PDA

View Full Version : have possible breeding outcomes changed?

doop01
02-01-13, 04:55 PM
Yesterday I looked on wiki to see if an infinity was possible by breeding a diamond and crusader. The possible outcomes listed were fire, diamond, crusader and infinity. I was looking on there again today for something else and put in diamond/crusader again. Today the possible outcomes it gave were just fire and crusader. Has there been a change? Or am I able to get infinity or diamond from this pair???

jrodt333
02-01-13, 05:01 PM
The Dragon Story Wiki is run by regular people and not TeamLava. The reason they put it could get Diamond and Infinity was because Virtue and Diamond could get Diamond or Infinity, so I guess they assumed that all diamond and pure breedings could get a Diamond or Infinity. But because there have been no reports of getting Diamond or Infinity with that combo, they changed it back, I guess.

doop01
02-01-13, 05:10 PM
The Dragon Story Wiki is run by regular people and not TeamLava. The reason they put it could get Diamond and Infinity was because Virtue and Diamond could get Diamond or Infinity, so I guess they assumed that all diamond and pure breedings could get a Diamond or Infinity. But because there have been no reports of getting Diamond or Infinity with that combo, they changed it back, I guess.
Oh ok, then I prob shouldn't take it for granted that wiki is 100% accurate huh?

picklylily
02-01-13, 05:14 PM
What!? So I can't breed an Infinity using Quetzal and Diamond? How come a Virtue and Diamond can breed an Infinity? And not with a hybrid? Ugh!

kwhales
02-01-13, 05:15 PM
Oh ok, then I prob shouldn't take it for granted that wiki is 100% accurate huh?

Correct. One our players is a wiki um, person. They do their best, but it is not a Storm8 or Teamlava site.

jrodt333
02-01-13, 06:24 PM
Not 100% accurate, but almost always accurate. The people there do a good job.

What!? So I can't breed an Infinity using Quetzal and Diamond? How come a Virtue and Diamond can breed an Infinity? And not with a hybrid? Ugh!
Yep, nobody's gotten an Infinity that way before. And yeah, TL has weird breeding rules sometimes.

Horntail21
02-02-13, 09:40 AM

Pretty sure Virtue and Diamond cannot produce infinity either. That only two elements. Three if it breaks down and uses red/white. I guess virtue plus a diamond hybrid could produce an infinity. Red/white/diamond/green. Then you'd have to rely on it breaking down into red/white. Seems like a bother to me. Just use normal hybrids lol

picklylily
02-03-13, 12:25 AM
Pretty sure Virtue and Diamond cannot produce infinity either. That only two elements. Three if it breaks down and uses red/white. I guess virtue plus a diamond hybrid could produce an infinity. Red/white/diamond/green. Then you'd have to rely on it breaking down into red/white. Seems like a bother to me. Just use normal hybrids lol

Yes, it can. Viirtue and Diamond can produce an Infinity, viz:

I also got this piece of information through the Unicorn and the Infinity threads. The Virtue-Diamond combo has been confirmed by players to produce an Infinity. I won't be able to breed it with Virtue and a Diamond hybrid like Quetzal because the pink won't split. And, I haven't had luck with "normal hybrids" that's why I was curious about the Diamond hybrids. Thanks, though!

Baraze
02-03-13, 12:28 AM
I bred infinity and virtue and got an infinity. Stuff happens. A neighbor bred unicorn and infinity and diamond with infinity. Both ultra rares kept popping out like flies.

MazShaddix
02-03-13, 05:00 AM
Hmm I might try that virtue x diamond combo when I get bored of trying for a ceaser dragon lol

Horntail21
02-03-13, 06:47 AM
So virtue can breed as three colors at the same time? Interesting

knj00
02-03-13, 12:03 PM
Yesterday I looked on wiki to see if an infinity was possible by breeding a diamond and crusader. The possible outcomes listed were fire, diamond, crusader and infinity. I was looking on there again today for something else and put in diamond/crusader again. Today the possible outcomes it gave were just fire and crusader. Has there been a change? Or am I able to get infinity or diamond from this pair???

Sorry for the confusion....

This is correct. After reports started coming in of people getting Diamond/Infinity from breeding Virtue/Diamond the person who maintains the actual code implemented the rule for all Pure/Diamond breeding pairs. As not everyone was sure this to be true the testing started. (I aslo search through EVER breeding thread on here I could find) It was concluded that this was only true of the Diamond/Virtue pairing >_< (Pink color came with strange rules), and it took a few days for the calculator code to get changed back.

Again sorry for the confusion but we are just players like everyone else and maintain the site as best we can. :)

rubyjeen
02-03-13, 01:22 PM
i think the wiki calculator is great and I appreciate you spending your time to help us all out. I know I get confused with all the different combos. Most of the time I can't remember from breeding thru hatching how I actually got there. Thank you very much!

grondai
02-03-13, 01:33 PM
The breeding calculator has been messed up since virtue

knj00
02-03-13, 01:39 PM
The breeding calculator has been messed up since virtue

It's fixed now...... or is there something you would like to point out specifically?

kooky panda
02-03-13, 02:43 PM

This is not a Team Lava website and discussing third party websites not approved by Team Lava is against the forum rules.

There is not a Team Lava calculator to obtain breeding results, but we do have a Dragon Guide (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide)that has been created with information from Dragon players.