PDA

View Full Version : Gold sale

newmoonfashion
02-02-13, 12:34 PM
I have been playing for 7 months/level 85 on iPad and have never bought gold.
Only had one sale in all that time - maybe black friday. Didn't buy any gold then, but since I can't breed either Diamond, Elf, Snowman, Ceasar, Heart or any super rare dragons, I have come to the conclusion I will buy a Diamond if I haven't breed one within a month.
I get sale in Fashion story every week, how come there's none in Dragon? Is it because I have never bought gold for full price?
Are any high level players like me finding it harder to breed rare dragons?

kwhales
02-02-13, 12:47 PM
I don't think gold sales are player specific. They go out to everyone. Since I have been playing since September, they have had I think 2 sales.

tonguelashing
02-02-13, 06:03 PM
I don't think gold sales are player specific. They go out to everyone. Since I have been playing since September, they have had I think 2 sales.

Not entirely true. My fiancee had the most recent sale (20% off cost of dragons) on both of her devices (iphone and iPad), but I didn't get it on my Android Tablet and another friend playing on iPhone didn't get the discount, just saw dragons as regular gold prices.

Also, I at one point had a 40% gold sale on the tablet and she only got 20% off on her iOS devices. So gold sales and other sales ARE NOT universal. There is a criteria (maybe how much you buy gold??) involved.

kwhales
02-02-13, 06:07 PM
Not entirely true. My fiancee had the most recent sale (20% off cost of dragons) on both of her devices (iphone and iPad), but I didn't get it on my Android Tablet and another friend playing on iPhone didn't get the discount, just saw dragons as regular gold prices.

Also, I at one point had a 40% gold sale on the tablet and she only got 20% off on her iOS devices. So gold sales and other sales ARE NOT universal. There is a criteria (maybe how much you buy gold??) involved.

Never said the dragon sales were universal. I kept getting a new one each day, and my daughter had diamond sale for a week. But I do feel the gold sale is for everyone, even if the percentage is different. And I think the percentage was different between IOS and Android was to make up for non updates for android because android got the higher percentage off.

tonguelashing
02-02-13, 06:18 PM
Never said the dragon sales were universal. I kept getting a new one each day, and my daughter had diamond sale for a week. But I do feel the gold sale is for everyone, even if the percentage is different. And I think the percentage was different between IOS and Android was to make up for non updates for android because android got the higher percentage off.

That is possible. But if there's a sale, of any kind...shouldn't it be universal? Why should one iOS or Android user get a sale and the other not?

kwhales
02-02-13, 06:23 PM
No clue. Neither my daughter or I buy gold (well once we did) but we got different dragon sales. Maybe because I have diamonds, and she doesn't, she got the longer diamond sale. I need the hybrids and mistmoth and I got those on sale. Weird, but, hmmmm.

iaweforfun
02-02-13, 08:02 PM
One of the MODs said that the gold amount of which you buy is greater than more games.

iaweforfun
02-02-13, 08:03 PM
So its only fair. Becuz u get like 2400 gold for 100 dollars and like 300 for 100 on another game

doop01
02-03-13, 12:41 AM
Am sure that I've only had 2 gold sales in all the time I've played and I'm at level 88 or something. I wish there were more, I could do with some now lol. I'm kinda thinking there will be one soon with all this new stuff out, or maybe that's just wishful thinking lol