PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, burned out and bored

Pages : 1 [2] 3

mrarfan
06-30-13, 06:24 AM
Author's Note: Not looking for sympathy and not meaning to sound like a whiner; just really need to get this off my chest and if anyone has any constructive commentary, I welcome feedback. If you don't want to read about how I feel about Failing Epically at trying to breed Event Dragons and how I consequently burned myself out, then just don't read for both of our sakes, thank you.

So after trying like a maniac for a long time to breed either an Elf Dragon or a Fireworks Dragon or even a second Snowman Dragon since their initial release and consistently failing at both (yes, I double checked each time to make sure my mating pair had all the right colors) and after hatching myself a surprise Diamond Dragon in the process (that is supposedly MUCH MUCH MORE RARE) than either of the two Dragons I was trying to breed...

I promptly got burned out.

Seeing my Diamond baby was a mixture of -extreme- elation (I felt like I had a triple shot espresso!), and, owing to my extended frustration over my inability to breed Dragons whose length of availability I couldn't be sure of, -immense- frustration. Basically, the best and worst of both worlds.

I guess the frustration won over as it was the icing on the cake and after hatching my Diamond and giving it its showcase place in my newest cleared out area, I fed my other Dragons, played with them a bit, visited my neighbors a last time and sent gifts... and then closed out the app and then didn't return.

(In case my neighbors didn't read my Wall post and are members of this forum and happen to be reading this thread, now you know why I haven't been checking my game.)

I have since 'gotten over' that burn out... at least... I thought I did, but I guess I still haven't as though I tried to pick the game back up, I'm... just not that interested anymore.

YES, I bred myself a Diamond completely by accident and I should be jumping for joy (and I was and I AM happy I somehow managed to miraculously breed myself one entirely by sheer accident), but...

Honestly?

At that time, after so much frustration with trying to breed Dragons that everyone was certain there were hidden Timers on, all I really wanted was either an Elf or a Fireworks.

Honestly and truly, I will swear that that was what I wanted most at the time that I was breeding.

As my previous month old posts in the various threads state, I tried nearly every combination possible when the most probable combinations repeatedly failed me and I even paid Gold to speed things up since I was in the middle of a very hectic work schedule and could only do breeding at very specific times...

Given all that, to see a 44 hour fail time incited in me both joy and rage in equal but opposite burning intensities.

It was THE EPIC of Epic Fails and after so many other failures that I had had, it seemed like I was being told that my breeding attempts for those two Dragons would be doomed. Easier to breed a Diamond than to breed a simple 'Rare' New Year's Fireworks. Elf I could understand being more difficult owing to its Super Rare status, but not the Fireworks.

Which I guess brings me to the point of my rant.

Though I somehow managed to surprise!breed myself an Ultra Rare Diamond Dragon out of all possibilities, I still never managed to breed either the Elf or the Fireworks and without knowing the Timer and figuring they would go away soon, I was breeding like a crazed maniac.

Though they haven't gone away yet and though I am still trying, it is now half-hearted as my experience has shown me that it is easier to breed for an Ultra Rare Diamond than it is to breed for Dragons that aren't even on the same caliber of rarity.

To see 44 hours after a monthlong string of SO MANY failures on top of so many other failures from previous Event Dragon breeding attempts was a literal shock and unlike some people who might be screaming for joy and may even forget all about breeding for an Elf or Fireworks, I ended up being floored by how -badly- I had failed in my breeding.

I know that I ought to be really freaking grateful and happy that I bred myself such a surprise - especially when there were THAT many possibilities in my combination (and I honestly AM happy that I bred one), but I guess the disappointment - fueled by a long string of failures starting from Halloween (trying to breed Pumpkin) and carrying over into the New Year - keeps winning over.

That said, I love my Dragons, still, and I love this game, still, and I still think I have some of the most awesome neighbors ever as we all seem to gift and gift alike when it comes to gifting gold and paying visits.

But I burned out after the whole craziness and am apparently still burned out and... well... I would rather not be - especially since I have so many new possibilities to try and a new Diamond Dragon to be proud of. :(

I guess it's just a part of being human; the human side of me that is emotional is still disappointed and thinking about THE Epic Fail of Epic Fails and the human side of me that is rational knows that this is just a game and yadda yadda yadda and that I ought to simply be happy that I bred such a rare Dragon by accident and that I could simply ignore all the pop-ups advertising all the new Dragons available to breed and just go about my merry way doing whatever, etc.

But after what happened, seeing all those pop-ups just makes me want to groan and I am once again reminded that for me, it is apparently easier to breed a Diamond than a Rare or a Super Rare - especially if it is an Event Dragon and I can't help but wonder if for me, that really IS the Truth.

Everyone's RNGs are different and everyone is going to have a different breeding experience; that is part of the 'magic' in all of this.

And yet a part of me just can't stop gawking at what happened. An ULTRA RARE popping out before a simple Rare?!

I take full responsibility for the fact that I used a combination that allowed such a possibility (I was VERY desperate at that time as all other combinations - repeated and otherwise - failed), but out of ALL things it could choose to give me in my string of breeding using that combination, it gave me the Epic Fail/Epic Win?

I just couldn't believe it and I apparently ended up not taking the news too well in the end, hence burning out.

So... yeah.

I'm trying to get back into things...

And have managed to breed myself a Parakeet (by accident) in my first attempt to breed a Caesar (the emotional side that wants to try and keep up with all the Event Dragons won and made me try for the new Dragon). Super Rare vs Rare and Super Rare wins once again as I try not to bang my head on my desk.

Anyways, thanks for reading if you happened to read and if you happen to share any constructive thoughts, thank you for that, too.

If you happen to be my neighbor, please excuse my lack of visits and gifts; I will try my best to get back into the swing of things and will hopefully be back to my gifting and visiting soon.

If you are someone who visited me when I made my post about accidentally breeding my Diamond Dragon, I did not add you back unless you specifically requested it on my Wall. I know/knew a lot of you have long neighbor lists that can be difficult to keep up with and I didn't want to add anyone unless I was sure that they wanted to be added. If you wanted to neighbor me, please post on my Wall so I will know that you want me to add you back? If it seems like I was ignoring you, that wasn't my intent; I simply didn't know what your intent was - especially given how much discussion there had been about being unable to keep up with too many neighbors, etc.

To the game, THANK YOU for the surprise; I'm sorry that I'm too stressed from all the crazy breeding to be properly happy.

On the poll on the top! I would also like to mention about the Food Price for the NEW DRAGONS! They're VERY crazy! 12500 Apples at Lvl 9? Dude,that's INSANE!

drevo77
07-01-13, 07:44 PM
Too many pop ups should be on that poll lol

HenryLucky1
07-01-13, 08:00 PM
Too many pop ups should be on that poll lol

But, you just get once/day now, better than pop ups/open game

dracoonic
07-02-13, 12:59 AM
I think I have got a whole lot of people who shared the same feelings as I do, maybe a group chat between Dragon Story players would be nice? :) preferably ingame group chat instead of posting on walls.

i cant get independence dragon :(

sunkalito
07-11-13, 11:37 PM
The colors aren't random. We'll reveal more early next week!

It's not a game of roulette. The colors aren't random. :P
(from the rainbow dragon thread, it's been announced there is a new set lf breeding rules)

Pony, I know you are only transmitting the info you were given... But, to me, this is wrong. Entirely wrong. With everything that is going on, now we can't really sure what is going on with the game... It's just ridiculous, instead of a deliberate process now it's a mish-mash of stupid "rules" (I would not even call them rules!!!)

- colors splitting like crazy (ever since black came out i only got ONE hybrid)

- same-hour breeding and hatching time for the same color combo(i have thought this to be one of the dumbest ideas they've ever had, EVER, because it is so unfair to players. No , it is not fun never knowing what we're getting!!)

- popping out dragons twice a week, it's sheer madness! And some of late are too ugly for words.

- this rainbow dragon looks ghastly at epic phase -.- baby is presentable, but afterwards it gradually gets worse!!

- random dragons being deemed LIMITED is really bad. Especially considering we only get 3-days notice before getting slapped with their sudden non-existance. How about older players who have those dragons previously, what SENSE does it make to them when TL says they're removing those dragons to make room for newer ones?

This whole thing just keeps getting more disrespectful. And it is not the first time that this thing with the enabled breeding happens, i remember a while back there was another new dragon, at the time, and people spent loads of gold only to find out it was not breedable YET despite it having been announced!! (Was it mythic? Dont remember)
It's just like they're mocking the players and that is not, absolutely NOT okay. It's been a year since i started and i don't have a diamond. Probably never will, what with the current pace of dragon premiers and constant change in color rules, i won't even have time or a chance to get it and the hybrids. Diamond was supposed to be the final prize, but TL keeps extending the road before it, and it just makes it boring instead of exciting, nagging instead of thrilling.

I've been neglecting my game so badly lately. Avoided the forum for like 2 months. Log in to breed and plant, if that much. It's just not fun anymore.mi'm just glad i never threw money in it, unlike my dad who spend a few hundred euros with this "crepe". Silly man. His reward was the double gold for speeding up, how cool is that? Sure, it didn't last forever, but it left a big mark and a bad dent and it just proved there is no respect for the players.

I am sorry for the long rant but i just need to vent at the terrible, horrible choices TL has been making lately!!

topherocious
07-12-13, 01:07 AM
All I can say to these new changes is that it's left me walking away from my island. The continuous release of new "types" is ridiculous, in my thoughts. Where are the hybrids of purple or yellow or blue? It's all "Hey guys, we just released a new type! Don't get too excited, though, cause every dragon of that type won't have a hybrid. Oh, and there's only going to be 3-4. Yeaaaaaah." Why can't they just release a type and work from them? And I know this has been states too many times and yet still goes ignored but the food prices for dragons is incredible enough for one dragon, but we get two dragons a week and sometimes 3. I've been playing for over a year now, I have every dragon except Stainglass (which I've decided not to spend money for or any more gold for that matter), and now I'm barely checking my dragons. I come to find out there's some "special surprise" coming due to this breeding change. I just think its become a big whole mess. Anyways, that's my rant.

zhynabella
07-12-13, 11:06 AM
Can I vote "all of the above"?

zhynabella
07-12-13, 11:09 AM
I do! xD

Can I vote "all of the above"?

flowless
07-14-13, 06:46 AM
Making eclipse limited is all what I needed to finally to quit the game

Am along term player
And I was so addicted to the game
I love collecting
And I couldn't rest till I get all dragons
I have even spent time to collect all the old dragons before they become limited
So imagine my suprise when I saw a relatively new dragon goes limited and miss the chance cuz I was busy getting the older one
That's when I lost interst in the game
I could never have a complete collection

So Thanx for that

Apart from this loved the game
Well designed , good concepts
But the it's no longer fun and interesting as I know that I will start missing dragons

annbluebird
07-14-13, 06:22 PM
What will make me stop to play soon is food price increase. Not in the poll.

moostermine
07-14-13, 06:33 PM
What will make me stop to play soon is food price increase. Not in the pool

Hey! Maybe I should redo the poll, with the most popular issues and the ones I missed? Get this one replaced?

annbluebird
07-14-13, 08:51 PM
Hey! Maybe I should redo the poll, with the most popular issues and the ones I missed? Get this one replaced?

Nice idea you had for the poll. Didnt know it was you ;) well no need to change we can add a post

MomsHouseofSweets
07-14-13, 08:59 PM
It's up to you, Moos. You can sure tell that folks are really unhappy, because the forum is very, very slow, as in nearly dead.

moostermine
07-14-13, 09:21 PM
It's up to you, Moos. You can sure tell that folks are really unhappy, because the forum is very, very slow, as in nearly dead.
Yes, and that's not good! As they say " Idle hands....."

Nice idea you had for the poll. Didnt know it was you ;) well no need to change we can add a post
Thanks! Well maybe after the new "special surprise" we won't need it any more.....

giantcookie
07-15-13, 12:47 AM
Long breeding and evolution times on 'popular' fails r driving me away from ds.. not in the poll

noir77
07-15-13, 04:47 PM
Hate the long common fail times, like magic and dawntree, coupled with fire, forest, short fail times right after. Took advantage of empty den and nest today to breed infinity today. Goodbye ds for two days! Maybe more if the game continues to be unfairly fustrating.

scottyhaha
07-21-13, 08:03 AM
I finally bred a fairy tale dragon but I'm not getting that feeling. It's like whatever.

lollipop_rp
07-21-13, 08:31 AM
Lol I'm trying to get bb and I still don't have that feeling. I only have Cheshire and ft

HenryLucky1
07-21-13, 08:32 AM
I have Fairytale on my nest too! Lol

moostermine
07-21-13, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry Scotty! I know I get that way sometimes too! Sometimes when something is too hard to get, sometimes when it's too easy. But now you can go for Big Bad! And that wil be exciting, it's one that is worth while!

yayacupcake
07-21-13, 08:39 AM
Lol I'm trying to get bb and I still don't have that feeling. I only have Cheshire and ft

Still going for Independence Dragon here... I been wanting to go after BB since it was released but TL keeps me away from it with Limited Dragons and new base elements, need to go after Rainbow before I go for BB again. Going to avoid Gemstone dragon like the plague though.

dragon1fighter
07-21-13, 11:49 AM
I can't get it cuz I need to be level 30 but I don't care cuz its ugly worm

eboats
07-21-13, 05:49 PM
Dragons are coming out faster than habitat spaces. Food cant be produced fast enough to keep dragons at epic. Higher cost habitats make it impossible to keep up with food. I wouldnt mind buying the gold producing habs if there was spaces for them and you could actually gain money while paying for enchanted food. I have one of the best highest producing islands out there and keeping up is impossible

kwhales
07-21-13, 06:00 PM
I can't get it cuz I need to be level 30 but I don't care cuz its ugly worm

And besides, the habitat cost 4 million coins.

twiztid_rogue
07-26-13, 06:19 AM
I love this game. Almost every time gold went on sale I was buying $35 dollar one, at this point though...I feel like I've wasted my money. Especially since it's ridiculously hard to breed most of the dragons! I've been working on getting either the Troll or Hunter dragon for WEEKS now. It's irritating as can be...even worse is the fact all I'm getting is Island dragons. There should be a limit to how many of one dragon you get. Seriously. Who wants 30 Island dragons? Or 30 of any dragons? The selection of what dragon comes out needs to change. Not the same one over and over and over and over. As much as I love this game, I've about had it. I can't remember the last dragon I got when breeding for it and that's just sad :(

gdmcrjunkie
07-27-13, 12:36 AM
I just accidentally bought a mermaid dragon... I was so close to getting my treasure dragon, been saving up for months... I don't even want to see the game icon right now.

welbysk
07-27-13, 03:58 AM
I quit as for today... tired dealing with TL

SAnnRobinson
08-03-13, 11:32 AM
I am getting extremely frustrated at never getting the dragon I want! I tried for 2-3 weeks to get the Cheshire dragon, never got it so I went to the big bad dragon ... One MONTH later I still don't have it after playing every day! I am now on one week trying to get the rainbow dragon and have yet to get it. Dragon Story, you are about to lose a player over this bull. One month is a ridiculous amount of time to attempt to get a dragon and fail to get it every time! Fix this or I quit!! :mad::mad::mad:

shinava
08-03-13, 04:05 PM
I am getting extremely frustrated at never getting the dragon I want! I tried for 2-3 weeks to get the Cheshire dragon, never got it so I went to the big bad dragon ... One MONTH later I still don't have it after playing every day! I am now on one week trying to get the rainbow dragon and have yet to get it. Dragon Story, you are about to lose a player over this bull. One month is a ridiculous amount of time to attempt to get a dragon and fail to get it every time! Fix this or I quit!! :mad::mad::mad: me too. Sickand tired of fruitfuls, islands, magics, corals and all common dragons

mash4u1
08-09-13, 06:05 PM
No longer fun. Collect coins a few times a day, grow food every 20 hours, wait 20 hours for another island dragon to hatch. I actually want to play a game where you get to play. Bummed android player.....

mrarfan
08-09-13, 07:42 PM
TeamLava! Are you even listening to us? We are giving Suggestions,Feedbacks and Complains but you don't even care?
What happen to you guys? Even a little reply would be NICE! a LITTLE reply! Please?

montrianmaster
08-10-13, 07:43 AM
I never get tired of dragon story

tr8on
08-12-13, 12:04 PM
Too much way too fast. TL needs to calm down a bit. Getting tired of feeling rushed with all the dragons I want and can't get. :/

mymummy789
08-14-13, 02:52 AM
Too much way too fast. TL needs to calm down a bit. Getting tired of feeling rushed with all the dragons I want and can't get. :/

agree. I went on holiday for a week last week and when I came back there were 12 new dragons to breed and then another new one on Monday and there is STILL another one to come on Thursday!!!
Please stop with the twice weekly updates. You don't do it on any other of your games, so why this one?

twospoons
09-01-13, 01:29 PM
No eventual about it. My last island has another couple of hours to hatch before I can sell it (I'm a complete hoarder with my gold), and then it's uninstall time! I quit once before because I found the game boring, then started again when a different story gave me the goal to install. I stuck around longer this time, but hatch, breed, and collect every few hours just is not enough for me--even the excitement of getting a new dragon I've been wanting won't hold me any longer. Maybe if I were ios, I'd stick around, but I'm not, and I'm gone.

rudipreciousmocha
09-02-13, 01:45 PM
I've been playing over a year. Expanded my island to its max. Got a diamond by accident. It takes months of frustrating breeding to get anything. New dragons keep coming in and I can't get the oldest ones. My game lags on my phone. I'm frustrated and bored. I love my dragons, but I'm abandoning them. I quit. Bummer.

roxy1437
09-02-13, 03:25 PM
Here's an idea TL

1.let use trade dragons amongst our neighbors.
2.Make the breeding and hatching time like 3-5 hrs. for common dragons
3.Give us leveled up gifts. (gold, coins crafting materials)
4. Make clearing our island cost less. Really888000 coins to clear a tree is a bit extreme!
5. If we buy gold how about matching it. You might get us to buy more then.

mystique28
09-03-13, 05:27 AM
I have been trying for a tropic dragon ams even got a tropic habitat but I keep getters magic. I actually lost count on how many magic I bred. I decided ro give it a rest and tried out 2 random dragons I have: virtue and aurora. And poof: got myself a diamond dragon. So yes I feel for those who wet unsuccessful in trying what they want and end up getting a surprise.

Lorgalis
09-08-13, 12:41 PM
I try for many weeks and more then (uncountable tries) for the peacock-dragon. Is this one still available at all? I only get genies all the ways, and now the royal, too. No peacockdragon. Really, I tried more then 100 times on the peacock (I spend some money in quickening breeding times). It is not available to purchase - so I wonder whether it is available at all, still.

drevo77
09-12-13, 10:31 AM
Can u guys bring something new to the game it's getting really boring just bring something exciting to the game

I wish they would, and not in the shape of a Monster-Drago creature. I mean, how many times have people asked for items other than "dragons" they still aint arrived maybe they never will, I hope it is not the begininng of the end., a lot of things dont make sense lately

mrarfan
09-13-13, 12:07 AM
I try for many weeks and more then (uncountable tries) for the peacock-dragon. Is this one still available at all? I only get genies all the ways, and now the royal, too. No peacockdragon. Really, I tried more then 100 times on the peacock (I spend some money in quickening breeding times). It is not available to purchase - so I wonder whether it is available at all, still.

Just got mine with Magic & Trickster [LV10]! Then another 3/4 tries..Got Royal and now trying for Naga! ;)

Lorgalis
09-14-13, 02:40 PM
Mrarfan, you are an iOS player and can see the Peacock in the shop, costing 600gps. I checked it with an iOS Player i know and he has it in his shop. Android does not. At least at the moment not. I ONLY got dragons I can also find in the shop.

mrarfan
09-15-13, 06:28 AM
Mrarfan, you are an iOS player and can see the Peacock in the shop, costing 600gps. I checked it with an iOS Player i know and he has it in his shop. Android does not. At least at the moment not. I ONLY got dragons I can also find in the shop.

Yes Lorgalis! I am an iOS player! I've also heard my classmate in school said that there is no Peacock Dragon in her shop either...She's on Android of course...Try PM-ing a CM or a Moderator and tell them about this situation! Or email support@teamlava.com

iTeedee
09-15-13, 06:53 AM
I've tried and tried and tried to breed with Night dragons and I've never achieved any of the goals. I'm so far behind now my list of goals is pages and pages. From time to time I'll try other goals and I'm now breeding my 5th or 6th 20 hour Magic dragon trying to get a Tropic. And the new quests keep piling up. I don't expect to get them first try, but with only one breeding den and (currently) the attempt for the Tropic giving me 20hr Magics, having never in months of going back, trying again and again to breed a goal with my Night, the game is losing its fun for me. I'm on an Android, so all I can do is breed to achieve goals. That's all the game is for me. I'm struggling to stay with a game that was fun for me. I need to be able to achieve so goals, even 1-2 a week would be an improvement. I play constantly, logging in 10-12 times a day to collect coin, check breeding status and replant. But no goal achievement. Not one Night bred since the day they were released. How do I stay interested. How does this game become fun for me again?

hamadrys
09-15-13, 08:46 AM
You have to let go... That is the only way to have fun again. TL releases dragons like nuts and nobody can keep up, unless you open your wallet wide and spit the $ for gold. Which I do not, not for this game anyway as I play the android version and that it fully sucks.
I went through phases of absolute disgust with this game, I even quit several times. Now, I have changed my mindset. I am going after what I want and I stopped worrying about the others. I get them if I get them, if not...whatever. My island is fully decorated and I have minimal space left. So I try to get the ones I find beautiful or interesting looking.
It as become a frustrating game where money is the main focus. Don't let them play you...

jesskiee
09-16-13, 09:28 AM
Fill your island with what dragons you like n don't bother giving a hoot about the rest :cool: that's why I've kept all my diamonds in their own habitats (except for little gold dragons) n sold a lot of others I wasn't keen on.. At one point I had almost all of them about 100 different dragons all squished in the habitats.. cracked it after I got my 5th Angel fail n thought stuff this I'm deleting dragons n I started selling common ones Fire.. Water.. Then ones u couldn't get anymore Elf.. Snowman.. More than 50 dragons gone just so I can keep the ones I like most :) it felt good :D Now you won't find any virtues, tropics or dawntrees ect on my Omg Diamonds island :cool: didn't even try for Leo or Tropic. Pretty happy having habitats full of Auroras, Tiger-eye, Rex' n mini Cheshires :p If anyones seen my other island Diamond Rainbow i did the same thing.. Cracked it at TL n sold dragons but decided to breed Rainbows flat out.. Something different n I love the rainbow dragon! In need of more habitats for diamond breeds n rainbows n more space.. doubt that will happen any time soon but hey can't win 'em all :/

eye_of_the_world
09-16-13, 11:07 AM
Fill your island with what dragons you like n don't bother giving a hoot about the rest :cool: that's why I've kept all my diamonds in their own habitats (except for little gold dragons) n sold a lot of others I wasn't keen on.. At one point I had almost all of them about 100 different dragons all squished in the habitats.. cracked it after I got my 5th Angel fail n thought stuff this I'm deleting dragons n I started selling common ones Fire.. Water.. Then ones u couldn't get anymore Elf.. Snowman.. More than 50 dragons gone just so I can keep the ones I like most :) it felt good :D Now you won't find any virtues, tropics or dawntrees ect on my Omg Diamonds island :cool: didn't even try for Leo or Tropic. Pretty happy having habitats full of Auroras, Tiger-eye, Rex' n mini Cheshires :p If anyones seen my other island Diamond Rainbow i did the same thing.. Cracked it at TL n sold dragons but decided to breed Rainbows flat out.. Something different n I love the rainbow dragon! In need of more habitats for diamond breeds n rainbows n more space.. doubt that will happen any time soon but hey can't win 'em all :/

You're game sounds so good, to the point where I don't believe it lol

drevo77
09-16-13, 06:03 PM
I've tried and tried and tried to breed with Night dragons and I've never achieved any of the goals. I'm so far behind now my list of goals is pages and pages. From time to time I'll try other goals and I'm now breeding my 5th or 6th 20 hour Magic dragon trying to get a Tropic. And the new quests keep piling up. I don't expect to get them first try, but with only one breeding den and (currently) the attempt for the Tropic giving me 20hr Magics, having never in months of going back, trying again and again to breed a goal with my Night, the game is losing its fun for me. I'm on an Android, so all I can do is breed to achieve goals. That's all the game is for me. I'm struggling to stay with a game that was fun for me. I need to be able to achieve so goals, even 1-2 a week would be an improvement. I play constantly, logging in 10-12 times a day to collect coin, check breeding status and replant. But no goal achievement. Not one Night bred since the day they were released. How do I stay interested. How does this game become fun for me again?

You are not alone, i have yet to finish most of my goals at level 103, I aint even completed the epic boosts, I ended up selling some dragons to make way for new. Besides, them boost things take up precious space and look a bit odd to me.. So heres to the list of goals getting longer than Inspector Gadgets arms... lol

kalika8998
09-16-13, 07:33 PM
I don't like this game so much because I can no longer get old dragons unless they come back for a limited time.

jesskiee
09-16-13, 09:42 PM
You're game sounds so good, to the point where I don't believe it lol

You may need sunglasses :cool: it's bright :p

moostermine
09-16-13, 09:55 PM
You may need sunglasses :cool: it's bright :p

All things Bright and Beautiful. All creatures Great and Small. All things Wild and Wonderful......

09-16-13, 11:10 PM

I've seen your islands. I guessed that may be why you had so many TE's and why I wanted to swipe some of them, when passing by. They are fun and lovely.

wayneh23
09-19-13, 04:48 PM
My game keeps crashing when i visit neighbours what can be done about this.

greygull
09-19-13, 05:05 PM

What device are you on? Which game version are you using?

wayneh23
09-19-13, 05:08 PM
Android, doesn't matter what version.

SteveEG158
09-20-13, 05:15 AM
I have at least 3 witch dragons but no elf I wish we could trade dragons

SteveEG158
09-20-13, 05:18 AM
Here's an idea TL

4. Make clearing our island cost less. Really888000 coins to clear a tree is a bit extreme!

I definitely agree

Turpsichore
09-20-13, 05:30 AM
Sorry, you'll need to wait until TL get round to fixing the memory leak. They are aware of the problem (it's been brought up regularly over the past 8 months or so) but have not, so far, publicly acknowledged it on the forums or given any indication if they are, or plan to be, working on it.

In the mean time, the only things you can do are either stop visiting or follow TL's own advice and send them an email each time the game crashes.

jesskiee
09-20-13, 10:23 AM
Here's an idea TL

This would be awesome :D
I'd **** to trade dragons with neighbours n between both my islands!
So sick of anything over 14hours to hatch.. :mad:
And its not much fun levelling up to 150 n not getting many cool things on the way.. Kinda boring really.. dunno what happened there
The arctic has the right idea with expanding..automatically clearing foliage when finished so we didn't have to pay 1mil n wait a day to get rid of a tree.
N that gold thing would be great it probably would get people to buy more :D but then they would increase the prices I bet :( can't win with TL I'm thinking

jesskiee
09-20-13, 10:25 AM
I've seen your islands. I guessed that may be why you had so many TE's and why I wanted to swipe some of them, when passing by. They are fun and lovely.

They are adorable aren't they :o

devastated1978
09-20-13, 12:18 PM
It would be nice if the arctic isle would be our new storage for dragons.

s_lynne
09-20-13, 12:55 PM
I haven't gotten ANY of the "latest" dragons on main island or arctic island. I got burnt out and bored long ago but I keep playing because I'm still waiting for my []moment. It seems like with every release of a new dragon, the harder it is to obtain even a "Rare" dragon. The game has become more and more REDICULOUS as time goes on.

s_lynne
09-20-13, 01:04 PM
I personally feel as though the game has become more of a "race war" with the concept of who is willing to spend money to obtain the most dragons. That May or may not be the case but that's how I feel.

belbar22
09-20-13, 02:02 PM
I have been playing for over a year and have decided that rather than chase after every dragon, I now only go after the dragons that I actually like. I do get frustrated when I get long fails but I set myself challenges such as levelling up dragons and achieving money milestones. However not sure how much longer I will play for because even if we get additional habitats, I am running out of places to put them and I am fully expanded.

aceblade
09-20-13, 02:14 PM
I have been playing for over a year and have decided that rather than chase after every dragon...

This is what I do too. My goal was to collect them all, but that didn't seem to be possible or fun, so now I just aim at what I like and hope it doesn't become LIMITED before I get it.

kwhales
09-20-13, 02:29 PM
I have been playing for over a year and have decided that rather than chase after every dragon, I now only go after the dragons that I actually like. I do get frustrated when I get long fails but I set myself challenges such as levelling up dragons and achieving money milestones. However not sure how much longer I will play for because even if we get additional habitats, I am running out of places to put them and I am fully expanded.

I have been playing over a year too and i was going after the dragons I want instead of all of them, but that is even getting boring. The game was fun a year ago. Many of the players from back then have gone and I feel I will be joining them soon.
TL has changed this game so much and alot of it not for the better. With all the color splitting, and outrageous prices on habs and even dragons, the fun is gone. TL has gone way past greedy. Proof is with the Treasure dragon soon to be price increase. Doesn't make sense. Are too many people buying it at the lower price? So they decided to increase the price to sell more gold? The coming and going of dragons is beyond wonder.

After this tournament is over, i think i will be over too. I will head over to Kingdom Clash (where you get a gem/gold every day as a daily bonus) and continue my battles there. I may stop in now and then, but who knows.

Lorgalis
09-20-13, 02:33 PM
Just reviewing what had happened this day and the nice dragons I can never get because I have a non iOS Game, as well as the things mentioned above make me quit this Game in the next days - reducing my activities much and spending my rare time and money otherwise. I played intensely for months, even at night. This time is over.

leonsandcastle
09-20-13, 02:50 PM
I don't think I'm necessarily bored, but I am getting beyond frustrated with the game. It used to be fun, trying to breed new dragons, leveling up, clearing space, etc., but it has gotten to the point where nothing new is happening. I don't mean that there are no new dragons to get, either! I am level 99, and have maybe two-thirds of all the dragons currently available, probably closer to half. I can't spend time wasting breeds to get new types (still no stone, no tropical, one dino, no rainbow, one zodiac, one cosmic) because I am still waiting for Diamond.

Yes, Diamond is Ultra Rare. Yes, there will always be people who pop in and say "well, I'm level 140 and I don't have one" but that's not the point. I have been trying different Diamond combinations almost exclusively for 6 months, and nothing. I wouldn't care, I'm not in need of coins, per se, but I need Diamond/hybrids for the tournaments. I refuse to spend any more gold on the tournys, and since then I have had my hat handed to me exclusively by the diabolical Diamond family. I am aware of strategies like baby fire brigade, but they have failed me as well, spending the last three days of the Kaleido Tournament trying to beat Dark Angel. I guess that leaves me feeling burned out, and it definitely makes the game not enjoyable.

Now, with the Treasure Dragon notice, I am probably done. I have been saving up for one, but with a price increase, I am not going to bother. It seems like the dragon has too good of a ROI at the price, so TL needs to make it worse/more expensive for the players. The changes made to the Terrace also limit the amount of gold for new buyers/players, again seemingly because the rewards were too beneficial, and they needed to be cut off.

I ALMOST spent my gold to Ultimate through the Diamond opponents, as I heard that Ninja breed was giving out free Goblin (which I have never been able to hunt down), but since that was apparently just fixed, I have no need. I spent fairly liberally with real money in the beginning, but as things got worse in-game, I spent less, and then not at all. I like the idea of the game, and the functions overall, but I am very unhappy with the "luck" of the game and how the last almost year has turned out.

Well, at least I feel less burnt out now after venting! :p

belbar22
09-20-13, 02:55 PM
I have been playing over a year too and i was going after the dragons I want instead of all of them, but that is even getting boring. The game was fun a year ago. Many of the players from back then have gone and I feel I will be joining them soon.
TL has changed this game so much and alot of it not for the better. With all the color splitting, and outrageous prices on habs and even dragons, the fun is gone. TL has gone way past greedy. Proof is with the Treasure dragon soon to be price increase. Doesn't make sense. Are too many people buying it at the lower price? So they decided to increase the price to sell more gold? The coming and going of dragons is beyond wonder.

After this tournament is over, i think i will be over too. I will head over to Kingdom Clash (where you get a gem/gold every day as a daily bonus) and continue my battles there. I may stop in now and then, but who knows.

Just looked it up and o get get it in the uk

mike257
09-20-13, 03:11 PM
I want to vote for everything

This game is a wind up and we're all suckers!

mrarfan
09-21-13, 03:08 AM

You are right kwhales! Agree with you! The game has gotten a LOT harder! Why on earth TL is increasing the price for Treasure Dragon? The others are gone =_=
This game has totally became one of them....! LOL!

snuggy95
09-21-13, 04:49 PM
I totally agree! This game is getting worse every day! Plus it's not fair for new players. I mean come on, 800 gold for Treasure Dragon is not enough for TL...-.- let me guess must be 1,000 gold next...They also release to many dragons at once and very hard to get. The gold traps are annoying so they want us to constantly buy it.

mrarfan
09-21-13, 05:00 PM
I totally agree! This game is getting worse every day! Plus it's not fair for new players. I mean come on, 800 gold for Treasure Dragon is not enough for TL...-.- let me guess must be 1,000 gold next...They also release to many dragons at once and very hard to get. The gold traps are annoying so they want us to constantly buy it.

Well..It's not 1000 Gold but 2000 Gold! It's same as the Diamond Dragon!

snuggy95
09-21-13, 05:08 PM
2,000......@.@ speechless...

vozier
09-21-13, 07:02 PM
its amazing people still play this game.

fagoggil
09-22-13, 09:06 PM
I used to really enjoy this game but now it just feels like a chore.
I just wait and collect , wait and collect , wait for lie to hatch , wait and collect , wait for life to hatch ..............
For me there needs to be something added to keep me and other haters playing ( something interactive and challenging would be nice )

Doubt much will change tho so not gonna hold my breath

I have said before the ONLY thing that keeps me playing is the friends I have found as neighbors.. The game is a waiting game with loonng breeding/hatching times, inability to get super rare dragons, hesitation, & force closures. HELP MAKE IT FUN AGAIN!!

jesskiee
09-22-13, 11:00 PM
I have been playing for over a year and have decided that rather than chase after every dragon, I now only go after the dragons that I actually like.

This is the Only way to go.. Keep ones u like n don't bother with trying for all the dragons... It's not as frustrating!!!!

kalika8998
09-28-13, 05:49 AM
I hope those seasonal dragons come back like other dragon games!

leanneharry
10-01-13, 06:18 PM
I'm a long term player level 104, but what are you doing to this game? It has now become practically impossible for players to continue without spending ridiculous amounts of gold, the tournaments all require gold to beat the last few dragons, the dragon summoning with the leafs is not mathematically possible without spending gold, the dragon splitting means same old dragons over & over, and there not necessarily common, they can be rare but all red, blue, purple, green & white!! Pink & black are rarer than diamond! In fact I got my diamond breeding deep & tiny hoping for some pink or black hybrid dragons, nope didn't get any in a month but got my ultra rare diamond. Lol... I talk to players when I visit & this is how everyone feels, I and my nbrs are all playing less and less often & getting fed up, we are gold buyers but the levels you are expecting lately is way to much, 1st tournament this new one I'm not even trying.

dotranwumpus
10-01-13, 06:22 PM
It's getting boring for the older players, but you know, who cares about us?

mrarfan
10-01-13, 06:24 PM
Well...I also used to love this game so much! Since TL have added lots of new dragons and removing dragons that doesn't make sense...I'm getting very bored now and might eventually quit the game :/

eye_of_the_world
10-01-13, 07:48 PM
It's getting boring for the older players, but you know, who cares about us?

Not me lol ...but TL does does :o

Emmzo123
10-02-13, 12:09 AM
Fed up with this game, there's nothing to do for me because I'm on android and I tried for both naga and summer when the timers came up, oh look.. No dragons. I spent gold trying to get them but remind me.. Never again.

J85909266
10-02-13, 11:43 AM
I agree that the rapid addition of new dragons coupled with the rapid removal of many desired, not even old dragons is very discouraging. Pair that with the parity issues and days or weeks of fails before finally getting a new dragons, and it makes for a pretty poor gaming experience.

cedkugedchgd
10-02-13, 12:15 PM
it's hard to believe but me, as a level 150 player who's been playing since may 2013: i'm also getting bored of this game.

it's got many reasons. main reason is that i got all the dragons that i REALLY want, but there are still 20 left. also, the game's gotten way to many new feautures in the last few weeks/months. so many that it becomes "slightly" annoying. another reason are all the trash dragons that have been released recently o_o TL, please don't get me wrong, i know you put a lot of effort in giving us these features but don't you listen to our feedback?

we've had enough of these weird element sets, like tropic royal etc. we also don't accept your greed for our money. it seems like you don't care about the fun of the game anymore but even more on our hardly earned pocket money :(

i have the feeling that i'll soon have to say goodbye to this game :( but who knows, everything could happen ;)

eye_of_the_world
10-02-13, 12:19 PM
it's hard to believe but me, as a level 150 player who's been playing since may 2013: i'm also getting bored of this game.

it's got many reasons. main reason is that i got all the dragons that i REALLY want, but there are still 20 left. also, the game's gotten way to many new feautures in the last few weeks/months. so many that it becomes "slightly" annoying. another reason are all the trash dragons that have been released recently o_o TL, please don't get me wrong, i know you put a lot of effort in giving us these features but don't you listen to our feedback?

we've had enough of these weird element sets, like tropic royal etc. we also don't accept your greed for our money. it seems like you don't care about the fun of the game anymore but even more on our hardly earned pocket money :(

i have the feeling that i'll soon have to say goodbye to this game :( but who knows, everything could happen ;)

Lol trash dragons! Yeah I think they suck too...

You said May 2013, did you mean 2012?

cedkugedchgd
10-02-13, 01:54 PM
Lol trash dragons! Yeah I think they suck too...

You said May 2013, did you mean 2012?

indeed!

oops, yes, i meant 2012 of course :D thanks :)

vozier
10-03-13, 10:17 AM
My story is no different

I am slowly drifting away frome the game, being an android user we suffer daily the lack of most features.
I am lvl 106 now, just bred my first DIAMOND, the FIRST ONE!!! Sadly as i already took the downhill road i am not as happy as i should, the game has really lost its magic.
After that i bred a TROLL dragon, its amazing how after i lost interest i am getting all the good stuff, thats the only thing keeping me from uninstalling all TL games.
I agree with most comments, new colors are just nonsense, i dont even try for them and try to keep my island as primitive as possible.
Although this is not an android parity post it seems its the only post were we can manifest our discontent and bitterness.

see ya around..... maybe.....

adrianelady
10-03-13, 01:54 PM
I am so tired of this game. It's not even exciting to breed anymore. I used to look forward to it, now I know I'm not gonna get what I'm going for. I've been going for hunter/troll for almost 2 months total. I also spent a couple weeks going for illusion/night elf. Black splits every time. I'm level 92 and I have 1 black hybrid!! 1!!! Aside from lotus which doesn't count cause I crafted him. I am so burnt out that I went to the extreme of playing dragonvale!! And guess what?? I like it. MUCH easier to get what you want, much easier to get gems, much easier all around!!

m4tthijs
10-03-13, 02:10 PM
I want my account back!!! Account right now: temporarym4tthijs

mistywjd
10-03-13, 05:51 PM
OMG, I can't stand playing anymore. I haven't gotten any new (to me) dragons in weeks. have tried for Virgo since the day it came out & still haven't got that. These tournaments that at first I thought were cool, r nothing but stressful money grabbers cause it's virtually impossible to win without using at minimum of 100 gems. but usually more. and forget about the quests. I spend every single day trying for Samuri pieces since the day it started & got my FIRST piece 2 says b4 it was gone so now I have a lousy sword that I can't even use. this game if officially terrible. I don't know how people still play it with the way it is now. it's just a waste of time & annoying. I quit. & I actually feel relieved!!!!

captainhair
10-03-13, 06:59 PM
I think this is a very clever game, with a compelling "hook" in the basic breed-and-feed model. But business and game decisions over the past few months have really be*** to feel like one kick in the pants after another.

I don't understand why TL isn't rushing to monetize me. I'm an Android player who loves the game, but I really have nothing to spend on. The features missing on Android are those that give the breed-and-feed basic game a purpose beyond just collecting dragons for display. I have no incentive to spend gold in the basic collecting - if anything, that would just lead to me run out of things to do even faster. You'd think monetizing Android players would be the #1 priority. Why bother with an 1800 gold treasure dragon when that's still outstanding?

I don't understand the focus on dragon turnover at the expense of updating outdated core game mechanics. I'm sure there's a clever business model around making dragons scarce to encourage purchases, introducing new limited time elements, and trying to design quests in a way that encourages small gold purchases for completion. But here we are trying to breed through a growing pool of increasingly complex combinations and elements while stuck with the same long "fails," using the same six farms, minmaxing the same habitats and sharing the same gifts over and over. A 20 hour island made sense a long time ago. It no longer makes sense given the volume of dragons and combinations now available, and frustration money is not going to be as sustainable as satisfaction money for a casual app (maybe it would work if you were Blizzard...).

I do understand the reps stuck between a rock and a hard place, having to police, giving us non-answers and red herrings for lack of being allowed to offer anything substantive. It makes me sad for all involved.

I do understand the complaints. Some people feel very passionately about a game like this, even if it's a casual one, and have invested quite a bit of time and money. I can't say I'm as outraged as others here, just confused and a little disappointed. I hope, like others here, that those in charge of this find a vision for this game again. Quite simply, I'll play until I'm done playing, and then I'll disappear quietly as many have before. That's how an opportunity to secure a customer will be lost.

eye_of_the_world
10-03-13, 07:22 PM
You're right, limiting dragons is a great idea... It pushes players to speed up and buy gold to get the dragon before it goes. A good way for TL to make money, but also a very bad decision to do this all the time. We have seen a lot of people on here, saying they are quitting because of how much gold they used to get a limited dragon and was not successful... Obviously getting frustrated and missing out in a dragon they liked is enough to make them leave.

Another thing that has made many quit, is slapping a timer on a dragon that was not seasonal.. Seasonal dragons can go, but it is only acceptable if they return like the Halloween dragons, people are expecting them to return but will they? They should be here tomorrow but who knows if TL will bring them back but making normal, old dragons limited isn't right. This annoyed a lot of people, and if you look back on the previous threads a lot of those players are no longer here.

kurebiz
10-03-13, 08:11 PM
Still don't understand the rationale for removing amethyst. But its not like any CM would say something about it. Most iOS users should have it by now, I know I would have if I was on iOS. iOS users had so many months to get it. and they finally allowed gemstone dragons to be bred, and in a short while wants to remove it with only a 5 day Timer that overlaps with summer?

FMA16
10-03-13, 08:36 PM
I feel that the amount of cash required to build habitats or expand is ridiculous, especially when the return is minimal. Also trying to breed for rare and super rare dragons is becoming a pain. I don't have unlimited time trying to breed for them. Getting the fails over and over again is slowly pushing me towards never coming back to this game again. It's almost like if you want a certain dragon that is not common then you'll have to buy gold to buy that dragon. This game is just a money making scheme.

eye_of_the_world
10-03-13, 09:02 PM
Still don't understand the rationale for removing amethyst. But its not like any CM would say something about it. Most iOS users should have it by now, I know I would have if I was on iOS. iOS users had so many months to get it. and they finally allowed gemstone dragons to be bred, and in a short while wants to remove it with only a 5 day Timer that overlaps with summer?

I doubt Amethyst is gonna be the last gemstone to go... I think Emerald might be next. It will be awful if onyx, Jade, tiger's eye or Quartz become limited because these are hard to get... For crafting or breeding

moostermine
10-03-13, 09:10 PM
I doubt Amethyst is gonna be the last gemstone to go... I think Emerald might be next. It will be awful if onyx, Jade, tiger's eye or Quartz become limited because these are hard to get... For crafting or breeding

It's a good thing you guys were talking about this!
I almost forgot to put Amethyst in the spell shop in my other acct!
Really not good that this is going, especially for android and new iOS players!

picklylily
10-04-13, 08:38 AM
Soooo many limited dragons at the same time. :/
TL is giving way for new content by letting go of "old" dragons.
With this system, they're also pushing away old players.
A lot of good friends and neighbors have already moved on. :/

tuskmage
10-04-13, 09:51 AM
Soooo many limited dragons at the same time. :/
TL is giving way for new content by letting go of "old" dragons.
With this system, they're also pushing away old players.
A lot of good friends and neighbors have already moved on. :/

I'm still with you :p & Old dragons like Magic, Island, Fruitful & Firestorm are always with you too. So don't worry.

wayneh23
10-05-13, 02:30 AM
Finally decided to call it quits, i have had enough of TL and the android garbage this game has given me over the last few months, i had 140+ EPIC dragons was only 3 diamond hybrids away from a full deck but meh whatever, to make sure i never come back i sold all my dragons, so TL you got what you wanted another Android player has left i hope you end up missing my money but i doubt it, to my neighbours stop sending me gold and GL.

eye_of_the_world
10-05-13, 02:48 AM
Finally decided to call it quits, i have had enough of TL and the android garbage this game has given me over the last few months, i had 140+ EPIC dragons was only 3 diamond hybrids away from a full deck but meh whatever, to make sure i never come back i sold all my dragons, so TL you got what you wanted another Android player has left i hope you end up missing my money but i doubt it, to my neighbours stop sending me gold and GL.

You sold them all!! Wow you really must've had enough

GoldSpectra
10-05-13, 02:53 AM

Wow! you quit in the right way. Selling all your dragon is the right way to quit unlike some of the empty threat, did you sold all your habitats & nets too? I never saw a big empty island before. I will go over there to take a look at your big empty island. GL to you too with all my respect.

GoldSpectra
10-05-13, 02:54 AM
You sold them all!! Wow you really must've had enough

You should do the same too when you have enough.

eye_of_the_world
10-05-13, 02:57 AM
You should do the same too when you have enough.

I doubt I would ever do that, but I have stopped buying gold. That's my way of "quitting" ...I will still play, but I no longer support this game with my money.

GoldSpectra
10-05-13, 03:03 AM
I know an Island that has many Unicorn, that player must posted he/she going quit about 1000 time already. Unfortunately that player just doing that for attention sad. If someone want to do it. Do it right like wayneh23 don't just say it and keep coming back.

eye_of_the_world
10-05-13, 03:05 AM
I know an Island that has many Unicorn, that player must posted he/she going quit about 1000 time already. Unfortunately that player just doing that for attention sad. If someone want to do it. Do it right like wayneh23 don't just say it and keep coming back.

Yes, I agree if you're gonna quit do it, stop saying it over and over again.. It gets boring lol

GoldSpectra
10-05-13, 03:10 AM
Yes, especially after you deleted all your neighbors off & the next day you come black and talk to them like nothing happen and then do it again and come back again. Very sad. lol

kalika8998
10-05-13, 07:18 AM
I am now extremely bored of DS because a dragon gets removed when I am about to get it. They must come back for a while and I really want those Forestfire and Mistmoth Dragons. If not, I will leave! I MEAN IT! :mad:

kalika8998
10-05-13, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry that you are going wayneh23, but I applaud your conviction.
One other thing I might suggest, if you happen to see this. I've heard of players who have left goodbye messages in paving stones on their islands when they leave.
Just something short and sweet, even an acronym. For example: Forever United ,Time Limited
I completely agree...

innamoramento
10-05-13, 02:53 PM
One other thing I might suggest, if you happen to see this. I've heard of players who have left goodbye messages in paving stones on their islands when they leave.
Just something short and sweet, even an acronym. For example: Forever United ,Time Limited

That is an awesome idea. I don't come out of my hole much, but for this I'll make an exception. It totally rocks.

kalika8998
10-05-13, 03:02 PM
That is an awesome idea. I don't come out of my hole much, but for this I'll make an exception. It totally rocks. Completely rocking!

doop01
10-05-13, 06:23 PM

Oh, that's a great phrase! It totally articulates the DS game for the android player! Not so sure what you mean by acronym though.....

doop01
10-05-13, 06:25 PM
Oh, that's a great phrase! It totally articulates the DS game for the android player! Not so sure what you mean by acronym though.....
Oh, hang on....yeah......I think I know someone who did that.....

mrarfan
10-05-13, 06:28 PM

Acronyms are short forms of words!
Example : Oh My God --> OMG
OMG is the Acronym! Lol
-----------------------------------------
Could be cool ;)

doop01
10-05-13, 06:50 PM
Acronyms are short forms of words!
Example : Oh My God --> OMG
OMG is the Acronym! Lol
-----------------------------------------
Could be cool ;)
Yeah, I understand that, just didn't quite get this particular one at first lol

kalika8998
10-05-13, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I understand that, just didn't quite get this particular one at first lol
I love acronyms as well!

kooky panda
10-06-13, 07:27 AM
Guys please keep this thread on topic. You can continue your personal conversations via private messaging.

kalika8998
10-06-13, 07:56 AM
Guys please keep this thread on topic. You can continue your personal conversations via private messaging.
Okay Kooky, sorry! In which did you voted?

creolepraline
10-06-13, 10:47 AM

You guys are making my weekend better and better. Who needs breaking bad when you all are filled with so much humor?

kalika8998
10-06-13, 11:23 AM
You guys are making my weekend better and better. Who needs breaking bad when you all are filled with so much humor?
Me, but only when I am sad!

kooky panda
10-06-13, 07:35 PM
Okay Kooky, sorry! In which did you voted?
I did not vote on the poll, because I really cannot say right now what would make me quit the game.
I am still having fun .

I will say that I did change my personal goals in the game when the color splitting was introduced.

When I was first playing I was one of the power players that spent tons of gold in the game because I wanted to have every new dragon that was released!
At one point I did have a full album and was very proud of it.

When the color splitting started, I like alot of you was not too happy and I got very frustrated with the game. I was hoping with feedback TL would change it back, but since that did not happen, I did think about quitting the game. I think I even took a break for a few days.

I missed my dragons so I decided I was not ready to give up on the game so I decided to change my own personal goals.

I no longer try to get every dragon that is released.

When I get lucky and get one of the dragons (just got the Owl! Yeah me!!) I go and see which dragons I am missing, and I pick one that I know I already have a habitat for.
Kinda sad, but I have quite a few to pick from these days. LOL

Not getting every new dragon is sad, but man when I get one that I have been trying for, that is very exciting!!

I have been playing TL games since day one and when changes are made to one of the games that I am not happy about I will post my feedback and cross my fingers that TL will change it back. I have seen things changed back based on constructive feedback, but also no changes.
At the end of the day, I do know that these are TL's games and they will make decisions on how they want to run their games, but I have the choice to accept the changes or leave the game.

I control the game, I do not let the game control me.

I do appreciate that this forum does allow us to all participate with our feedback and even though some of you think they are not listening, I promise you that they are reading
the feedback that you guys take the time to post. I think that this is the first game forum where I have seen the developers take time from their busy schedules to come and read
and respond to some of the feedback given by players.

I usually give a new change a little time, and like Dragon story, I make a decision if I can still enjoy the game with the new changes.
If not, I then usually quit that game.

mrarfan
10-06-13, 08:38 PM
I did not vote on the poll, because I really cannot say right now what would make me quit the game.
I am still having fun .

I will say that I did change my personal goals in the game when the color splitting was introduced.

When I was first playing I was one of the power players that spent tons of gold in the game because I wanted to have every new dragon that was released!
At one point I did have a full album and was very proud of it.

When the color splitting started, I like alot of you was not too happy and I got very frustrated with the game. I was hoping with feedback TL would change it back, but since that did not happen, I did think about quitting the game. I think I even took a break for a few days.

I missed my dragons so I decided I was not ready to give up on the game so I decided to change my own personal goals.

I no longer try to get every dragon that is released.

When I get lucky and get one of the dragons (just got the Owl! Yeah me!!) I go and see which dragons I am missing, and I pick one that I know I already have a habitat for.
Kinda sad, but I have quite a few to pick from these days. LOL

Not getting every new dragon is sad, but man when I get one that I have been trying for, that is very exciting!!

I have been playing TL games since day one and when changes are made to one of the games that I am not happy about I will post my feedback and cross my fingers that TL will change it back. I have seen things changed back based on constructive feedback, but also no changes.
At the end of the day, I do know that these are TL's games and they will make decisions on how they want to run their games, but I have the choice to accept the changes or leave the game.

I control the game, I do not let the game control me.

I do appreciate that this forum does allow us to all participate with our feedback and even though some of you think they are not listening, I promise you that they are reading
the feedback that you guys take the time to post. I think that this is the first game forum where I have seen the developers take time from their busy schedules to come and read
and respond to some of the feedback given by players.

I usually give a new change a little time, and like Dragon story, I make a decision if I can still enjoy the game with the new changes.
If not, I then usually quit that game.

Wow kooky! xD

I agree with you! I always hope TL will change the game to a better game! Because TL has the best games and I don't know where they got those epic music :/
Please TL! Stop ignoring our feedbacks and start changing the way it should be

kalika8998
10-06-13, 10:03 PM
Wow kooky! xD

I agree with you! I always hope TL will change the game to a better game! Because TL has the best games and I don't know where they got those epic music :/
Please TL! Stop ignoring our feedbacks and start changing the way it should be
Yeah TL! Stop ignoring us or do a new fun feature because see that some players are getting bored of DS. We can make our game better if you start a new feature to get dragons, bring back some dragons (like Halloween and Thanksgiving for example, also the Quetzal Dragon or start a new Forest x Diamond hybrid), bring back the Spinning Wheel (or the Treasure Cave), don't make tournaments too fast because you need to heal them, increase the number of habitats, make the Treasure Terrace back to 10 gold capacity, don't remove very good dragons, advice the polls (like bringing a limited dragon back, making new items,etc.), obey some feedbacks, bring back at least only one time again the goals for the Nether Portal and Rose Archway, increase posibilities for very rare dragons, stop making gold traps,etc. I almost got the Samurai Dragon, Leviathan Dragon, and several craftable dragons but they have now been removed and I am now extremely bored of DS. Making the Knight and Gladiator Dragons limited made me even more bored. I know that DS is a good game, [removed third party reference] I want back more dragons because I am thin King of get retired of DS because I always wanted dragons like Forestfire, Mistmoth, and Quetzal Dragons but they were removed. It would be back if you let them say for a couple days and then remove them but removing them forever no! Normally they never come back and I really want them to be re-released for a while. If all this happens, the game will be a very popular. Several people add their feedbacks and that never happened for sure thus far. Maybe that can happen later as this is a good term. I was so scared when the Stainglass and Midas Dragons were removed as they are our gold earning dragons. I hope you can make the game better soon. Thanks!

kalika8998
10-06-13, 10:16 PM
Yeah TL! Stop ignoring us or do a new fun feature because see that some players are getting bored of DS. We can make our game better if you start a new feature to get dragons, bring back some dragons (like Halloween and Thanksgiving for example, also the Quetzal Dragon or start a new Forest x Diamond hybrid), bring back the Spinning Wheel (or the Treasure Cave), don't make tournaments too fast because you need to heal them, increase the number of habitats, make the Treasure Terrace back to 10 gold capacity, don't remove very good dragons, advice the polls (like bringing a limited dragon back, making new items,etc.), obey some feedbacks, bring back at least only one time again the goals for the Nether Portal and Rose Archway, increase posibilities for very rare dragons, stop making gold traps,etc. I almost got the Samurai Dragon, Leviathan Dragon, and several craftable dragons but they have now been removed and I am now extremely bored of DS. Making the Knight and Gladiator Dragons limited made me even more bored. I know that DS is a good game, [removed third party reference] I want back more dragons because I am thin King of get retired of DS because I always wanted dragons like Forestfire, Mistmoth, and Quetzal Dragons but they were removed. It would be back if you let them say for a couple days and then remove them but removing them forever no! Normally they never come back and I really want them to be re-released for a while. If all this happens, the game will be a very popular. Several people add their feedbacks and that never happened for sure thus far. Maybe that can happen later as this is a good term. I was so scared when the Stainglass and Midas Dragons were removed as they are our gold earning dragons. I hope you can make the game better soon. Thanks!

Sorry I mean thinking not thin King!

mrarfan
10-06-13, 10:32 PM

I really agree with you kalika! I hope a Mod pass it to the developers or CM lol

vozier
10-07-13, 05:17 AM
Very nice to see some mod feedback in here.
As i said i am slowly wandering away, my neighbors know so because i aint walling anymore and i was a big time wall poster, tried to make everyones day a better one with some humor and creativity.
That said i am still playing, the breeding and feeding is fun enough to enter once or twice a day. I think that most of us posting here, and probably 100% android players, want just some indication that we are heard. Even if non of the IOS features do appear eventually in our android devices, a nice gesture would be that ANY new features are launched for all platforms, that would show us you care.
I think the word quit means we are not spending a single buck in gold, that we will be playing this game like a solitaire. If TL is ok with that then keep it up by all means, but if you really want to catch players interest and get some gain ouf us, then you will have to give us some kind of hope, a bone...
Closing all the android parity posts did nothing but confirm we are not heard and that we are actually hushed, that for some reason you dont want us in this forum, that we are being brushed under the carpet.
So really, no ammount of wisdom writing, positive views or else will make us change our mind, we need real facts, real features, and real understanding.

If i ever sell all my dragons and habitats to quit once and for all (i doubt i will because my baby son loves to see my dragons), i would write only one word in stonepaths:

ANDROID

AuntyRose32
10-07-13, 10:29 AM
I log in to send my neighbours gold and that's pretty much it. The overwhelming amount of time you need to invest in this game now to keep up with new dragons, split colours, limited dragons, battle arena goals, the new island (I can't even remember what the new island is called...that's how little it means to me anymore) is just too much. It's not fun anymore, I can't tell you the last time I got a new dragon and on the extremely rare occasion I do get one my bubble is instantly burst because right then I see the pop up for the latest dragon TL has chosen to remove from the game and of course it's a dragon I don't have and will never get the chance to have. So the gratification of the game is gone for me. I feel like a hamster on a wheel, running but getting nowhere.

I think the worst thing to happen to this once great game was making the dragons limited. I understand the holiday dragons been limited, that was fun but randomly choosing regular dragons and making them limited is annoying. What is it achieving? I can't see it encouraging people to spend money to try and get those dragons, I just become frustrated and firmly decide not to spend money on the game because of it but maybe that's just me. I do see all the hard work TL has put into this game, I just feel like they have maybe taken it too far and forgot to keep the player happy too. I know it's impossible to keep everyone happy but just from looking on the forum it's plain to see the overall feeling towards DS has shifted for the worse.

It used to be so much fun and that's just not the case anymore. Sometimes less is more and I think that's what they've forgotten. The 'lets bombard them with so much new content that they'll be dazzled into thinking the game is great' approach has in my opinion been an epic fail. I miss dragon story but, it is just a game after all so I don't get irrationally upset about it, I just let it go and move on to something better. I've learned well from past experience with these games that it's not worth my time, emotion or money.

kalika8998
10-07-13, 10:50 AM
I log in to send my neighbours gold and that's pretty much it. The overwhelming amount of time you need to invest in this game now to keep up with new dragons, split colours, limited dragons, battle arena goals, the new island (I can't even remember what the new island is called...that's how little it means to me anymore) is just too much. It's not fun anymore, I can't tell you the last time I got a new dragon and on the extremely rare occasion I do get one my bubble is instantly burst because right then I see the pop up for the latest dragon TL has chosen to remove from the game and of course it's a dragon I don't have and will never get the chance to have. So the gratification of the game is gone for me. I feel like a hamster on a wheel, running but getting nowhere.

I think the worst thing to happen to this once great game was making the dragons limited. I understand the holiday dragons been limited, that was fun but randomly choosing regular dragons and making them limited is annoying. What is it achieving? I can't see it encouraging people to spend money to try and get those dragons, I just become frustrated and firmly decide not to spend money on the game because of it but maybe that's just me. I do see all the hard work TL has put into this game, I just feel like they have maybe taken it too far and forgot to keep the player happy too. I know it's impossible to keep everyone happy but just from looking on the forum it's plain to see the overall feeling towards DS has shifted for the worse.

It used to be so much fun and that's just not the case anymore. Sometimes less is more and I think that's what they've forgotten. The 'lets bombard them with so much new content that they'll be dazzled into thinking the game is great' approach has in my opinion been an epic fail. I miss dragon story but, it is just a game after all so I don't get irrationally upset about it, I just let it go and move on to something better. I've learned well from past experience with these games that it's not worth my time, emotion or money.
I agree with you!

shortyrules2
10-07-13, 11:55 AM
I agree! I admit that i'm frustrated at the amount of new dragons being constantly released. I used to have all the dragons except for 12 since most that i was missing were Diamond Hybrids... Now i'm missing at least 30 dragons, and havn't bothered with the last couple tournaments because i can't seem to breed any new dragons. Not to mention that i'm maxed out on habitats, so if i get any more dragons i won't be able to put them anywhere. I've come to the conclusion that i'm only going to go for the dragons that i really want, and not stress over the ones that i don't have because then i'll end up quitting for good. I also think that the rarity for all the new dragons are so rare it's impossible to get because most are more rare than the Diamond dragon... And we all know how difficult it is to get a diamond dragon.

I wish we had more habitats, for TL to slow down the release of new dragons to 1 a week or 2a month, and have it be easier to get the new dragons... Don't make them so impossible to get.

I think it would be great also to bring back some of the seasonal dragons...zombie,pumpkin,elf,snowman,ect. With maybe a few NEW seasonal dragons like a Santa, or Reigndeer dragon, or a mistletoe dragon. For Halloween, you could still do werewolf dragon or witch dragon, or some other type. Just a suggestion...

vozier
10-08-13, 06:05 PM
Completely my feelings too, if it werent for my fresh DIAMOND dragon i would have left already, i hardly believe anything is harder than diamond anyway, it took me 105 lvls to get 1.

mrarfan
10-09-13, 02:50 AM

100% agreed!
The only weird thing is they make regular dragons as LIMITED! That's the worst part ever TL has made...Also,the thing that they won't bring back the older SEASONAL dragons...
Not even fair! The other games does bring these items back..Why can't DS?

mityaj
10-09-13, 11:32 AM
Something strange is with breeding: I'm getting same super rare dragons one after another (Atlantis, which I already have), but no new dragons, even though they are supposed to be just rare. 25 attempt and going breeding dark angel and emerald... No equinox, no onyx, no jade. Feel like abandoning the game :-(

HappyFarmersWife
10-09-13, 11:52 AM
I stopped playing Dragon Story for the very same reason Secure so eloquently wrote about. Too hard to get new dragons, , too long of a wait, too many new ones coming and old ones leaving too quickly, gold taken away way too easily and all of this produces frustration, boredom, and feelings of defeat. Must also add it became to difficult to go to other Islands and move around my own Island because of the massive amount of gigs required.

HappyFarmersWife
10-09-13, 11:54 AM
Sorry, my tablet changed the players name I was referring to...

The_Real_Chris_B
10-09-13, 09:11 PM
Why do they make dragons limited and why do they take so long to breed and hatch? Because they want you to pay for gold to speed everything up.

megaloos
10-09-13, 10:02 PM
Completely my feelings too, if it werent for my fresh DIAMOND dragon i would have left already, i hardly believe anything is harder than diamond anyway, it took me 105 lvls to get 1.
Level 114 here and it still hasn't dropped for me (along with bunches of other dragons now)

draquis
10-10-13, 05:25 AM
Something strange is with breeding: I'm getting same super rare dragons one after another (Atlantis, which I already have), but no new dragons, even though they are supposed to be just rare. 25 attempt and going breeding dark angel and emerald... No equinox, no onyx, no jade. Feel like abandoning the game :-(
Same for me, mountains of superrares I already have, but no able to get new ones ev3en if they are only rares.

J85909266
10-10-13, 09:29 AM
Same here. Old super rares are dropping like candy at a parade. Too bad I have them all.

moostermine
10-10-13, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, please bare with me as this isn't a frustrated rant but I didn't think anyone would thank me for starting an "I'm Sad" thread. And also it does have a game related point, if I may.....

It's is important enough to me that I made myself late for work this morning, trying to write it, then deleted the whole thing, because it wasn't coming out right. So here goes....

I want to come on and say that "I'm sad" and since I always try to keep things happy and positive in here, it was your guys' turn to cheer me up...but the that's when I realized I would be wrong to ask that.
I'm one of those people who tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing no one...they do say that the road to ( a really warm place) is paved with good intentions! And I'm a shining, or really tarnished, example of that for sure! When I realize that once again I have let somebody down it makes me sad, whether in real life or here in the forum/game and that's what I seem to be doing lately.
So as I said, I was sad and going to come here, demanding or begging to be cheered up! But that isn't your guys' job, it's mine! And here is where the game related part comes in....
...we make our own happiness people! We make our own fun!
Others can't do it for us!
If the game rules are changed change your game!
If the forum isn't fun and entertaining for you, do something to make it that way!
The rules of the forum and game are like a fence around the playground, if you toss your ball over the fence, you don't get to play anymore, but there are plenty of ways to bounce that ball, and still keep it inside the fence!

I am still sorry that I can't make everyone happy, but I am happy knowing that I tried my best and my intentions are good. I would never intentionally do something against someone I consider a friend, I hope you guys know that?

That being said, this is our game! Lets play!

tuskmage
10-10-13, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, please bare with me as this isn't a frustrated rant but I didn't think anyone would thank me for starting an "I'm Sad" thread. And also it does have a game related point, if I may.....

It's is important enough to me that I made myself late for work this morning, trying to write it, then deleted the whole thing, because it wasn't coming out right. So here goes....

I want to come on and say that "I'm sad" and since I always try to keep things happy and positive in here, it was your guys' turn to cheer me up...but the that's when I realized I would be wrong to ask that.
I'm one of those people who tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing no one...they do say that the road to ( a really warm place) is paved with good intentions! And I'm a shining, or really tarnished, example of that for sure! When I realize that once again I have let somebody down it makes me sad, whether in real life or here in the forum/game and that's what I seem to be doing lately.
So as I said, I was sad and going to come here, demanding or begging to be cheered up! But that isn't your guys' job, it's mine! And here is where the game related part comes in....
If the forum isn't fun and entertaining for you, do something to make it that way!
The rules of the forum and game are like a fence around the playground, if you toss your ball over the fence, you don't get to play anymore, but there are plenty of ways to bounce that ball, and still keep it inside the fence!

I am still sorry that I can't make everyone happy, but I am happy knowing that I tried my best and my intentions are good. I would never intentionally do something against someone I consider a friend, I hope you guys know that?

I'm happy :o And I'm glad to have you as my friend :p People likes to complaint about the forum moderators, but keeping us forum user in check is their job.

As the human nature we love to break rules, Same thing as driving on the highway, there's speed limit rules, But how many of us will drive between the speed limit? We all like to violate the rules, but once the police hand us a citation for driving over the speed limit, We be really upset at the Officer, thinking that there's nothing wrong for us to driving over the speed limit, there's many other people driving over the speed limit too, why me? Well driving over the speed limit is violating the rules and we know the rules, if you get caught suck it up and pay the fine. Don’t look the other way and blame someone else for your own action.

J85909266
10-10-13, 11:37 AM
My problem isn't following real rules, it's following rules that are so vague that they can be interpreted as anything the moderator wants. That would be like getting a ticket because the officer doesn't like you attitude, even though you didn't violate any laws.

That said, I know moderating isn't easy, especially an official forum, like this one.

kooky panda
10-10-13, 11:50 AM
Hey guys, I appreciate the great posts , but discussing the forum rules is not forum appropriate. If you have questions , concerns or confusion, regarding the forum rules and procedures you can file a forum dispute (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) and discuss these with a community manager.

Thanks!

vozier
10-10-13, 01:30 PM
Beautiful words my friend.
Sadly i am past positiveness at this point.
I am an android user and its painfull to play a game that you clearly see 50% of the players have 50% or more features you cant have.
Many neighbors ask me why i have so many dragons for example.... because i cannot trade them, and selling for 100 coin? Funny to say the least.
That said (repeatedly btw) i keep playing, but its not even 5% as fun as it used to be, months have past and i only stick for sending maps, gold and visiting a few neighbors.
Sometimes the only relief one has is to complain and demand.

si03f
10-10-13, 01:46 PM
I know the poll is already up but there are a couple things not up there that are high up on my reasons why I consider quitting dragon story for good. I do get so fed up that I stop playing for a couple months but then I'll try to give it a chance again & its pretty much a cycle. But visiting neighbors is pretty much impossible bcuz it forces close before I can px6 @ 1 neighbors island. So my rating is non existent & I lose neighbors. But the thing I have a huge issue w/ is all the cool features apple players have that android players do not. Instead of working on giving android players @least ONE of the features apple players have, instead they come out w/ more new stuff that only ppl apple ppl can use! Its not fair at all and its been going on for soooo long and still, android players go w/out and have to just accept that they will always have access to less than players who have apple products. That's a big reason I consider quitting for good. Also, having to leave DS tropic. & open DS new dawn just to avoid having to feed my dragons literally thousands in food. New dawn has stayed starting @ 1 but tropics starts much higher than that along w/ every other version of the game! What a rip off. Makes me feel like team lava doesn't care about anything but trying to take advantage of its players (me) as well as my $.

belbar22
10-10-13, 03:04 PM

What a lovely post and so beautifully put. You are also absolutely right. It sometimes amazes me when people on the forum complain and moan and repeatedly threaten to quit. If you are not happy with the game, then do not play it. I am not a Gold player so for me the game is free. I do not like the constant changes to the rules and the constant stream of new dragons, however I make the game work for me so for me it is still fun. If ever it is not fun, I will stop playing. At the end of the day TL can do what they want as it is their game. If they were losing money by making the changes they make, I am sure they would do something different, so I can only assume that for all the unhappy people, there are lots of people who are happy enough to continue playing and buy gold.

I like coming on the forum, however it would be really nice if some people were more positive (this is not aimed at anyone in particular) as it seems a shame that they continue to play a game that makes them so frustrated, burned out and bored.

1LPme
10-11-13, 01:59 AM
Ever since I met my Best Friend for life, I've been a much better driver. And I'm happy for that, thought you should know, I'm happy too, as long as my Best Friend is next to me, :-)

I'm happy :o And I'm glad to have you as my friend :p People likes to complaint about the forum moderators, but keeping us forum user in check is their job.

As the human nature we love to break rules, Same thing as driving on the highway, there's speed limit rules, But how many of us will drive between the speed limit? We all like to violate the rules, but once the police hand us a citation for driving over the speed limit, We be really upset at the Officer, thinking that there's nothing wrong for us to driving over the speed limit, there's many other people driving over the speed limit too, why me? Well driving over the speed limit is violating the rules and we know the rules, if you get caught suck it up and pay the fine. Don’t look the other way and blame someone else for your own action.

moostermine
10-11-13, 10:35 AM
Ever since I met my Best Friend for life, I've been a much better driver. And I'm happy for that, thought you should know, I'm happy too, as long as my Best Friend is next to me, :-)

Hehe, agree! People need to appreciate that friends and family are the most valuable things we have! If we have that, what else really matters?

FrozenTurtle
10-11-13, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone! We do appreciate all the wonderful feedback you have given us. This let's us know what we need to work on. While we can't accommodate all your requests, we definitely let our team know what our players want. Also be sure that all the feedback is constructive.

We don't want to close this thread, so please remember to stay on topic. Discussing moderator actions is not appropriate. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post in the Forum Disputes (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes). Thank you!

alina386
10-18-13, 08:05 AM
Frustration IS the Name of the Teamlava Dragon Story game! When I get 5 Islands in a row, then Wizard ("Rare", yeay!), then 7 Islands+Fruits in a row, then Magic ("Rear", yeay!), then xxx Islands in a row again... - am I supposed to be optimistic and NOT frustrated??? And this is after I paid you guys some REAL MONEY FOR GOLD!!! No, thank you!

alina386
10-19-13, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone! We do appreciate all the wonderful feedback you have given us. This let's us know what we need to work on. While we can't accommodate all your requests, we definitely let our team know what our players want. Also be sure that all the feedback is constructive!

Just a small idea what you need to work on. How about giving ANDROID users some of the features IOS players have?
How many more months/years ANDROID users should wait? Or for you its easier just to wait until we all give up and stop complaining about it?

echo005
10-19-13, 02:33 AM
that should be LEARNT btw-can't edit my post

AlisinChanes
10-19-13, 03:48 PM
I only get on to gift my neighbors and collect coins & food. Then re-breed if it's needed. Havent breed any new dragons in months. I stopped using gold months back.
Ds has become a drag, I tried every single day for several weeks to get the Royal dragon using level 10 parents mostly. I got Genie every stinking time. Every time! And I bought the habitat shortly after I started trying to breed it. If it weren't for my loyal neighbors it would be sayonara to Ds, without a doubt.

bimily
10-19-13, 04:53 PM
I havent been able to breed a new dragon for weeks. This is the reason i quit monster story and will probably be the reason i leave dragon eventually. Theres no point of this game if youre just breeding the same old dragons over and over....

mamareader02
10-20-13, 05:44 PM
After trying since march non stop for DA,I'm done,game is becoming more for gold buyers to rush through breedings,this game,sad to say,was deleted off my devices,leaving me finally free of that game that tried my patience,not something I look for in a "fun" game.back to castle and FS2:)

ChanzziePooh
10-26-13, 07:45 AM
Im soo sick of this game! Been trying repeatedly for these halloween dragons both old & new and nothing !!! This is soo sickening! & such a gold trap!! Ive never spent a cent on gold and will never but it is soo unfair that tryin for more than a week and not being able to see one stinking halloween dragon !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

innamoramento
10-26-13, 07:47 AM
I'm with you ! Been breeding for 3 weeks now and gotten none of them. I got Royal which I didn't want because it looks ridiculous, and Leo which was a good fail. Besides that, nada.
So 2 new draggies in 3 weeks...really ?

SamKanj
10-26-13, 07:55 AM
Im soo sick of this game! Been trying repeatedly for these halloween dragons both old & new and nothing !!! This is soo sickening! & such a gold trap!! Ive never spent a cent on gold and will never but it is soo unfair that tryin for more than a week and not being able to see one stinking halloween dragon !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I feel with you, I've been trying for over two weeks now for Skeleton and nothing! :(

belbar22
10-26-13, 04:44 PM
I can't get any either. So frustrated.

kooky panda
10-26-13, 04:47 PM
The only halloween dragon I have is the Nightmare Dragon from the tournament.
I have not gotten any from breeding. :( Very Sad....

elwood99
10-26-13, 05:09 PM
I only got pumpkin. Nothing else. I have been trying for raven even sacrificing witch, zombie and boo but nothing. Why is breeding them so hard like 1-4%?

crystalrayn3
10-26-13, 10:11 PM
If you find yourself getting frustrated or bored try putting the game down for a week or 2. Pick it up again when you have a fresh focus & new patience reserves. Anyone remember the days when players would beg for more dragons to be released? For once TL fulfilled our wishes beyond our wildest hopes LOL

skxuelin
10-29-13, 11:05 AM
I just wish that there were open answers to the whole breeding and luck mystery. There must be something more than just luck and patience.

My burning questions:
1. Why do certain islands seem to have more luck than the others? When you visit your neighbors that somehow have rare eggs every day or two, you will be happy for your friend but also think, what the heck is wrong with mine?!!
2. Do you get punished after you are higher level? When I just started it seems that I would get rare breeds once every few days. I only ask for once every few tries. Now I haven't gotten any for weeks. For example, out of magic and air combo you can have 5 different dragons. Out of 5, I only have the common, genie. You would think you can get something if you're missing 4 out of 5 after multiple tries. So far I got 10 genies in a row with multiple purple air combo, with a mist in between when I tried to add another element to it. Then I got sick of it and did another breed and firestorm is coming. Oh, I tried some boosted breeding in between too.
3. Do you also get punished after winning tournaments? Maybe is also the time with leveling up but seems like winning tournaments turned my luck completely. But if I don't win a tournament, I CAN'T get any new dragons!!!
4. Does your island's luck increase if you spend a lot of gold? I don't buy gold for speeding or buying dragons. But I did buy for occasional speedings and tourneys. If TL says spending gold regularly can increase your luck, I would gladly do so! But now since it's uncertain, why would I want to spend money on unknown things?

So TL, it will be great to disclose what are the exact rules of this whole thing, just give us some hints. Otherwise, I just have to settle I'm one of those super unlucky ones in this game and probably shall quit very soon.

BTW, if anyone does the summoning deal, I just belatedly found that the only produce that gives me candy corn is the 20 hr scaly pears, and not always. So, here goes my chance of completing the goals. I don't mind paying gold to finish up the candies I cannot do to a certain extent. But NOT at the current 900 gold. Might as well just not do it and TL is not getting any gold from me.

Sorry, I just need place to spit all this frustration out. Thank you, "Frustrated, burned out, and bored" thread. :)

J85909266
10-29-13, 11:35 AM
Breeding used to be somewhat fair. It all seemed to fall apart when black and all the single elements came out, and Infinity breeding got weird.

Now, I'll get maybe one new dragon a month, playing several time a day. I've gone three months without a new dragon before, right when Dark Angel first came out.

After that experience, I quit buying gold and lost all enthusiasm for the game. I still play, as it was my first breeding game, and I spent a ton of money on gold my first year playing, but it's more habit than fun, at this point. I'm also Android, so there's that big heaping pile of disappointment to go along with it, as well.

I have, at least, gotten a Headless Dragon, which is really cool. If I get a skeleton before it's gone, Ill consider myself very lucky, the way breeding is, anymore.

vicovideshotmail
10-29-13, 09:26 PM
Well, I also love this game so much! But they removed a lot of the earliest dragons like Forestfire and Seabreeze! I have 3 Samurai Steels but as I don't have a Virtue Dragon to breed a Justice Dragon, I almost had enough gold to buy the sword, but they removed the crafting recipe when I got almost enough! So sad... I also have 76 Leviathan Pearls but no Leviathan Dragon in the crafting shop! Arfan is right, TL must return some un-seasonal dragons! Forestfire is one of the earliest and Classic Dragons you get...BRING IT BACK!!! Also Seabreeze! Not only in Starter Packs, also for breeding! Why did TL removed the Stainglass and Midas Dragons! The worst part is that they are never COMING back! I hope they come back...THEY SHOULD DO SO! All of these dragons I said must return, also Amethyst, Knight, and Gladiator! Don't remove them in the crafting shop please!

DevonM88
10-30-13, 06:30 AM
So as you all probably know, in the past few weeks they've released about 865,000 new dragons. A decent few of them are even reasonably desirable! The problem is, every single one of them is Super Rare, therefore ridiculously infeasible to acquire.

Why the hell can't we get some dragons that are actually breedable? I've been doing black and purple for weeks now trying to get Raven, and hoping for some fails that I want, like Mistmoth and Vampire. All I'm getting though are Corals, and every bunch of days I might see an illusion or wizard.

Other than the obvious greed, why release so much and make them all so difficult to get? Why not have some variety? I understand the developers don't want to make any decisions that don't directly result in more gold sales, but we all have to do things we don't like sometimes on behalf of the good of others, right?

klm722
10-30-13, 04:35 PM
Could you imagine if they were only rare or common dragons?, there would be 865,000 (more) people complaining about the habitat limit. :P

The problem with black is that it usually ends up splitting (purple and blue) which is why it is so difficult to get black hybrids. I do hope you see some fails that you want!

It's a game, it is meant to be challenging. I understand the frustration, but don't let this take away your fun!

kane518
10-31-13, 10:45 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, Devon. I have been trying for weeks to get the Equinox dragon (which is only rare, btw) and I have been getting nothing but Poison, Wizard, or Island fails, which are all 20+ hours. It has almost become unplayable for me. Seems all I do lately is collect cash, exchange maps and gold, and find out I have bred yet another Island dragon. Also, I am level 107 and STILL no Diamond dragon. :mad:

jannywanny7
10-31-13, 03:48 PM
I am just about ready to quit playing Dragon Story, as even though I try to use strategy to breed,I always end up with common dragons these past four to six weeks. I end up selling them every time. Also, it costs up to $800,000 to clear a tree, and that is after paying $1,000,000 to expand......this is utterly ridiculous!!! ALSO, it costs up to $12,500 each time you feed one dragon......I cannot afford to purchase alot of gold so unless one has unlimited resources, this game is no longer fun...I am on Level 95, so I have put alot of time and gold into playing it.....but you need to make some drastic concessions to keep me playing!!!

SamKanj
11-01-13, 02:00 AM
That's it for me, I'm done with this game, everything is so hard to breed, frustrating more than fun, I've just blown 249 golds trying for skeleton and got nothing!
Bye bye Dragon Story, I guess I'm not going ever to play this game again.
Good luck everyone and "happy" breeding. :)

mash4u1
11-06-13, 07:37 PM
So frustrated with breeding. I have not gotten a new dragon in months. About to stop playing.

Pielcanela76
11-06-13, 09:46 PM
It seems this issue is becoming pandemic. I used to enjoy spending time playing with my dragons, communicating with neighbors, sending gifts.. But suddenly I stopped getting new dragons at all. If I want one I have to spend a lot of my real money; which I didn't mean to pay while it was an enjoyable game. Suddenly I found myself burned out, with a lack of interest in the game. Everything takes for ever to accomplish and all my fails takes for ever to hatch. I just reached the point where I have no more patient to keep trying to breed knowing that I will fail anyways. I'm sorry to my wonderful neighbors but I'm really thinking to slow down on the game and eventually stop playing it. Can't deal with my Epic fails and lost of my money buying gold to speed it up.

vicovideshotmail
11-08-13, 05:42 AM
For me, removing regular dragons two times a week is the worst thing TL has ever made in the life! :mad:

draquis
11-08-13, 05:55 AM
impossible to get new dragons even spending gold. Near 700 gold and not skeleton, wairth or heathless. A soon as I finished my gold wouldn,t play more.

TPease
11-09-13, 10:37 PM
I am really surprised to find that there were so many players that had played dragon story and ended up leaving. There were quite a number of player that had invested so much time and effort in this game that it was kind of sad.

My main reasons for leaving is I had played on both the iOS and android versions, even though the iOS version had a better way of getting rid of duped dragons than the android's 100 gold, it was hard to build up gold to remove a rock so new habitats could be placed, training dragons for fighting was a joke, (I sent 3 different types of level 10 dragons into the arena only to loose against a level 7 dragon.

I just totally lost interest in the game... so far farm story and pet story are the only games that has kept my interest so far. I have played Castle Story, Fashion Story, Bakery Story, Restaurant Story, Farm Story and Pet Story

jptheripper
11-10-13, 03:34 PM
Where is the "I'm not quitting" option? Every since i decided having every dragon was not a necessity, I'm just having fun enjoying the game. In the past I would have freaked about getting spider before it left. But you know what? I don't like spider. So I'm skipping it.

It is a game for fun after all, gonna play it the way I want too,

kooky panda
11-10-13, 04:18 PM
Where is the "I'm not quitting" option? Every since i decided having every dragon was not a necessity, I'm just having fun enjoying the game. In the past I would have freaked about getting spider before it left. But you know what? I don't like spider. So I'm skipping it.

This is what I also did. Of course I would like the spider and I am trying to get him, but if I run out of time, I will move onto the next dragon I want.

mrarfan
11-10-13, 07:50 PM

True! But what IF , there is a limited edition doll that you really want and it has been taken away? You might probably be sad :p
It once happened to me when I didn't get my Ice Cream Dragon :p

I'm also planning to quit this game , It's because some of the dragons SPLIT which is VERY annoying! Even in the Battle Arena just don't make sense , Sometimes I just can't win against a Level 4 dragon? -_- Also , I can't even get a piece from the Quest Outpost for the Comet Dragon :/

vicovideshotmail
11-10-13, 08:22 PM
True! But what IF , there is a limited edition doll that you really want and it has been taken away? You might probably be sad :p

I'm also planning to quit this game , It's because some of the dragons SPLIT which is VERY annoying! Even in the Battle Arena just don't make sense , Sometimes I just can't win against a Level 4 dragon? -_- Also , I can't even get a piece from the Quest Outpost for the Comet Dragon :/
Agreed with you! To remove regular dragons for new dragons is probably the worst action TL has ever made to a Storm8 game! Also, they'll probably or 'personally' won't bring back wanted dragons such as Forestfire, Seabreeze, Tusker, Clown, Dream, Ice Cream, etc. Unlike other games, usually don't return. The game will be a lot better if they do this. I also want them in a Starter Pack such as the Eclipse! Bring 'em back such as the Quetzal!

mrarfan
11-10-13, 09:16 PM
Agreed with you! To remove regular dragons for new dragons is probably the worst action TL has ever made to a Storm8 game! Also, they'll probably or 'personally' won't bring back wanted dragons such as Forestfire, Seabreeze, Tusker, Clown, Dream, Ice Cream, etc. Unlike other games, usually don't return. The game will be a lot better if they do this. I also want them in a Starter Pack such as the Eclipse! Bring 'em back such as the Quetzal!

They should really bring back Quetzal and let him STAY! I really want Ice Cream!

mrarfan
11-11-13, 01:52 AM

Also...I used an Epic Diamond Dragon and he lost to a Fire Lv1 O.o
This just don't make sense ==

buttabdullah99
11-11-13, 09:13 AM
I have been playing this game for last 1 year and now I am getting bore bcoz they r not giving my any new dragon and splits is so annoying I just hate TL :p

draquis
11-12-13, 01:00 AM
Well, I,m not complainig because it,s too expensive to buy gold,or because they remove lots of dragons that I can,t get. My problem is that after more than 800 gold wasted trying for skeleton I,ve got nothing but commons and 6 o 7 rares. And I,m talking about more than 50 tries. That,s making boring the game. Now I,m not waiting for a new try because I know that I won,t get nothing new. Most of my dragons are at level 10, so I also don,t have to farm. No need more space because I can,t get new dragons and I have lots of repeated gragons. Can,t visit friends because it crashes. So I,ve lost the ilusion, and that means that I,m not getting fun with de game and I will quit soon.
Not complaining of teamlava, I can understand that they do what they do to earn money, because that,s why they are working like everyone, to earn money.

Kami365
11-12-13, 04:43 AM
I need a Diamond dragon from TL, I had tried many many times and currently on den also trying for Diamond...never get one so far,I'm Level 150,playing DS for more than year...I don't have any complain with TL but requesting,PLease,Please & Please allow me to have One Diamond from any combo which I gonna try in future...Thank you...

mash4u1
11-18-13, 09:30 PM
Was not frustrated or annoyed until they did the boosted breeding for 100% users. Unfortunately you have to be IOS to be in the 100% user group. So here I am breeding another island dragon for the 100th time at 20 hours since I can't boost breed. Can team lava please make this annoying dragon go away!

echo005
11-19-13, 04:48 AM
yea funny that-should be retitled 100% of IOS users and how much longer do we have to wait to get Cornucopia Dragon? i'm bored and barely play the game these days

Saieen
11-19-13, 03:36 PM
I used to be one of those players who at first tried to get all the dragons, but then decided that i will play "for the fun of it." Now though, it's almost a chore to turn on the game. The dragons are getting weirder and uglier, the scenery is the same as always, music is the same, the only thing that changes is more dragons that are harder to get and less places to put them. Expanding is still a hassle and I lost track of the dragons that I have/ don't have.

I try to play, but I know more games that are funner than this with the same concept. The only thing that keeps me coming is guilt that I should probably be sending gold back to my regular neighbors, but even they don't log in much anymore and I understand exactly why. I'm sorry team lava, but I really don't think you are getting the point that new dragons is not fixing this sinking ship.

AzHadz
11-19-13, 06:32 PM
Was not frustrated or annoyed until they did the boosted breeding for 100% users. Unfortunately you have to be IOS to be in the 100% user group. So here I am breeding another island dragon for the 100th time at 20 hours since I can't boost breed. Can team lava please make this annoying dragon go away!

Trying for Gemstone? Yeah, same problem on my Android island. Got the Gemstone dragon by accident on iOS. I also spent 4 months of solid breeding diamond/virtue for Unicorn. That kind of time wastes time to try to get other dragons. 4 months to get a dragon due to all the stupid splitting is insane. It just shouldn't take that long. I did get a couple dragons I didn't have at the start (black swan, kitsune) but then got them a LOT until I finally got my Unicorn (now just missing 2 diamond hybrid dragons - Anubis and Prism but I don't have a stone dragon and don't care to have one either).

Spending that kind of time to get a dragon is frustrating and discouraging...makes people want to quite as it becomes a chore and not fun anymore.

AzHadz
11-19-13, 06:41 PM
plus on arctic isles. it's also a pain to try to breed some dragons. I still don't have Yeti or Snowflake and they are the first couple goals after Meteor and Fossil. I do have ****er Whale, Penguin, and Bedrock though but can't get Yeti or Snowflake after weeks of trying for each of them and getting nothing but blizzards and ice age. Again...it just shouldn't be that hard. I just don't care about Arctic Isles. At first I was excited at it...but after playing with it...it's Meh. Takes too much to feed dragons to level 10 with grossly overpriced food costs.

And you wonder why people are leaving this game in droves? You might want to fix your breeding rules a bit and reduce some costs.

jptheripper
11-19-13, 06:44 PM
no one is leaving in droves. The game is more active than ever.

jptheripper
11-19-13, 06:45 PM
yea funny that-should be retitled 100% of IOS users and how much longer do we have to wait to get Cornucopia Dragon? i'm bored out of my ar$e and barely play the game these days

um, cornucopia is out today on android? and you get 30 free gold for installing?

AzHadz
11-19-13, 07:05 PM
no one is leaving in droves. The game is more active than ever.

I beg to differ. So many of my neighbors have quit on both iOS and Android.

echo005
11-20-13, 05:22 AM
i've had loadsa neighbors quit too and you only have to read ppl's walls to know of the frustration.i have a number of neighbors that i don't even visit anymore cos it crashes straight away.it seems that it's mainly android users that have major problems-but we all knew that anyway didn't we......

still no cornucopia for me......

jptheripper
11-20-13, 03:22 PM
did you download dragon story thanksgiving edition?

echo005
11-21-13, 05:43 AM
yea last night

jptheripper
11-21-13, 06:40 AM
I beg to differ. So many of my neighbors have quit on both iOS and Android.

I am getting more neighbor requests now than ever.

Turpsichore
11-21-13, 10:19 AM
I am getting more neighbor requests now than ever.

Perhaps that's because those that are stilll playing are looking for new neighbours to replace those that have quit.

Lorgalis
11-21-13, 12:50 PM
My own motivation of actively gaming (and also paying) DS is crumbling rapidly to dust. No Updates for Android, the same buggy version keeps on crashing and producing frustration all along. Then the Pro-iOS policy that is openly played out here: Updates every few weeks, fixing bugs as they appear, tons of excellent dragons I never can breed or achieve at all, the parity issue unresolved for many months now ... - all that takes slowly its toll. It is more then frustrating, it is discrimination.

Nettypooh41
11-21-13, 04:39 PM
All the dragons I have are by accident. I have never gotten what I was looking for. What I hate most is sometimes I was getting the same dragon no matter what combination I was using. I do not like having more than one of a kind, so when ever I breed a dragon I already have, I sell it. I get tired of trying to get the event dragons. If I get them fine, if not, oh well. You do not get anything spectacular for get the event dragons anyway. Never got the elf never got equinox, I rarely get any of them. I try not to think about it.

toaster321
11-23-13, 09:51 PM
Well, the game had some back feedback when they removed dragons, so I would like the Forestfire and Seabreeze Dragons to come back but why several players don't want them back? How about new players? But I don't demand TL so they can't remove dragons! However, Seasonal, Battle Arena (the ones you get when you have 99 of them), Tournament, and Summoning Dragons have a high chance of their removals. Hope TL stops this soon...

song526
11-24-13, 09:33 AM
so annoying these days, always new goals, new dragon, new craft, limited time, tournament….
do you think we have nothing to do but play dragon story? it screws up my life. will back to normal -- daily check and ignore all.
i am not a USD/gold player, sorry TL.

plus, still NO DIAMOND on level 99.

song526
11-24-13, 09:35 AM
another thing, if you want us to play your game every second, every minute, please make sure we can log in easily not always PROCESSING!!! :-(

preinsko
11-24-13, 09:14 PM
Thanks to the person who suggested 5 tries then reverse the order. I play Castle story & that is the rule I use for resources so it makes sense to me.

Sumercarefree
11-25-13, 01:37 AM
I want to be able to give some of my good dragons to my friends who do not have them. Perhaps we can do an exchange.

preinsko
11-25-13, 02:26 AM
I thought my mind would allow me to be rational about this; but it can't even with the idea of 5 tries. There are 11 possibilities and I keep getting the same one. On top of that it takes 16 hours to breed, 16 hours to hatch and then another 16 hours to get rid of it by trading. Of all the games this one causes my blood pressure to rise. I love Castle Story and Farm Story because it requires strategy, Dragon story is based on luck. If I was lucky I would not be disabled I would be active & working in my garden. Look 11 possibilities then why can't your algorithm take that into account & change up the results periodically. If you round robin through the possibilities I think people would be happier, I know I would.

gdmcrjunkie
11-25-13, 06:26 AM
More breeding woes here. I managed to get Skeleton<3 and Metal but other than that I haven't got what I was breeding for in months. Spent September trying for Virgo, been trying for Darksteel ever since it came out (including boosted breeding while it was free), many more in between... Nothing. Even Castle Story with its random drops isn't this frustrating.

I'll go hide in my safe, safe bakery till I calm down.

asyran2012
11-25-13, 07:00 AM
I want to be able to give some of my good dragons to my friends who do not have them. Perhaps we can do an exchange.

Dragon Trading! Good idea! ;D

toaster321
11-25-13, 08:34 AM
Yes, such as limited dragons! LOL

finnth12
11-25-13, 10:23 AM
I still can't get any metal hybrid! All I got was common, or mindvolts, winters and lucks. Even I tried once with boosted breed 12 gold and only gave me Luck, 17 hrs. Duh!:confused:

mindymonkey
11-25-13, 11:56 PM
I do not believe anyone has BREEDED every dragon....thats a bunch of malarky. I have been playing for over a year and a lot I just can not breed. I couldn't even breed one haloween dragon even after purchasing some of them...I mean come on now I spent $100.00 stupidly but though after those purchases ty would help out a lottle with the breeding but nothing i have tried for two solid weeks for the cyberdragon. This happens more and more and now we buy dragons and get force closed on so we cant even see them.....Ya starting to get aggrivated. Sorry but somethings going on and we just dont know,now we cant even breed regular dragons and get whatbwe expect. Screw up somewhere and I know its not the players fault.nit jeeds to be fixed its frustating playing and not able to breed not one dragon you want. Games are suppose to be fun entertainment but thisnis just so money hungry it makes me so sad. Maybe someonencan just send me luck my way. I really hope they fix the breeding screw all the way back from the black dragons.

dracoonic
11-26-13, 12:13 AM
so annoying these days, always new goals, new dragon, new craft, limited time, tournament?.
do you think we have nothing to do but play dragon story? it screws up my life. will back to normal -- daily check and ignore all.
i am not a USD/gold player, sorry TL.

plus, still NO DIAMOND on level 99.

I am a gold player and bought a diamond temple but no diamond (level 111). Dont know if there is anymore reason for me to enchant the temple again..

MakJulos
11-26-13, 06:11 AM
I am a gold player and bought a diamond temple but no diamond (level 111). Dont know if there is anymore reason for me to enchant the temple again..

The harder you try to get Diamond the lesser the chances are - this is ofc not scientifically proven, but i think "Murphy's law" is strong in this one! I bet if you more or less give up on it, and aim for something completly different, THEN that Diamond will pop up and grin in your face! Well, maybe you've tried this already, at lvl111....still, i believe in this backwards method, and i'm certain you'll get your Diamond!

Lorgalis
11-26-13, 01:39 PM
I got in sum five different Diamonds, only the Dark Angel I tried desperatly - and after loudly complaining my misfortunes I got it rather quickly within three attempts ...

JenKate77
11-26-13, 11:12 PM
I took a long break from DS and came back when the Halloween version was released. (Needed gems for the other TL games I play!) I remeber why now I left. I just want a Hunter Dragon! I've used the boosted breed half a dozen times... then took a break and bred a few other different, shorter dragons to get the gold chains. Decided to try again tonight, did a boosted breed... and I'm going to get a Coral Dragon!

Seriously. Waiting 20+ hours to get a dragon I don't want or need, and spending gold over and over to get common dragons is just stupid.

Steveklerk
11-27-13, 09:01 PM
Well after 2 months of nothing new, now i have 4 new dragons in 5 days....

It helps wen you have somthing new once in a time

fuzkinz
11-29-13, 12:36 PM
I got the elf, but then one day, my sister took my iPad and asked if I want to craft an Emerald. I said yes, and she said this, "well u need another large yellow gemstone. I'll trade the elf because it has one available." And before I could stop her, my well worked for elf went down the drain..

Hanakimi87
12-02-13, 05:07 PM
I quit playing DS quite a while ago once the splitting got out of control and the game simply stopped being fun. I did want to ask, did Android end up getting trading/crafting? Or the Battle Arena? It seems they don't have Boosted Breed.

astampf9
12-03-13, 09:20 AM
I know a lot of you are having this same issue so I figured I'd ask for your feedback. For me, the game has changed. It used to be that at least half the dragons that came out were "getable" without spending any money on gold, only the really, really rare ones were the ones you most likely weren't going to get unless you spent at least 5-10 bucks on gold to speed up the breeding process. I had no problem with this, I have no issue with spending some money on a game that I enjoy playing as long as it actually lead to me getting a dragon/dragons that i didn't have. Now, every new dragon is ridculiously hard to get, doesn't matter if it's a breedable dragon, a tournament dragon, a summoning dragon or a quest dragon. I actually bought 600 gold to try and speed up the breeding process so I can get the double rainbow dragon, 600 gold! And it did nothing, that was like 20 bucks with the black friday discount and I didn't even get what I wanted, I might as well have thrown 20 dollars out of my car window... I understand that Teamlava is just trying to make more money, but it's having the opposite effect on me, I don't think I'm going to ever buy gold anymore, because, well, what's the point? You have to spend so much money in order to get a single dragon, I simply can't afford it. I know quite a few of my friends have quit the game altogether for this reason, I'm not going to go that far, but I can't justify ever spending any money on it, not unless they change it back and not have every dragon be so hard to accquire.

HarleyQuinn28
12-03-13, 09:53 AM
This happened to me with Skeleton and they told me to use the forum for breeding tips, it's all luck and basically go kick rocks. No more money for them!

jus7_me89
12-03-13, 10:33 AM
i know what you mean. i spent OVER 350 gold to get dark steel and get NOTHING ( well...i got a moon and it was a new dragon for me ). i also spent 200+ gold to get the owl. i dont know WHY is so hard for me to get that dragon ! yesterday, i tried for cosmic. it had few fails so i decided to speed up till i get it. what did i get? 13 consecutive GENIE DRAGONS ! i used almost 200 gold for NOTHING ! i mean, i know that most of new dragons are rare and super rare but they are 2 HARD to get ! most of my dragons i got by accident when i was trying for something completely different. i got only 3 dragons while i was trying for them : raven, cornucopia and fairytale... and i have 82 different dragons....

astampf9
12-03-13, 10:50 AM
The biggest difference that I've noticed is that in the past they've come out with some dragons that aren't that difficult to get and some that are, now, ALL of them are really hard to get, so hard that you could probably spend 40-50 dollars per attempt and still not breed the dragon you want, that's just too much, I don't know who has that kinda money but I certainly don't.

jus7_me89
12-03-13, 11:02 AM
The biggest difference that I've noticed is that in the past they've come out with some dragons that aren't that difficult to get and some that are, now, ALL of them are really hard to get, so hard that you could probably spend 40-50 dollars per attempt and still not breed the dragon you want, that's just too much, I don't know who has that kinda money but I certainly don't.

that's right ! they release 2 new dragons every week ( to be honest i am completely shocked to notice that it's Tuesday and they didnt release a new dragon yet. ) . the splitting elements thing si a very poor decision and makes it even harder to get the dragons we want. we have commons like island, magic, poison or luck with a HUGE breeding time. i dont even bother to try for the new rainbow because i know i will end up getting TONS of poisons and islands. i used to buy gold every month ( between 250 and 530 ) because i loved the game but now i dont feel like i should do that anymore.

astampf9
12-03-13, 12:40 PM
Agreed. I used to to do the same thing, buy about 500 gold a month, I was okay with that because the gold actually helped. I was actually able to get the dragons I wanted for the most part, but now... I could buy 500 gold a month and have nothing to show for it, that's just throwing money away.. I can't do it anymore, unless a change has been made and the official teamlava team alerts everyone of the change.

curvybust
12-06-13, 07:51 AM
I'm about there. I've been trying to breed a gemstone dragon for almost two months now and it's getting old. I'm not spending real money on a game for a side quest!

klm722
12-06-13, 04:02 PM
No where does it say that when you use gold to speed breed, you're going to get the dragon you want within so many tries.
Dragon story is like a casino, it's a gamble and it takes time to win, how much time? You never know.

I'm about there. I've been trying to breed a gemstone dragon for almost two months now and it's getting old. I'm not spending real money on a game for a side quest!

I would say take a break from trying to breed that particular dragon, or use a different combo. You'll eventually get it, without using real money.

LionsDragons
12-06-13, 06:02 PM
No where does it say that when you use gold to speed breed, you're going to get the dragon you want within so many tries.
Dragon story is like a casino, it's a gamble and it takes time to win, how much time? You never know.
.I would say take a break from trying to breed that particular dragon, or use a different combo. You'll eventually get it, without using real money.
I think we all know speed breeding doesn't guarantee anything. But when you spend gold it's just that much more annoying than usual to not get what you want.

As far as trying for a different dragon? Been there, doing that. After a while, changing from breeding endless Corals to breeding endless Poisons to breeding endless Firestorms just loses its charms.

And now this new, apparently unwinnable, tournament is pretty much the proverbial straw. Difficult can be fun. Impossible? Not so much.

klm722
12-06-13, 06:35 PM
I don't see it as being impossible. I think for some people, they just need to take a break. :P

noir77
12-07-13, 04:28 PM
Well if you are unable to get certain dragons with speed breeding, think about the people who don't speed breed. Must be an even more frustrating endeavor for them, right? It's been suggested before: play for fun, not result. If you can't do that, buy dragons outright/spend lots of rSal money speed breeding or delete.

belbar22
12-07-13, 05:21 PM
Well if you are unable to get certain dragons with speed breeding, think about the people who don't speed breed. Must be an even more frustrating endeavor for them, right? It's been suggested before: play for fun, not result. If you can't do that, buy dragons outright/spend lots of rSal money speed breeding or delete.

I don't speed breed and I rarely get new dragons but I don't get frustrated.

sunkalito
12-08-13, 02:40 AM
Guys, people have certain expectations from the game and how they play it. These are personal reasons, and people can't help themselves being frustrated at certain things, which I get. Coming over here and telling them not to be frustrated, it's a game, blah blah blah, don't play etc really does add absolutely nothing to how they're feeling about it.
It's not like they're going to feel stress-relieved thanks to your kind words... -.-

Here's an example. I go ballistic when I'm in a shopping line and the person behind me is standing so close they touch my purse or shopping basket. This might not annpy most people but it gets my hairs up in a bunch, so much so that eventually I'll glare and, if all else fails, downrigh growl at them to. Back. The. Heck. Away.
Simple as that. Gets on my nerves, and if someone tells me "oh personal space is underrated, it's not like you'll catch a comtagious disease just like that, and they're not slowing you down in line or anything" or some other thing to belittle my frustration, I only get more irritated.

Same here. "Pfff don't spend gold nork nork" doesn't really add to anything people are complaining about (well, written in the terms that I've been reading... Youse guyse do know y'all can be nice or sympathetic when talking to someone, right?)

This thread is for people who are frustrated to drop in and shout out. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, sure, but being stuck on the same key of "well just UN-FRUSTRATE YOURSELF but I'm not coming up with a plausible solution because hey, after all this is a game of luck" really doesn't do anything for anyone.
We get it. You guys think people don't need to spend gold. If they do and feel irritated for not getting results, just quit the game. That's your input? Wow. Okay. -.-

The saturn dragon was back for a while and I whalloped a bunch of my hard-saved gold on it, but kept getting boody magics, genies, tricksters, cosmics, and a freaking peacock. WRONG SUPER RARE. Ugh, sometimes this just gets so frustrating i want to scream.
And I don't appreciate people telling me not to be frustrated (unless they're being comforting, because let's face it I am already stressed for a number of resons and don't need some smart allec telling me it's superfluous) because it only gets me more riled up.
At least be nice about it. If you can't, at least tone down the trolling. It's not people's fault we can't help feeling vexed sbout the whole situation. There isn't an off switch. We're looking for either sympathy or the input of people who go through the same, not someone who downplays this as us being overly-expectant.
I'm all for people giving in their opinions, but... Just... Some REALLY don't help. Like, at all. Neither do they help nor do they add any content that we don't already know. Duh.

Yes, I am rant-ish today.

sunkalito
12-08-13, 02:42 AM
And I meant eclipse dragon. The eclipse was back for a few days, ha. Three days. That's nothing especially when you have magic fails.
*flips table*

elwood99
12-08-13, 03:38 AM
And I meant eclipse dragon. The eclipse was back for a few days, ha. Three days. That's nothing especially when you have magic fails.
*flips table*

I believed that TL changed the odds of getting commons - it is far Easier to get commons than previously. I got all 3 cosmics within 1.5 weeks a long long long time ago without speed breeding. Now that is nearly impossible to do so.

elwood99
12-08-13, 03:45 AM
I meant i got saturn, eclipse and cosmics within 1.5 weeks

noir77
12-08-13, 05:18 AM
Everyone who has played this game has felt frustrated at some point. After a while, some people quit, some people get used to it...usually if you keep playing for a while you know it's part and parcel of the game to have a lot of fails. The odds are not stacked in our favour, especially those new super rates. Even if you breed continuously from release, if it's discontinued quickly, you may not get it.

It's not unsympathetic to say a change of perspective, a lowering of expectation could people to cope with burnout and disappointment. And it's not telling someone reading not to be frustrated either, that's an extrapolation of what I said.

finnth12
12-08-13, 02:07 PM
When I bored or frustrated with the breeding result, I go play jewel mania or farm story 2, it's less stressful and more fun. No speedy, no gold to spend, lol. On DS, I breed put 2 dragons in the den, and wait until when ever is ready. But I'm still active and playing with my nbrs, just not concentrate with the outcome from the den, what ever they give me, if I like it I keep it, I don't like it, selling them or trade them. Anyway, I'm maxed on the habitats. Nowhere to put the dragons.

asyran2012
12-09-13, 05:30 AM
When I bored or frustrated with the breeding result, I go play jewel mania or farm story 2, it's less stressful and more fun. No speedy, no gold to spend, lol. On DS, I breed put 2 dragons in the den, and wait until when ever is ready. But I'm still active and playing with my nbrs, just not concentrate with the outcome from the den, what ever they give me, if I like it I keep it, I don't like it, selling them or trade them. Anyway, I'm maxed on the habitats. Nowhere to put the dragons.

I don't play like as I play always... In the past , I was visiting everyone! Not even missing a day! Wrote on their walls and sending gifts! Now I don't even visit them anymore lol I onlt visit like 2 times every 2 weeks lol and also I forgot to gift my neighbours...
Some of my neighbours have quit which made me really sad... I also plan to quit but I just can't I don't know why :p
If I get bored (well...actually I am already bored with this game anyway :p)
I only play Dragon Story for a Storm8/TL game lol

curvybust
12-11-13, 12:10 PM
I don't know what speed breeding is.

It's just frustrating that there are side quests that say do this or that and it's nearly impossible. There is no reason why I should get Island or Serpent every time. I don't do it in a row, but I keep track. Island is roughly 20 hour breeding time and Serpent is 15. I have bred 65 Island dragons and 24 Serpent. Why even have it as a side quest? I have tons of friends and only 1 of them has a Gemstone dragon and she told me it almost took her a year to get it.

LemonadeMouth173
12-11-13, 04:29 PM
Guys, people have certain expectations from the game and how they play it. These are personal reasons, and people can't help themselves being frustrated at certain things, which I get. Coming over here and telling them not to be frustrated, it's a game, blah blah blah, don't play etc really does add absolutely nothing to how they're feeling about it.
It's not like they're going to feel stress-relieved thanks to your kind words... -.-

Here's an example. I go ballistic when I'm in a shopping line and the person behind me is standing so close they touch my purse or shopping basket. This might not annpy most people but it gets my hairs up in a bunch, so much so that eventually I'll glare and, if all else fails, downrigh growl at them to. Back. The. Heck. Away.
Simple as that. Gets on my nerves, and if someone tells me "oh personal space is underrated, it's not like you'll catch a comtagious disease just like that, and they're not slowing you down in line or anything" or some other thing to belittle my frustration, I only get more irritated.

Same here. "Pfff don't spend gold nork nork" doesn't really add to anything people are complaining about (well, written in the terms that I've been reading... Youse guyse do know y'all can be nice or sympathetic when talking to someone, right?)

This thread is for people who are frustrated to drop in and shout out. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, sure, but being stuck on the same key of "well just UN-FRUSTRATE YOURSELF but I'm not coming up with a plausible solution because hey, after all this is a game of luck" really doesn't do anything for anyone.
We get it. You guys think people don't need to spend gold. If they do and feel irritated for not getting results, just quit the game. That's your input? Wow. Okay. -.-

The saturn dragon was back for a while and I whalloped a bunch of my hard-saved gold on it, but kept getting boody magics, genies, tricksters, cosmics, and a freaking peacock. WRONG SUPER RARE. Ugh, sometimes this just gets so frustrating i want to scream.
And I don't appreciate people telling me not to be frustrated (unless they're being comforting, because let's face it I am already stressed for a number of resons and don't need some smart allec telling me it's superfluous) because it only gets me more riled up.
At least be nice about it. If you can't, at least tone down the trolling. It's not people's fault we can't help feeling vexed sbout the whole situation. There isn't an off switch. We're looking for either sympathy or the input of people who go through the same, not someone who downplays this as us being overly-expectant.
I'm all for people giving in their opinions, but... Just... Some REALLY don't help. Like, at all. Neither do they help nor do they add any content that we don't already know. Duh.

Geee,can i get a hi5 from u ? Till now i was convinced im a crazy , nevrotic person who cant accept to be touched in a crowded place or at shopping. Lol, im feeling like im chocking , no jk , like the ppl near me r stealing my air. Not to mention i become furious like a raging bull in a fine China porcelaine shop. Thx, thx very much! I might not be normal but at least im not the only one!Luv!!!

J85909266
12-12-13, 12:30 PM

Well said.

I play a lot of breeding games (I mean a lot), and none of them are anywhere near so difficult to progress and collect monsters/dragons/etc., as this one. I have routinely gone weeks or even months without getting a new dragon since they made breeding more difficult, a ways back. Add color splitting and new dragons evey week, constant removal of "old" dragons and you have quite a difficult game to enjoy, sometimes. What's worse, I'm Android, so I have no features other than basic breeding and my game runs like I'm trying to play a 2010 game on a 2002 PC.

Honestly, I only play because I've playing for almost two years and have a near complete collection of diamond hybrids. The game crashes every time I swipe across the screen too fast, at this point, even through I play it on a Galaxy Note 2, which is a very nice, fairly current model. The Android development team for TL is beyond disappointing.

Lorgalis
12-21-13, 02:40 AM
I bred 117 different dragons until today, amongst them many Super-Rares. Currently I am Lvl 120.

This is my last posting here on this forum. I also reduce my Gaming-activities to minimum.

There are enough reasons for me to take this step, the parity issue only one of them. I openly stated them in this "Forum-Disputes" Subforum, which is in itself a joke.

However, I am leaving a small door open, until April 2014. This door is closed permanently when those issues are not resolved, deleting all my dragons after that and quitting DS totally.

YAAUL - Yet Another Android User Leaves. After all, its just a Game.

Freedom and Unity, TL!

asyran2012
12-21-13, 06:41 AM
I bred 117 different dragons until today, amongst them many Super-Rares. Currently I am Lvl 120.

This is my last posting here on this forum. I also reduce my Gaming-activities to minimum.

There are enough reasons for me to take this step, the parity issue only one of them. I openly stated them in this "Forum-Disputes" Subforum, which is in itself a joke.

However, I am leaving a small door open, until April 2014. This door is closed permanently when those issues are not resolved, deleting all my dragons after that and quitting DS totally.

YAAUL - Yet Another Android User Leaves. After all, its just a Game.

Freedom and Unity, TL!

That's a pain for me to hear.... Just quit the game! Don't delete your dragons :(
I'm also frustrated! I just log in daily , collect coins , breed dragons and all those stuff :p
I'm missing behind in the Avatar Tournament xD

catmando14
01-23-14, 03:22 PM
5 hours to breed, 8 hours for food? I'd rather watch paint dry. Fun for awhile but I have a life and don't care to spend a bunch of money. Good luck to other players, this is just not fun. Anyone else?

Viragowitch
03-18-14, 01:09 PM
Has it occurred to your business department that you are discouraging players???

I know several players who have quit playing and don't recommend your game now because you make it too hard to get rare or specialty (time limited) dragons. For players over level 50 you should be giving away the specialty dragons like the leprechaun, the Santa, the holiday dragons.

You end the arena contests way too quickly, I know someone who has 27 helmets and he can't get the Templar now because you took it away. He quit playing. Requiring 99 wins in the arena is unreasonable, 30 would be reasonable as players would play everyday and the time limit for the cool down wouldn't be as extreme.

Allow players to put eggs in storage until they can build the required habitat, right now they are subjected to leaving the egg in the nest thus preventing further breeding, until they can build the habitat - up to a month for some players! The habitats are extremely expensive, there is no reason for this, give the habitat with the rare dragon the newer player breeds. STOP costing people a fortune to clear the spot they ALREADY spent a fortune to expand to!!!!

Implement a daily check-in prize: example - check in 10 days in a row and get a rare egg, check-in every day of the month and get an ultra rare egg. These things are done in other games and encourage players to keep playing.

I understand you need to make money to stay in business, but you are losing potential sources of income by making this too hard to get rare eggs. Many people spending smaller amounts will give you more income than having fewer people spend a little more - consider this loss.

I play this game on 2 devices, with 2 accounts. Viperlady, level 110 and Viragowitch, level 68

yayacupcake
03-18-14, 01:39 PM
I'm getting a new phone in April and I don't think I'm going to bother transferring over my account to it. What I really need done is to leave my daughter's Bakery Story and Restayrant Story on my old device and just move Dragon Story to my new one. TL would probably need to help with that but I'm not even going to bother.

I'm on Android and my game crashes about 3 - 4 times just trying to scroll to the Northwest Island so I can breed again, my islands are cramped with no room to decorate, so many dragons come out and they're just re-hashes of old dragons and I can't even keep up with the limited dragons. I used to get super excited when new dragons were announced, now I don't even care. There's so many better dragon games out there that are polished for Android. This game feels dated and very abused on Android. When my new phone arrives, this game isn't coming with me.

Maybe if Dragon Story 2.0 is a fresh start and runs on Android... then that game will find a home on my new Android phone.

katztgc56
03-18-14, 03:02 PM
Besides all you said, newer players spend the little bit of gold they have and low and behold, not in sync or server lost, etc....... when you report what happened its OH, we cant do anything about that. just how many players is this happening to a daay? I know this is small potatoes to the higher level players, but when you only have a 100 gold and 50-60 is now "well we cant do anything about that". Why turn in any kind of problem to them? Disgrutled player who has never played an online game in my life (long life) untill 14days ago and turned in 3 problems already.

Has it occurred to your business department that you are discouraging players???

I know several players who have quit playing and don't recommend your game now because you make it too hard to get rare or specialty (time limited) dragons. For players over level 50 you should be giving away the specialty dragons like the leprechaun, the Santa, the holiday dragons.

You end the arena contests way too quickly, I know someone who has 27 helmets and he can't get the Templar now because you took it away. He quit playing. Requiring 99 wins in the arena is unreasonable, 30 would be reasonable as players would play everyday and the time limit for the cool down wouldn't be as extreme.

Allow players to put eggs in storage until they can build the required habitat, right now they are subjected to leaving the egg in the nest thus preventing further breeding, until they can build the habitat - up to a month for some players! The habitats are extremely expensive, there is no reason for this, give the habitat with the rare dragon the newer player breeds. STOP costing people a fortune to clear the spot they ALREADY spent a fortune to expand to!!!!

Implement a daily check-in prize: example - check in 10 days in a row and get a rare egg, check-in every day of the month and get an ultra rare egg. These things are done in other games and encourage players to keep playing.

I understand you need to make money to stay in business, but you are losing potential sources of income by making this too hard to get rare eggs. Many people spending smaller amounts will give you more income than having fewer people spend a little more - consider this loss.

I play this game on 2 devices, with 2 accounts. Viperlady, level 110 and Viragowitch, level 68

chic4stylin
03-18-14, 03:40 PM
Has it occurred to your business department that you are discouraging...

I've been saying (posting) the same thing several times. Doesn't seem to matter too much to TL. :( makes no sense to me

Trixie6969
03-18-14, 09:00 PM
Too bad not everyone that signs up or encouraged to the forum...just read my old account postings...same parity issues 2+ years... later...sigh...same frustrations....sad

chic4stylin
03-19-14, 01:14 AM
Too bad not everyone that signs up or encouraged to the forum...just read my old account postings...same parity issues 2+ years... later...sigh...same frustrations....sad

Yep, that's why I said that TL doesn't hear/care! I've only been playing since June of last year, but I've seen AND experienced not only the parity issues, but the issues that affect ALL gamers!!

yeshayahu
03-19-14, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone. I know exactly how you all feel. I tried and tried to breed for Dark Angel and Helios. I have neighbours who have several of each. I even know a Friend who actually got a Helios as a fail while trying to get an Easter Bunny.
I even bought the Diamond Temple. I wasted 300 Gold on it on both my games. Nada. Nothing!!! I gave up on those Beautiful Diamond Dragons after 3 months and 300 tries for Helios. Too depressing. It is only 8 hours, Mythic is also 8 hours. You get excited only to get another Mythic. So I can understand being BURNT OUT.

yeshayahu
03-19-14, 08:54 AM
I have all the Diamond Dragons except Dark Angel and Helios. I even have Prism on one of my games. Both of my games cannot get these two Dragons. So I rather work on my other Dragons than try again for Helios. It also took a Friend 500 X's to get Helios. That to me is a waste of time on just one Dragon, especially when others can get duplicates of said Dragons.

yeshayahu
03-19-14, 08:58 AM
I do not think I will quit Dragon Story, it is just a game and I have lots of Dragons. I will not do the Battles as I always end up having to use Gold which I refuse to waste my money on the for the Battles.