PDA

View Full Version : Gem and Holiday Box Terrible Accident

Lunastralis
12-15-10, 09:28 AM
Dear Team Lava,
I am Lunastralis and I accidentally bought a Holiday Box worth 24 Gems, I clicked Buy instead of the info icon and as this was a complete accident I was hoping I could get a refund for this. The item that came out of the Holiday box was a Candy Cane if this helps.
Thank you very much and I hope I get refunded

Unregistered
12-15-10, 09:40 AM
This is the kind of "accident" Team Lava has intentionally programmed into its games. Like, as soon as you load Restaurant Story forgetting you let some waffles spoil and it offers you the ability to revive a food item whose coin income you could replace in two hours by spending an inordinate amount of gems. (As if anyone would really want to do this ...)

TL games are loaded with gem traps on purpose. In fact, with so little actual gameplay, you could say this is the real game -- avoiding the traps!

I'm guessing tons of people have accidentally clicked on purchase while trying to tap that miniscule "info" button strategically placed within the purchase box itself.

Lunastralis
12-15-10, 12:58 PM
Yes it is very sneaky of them and it is very annoying, also the item that came out of the box isn't even worth 24 Gems! I still want a full refund as I never wanted to buy it in the first place :/

Unregistered
12-15-10, 03:58 PM
I've lost at least 12 gems in the last week from accidentally saving various expired foods when I really just wanted to clear them out. At least 4 of those gems fixed a batch of French Toast -- wow, that was not a good trade.

As post #2 says, unfortunately avoiding these one-click gem traps is a "game" in and of itself.

Teamlava's Lil' Helper
12-17-10, 06:29 PM
Hello.
Unfortunately, we are not able to reverse player in-game transactions.
Although we would like to give our players the benefit of the doubt always, there will be some players that will take advantage over the situation

I Apologize for any inconvenience

chvchv & chvchv2
12-17-10, 08:24 PM
I am sorry to hear this happened. Typically our support representatives are not able to reverse transactions in-game because we are not able to verify if it was an accident. Although we would like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, there will be players that will take advantage of this. This doesn't solve your issue, but I hope it helps explain some things better.

Obviously Norman doesn't either give a **** about anyone or he is a bot. There is no other explanation, especially when I see that someone right above Norman's post predicted exactly what Norman is going to write... Or: Norman is mocking us... Either way: 7 thumbs down!

Very sad!

Unregistered 1
01-07-11, 09:43 AM
Hello.
Unfortunately, we are not able to reverse player in-game transactions.
Although we would like to give our players the benefit of the doubt always, there will be some players that will take advantage over the situation

I Apologize for any inconvenience

please remove that SOLUTION word from your post if you don't have any solutions
anyway is there any possibility to get refund on gems bought accidently.
My younger sister of 3 was playing games on my iphone and she bought 432 gems by constantly cliking on "get gems" at the top bar of worth ?63.
I really want my money back is there any way that you could help me getting my refund with better solutions Thank you

Unregistered 1
01-07-11, 09:45 AM
please remove that SOLUTION word from your post if you don't have any solutions
anyway is there any possibility to get refund on gems bought accidently.
My younger sister of 3 was playing games on my iphone and she bought 432 gems by constantly cliking on "get gems" at the top bar of worth ?63.
I really want my money back is there any way that you could help me getting my refund with better solutions Thank you

Unregistered
01-07-11, 09:47 AM
This is the kind of "accident" Team Lava has intentionally programmed into its games. Like, as soon as you load Restaurant Story forgetting you let some waffles spoil and it offers you the ability to revive a food item whose coin income you could replace in two hours by spending an inordinate amount of gems. (As if anyone would really want to do this ...)

TL games are loaded with gem traps on purpose. In fact, with so little actual gameplay, you could say this is the real game -- avoiding the traps!

I'm guessing tons of people have accidentally clicked on purchase while trying to tap that miniscule "info" button strategically placed within the purchase box itself.

Hilarious....I believe this completely..rotfl

Unregistered 1
01-07-11, 09:47 AM

i am trying to write pound symbol but it doesn't let me
anyway it is 63 pounds if this helps

Unregistered
02-26-11, 03:28 PM
Ok well I accidently purchased da holiday box n it was a **** penguin that is not worth 24 gems. I believe that there needs to be a confirmation saying yes or no that you want to buy the item because I accidently touched the screen and there went my 24 gems. I sold the penguin and got 20,000 coins but I would have rather gotten atleast some of my gems back. This is ****!!! Fix it plz that's the least you can do so people don't accidently purchase something they don't want!!

Unregistered
02-26-11, 06:45 PM
I am sorry to hear this happened. Typically our support representatives are not able to reverse transactions in-game because we are not able to verify if it was an accident. Although we would like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, there will be players that will take advantage of this. This doesn't solve your issue, but I hope it helps explain some things better.

Norman, that is a totally specious argument. If you don't know what "specious" means, please look it up. TL needs only to have confirmation before purchasing. "Are you sure you wish to purchase a Holiday Box". Once a person continues with the purchase, this removes all doubt and all excuses. No need for any refunds and those who request them can safely be ignored....unlike now, because TL is in essence stealing from us by their lack of appropriate warnings. And please don't tell me again that confirmations cannot be placed there because "it's a selling area". This is the most idiotic thing you have ever said, and by God, that's saying something. TL continues to do this to fraudulently take money from us.