get sucked in buying gold habitats and upgrading stables unless you want to! If you're going for a full album then I suggest you don't unless you want to buy plenty of gold to keep them... If only I knew that from day one then I doubt I would have bothered. I have been playing other games like DS and the prices there are fair, DS asks way too much gold and are slowly ****ing the game.

When goals in a game become unattainable very few people will continue on indefinately. For most, it becomes pointless, whether it is because of lack of storage, lack of parity, game crashes or any of the rest. The stick with the carrots on it is too long now, we can't smell them anymore and losing hope that we might someday get to taste them!

scottyhaha
06-19-13, 06:59 AM
About the quest thingy, any dragon you send out can gives you coin. And if your system out of sync don't do any force close and then open to void any disappear gold

knj00
06-19-13, 08:36 AM
TL needs to stop releasing so many new dragons and focus on fixing the current problems with the game. One dragon a week is just fine.

I would like to see the crashing stop!! It's driving me crazy :mad: I can't even collect coins and breed without crashing a lot nevermind visiting my neighbors.

I can deal with gold habitats but make them cheaper. Now that we know we must get gold habitats if we want to display all dragons this is a big one for me. I do want them all that is how I choose to play but the price is outrageous. Just saving up from goals and neighbors to get them will take forever and at the current pace of dragon release it's impossible to get them fast enough without spending a lot of money.

I like this game and have put a lot of time into it. The fact that it is getting so frustrating to play is very troubling to me and may make me slow down if not quit altogether.

DragonTan1
06-19-13, 09:18 AM
TL needs to stop releasing so many new dragons and focus on fixing the current problems with the game. One dragon a week is just fine.

I would like to see the crashing stop!! It's driving me crazy :mad: I can't even collect coins and breed without crashing a lot nevermind visiting my neighbors.

I can deal with gold habitats but make them cheaper. Now that we know we must get gold habitats if we want to display all dragons this is a big one for me. I do want them all that is how I choose to play but the price is outrageous. Just saving up from goals and neighbors to get them will take forever and at the current pace of dragon release it's impossible to get them fast enough without spending a lot of money.

I like this game and have put a lot of time into it. The fact that it is getting so frustrating to play is very troubling to me and may make me slow down if not quit altogether.

Exactly, I feel the same... If they keep this up a lot of us will leave too. Many of my neighbours have already left, never thought I would end up joining them but it looks like I will soon.

jonathanharker
06-19-13, 09:22 AM
When goals in a game become unattainable very few people will continue on indefinately. For most, it becomes pointless, whether it is because of lack of storage, lack of parity, game crashes or any of the rest. The stick with the carrots on it is too long now, we can't smell them anymore and losing hope that we might someday get to taste them!

This is a great point! For many people that happened when they started removing non-limited dragons. The goals you've been working on for months can just up and disappear. What's the use?

NouraMoh
06-19-13, 10:36 AM
It's frustrating to say the least!
What's the point in deed ?!
Why would we even consider breeding these new dragons when we have no where to put them ?!
We've been asking for more habitats for months but looks like TL won't give us more anytime soon!
Also we've asked, even begged, for bigger Diamond habitats.. Which I think will solve a big part of the problem. But again TL won't do it.

Like DT had said before, it looks as if TL is punishing us for having a complete album!!
It's not fair, we've been playing since the begining, since this game's release! We put time, effort and money into it!
Now TL is forcing us to choose, either sell some of our dragons or just shut up and leave

Well, I for one, am NOT selling my babies
The game is slowly dying and I'll soon be forced to just delete it and go find another game to waste money on :/

HenryLucky1
06-19-13, 10:45 AM
It's frustrating to say the least!
What's the point in deed ?!
Why would we even consider breeding these new dragons when we have no where to put them ?!
We've been asking for more habitats for months but looks like TL won't give us more anytime soon!
Also we've asked, even begged, for bigger Diamond habitats.. Which I think will solve a big part of the problem. But again TL won't do it.

Like DT had said before, it looks as if TL is punishing us for having a complete album!!
It's not fair, we've been playing since the begining, since this game's release! We put time, effort and money into it!
Now TL is forcing us to choose, either sell some of our dragons or just shut up and leave

Well, I for one, am NOT selling my babies
The game is slowly dying and I'll soon be forced to just delete it and go find another game to waste money on :/

Noooo, please don't quit!!!!
I think this is in TL mind "Nobody can have all dragons, even if they can, they're just a little number of players. I'll add habitat when I want, not when you want!"
I hope TL have a good math score when they're in school,aand understanding, so they can count how many habitats needed and understand the feeling of players that have all dragons!

DragonTan1
06-19-13, 11:32 AM
Noooo, please don't quit!!!!
I think this is in TL mind "Nobody can have all dragons, even if they can, they're just a little number of players. I'll add habitat when I want, not when you want!"
I hope TL have a good math score when they're in school,aand understanding, so they can count how many habitats needed and understand the feeling of players that have all dragons!

I agree with Henry, TL really need to think about the players who have all limited dragons and see that there are not enough habitats for a full album! I'm only missing the first dragons that went, TD and Clockwork. I have Golem, Hammerhead and Leviathan but I can't give them a home.

The next few weeks are going to be hard for most of us to manage our dragons, but this is only a game. A game most of us played and enjoyed, now every time I go into DS I close it frustrated that I have 3 dragons I can't hatch... There really is no point to continue if TL keep this up.

You have people frustrated on android for not having the same as iOS...
Others are annoyed they can't get pink/black hybrids...
Force closing on most devices...
Not enough habitats for old members...
Habitats cost too much for new players...
Habitats and stables upgrade costing too much gold...
Removing our old dragons... Gold traps and many many more!!

This game is a mess right now, why are we still playing this game?!

MomsHouseofSweets
06-19-13, 11:53 AM
I will be leaving before long, I'm sure of it. While I'm a fortunate Android and don't have the FC, lag, navigation and other issues that so many do ... the habitat issue and all that DT and NouraMo listed, pretty much wraps it up. The game IS a mess (that WE didn't create) and I'm sure I'm not in the minority (of those who come to the forum at least) when I ask, what's the point in playing?

moostermine
06-19-13, 12:05 PM

Why? Because we remember the game when it was fun and exciting! And we hope to feel that way again!
And because we can't stand the thought of losing touch with our friends and neighbours, but......even those things will only keep people coming back for a little while, when all else seems hopeless.

RotomGuy
06-19-13, 12:43 PM
Removal of old dragons is the one reason I might quit the game. It's just so unnecessary and stupid.

wayneh23
06-19-13, 02:17 PM
In the last week i have seen the mood shift quite alot, everybody including myself seems frustrated and annoyed for so many different reasons, i have spent my last real dollar on this game and it won't be long before i am gone.
Reason for me the black/pink hybrids are just insane boring to breed it's like watching dry paint dry.

DragonTan1
06-19-13, 02:26 PM
In the last week i have seen the mood shift quite alot, everybody including myself seems frustrated and annoyed for so many different reasons, i have spent my last real dollar on this game and it won't be long before i am gone.
Reason for me the black/pink hybrids are just insane boring to breed it's like watching dry paint dry.

Yes we all have our own reasons to quit but still, TL do nothing but release new features and dragons. They avoid to solve our problem, they think if they ignore us (as usual) then the problem will fix itself.. There are so many problems now we can't ignore it anymore, I hope they stop ignoring us and answer our questions...

belbar22
06-19-13, 02:29 PM
I can't remember the last time I got a new dragon that wasn't won or crafted. It's not even as though I have a full album, I have over 40 to collect. It is really demoralising to get fail after fail and the new features whilst entertaining do not make up for the lack of new dragons. I am really frustrated by the removal of old dragons particularly as it seems that TL is moving to sets of 3. I only ever get the first dragon which costs a fortune to feed and makes no money as in most cases you need a diamond to get the rest of the set which I don't have even though I am on Level 109. I spent almost 2 weeks trying for big bad and got nothing I didn't already have and I have also been unable to breed the Kitsun which I have also been trying for. I used to enjoy breeding a couple of new dragons a week. I am losing all motivation to play. I can't understand why TL seems intent on ruining the game and not taking our views into account.

jillusion
06-19-13, 03:12 PM
Yes! That's what I was thinking.
I know I missed stuff but I could only do 10! Sorry!

You missed the primary complaint - unable to breed the dragons.

scottyhaha
06-19-13, 03:23 PM
You missed the primary complaint - unable to breed the dragons.

That could go under boredom

MomsHouseofSweets
06-19-13, 03:41 PM

Watching paint dry ... LOL Good one. I liken it to eating plain oatmeal 3 times a day, trying to get milk and sugar, but just getting more water or oatmeal. Yuck, plain oatmeal!!!! (shudder)

rubyjeen
06-20-13, 02:08 AM
I am really sad about the old dragons going away. I play on iPad, but I don't really care about quest or battles. This is the first on line game I've ever played, so I probably won't ever quit, however all I really do is gifting back to my neighbors, collecting coins from habitats, and growing food very slowly. I sell almost everything straight from the nest, cuz I usually have them already. The only new ones I really want are the night elf. I only have one diamond hybrid, crusader, and I'd also like to origami and another kite. So I'll still play, but don't really have fun or get excited about what egg I might get so really no need to buy gold anymore, or probably ever again. I guess I,ll I'm really doing is tying up TL servers, but I guess they don't care

rubyjeen
06-20-13, 02:14 AM
I am really sad about the old dragons going away. I play on iPad, but I don't really care about quest or battles. This is the first on line game I've ever played, so I probably won't ever quit, however all I really do is gifting back to my neighbors, collecting coins from habitats, and growing food very slowly. I sell almost everything straight from the nest, cuz I usually have them already. The only new ones I really want are the night elf. I only have one diamond hybrid, crusader, and I'd also like to origami and another kite. So I'll still play, but don't really have fun or get excited about what egg I might get so really no need to buy gold anymore, or probably ever again. I guess I,ll I'm really doing is tying up TL servers, but I guess they don't care
I really wanted quetzal cuz my favorite color is green, but when they took him away without enough notice to try and breed for him, I lost most of my incentive and enthusiasm to play. I don't understand why people buy dragons with real money, "breeding" cute baby dragons and growing them up to breed other cute baby dragons was the game I downloaded.

psykopod19
06-20-13, 05:33 AM
I log in twice a day
I manage pending requests/gifts
I collect my coins, I harvest my food
I manage the breeding den and my nests (usually selling the new dragon on the spot)
If I have gold, I speed something up so I have no gold to lose in a gold trap
That's about it!
It's a lot of fun... NOOOOOT!!!

mamareader02
06-20-13, 07:04 AM
Burned out from trying for months repeatedly trying for black angel,losing all interest because the "lottery" formula of this game gives ultra rares quite quickly to some,while others are "never gonna get it"despite using same formula.yes,I used to have great luck(with the help of gold),but ever since Aether came out,my game has lost it's luck.i know the high levels with no diamond feel even angrier,and I don't blame them!

deamon506
06-20-13, 07:22 AM
Dragons going away is what makes me angry. Especially the quetzal and the mistmoth.

scottyhaha
06-20-13, 07:39 AM
TL is doing a good job trying to **** the game...
New player-dragon go limited, higher food feeding.
Mid player- cant get new dragon, 6 mils hab.
Old player- hab cap,
Android/kindle- force closed, lag, features
Now it's just boring!!!!!!!! Help TL bring the game back when it was fun!!!!!!!

krelicsWM
06-20-13, 08:59 AM
Well i guess its nice to see that a few players arent bothered by the outrageously rediculous prices particularly in the habitat department. Im at level 45 After so many breeding attempts just to get some kind of that i didnt already have i was overjoyed to produce a mythic egg. A dragon at the lower end of the rare variety, as he is only "rare" and to purchase outright hes cost only 600gold. When he hatched i needed to purchase him a different habitat as he only uses one kind........did my eyes decieve me??? SIX MILLION DOLLARS??? Yes, oh yes 6million.....hes only a plain rare and one of the cheapest to buy! I could camp for a week or two and just stockpile all my income.....but that sucks not to do anything in the game ie: buying food, clearing foliage (yeah right) arena matches, or quests......i ended up just selling the freshly atched dragon for 100coins just to get him off my breeding den...i waited so darn long and patiently, i "studied" the breeding spreadsheets, and when i finally get a bone thrown to me .......6 million coins .....im still in shock ....so now, i guess i. Back on the duplicate dragon producing line... Just got my fourth pegasus.....whooopeeee!! (cough) so i totally understand your pain Sefyre i really do, glad those prices arent a concern for you.....all my neighbors are either just fading away, completly discouraged, dissappeared, or mad as hell of the imposible-ness of getting any further in this aweome game. Im sure you all would agree that this is a game, games were invented for us to have FUN with, ease daily stress, and they were also made to win......this games prices alone, not to mention difficulty of breeding what you are striving to produce, etc . dont accomplish any of those basic game standards......actually, lately anyway, seem to be doing the opposite. Too stressful

noir77
06-20-13, 02:26 PM
With no improvements to android in sight on both features and UI parity (takes me 15 secs to delete a wall msg, ridiculous? A moment in my other games), plus speedy removal of rares now, I don't care too much about ds anymore. Also had pretty poor breeding luck lately, every pink combo I try gives me 33hours.. bred gold by chance the other day, but otherwise all fails since dream was removed. Bored, so bored.

hamadrys
06-24-13, 11:11 AM
I am not going to create a whole new thread about little me, but I wanted to say goodbye. I will not be posting on the forum anymore and won't check it either. Between the frustration of seeing the new things I can't have and the some other personal issues I have about the forum in general...it is time to move on. Ignorance is bliss and I'll have more fun playing without knowing what I miss. I will miss some things, but it's time to move on. Too much frustration and disappointment are coming from this, and I don't need that in my life.
Sorry for being "too familiar" and thinking I could be friendly with some specific person. Very sorry about this.

moostermine
06-24-13, 11:32 AM
I am not going to create a whole new thread about little me, but I wanted to say goodbye. I will not be posting on the forum anymore and won't check it either. Between the frustration of seeing the new things I can't have and the some other personal issues I have about the forum in general...it is time to move on. Ignorance is bliss and I'll have more fun playing without knowing what I miss. I will miss some things, but it's time to move on. Too much frustration and disappointment are coming from this, and I don't need that in my life.
Sorry for being "too familiar" and thinking I could be friendly with some specific person. Very sorry about this.
Oh, Hamadrys! No! You are an important contributor, it won't be the same!

elephantgatlinggun
06-24-13, 11:43 AM

Agreed! I'll be the second! :mad:

welbysk
06-27-13, 05:07 PM
I really wish they have a refund system of all the money i've spent for their gold..
A refund for unsatisfied customer.. Starting to put some real cash hoping for great future of this game..
But i'm wrong...

Starting the black element come out...
and cosmic.. and fairy.. and so on..
i'm already tired with new elements...
and now, dino whatever type...
i'm fed up....

why don't they make another better items for decoration? (not another things using gold)
or even making sure all the landscapes at the DS island all cleared (some of area is not clearable)..
or even better, wider the area....
All my dragons is like sardines, all packed up like garbage pile..

Can't the developer think about that before adding more NEW "Elements" DRAGON....
or maybe, negatively thinking.. not profitable...

And i never ever change DS rating from 1... or even if I can.. make it 0...

rosewaterlily
06-28-13, 12:34 PM
Since the new elements came out starting with mythic, I am steadily losing interest the game. I don't want 6 million habitats that hold only 5000 coins/don't produce hybrid dragons and haven't even bothered trying to get them. The night and pink dragons are still crazy hard to get, and I've bred three new dragons in the last two months trying for them (black swan, kitsune, and illusion). So the only thing I was still kind of looking forward to was the crafting, but then the battle arena became 100X harder in the last week and now it takes me a week to beat one dragon instead of a day so now who knows how long it will take me to get the leviathan. And then they bring out a new gemstone dragon that requires another two large onyx (I have one small one and that's the only one I've ever gotten due to the difficulty of night hybrids!) so that's never going to happen. Way to make everything about this game too hard and uninteresting. The only interest I have now is slowly trading for small pink gems when I get virtues to craft the quartz dragon and raising the dragons I do have to epic form (difficult because I use the temple so much to evolve and trade for gems when I get duplicate rare dragons--*glares at wizard and laserlight, which I get endlessly from ***ning for pinks and nights*). And the limiting of non-seasonal dragons I never got (seabreeze and clown) is pretty annoying too. I wonder what the appeal of the game is to newer players now that it's impossible to ever get every dragon since so many old players made that the main objective? Lucky for me I don't spend any money on this game, at least. :P

evangelina812
06-28-13, 02:47 PM
Since the new elements came out starting with mythic, I am steadily losing interest the game. I don't want 6 million habitats that hold only 5000 coins/don't produce hybrid dragons and haven't even bothered trying to get them. The night and pink dragons are still crazy hard to get, and I've bred three new dragons in the last two months trying for them (black swan, kitsune, and illusion). So the only thing I was still kind of looking forward to was the crafting, but then the battle arena became 100X harder in the last week and now it takes me a week to beat one dragon instead of a day so now who knows how long it will take me to get the leviathan. And then they bring out a new gemstone dragon that requires another two large onyx (I have one small one and that's the only one I've ever gotten due to the difficulty of night hybrids!) so that's never going to happen. Way to make everything about this game too hard and uninteresting. The only interest I have now is slowly trading for small pink gems when I get virtues to craft the quartz dragon and raising the dragons I do have to epic form (difficult because I use the temple so much to evolve and trade for gems when I get duplicate rare dragons--*glares at wizard and laserlight, which I get endlessly from ***ning for pinks and nights*). And the limiting of non-seasonal dragons I never got (seabreeze and clown) is pretty annoying too. I wonder what the appeal of the game is to newer players now that it's impossible to ever get every dragon since so many old players made that the main objective? Lucky for me I don't spend any money on this game, at least. :P

Couldn't have stated my frustration better.

smsspcmd
06-28-13, 05:23 PM
I agree with Henry, TL really need to think about the players who have all limited dragons and see that there are not enough habitats for a full album! I'm only missing the first dragons that went, TD and Clockwork. I have Golem, Hammerhead and Leviathan but I can't give them a home.

The next few weeks are going to be hard for most of us to manage our dragons, but this is only a game. A game most of us played and enjoyed, now every time I go into DS I close it frustrated that I have 3 dragons I can't hatch... There really is no point to continue if TL keep this up.

You have people frustrated on android for not having the same as iOS...
Others are annoyed they can't get pink/black hybrids...
Force closing on most devices...
Not enough habitats for old members...
Habitats cost too much for new players...
Habitats and stables upgrade costing too much gold...
Removing our old dragons... Gold traps and many many more!!

I am not sure why I am still here. Have started to quit several times. It use to be FUN! Even if they gave more habitats soon there will be no where to put them. This is not the game I started and loved, it is horrid! A mish mash of several games all lumped together. Break it up , either you fight, breed, or something one dragon a month, communal habitats not eleven different kinds. Prices that make sense. Go back to reasonable prices, nice dragons that are fun to breed not impossible. The frustration of it is grossly out weighting the loyalty.

tehbaker
06-29-13, 02:08 PM
I think everyone has their own 'bane' with regards to a dragon they can't breed. I'm level 82 now, have been playing since Dragon Story first came out and I have yet to breed a single Diamond dragon. I seem to breed lots of other 'rare' ones, and a bunch of super rares, easily. Not once have I gotten a Diamond dragon - I breed for it every single time I'm not trying for a new one.

I am getting burnt out on a few things, outside of the absolute annoyance of no Diamond dragon.

1. The sheer fact that it seems impossible to find out information IN the game - I have to visit an outside website to get information on breeding and hatching times so I know what I'm getting when I pair up dragons. Why can't this be part of the game, seriously? I just got a level 33 breeding last night and I was surprised - never had that time - and find out it's the Virtue dragon - NICE! I had to go to to my backup website for that information though.

2. WAY TOO MANY DRAGONS AT ONCE. I'm sick of logging in to find they release what feels like 3-5 new dragons A WEEK. I can't even get a stupid dragon they released at the BEGINNING, a year ago, and they want me to breed these new five before their timer runs out and they're retired? Get real TL, not with huge timers like 12-33 hours each attempt. I work, I go to school - both full-time. I don't have time to check every free moment.

3. Darn pop-ups. I posted about this in another post, for me to even play the game when I load it, I have to X out of at least 3, sometimes MORE (the other day I had EIGHT POPUPS! Serious???) just to play the game. I get 15 minute breaks at work and it's 3am before I get to bed. It seems like a small thing to whine about, but it gets aggravating REAL FAST.

4. What happened to our cash gain? Did TL lower the amount of coins from each habitat? I quickly got up to around 30m coins then had to buy absurdly expensive habitats for dragons I basically will never get. Dino, Stone, Dark? The cost of these habitats is ridiculous. My cash was gone so quick and since then, even with checking consistently and emptying my max habitats I'm at 3m and it keeps shrinking.

5. Food amounts for rare dragons. It would take me over a week just to get 1 rare dragon, like Lotus, up to Level 10. The feeding prices are extortionate. Considering they only allow us a max of 6 farms, and the cost to do the highest food per 5 hours if 75,000 a pop, add in the fact that it seems I can't get coin like I used to.. Yeah, I'll be lucky if that stupid dragon gets to level 10 within a month.

I used to love this game. Lately though it seems like they're shoving new content down our throats - gold sales, buy this for gold!!! rare dragons, and lower rewards for playing that I am getting frustrated and burnt out. Lately it seems I'm checking DS once a day, if that, because I'm to the point I might give up on it. I feel like I will never get 1 of each dragon (especially considering I've played from day ONE and still no Diamond.. I mean honestly, that's pathetic.)

Thanks for reading my rant >.< I didn't intend for it to start out that way :(

godofsparkle
06-30-13, 01:56 AM
1. Not enough habitat: there are 114 types of dragon, if You divided by 3 ( assuming You're using an upgraded one and 3 maximum dragons allowed ) it is still 38, and the maximum is 49 now, so it should be enough...BUT...that's not gonna work i know that too since i got myself like 4 kitsunes, 4 tusker, etc etc and I don't want to get rid of them because their hourly income is good...so the solution is if You want to have all of them, have one each of them, if not...well...

2. Too many dragons: some people like new things, some people don't...Of course the developer cannot agree with one side, but since this game is a business, and new things usually bring money ( e.g You have to buy gold to speed things up, just because You want to be the first one having the new dragon...) so yeah...

3. Habitat's price: "6 million ?" "Please help my homeless blablabla dragon" yes...I often see that line...BUT there is also an option to sell the egg if You couldn't afford to hatch it. Just see those egg as a failed result from getting a dragon You actually want and forget it....that's the only solution if You couldn't get that kind of coins in the short time i think...( I'm at level 79 and I don't have all the dragons which is need 6 million habitat...)

4. Food's cost, clearing tree's cost, expansion's cost: Yes...all of them are the same...to make this game live longer. If You have all Your dragon epic, have your land all expanded...it means You are at "the end" of the story.

5. Removal of the old dragon: I don't have quetzal too, it's been removed when I started playing this game...but to make this as a reason to quit ?

6. Last word: 1st I'm not in anyone side, sometimes I feel frustrated too when things not going my way...but I have to remind myself, although we all think this is only a game to us, but to them, this game is also their source of income...
2nd, I'm sorry if My word offended anyone or Team Lava themself...3rd, I'm sorry if my English is bad since English is not my 1st language.

Have fun playing.

HenryLucky1
06-30-13, 02:29 AM
1. Not enough habitat: there are 114 types of dragon, if You divided by 3 ( assuming You're using an upgraded one and 3 maximum dragons allowed ) it is still 38, and the maximum is 49 now, so it should be enough...BUT...that's not gonna work i know that too since i got myself like 4 kitsunes, 4 tusker, etc etc and I don't want to get rid of them because their hourly income is good...so the solution is if You want to have all of them, have one each of them, if not...well...

2. Too many dragons: some people like new things, some people don't...Of course the developer cannot agree with one side, but since this game is a business, and new things usually bring money ( e.g You have to buy gold to speed things up, just because You want to be the first one having the new dragon...) so yeah...

3. Habitat's price: "6 million ?" "Please help my homeless blablabla dragon" yes...I often see that line...BUT there is also an option to sell the egg if You couldn't afford to hatch it. Just see those egg as a failed result from getting a dragon You actually want and forget it....that's the only solution if You couldn't get that kind of coins in the short time i think...( I'm at level 79 and I don't have all the dragons which is need 6 million habitat...)

4. Food's cost, clearing tree's cost, expansion's cost: Yes...all of them are the same...to make this game live longer. If You have all Your dragon epic, have your land all expanded...it means You are at "the end" of the story.

5. Removal of the old dragon: I don't have quetzal too, it's been removed when I started playing this game...but to make this as a reason to quit ?

6. Last word: 1st I'm not in anyone side, sometimes I feel frustrated too when things not going my way...but I have to remind myself, although we all think this is only a game to us, but to them, this game is also their source of income...
2nd, I'm sorry if My word offended anyone or Team Lava themself...3rd, I'm sorry if my English is bad since English is not my 1st language.

Have fun playing.
There're 118 dragons for android and 138 for IOS, also Diamond, Infinity, Treasure and Stainglass need 1 habitat, so 49-4=45 habitats for 114 dragons (android) and 134 dragons (IOS). And if you want put your Diamond hybrids in Diamond habitats, 49-11=38 habitats for 107 dragons (android) and 127 dragons (IOS)

HenryLucky1
06-30-13, 02:37 AM
So, for IOS that have all dragons
49 habitats - 2 Diamond habitats and 2 Treasure habitats and 2 Stone habitats (for 4 dragons)= 43 habitats
43 X 3=129 dragons, but they have 130 dragons (with Triceratop), so when Triceratop comes there's habitat crisis again.

godofsparkle
06-30-13, 04:20 AM
There're 118 dragons for android and 138 for IOS, also Diamond, Infinity, Treasure and Stainglass need 1 habitat, so 49-4=45 habitats for 114 dragons (android) and 134 dragons (IOS). And if you want put your Diamond hybrids in Diamond habitats, 49-11=38 habitats for 107 dragons (android) and 127 dragons (IOS)

Well...you know that there are 500 gold habitats which You can put 1 additional dragon right ? if You don't want to spend even 1 cent of real money, You could always relying on gold from gift too, and yes I know, it will be really really long before You reach 500...
But if You're aiming for having all of the dragons...maybe that's worth it ? Hehe, sorry if I offended You, FYI i don't buy the 500 habitat, but I did buy 3000 gold dark angel...since I myself getting frustrated to obtain that dragon.